Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning - Cover

Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Chapter 17

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 17 - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

For the first time since working with Miss Browne, Selena felt comfortable enough to drop her attitude with her and begin to work as teammates, side by side. They watched the numbers flash on the screens and the TV analysis shows with financial experts to get perspectives they might have missed. After an hour of note taking and passing ideas to each other the intercom rang for a general message to all stations, “Ladies and Gentlemen, in the Great Room in 5 minutes” came the call from Deneigh who apparently had been summoned by one of The Five. No more than a minute later while she and Jamaica were collecting note pads the intercom rang once again.

“Ms. Johnson, Alexis Konstantakis on your private line. Would you like to take it or call her back after Great Room?” Deneigh called out. A subtle muted beep let Selena know the intercom was open for her to speak aloud.

“I’ll get it Ms. Myersen, I’ll keep it short.”

“Hello Alexis, I’m so glad we were able to do business with you on the condo. Thanks for considering us.” She beamed.

“Oh my Lord, not a problem. The miracle of your recovery made me, and all of us at The News Desk so happy. I missed you so badly after the whole thing came down, no pun intended. You were the best lunch buddy I ever had. A few years later I gave up my Wall Street job to produce for them and I’ve branched into a few other things. Can we do lunch today? I want to talk to you about doing another screen test, maybe filling in or even getting your own nights. We don’t use one host anymore.” She told Selena.

“Well, YES, I can do lunch, can we meet at 12:30 where we always went?”

“Yes, it’s still there.”

“OK, we can talk then. I’m not sure about tackling that now, but I do want to talk about it. Listen, I have a meeting in one minute. Let’s talk at 12:30, OK?” She said finishing up.

Selena and Jamaica were the last two into The Great Room and were about to sit down when Selena saw Deneigh taking her usual place at the end of the table with her digital recorder and steno pad.

Before she sat down she looked to her and said, “In the future, Miss Myersen, get someone from the steno pool to attend so you can properly participate. We’ll work at filling your job up front so you can devote more time to our work.”

As everyone at the table nodded in agreement with her, Selena saw that Ross had been right about just taking the reins and doing what needed to be done.

John Branniff stood, making two fists that he leaned on as he spoke, taking the stance he always took when he asked for the floor.

“I think we need to look a little deeper into something that became obvious to me in the news and trades this morning. Anyone?”

Each person at the table nodded and held up a notepad with one word circled in their scribbling. GOLD.

“At least I know I’m not imagining it.” John said as he held up his own notepad with GOLD written in big letters before speaking.

“There’s been a lot of movement of the stuff in a lot of strange places. It looks like a few of the rebel African nations are possibly buying weapons from China and maybe Iran. The transfer of gold has been too heavy for it to be food or oil. If its weapons I’m sure the CIA is watching it closely, but I’m more concerned with all the selling, that it might drop the price and panic a few people. Gold is always security, but this is a poor time to buy gold as an investment, it’s at a record high and buying to see more gains is risk speculation, but unless someone bought it in the last 36 hours, it’s still way ahead of the price paid. It closed at 1917 yesterday and it’s showing 1836 right now. It was at 1786 two days ago, so I wouldn’t panic, but newbie investors have set off flags on 4 of the folios I tend, wanting to dump it. Do you think we should make a statement considering so many new gold speculators? Veterans can see the writing on the wall, price wise, but if enough people are skittish of their new investment and sell, it could set off a little panic on those who lost big on the last crash. I think we all know that if the dollar goes down, only those with gold will financially survive.”

“Do you think it would be wise to mention the word “war”, if we do make a statement?” Ross Curran asked.

“Ah, therein lies the rub, Mr. Curran. How do we convey the selling and transfer of the stuff without saying the word and leaving it so obvious that we don’t need to.”

Slim stood up and put a finger to his chin. “I think my friend at the State Department could give me an idea if war in the region is a reality. If it is we can say “rumored” or “suspected” in the statement. I think we have to show a valid reason why these people have sold their commodity, and not let folks think they are just cashing in on the price change, although it’s the sale that caused the price change.”

Selena shook her head and opined aloud, “Those who bought gold to get rich and would sell it on fluctuations deserve what they get, but when they’re our subscribers I suppose we should back them.”

Then, for the first time in any of these gatherings Jamaica Browne spoke up, “We should be sure to approach them as not making it obvious that we don’t approve of their path of speculation. We have to keep in mind that a plus in their end of day net worth is their goal. You’ll never convince them that sitting on a losing investment is secure.”

John Branniff was the only one at the table not taken aback by the fact she had spoken.

“THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a salient point we should all carry with us in any calls we make on this. Also, in any statement we decide to do.” Branniff said wiggling two fingers on the hand outstretched over his notes as he looked them over without looking up.

Ross Curran beamed inside at her comment and wanted to go over and kiss Selena Johnson for the shock treatment she had given to wake her.

“Mr. Beupour, why don’t you try your friend at the State Department right now, while we wait? I think we should get a statement out before closing today. Does anyone think that’s being too aggressive?” Selena said.

Trace Fountain chuckled as he looked to Selena with a shake of his head, agreeing it wasn’t too forward. “Ms. Johnson, your actions in the hours you’ve been back with us indicate you have planned to stay for a bit. May I add a “bravo”.”

Selena smiled widely and then turned red, embarrassed at being singled out, only to comment, tongue in cheek, “Someone had to get here and straighten you old farts out.”

Everyone in the room knew the “old farts” comment was a reference to the late Charley Ford who always said he felt like that around Selena, whom he treasured as the daughter he never had. They all had a good chuckle while Jamaica tried to figure why such off color comments drew laughs.

Trace stood and said “It’s almost 12:30, let’s break for lunch. We can all take an hour, Ross and John have business uptown. I’ll use the extra time to do the first draft of the statement.”

“Oh no, Mr. Fountain. You go for your hour. I’ll do the first draft.” Deneigh said as if shocked by his words.

“Don’t be foolish Deneigh. Get the service to answer the phones and you take the hour. How do you think you’ll be able to sit in a partners chair if you don’t learn how to take a full hour? I’ll have it ready for you to proof before the read through. I’ll hear no argument.”

“Oh, I suppose I could shop now instead of after work.” She said.

Slim came out of his office having spoken to his connection at the State Department.

“Well, for what it’s worth, there are rebels already fighting and some opposition armies are beginning to assemble. They don’t know how big this will all get, but certainly the official governments are the ones moving the gold to protect themselves and the part of the nations that are supporting them. We really don’t know how widespread the rebel factions go.” Slim reported.

“Thank you Mr. Beupour, I may try to gently word a part of the statement to show that there is a certain franticness or fanaticism pushing the sales, and not REAL reasons to panic at all.” Trace said as he took his notes.

They all broke for lunch and went about their respective business. Selena was the first one back and she called her code in to the service to get the door buzzed. In the Great Room Trace was eating a sandwich from his briefcase while he scribbled a draft of the statement on a yellow pad. He nodded to Selena and she went for her office, which she still hadn’t set up. As she passed Jamaica’s office she saw the door propped open and Jamaica behind her desk with a sandwich and a catalog to thumb through. Selena nodded to her but heard her call.

“Selena, have you got a moment?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I have an embarrassing question, but my mind won’t let me rest until I ask it.”

“OK, what is it?”

“Close the door please.” Jamaica said as she flushed with embarrassment.

“Well, this morning when you were chewing me out again you made reference to “if you fill your nose, drink the booze, wiggle your ass, and bumpitty bump and suckitty suck your way around town.” I know I must have been that obvious to everyone that I was hungover a lot, and doing coke. But, I never had sex with anyone that was even close to this company but I realize that it might be common knowledge that young women enjoy sex while high. However, who told you I was ... er ... giv ... doing oral sex? Someone in here?”

“No one made ANY reference to your sexual habits Jamaica, don’t be paranoid! My husband, who knows his way around Manhattan a lot better than I wish, and mind you BEFORE he met me ... so much so we STILL probably can’t go to most of the trendy eateries because of who he has been with in the past. Anyway, he told me, and I know now from firsthand experience, that EVERY woman gives head, blowjobs, or whatever you want to call it. Every woman acts like it’s the worst thing you could do, but behind closed doors, things change. If you think you’re more promiscuous than most because you did, don’t. However, you really should know who you’re with and how you feel about the person. My words were not aimed just at you from anything specific I heard. I assumed, and from your embarrassment, I assumed right. Now you may assume with every woman you come into contact with. We all love it with the right person.” Selena said with a wink as she got up.

As she propped Jamaica’s door the way it was and headed to her office she heard Jamaica call out, “Thank you, I feel much better now”, followed by a little giggle.

By 1:30 all of the offices were occupied with closed door and just before 2:00 Deneigh opened the intercoms for final statement review in 5 minutes. She read the statement prepared by J Trace Fountain with her edits. Each member nodded and took notes for changes and in 10 minutes Deneigh had the final ready to publish.

As they were about to break they all stood and waited for Ross Curran to give them a time for the press to be let in for the reading. Ross looked to Selena and gave a stern tip of his chin as if to nod to her, wanting her to assume the reins. “Deneigh, inform the media that we will have a statement at, um... 3:45. Make them aware that I won’t be doing any interviews beyond the subject.” Selena said before they all repaired to their lairs.

About 3:30 the First Financial News crews were in to set up lighting, pull out the backdrop curtain and hang the logo as WSGG was a long time advertiser and sponsor. At precisely 3:45, on a cue from Deneigh, the door of each office opened and the group walked to assemble before the logo and into the lights. Deneigh stood with her arms folded chatting with one of the newsmen when Selena called to her,

“Miss Myersen, we’re waiting for you to join the line so we can begin.”

Deneigh tried to act as if she weren’t surprised and came up where Selena positioned her right next to her, with Jamaica Browne flanking her other side. They all stood stoic and after a pause when the red light came on Selena stepped to the lectern and read.

“The price of gold has made some wild highs and lows in the past few days causing concern in the eyes of some investors. Be assured that no matter what the price of this precious commodity, it is, and always will be, the safest, most trusted, investment. If I may give some...” Selena continued keeping the statement at just over 45 seconds. When she finished she turned and stood back with her colleagues until the red lights went off.

Reporters arms flew up wanting to ask questions, “Ms. Johnson, Ms. Johnson?”

Deneigh went to the lectern and simply said, “There will be no questions today.”

As Selena was about to step into her office one reporter shouted loudly, “Ms Johnson, does this mean you are back to assume your position with the firm on a full time basis?”

She was about to close her door when she stepped back into view and said, “It is as it seems until it changes.”, and then she closed her door.

“I had lunch with Alexis today.” Selena said as Joe poured wine for her after she had changed from her work clothes.

“She’s full time with the network now?” He asked.

“She could go back to the investment firm, but they consider her work to be a conflict, now. When she was just reporting, it was OK, like WSGG with me. She writes copy and editorial now, so they gave her unpaid leave for 2 years. She’s trying to figure out if she has a future in broadcasting.” She said sipping her wine.

“She seems to hold a lot of the strings right now.”

“They’re working on a shoestring right now until this hotshot from the BBC comes in. She’ll be his top production assistant, but if she can run the show without him, why do they need him?” She wondered.

“Easy, hon, because she hasn’t fucked up yet. Her division just has so many shows and she can’t change that content, she just has to make sure it all gets on the air. When it came down that they wanted to cut 5% of the talent budget she was going to sell the condo, but we’re picking up the lease on that to cover for her. Why they leased 2 condo’s for talent is beyond me anyway.”

“Well, she must have some leeway, she offered me a job, but I’m not sure. I certainly wouldn’t do it for the money, a half hour of Union scale, but it is fun and just across the street.” She told him while making a doubting face, unsure of how she felt about it.

“If you want your ego fluffed by being recognized, you should do it. It’s not like Joe Schmoe is going to recognize you, just stockheads and people too lazy to change the channel.” He said chuckling.

Selena grew a little huffy at Joe. “It’s not like they’ll be throwing rose petals before me as I walk up the street. It’s more like dropping a jar of olives in the market and somebody saying, “oh look, there’s that stock news lady, ... butterfingers!”, that’s the extent of being recognized. I don’t have that kind of ego.” She said pointing a finger at him in her defense.

“Essy, whatever you want to do that makes you happy. You were so proud of yourself before when tried it. Maybe it’s good for your self esteem.” Joe decided.

“Well, the media rewrote history after we came out. They showed me doing the report, but they were only demos. 9/11 was to be my first night actually doing it, but I WOULD have been happy doing it, for my personal sense of accomplishment. Speaking of that, Ross told me today to show leadership initiative and I could basically run the firm, not be CEO, but hold the reins. I guess no one really wants to call themselves the “boss” and Ross says he overheard me giving a ration of shit to Jamaica Browne and then to Slim. He likes my style. I told him I was just protecting my investment, but he says that’s the shot in the arm the group needs.” She told Joe as he stood and slammed his fist into his hand.

“You mentioned Slim! Shit, I FORGOT! Slim and Shelly are stopping over at 8 o’clock, on their way home from dinner. They wanted us to join them, but it didn’t sound good to me. I’m sorry, I forgot.” Joe told her as he stood and began to pick up what few things were out of place.

“Well, I don’t feel like getting dressed, but I’m not going to meet them for the first time in 9 years in sweat pants. Besides, it’s good that Slim and I establish a personal relationship outside work. I ripped him a new one today over a situation. I hope he can sort it out, you know, what’s work, what’s not.” She said as she changed and Joe walked in to do the same.

“Was it necessary, or was it that damn ego of yours.” Joe said jibing her.

Selena turned and jabbed a finger at Joe.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.