In the Shadows - Cover

In the Shadows

Copyright© 2011 by aubie56

Chapter 4

A week later, Nemesis and Nightmare were sparring. Nemesis was working to get Nightmare to trust her armor completely. Nightmare still had a tendency to flinch whenever she was hit by a knife or club, and Nemesis was trying to get her over that so that she could fight more efficiently. Nightmare was making good progress, but she still needed more practice to be up to Nemesis' standards.

The two women were armed exactly alike with baton, gun, and knife. The only way to tell them apart without hearing a voice was to note that Nemesis was slightly taller and had bigger tits and ass. Even at that, the two superheroines were so close together in appearance that they might have been twins.

After an hour, Nemesis called a halt. "OK, that's enough for now. We need to eat and rest a bit if we are going out tonight." Getting no argument from Nightmare, she pulled off her hood and wiped her head with a towel. "Come to think of it, I think that I will grab a shower before supper. How about you?"

She received a grin for an answer, and the two headed for the shower. There was no hanky-panky in the shower, just a wash before supper to get rid of the heavy sweat. They put on fresh uniforms and headed to the dinner table. The three men were there, too, and there was a lively conversation, some of it suggestive, but it was just talk, since the women were going on patrol pretty soon.

When they were in the SUV and headed out, Nightmare broke the silence with a question. "I have a problem, Nemesis. I've feeling kind of horny, and I have been without for about four months. Would you object if I found a man to keep me satisfied?"

"Oh, my God, Nightmare, I have really screwed up. I am such a creature of habit that I didn't even think about you having the kind of problem I used to have. Please forgive me for my foolishness! Of course, you can have a man, in fact, you can have as many as you want as far as I am concerned. All I care about is that they can be trusted not to talk about us and what we do.

"Say, what about the men who are already trustworthy? Would you be interested in sampling Phil, Doug, or Sam? I certainly don't mind, and it would keep our secret safe. Think about it, and let me know what you decide."

"Hell, I haven't said anything about your harem because I didn't want you to look upon me as a threat. If you're willing to lend them out, I sure would like to try each one. What would they say about it?"

"I guess that they would be interested, but I don't know for sure. Each one of them thinks that he owes me a deep debt, and that's why he stays with me. All I can suggest is that you broach the subject of sex to each one and see what he says. Feel free to tell him that I don't mind if they fuck you, just so long as I don't have to watch. That's not my kind of thing!"

Nightmare laughed and said, "Thanks, I'll ask around tomorrow. Please, just let me know if I start to infringe on your territory."

"Sure thing, girl. After all, what are friends for?" They both laughed at that. The rest of the short trip was devoted to discussing their mission for this night. Nemesis wanted to shift their area of interest. The neighborhood that Nemesis had been covering for the last three weeks was now burned out as far as muggers and rapists were concerned. She had not found any for the last two nights, so she wanted to shift to a different area.

This was Nightmare's first official trip out with Nemesis, so she was looking for a place with enough activity to be interesting, but not something that would wear Nightmare out after all of the rest she had been enduring while her arm healed. The target for tonight was the restaurant district of the city. These would mostly be muggings that they wanted to stop. Neither woman really expected to find anything else at this site.

They parked in an all-night parking garage, and they were hardly out of their SUV when they had their first action. They heard a cut-off scream for help in a woman's voice and a loud grunt that sounded like it came from a man. They ran toward the sound and found pretty much what they had expected.

Apparently, some enterprising thugs had decided to hit their victims before the people could get to a restaurant. That way, they were likely to have more cash in hand. Even if they paid for the meal by credit card, a lot of people liked to tip in cash because it made a much bigger impression on the person receiving the tip.

They found a man lying on the ground and a woman being held by a man. He was taking advantage of an opportunity by having one hand pushed up under the woman's skirt and the other hand pushed down on her tits. A second man was rifling the pockets of the unconscious man, and being none too gentle about it. The unconscious man was wearing a very well cut business suit, and the woman being abused by the man holding her was wearing a classic little black dress.

Nightmare went after the man abusing the woman while Nemesis went after the man stealing the unconscious one's valuables. Neither man saw them coming, so when they hit, the attack was over in seconds. Nightmare poked her man near the spine with her baton as she ran up to him at full speed. The stick caught him just to the left of his spine and below his ribcage.

He went to the ground immediately with the woman he was abusing on top of him. He was not unconscious, but he probably wished that he was. Nightmare helped the woman to stand and to move away from the mugger. Nightmare then kicked the man under his left ear with her instep. Her uniform hardened at the moment of contact, so it was as if she had kicked the man with a steel shoe. He suffered a fatal concussion, but it took about 30 minutes for him to die.

Nemesis did not fool around. She ran at her target and kicked him with the toes of her right foot in the lower jaw. As with the other man, it was as if he had been kicked with a steel boot, and his jaw was ripped loose from his face. The skin tore as the foot made contact, and the lower jaw went flying about 25 feet where it slid under a parked car. It took the cops nearly an hour to find it when they finally arrived.

Nemesis finished her job by kicking the man again in the back of the neck where his skull joined his spine. The force of this blow ripped his brain stem loose from his spine, and he died shortly thereafter. The unconscious man was lying on his back, so Nemesis didn't try to do anything else for him for fear that she might cause more harm. Instead, she just called 911 and warned the woman not to try to move her husband, but to wait until the medics arrived.

They dropped Nemesis and Nightmare business cards and left. The cards had been improved from the earlier versions, as they now had photographs of the two vigilantes on the back of the cards. That way, their pictures could appear in print and on TV without chancing an accidental give away of too much information.

Nemesis and Nightmare jumped to the roof of an adjacent building so that they did not have to chance showing themselves exiting the parking garage. The multitude of openings in the walls of the garage made that very convenient.

It was still daylight, so they decided to check out another nearby parking garage. Here was where they found a very odd item of clothing. The garage was six levels tall, and it was at the second level that they found what at first looked like a skirt, but, upon closer inspection, proved to be the lower half of a dress that had been crudely cut from the rest of the dress by a knife. Nearby were another lower half of a dress and two pairs of panties, actually thongs.

Obviously, two women were in some kind of danger, so the two heroines set out to find and rescue them if possible. It seemed logical that the women had run up the driving ramp, judging from where the clothes had been found. Nemesis and Nightmare ran up the ramp to try to stop whatever was going on, though they had no idea what the details of the situation might be.

Occasionally, there was the scuff mark from a shoe showing that several people, probably males, had recently walked up the ramp. The two heroines guessed that these were marks left by men or teenage boys chasing the women up the ramp. At last, they came to the top deck of the parking garage, and that was when they heard a woman screaming. They ran toward the sound, and found a bizarre sight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.