Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 18 - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

Selena was happy to have gotten out for work without ever waking Joe. She liked it when he got as much sleep as possible so he wouldn’t fade in the evenings. They were up until almost 1:00 am that morning and if he was up with her at 6:30 he surely would be asleep in the chair in front of the news when she got home.

She felt great this morning having spilled her guts to Joe about everything bothering her and asking for a little advice. Plus she had let her mind invent some war with him that didn’t exist in reality and she was able to settle that while making love. Mornings after sex, and there were quite a few of them, always made her feel freshened and clear.

Having finished her coffee and fruit in the hotel the concierge on duty saw her walking to the entrance promenade.

“Good Morning Ms. Johnson, can I summon a ride for you?” He asked.

“No, not necessary this morning. It may be cool fall weather, but the sun is bright and I could use the walk.” She said as she pushed a pair of sunglasses on and turned up her collar. She arranged her brief under her arm and took a wide brimmed hat from her carry bag she would hold in front her that held her few personal items, sweater, scarf and some snack bars. She thrust her other hand into her coat pocket for the brisk walk, her fingers wrapped around the pepper spray can in her pocket. She felt safe overall in this area but feared the overzealous media-ite. There was an agreed “stay away and don’t bother” to WSGG’s media partners, but still there were a few inquiring minds.

Her walk the few blocks filled her lungs with fresh air and she felt a spring in her step to get out in the cool fall air. As she neared the brownstone front of her goal she saw Jamaica Browne approaching from the other way. As they both crossed from the sunny side of the block Jamaica gave her a peculiar look and then startled when they both turned to go up the steps.

“Miss, this is a private concern.” Jamaica said coldly.

“For God’s sake, it’s me Jamaica!” Selena said as she took off her sunglasses and let her hair out of her chapeau.

“Holy crap Ms. Johnson, you’ve got a great disguise!” Jamaica said dead pan and serious.

Selena reached out and took her hands in hers.

“Jamaica, first of all, PLEASE, let me be Selena outside of the office. We can be friends, really. I know you think I’m a hard-ass who’s got you in my sights, but nothing could be further from the truth. What’s gone on here in the last few days is me protecting my money, our money, ALL the partners money, and our jobs. Once you attain partner you will have the same say in any situation as any other partner, no matter how tenured they are. We have no Chief Executive, but an acting spokesman to set the lead and take matters in hand that need to be taken that direction. I know I’ve only been back a few days but it looks like that has fallen to me, but it could just as easily be anyone in here. Yes, without a swift turnaround, I would have fired you in a whisper a few days ago. Now you seem part of the team and until that changes, and I suspect it won’t, you’re safe until the next partner vote. Work hard and you’ll pass muster easily. Please, let’s be friends and work together. OK?”

“I feel like part of the team, I just wasn’t sure where I stood with you. Working with you in the office together is intimidating because I learn something every time you open your mouth, and I want to learn. Last night I went and looked at the apartment your husband arranged for me and I signed a lease, it will be perfect. I took the train, or subway, half the trip is above ground, to Rye and it takes an hour each way and at least at the hour I took the trip, it’s mostly business people commuting. I even met a cute guy who goes that way every day. He showed me where to walk before I got off the train.” Jamaica said, seemingly relieved of any fears she had of Selena.

“He didn’t get off with you, Right?... , because that would have been creepy.” Selena said tipping her head wondering if the naiveté of a non-city person had surfaced.

“No, he even said he shouldn’t since we didn’t know each other. He was nice. He filled me in about the trains. The trip back was mostly students going home to the city I guess. Sweatshirts and backpacks were from Iona, Sarah Lawrence, and some Japanese school I think right near the apartment. The super said I could move in between now and the end of the month, once I give him a deposit and a month rent. I can have the rest of this month free.”

“Well, get everything in writing, and don’t trust anyone. There are lots of people in this city who want to separate you from your money, your credit cards, your purse, and your panties. Be careful all of the time. That guy on the train may have been cute, but until you establish who he is, no matter how nice he is or may seem, don’t trust him, nor should he trust you. I hate to make this sound so cold and daunting, but you could end up robbed and raped and dumped in a culvert and no one would care if you lived or died. The city is as cruel and dangerous as it is fun and exciting.” Selena warned her just before they both finished going up the stairs to have Deneigh buzz them in.

When all of the partners had settled into their offices Selena was still sitting with Jamaica watching the boards together while they read the days business papers, read the biz-blogs, and watched the financial talking heads. Twice Jamaica Browne took herself away from their tandem work spot to check out a trade or current price, trying to chase down “something suspicious or out of the ordinary.” When the coffee service had made its mid-morning delivery with items for a snack or break (doughnuts, pastries, granola bars, etc) along with a fresh urn of Joe, Selena smelled the aromatic brew and got up and began to gather her things.

“Ms. Browne, I feel you’re quite well off on your own. I haven’t been in my office for 9 years and I’ll bet it needs a bit of personalizing. Don’t be shy about calling me, or any of the others with questions, but you seem to have a handle on it.”

“Can I begin to personalize my accounts?” Jamaica asked.

“How many do you have?

“They’ve given me about 300, mostly new, mostly small folio, under 250K.”

“OK, eventually you’ll spend a quarter to half your time combing accounts, looking for safer ways for subscribers to manage their funds. Show your suggestions to Slim or I before you make any calls. Just come to one of our offices and knock, OK? My baby sitting job is over. I want to be your friend, your partner.” Selena said with a big smile and a wink for her.

Selena opened the door to leave as Jamaica spoke back to her, “Ms. Johnson, I could never thank you enough for the help and guidance you’ve given me. I was an out of control train about to go off the tracks and you stopped me and got me right. I had no self-esteem, no confidence, nowhere to turn to. Thank you and thanks to your husband for the assist finding me the furnished apartment. I’ve got a lot of little things to move from the furnished digs Mr. Curran had arranged for me her in Manhattan, but I’ll be in the new place by Monday morning when I leave for work. This is what I wanted when I came here. Thank you.”

One thought ran through Selena’s mind as she strode to her office, “Three or four days and I’ve got her on the right track and they were fine to just let her walk away and waste all of that money, time and talent. We should all have a talk about spine. I’m not going to carry the weight of this group on my shoulders.”

Sitting behind the desk in her office officially for the first time brought back a lot of memories for Selena. She opened her brief and put a few personal items on her desk and turned the switch to “in” for the light outside the door. She picked up the coat she had dropped in her guest chair earlier and went to hang it in the small cloak press in the corner next to her book shelves. There were three shelves with what appeared to be hardware boxes and a clothes bar with one empty hanger on it. At the bottom of the press was a box labeled “Selena Hanson-personal effects to be picked up”. Under the bold marker words were a pen scrawl, “Scott Hanson notified 10/12/2001”.

She pulled the box out and brought it to her chair and set it in, opening the four fold lock of the flaps.

One by one, fighting back tears, and smiling at each memento she took out. There were framed photos of Joe, her parents, and one of her with Joe in Jamaica. She pulled out an appointment book that boldly said 2001 on the front and a ribbon marker pulled through the page for 9/12. There was a teak wood block polished with a plate on the front with her name, and 2 pen turrets with the gold pens taped to the bottom. She took from the box a maroon address book she had since college with her friends and contacts over the years in it. She hugged it to herself and placed it neatly in the top drawer where she always kept the tattered book. As she set it in a white envelope showed its corner from the book and she curiously pulled it out. It wasn’t sealed and as soon as she opened the flap she remembered what it was, mad money; five crisp 100 dollar bills for those “just in case” moments. At the bottom of the box were her framed diploma’s and awards. As she took each out she returned each of them to the place on the wall where they were, their hangers still intact on the wall. It was apparent that her office had not been touched since that day. It had obviously been cleaned and dusted regularly. These people truly loved and missed her, so much so that they constructed another office for Jamaica Browne. She knew her sentimental Dad could never have come to pick up her effects, and if the office were to ship them, it would mean an end to Selena Hanson Johnson for them.

She sat back in her leather chair and cried hard tears, she was so moved it all. She turned on all of her screens and booted her computer as she tried to compose herself. Her monitor blue screened as soon as it began to boot stating that the operating system was not compatible with the main frame software. Her phone rang and the caller ID showed “Internet and Office Technologies”. She composed herself as much as she could and answered the phone with a soft “Hello?”

“Good morning, this is IOT, we manage your main frame and troubleshoot your system. You’re trying to boot an old desktop computer to the main frame, which is no longer necessary. I know this office has been dark for a bit but you need to only plug your monitor into the hot box on the side of your desk. There should be a free standing hard drive there for your personal files and wireless mouse and keyboard. They were all issued for this office, but never registered. Your in-house contact is a Deneigh Myersen, who should help you straighten out problems.”

“Thank you for your help.” She said softly as she hung up and began to gather herself.

She went to the press and got the biggest of the two boxes and opened it, it was the hard drive the tech spoke of. There was an envelope with a cable in it and a notice from Deneigh about hooking the hard drive to her old tower via USB, turning on the hard drive and restarting the tower. This would transfer files. When transfer was completed it said to arrange to return the tower to the storage room. It was dated December 4, 2006. She chuckled but took the 10 by 4 inch unit from the box and followed the instructions. As soon as she restarted her tower the screen had a notice from Internet and Office Technologies telling her to wait while files transferred. In a matter of minutes it was complete and she disconnected all of her wires and went for the other box in the press. It was a wireless keyboard and mouse with two batteries wrapped snugly in poly bearing an expiration date of Oct 2012. She brought it all to the desk and plugged her monitor into the “hot box”, the top of which had two touch pads, one said boot and the other hibernate. She touched the “boot” button and in a flash a Windows screen came up with all of the icons she would need to conduct business as usual. She put the batteries in the mouse and a small light began flashing on the side of the hot box, the mouse and keyboard were active. She smiled at the new technology WSGG had stepped up to, even though it was 5 years old and she and Joe had similar tech at home.

She opened her door and clicked her way up the walkway to the back of the building to the storage room and opened the door hoping to find a hand truck or rolling cart of some kind. The rolling cart was where it always was and she wheeled it to her office, all the while the only sound in the great room was the murmur of TV’s behind the office doors and clicking on her heels on the tiled walkway off the carpet in The Great Room. She lifted her tower and other wired paraphernalia onto the cart and rolled it back to the Storage Room. Flipping on a light this time, to be sure she put the cart out of the way until maintenance could take care of it, she saw a large 4 foot by 5 foot frame covered by what looked like the deep blue velvet back drop that was stretched out behind the group for press statements. Out of curiosity she pulled back the cover to see what the framed picture was.

Selena near fell to her knees when she looked at a painted portrait of her own image, surrounded in a spectacular gold detailed frame. At the bottom was a gold plate reading “Selena Hanson Johnson 1980 - 2001. We shall never forget her wit, her smile and her brilliant dedication to our purpose.”

Her knees wobbled as she stood back and leaned to the wall. Her eyes welled, once again, with tears flowing generously. Perhaps for the first time she had seen that she truly was dead and gone at one time in the eyes of so many. Had her fellow partners loved and respected her THAT much to put this tribute up for her? She walked into The Great Room and looked at the blank wall where the velvet curtain was pulled for statements and saw two hooks and the faint outline where a picture once was. Overcome with emotion, she rushed to her office and closed the door to sit alone. She turned off her “in” light and locked her door. Once she was composed she picked up her phone and called Joe.

“Joe, can you come and get me and take me to lunch?” She asked abruptly.

“Well, no, you should have planned it before I’m supposed to go...” He began to answer. “JOE, CAN YOU COME AND GET ME AND TAKE ME TO LUNCH? NOW!” She shouted into the phone.

Sensing something was wrong Joe changed his mind, “Yes, Selena I’m on my way. I’ll call when I pull up, OK?”

“Yes!” She said hanging up and redialing Deneigh.

“Miss Myersen, Joe is coming to get me for an early lunch, we have business to take care of, and I’ll be back by 1 pm.” She said quickly, not wanting to break down over the phone.

She put on her coat and pulled the collar up and slipped her sunglasses over her reddened eyes, hoping no one would see her or want to speak with her before she left. Joe must have been close because her phone rang within a few minutes.

“Essy, I’m pulling up in front, are you OK?” He said as she answered with a terse “OK”.

She left her office and clicked her way up the hall and through the door into reception and past Deneigh. She kept her head down and did not acknowledge Deneigh’s confused call out of “Have a nice lunch.”

Down the steps quickly and into the car she bent forward and broke into hard tears causing Joe alarm.

“Selena! Is there a medical emergency here? Did you quit? Were you fired? What is it?” He asked in almost panic.

“NO! Just bring me someplace where we can talk and be alone! Don’t go home, I don’t want to walk through the lobby like this!” She said continuing to sob.

“A courier from the TV station just came over with the key to the condo and a lease for us to sign. I was going there to look at the place. We’ll be alone. We finalize with Alexis at 5 at the studio, you’re supposed to read for her.” Joe said quickly hoping he hadn’t confused her.

“That’s fine, if we’ll be alone!” She said sitting up and using tissues to wipe her tears away from her eyes and blow her nose.

In the pre-lunch hour traffic Joe got to the building quickly and drove into the garage showing the attendant the lease and the key to get in. The key read “entrance A” and Joe drove to that section of the semi-underground lot and quickly got out hurrying over to get Selena’s door and walk her to the A elevator. He didn’t try to flush information from her, he just wanted to get her alone.

He slid the key into the A slot and the door opened, using the key again he put it into the slot in the elevator and he felt the car lift and then stop on the 2nd floor. When the door opened there was a short hallway with 4 doors. Theirs was A-2 and he opened the door and found a furnished, clean smelling condo with new carpet awaiting them. They stepped inside and Selena turned into Joe and hugged him so tightly he almost couldn’t breathe.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.