What's a Father to Do? - Cover

What's a Father to Do?

Copyright© 2011 by Barneyr

Chapter 9: What a Show

Sam and I sat where we were told and a beer was suddenly thrust into our hands, cold ones too. We sat back and wondered what was in store for us. My girls' door opened and Sandy paraded out in a very nice sundress and sandals. She twirled around, showing quite a bit of leg, then went to stand by her father's room. Brie came out next, in much the same dress, but a different color, one that complemented her hair, and wearing sandals. She twirled in her dress and I was able to see up to her mid-thigh. A little too much leg, if you ask me. We waited for Cathy to appear next. Her dress was also of a different color that complemented her hair and she was also wearing sandals. She twirled and we saw just past her knee. Shel then came out, in much the same type of dress, but in a very pale green, almost a misty green. Wow, did she look nice. When she twirled, I could see all the way up to her mid-thigh as well. Then they each, in turn, paraded back to the bedroom and we awaited the next showing. Two more times, the ladies came out in a skirt and blouse or shorts and top. Shel came out first the next time, wearing her first dress, and sat at the bar and commented on the next girl to come show us their purchases. All in all, the girls came out another fifteen to twenty times. After the last outfit, they came over and hugged us, kissed their daddies, and said thank you for all the nice clothes. I think I mumbled something about "You're welcome," and they all ran back to the bedroom to change into their regular clothes. Shel was still in her pale green sundress, and asked if we could talk privately in my room. I looked at Sam and he winked and whispered, "Enjoy!"

I followed Shel into my bedroom, where she sat on the bed and patted a place next to her. I thought, 'Oh, oh, here it comes. Thanks, but no thanks.'

I sat close to her and said, "I didn't really get to tell you first, thank you for all your assistance today, there is no way I could have pulled that shopping spree off and gotten half of what you did. I would have kept my little girls dressed as little girls, not young women. Second and most important, I didn't get to tell you how beautiful you looked in all of your outfits, this one especially. You look like a fairy princess, only taller."

"Brianna picked this one out for me. She said your wife had a tattoo of a dress similar to this on her leg, and you called her your pixie. I said I didn't think I should, but she promised me it would be alright. Is it alright? I don't want to take her away from you; I would only like to add to your happiness. I also have some additional outfits that I didn't show you tonight that are for your eyes only, but that is only if you want me to stay.

"I have a confession to make. I have only had one real love in my life, and although we were never married, we had committed ourselves to each other. He was called up three years ago and was killed by an IED the third day in country. I loved him so much that I swore to myself I would never again fall so hard for any guy. I have broken that promise today, well actually, yesterday afternoon. As soon as I saw you, something inside me broke and then my heart sang a love song to me. I would never have believed that I could fall for any guy again, but to fall for someone I just met, no way. And yet, here I am in your bedroom asking, no begging, you to give me a chance. Please let me be around you so that you can get to know me better. I promise to leave if you tell me to go. I will not cry in your presence, and I will avoid you from now on. Please ask me to stay, even if for a little while."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.