Junkies - Cover

Junkies

Copyright© 2011 by Sparker

Chapter 2

My name is Stephen Porter. I have been with the Flemington, NJ FD for 6 years. I needed a beer to wash away the smoke.

"You up for Rustic?" "Sure Stephen," Dave smiled when he thought of the hottest blond in Hunterdon County. Susan worked as a bartender at Rustic. She was as much of an attraction as the dancers. The Rustic was an upscale restaurant with a private club between Flemington, NJ and Clinton, NJ. It catered to those connected enough with the local businesses of questionably "Legal" activities. Most worked in the greater Newark-Elizabeth area. But they tolerated the hour drive on 78 twice a day to live in the Country.

Although they kept out the regular people, the local police, fire departments and local politicians were members. Some connected lawyers also were included, but most people hated lawyers so access was limited.

Dave and I showered and changed at the Flemington Station. Tom, the rookie wanted to tag along. He did alright at the fire so I said why not.

We took my car, a 2010 STS-V in Burgundy. It could move when I wanted. Heading north out of Flemington on 31 we hit the first area by the High School, where 31 changes from a single lane to a 2 lane. I pushed the speed a little passing the slower traffic in the left lane that were lined up for where the road changes back to single lane at the Walmart. I moved left and cutoff a slow car that was not paying attention when the light changed and sat there while traffic moved. He honked his horn in outrage, though he was 80 ft back. A mile and 3 lights later the road expands again. The V motor moves out quickly. Love this car. I'm moving fast, feeling strong, bulletproof. Nothing can stop me today.

Oh shit, I just passed a State car parked on the hill. He has me at 25 over the limit. I see his tires spinning trying to get traction. Heavy traffic is preventing him from entering the roadway. What the heck, and I am having such a good day. So I do the safe thing. I floor the big V and am shortly doing 110 mph coming up to the next light. The light is green but I don't know for how long. I can't see the State car yet. As I reach the light it turns Yellow. So being a safe driver, I punch it to not run a red signal. Oops. So close. The cross traffic is not even moving yet. Tom has tightened his seat belt, closed his eyes and seems to talking to himself.

I see the State car coming on strong behind me. He hits the Red with full lights and sirens, does not even slow down. I have 2 cars in front of me doing 55 side by side. What asshole drivers. The right shoulder is in good shape, why not? The State car is about 100 ft back still following me, the drivers move over when they see me and then the State car. It's a Dodge Hemi pursuit car. Just my luck. I slow down to take the turn to go to Rustic and State car is so close to my bumper, I can see the bugs on the front grill. The lights are blinding.

I pull over. The two State Cops, jump out of car, guns drawn and approach from the back, one on each side.

"Let me see your hands, NOW"

"No license and registration?"

"Just let me see your hands. All of you."

The rookie has his hands so far up they are leaving imprints on the roof of the Cadillac. His face is a little pale and his eyes are wide looking at both officers with hand cannons pointing at us. It is amazing how big the holes in the ends of the pistols look when they are pointed at your head and close enough to smell the gun oil. When they see the hands they order us out of the car. I am pushed with the others over to the shoulder, pushed against the side of the car, frisked, and we are all handcuffed. The officer reads us our rights, and we are placed in the back of the State car. One of the officers drives my car. We travel for about 5 miles on back roads. Tom is getting misty eyed, but holding it together well.

Dave says, "You know what I hate most about this?"

About then we pull in to the parking lot of Rustic and drive around the back. There is a small crowd back there as we pull up. They are passing bills back and forth.

"You always have to make a big entrance."

The officer gets out, opens the rear door and helps us out. The rookie is looking around and can't figure why we are here. As the State cop removes my cuffs. He has this shit eating grin on his face.

"Alright Stephen, Pay me." I reach into my pocket a take a $20 from my wallet.

"I'll get you next time Gary. Got time for a round?"

"Not today. We have another 4 hours on our shift."

The other officer comes over and gives me my keys.

I tell him, "Thanks Mike. Keep safe."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.