Can't Pick Your Family - Cover

Can't Pick Your Family

Copyright© 2011 by Argon

Chapter 16: Rumors

Thriller Sex Story: Chapter 16: Rumors - Joey Di Rosa is the grandnephew of a Cosa Nostra kingpin. Deirdre Darling is the daughter of a district attorney. Yet, they become soul mates and lovers until a violent crime tears them apart. Caution: the story gets ugly towards the middle, and as in real life, crime pays if done right.

Caution: This Thriller Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Violence   School  

For the next week, Joey kept waiting for a summons to the hospital and to Deirdre's room. It did not come. Maureen kept him posted, but visits were still not possible. If anything, Deirdre's mental state was deteriorating.

With all the stitches pulled and her bruises waning, she was allowed to leave the hospital. Maureen was with her when the ambulance drove her home, but once they wheeled her up to the front door, Deirdre had another big panic attack. Nothing helped, and Deirdre screamed and struggled until they wheeled her back to the ambulance. After a brief telephone conference with Dr. Blumberg, Deirdre was driven to a private sanitarium outside of Philadelphia.

She remained there, in full seclusion, for six weeks. There were days when she would not even see Maureen, but according to the attending therapists, there was improvement. On a bright and sunny day in late August, Deirdre returned to Poweltown Village in a taxicab with Maureen. It took a great mental effort to walk over the threshold of their house. Joey learned about this event a few hours later when Maureen called to report. Deirdre was sleeping in her room, but she had been clear in her head and communicative during the cab ride. Of course, Joey inquired about visiting, but Maureen asked him to be a little more patient.

She came by on the next morning, running up to his door. When he opened, she pressed a letter into his hand.

"She must have written this this morning before I woke up. She wanted you to have it right away. I have to hurry back. I hope it's good news!"

And then she was already driving back. His heart beating in his throat Joey went back into the house and ripped the envelope open. He saw her neat handwriting and began to read.

My dearest Joey,

I have heard from my mother that you kept pestering her for news about me all those weeks while I was locked away as a certified loon. I am deeply sorry that I kept hurting you with my silence, and I have only my mental state as an excuse.

The last weeks were grueling, in more than one sense. First in closed sessions, then in group session, they made me remember everything that happened to me during the almost three days the Montalbans kept me. I still cannot see the sense in that, me reliving all what happened, but they were adamant. I do not know whether it is because or in spite of those sessions, but I am now better able to deal with what happened.

Physically, I seem to have healed completely. The bruises are all gone, even on my body. I am eating normal food now, and everything down there seems to work. What still doesn't work is me being alone with any man. Mom was thoughtful enough to get a female cabbie to drive me home, but that is something I need to work on.

This especially if I ever want to see you again. I don't know how you feel about me now after two months. I am almost hoping that you have moved on. It would spare me some difficult decisions ahead, but I also fear this possibility. I am at once terrified of being with you and of losing you. Crazy? I already stated that I'm a loon, right?

I am also afraid that by allowing you near me, I will set you up for more hurt in the future. I don't want to hurt you! Mom keeps telling me that I'll hurt you the most by not allowing you near me. I want to believe that, but then the memories come back, and I cannot see myself as ever being able to be what you expect of a girlfriend.

The therapist also showed me the brilliant pieces of investigative journalism in the Rumor Mill. They really did a number on me with that photograph. I hear the guy who took the picture is in prison now for possession of child pornography, and I'm thinking, yes, that's the kind of guy it takes to make money off a raped girl.

I also hear that the men who took me are still at large. This and the pictures in the tabloid make it impossible for me to stay here in Philadelphia. Don't get me wrong: I will have the fondest memories of the time I spent with you. Then again, the thought of being recognized on the street as the 'poor girl who was raped' is just too much. I won't even touch on the thought of running into those two monsters.

So, Joey, I have decided to accept the scholarship in Eureka and to move there in two weeks. This is not to be away from you. I would like to keep contact with you, by e-mail, be telephone, by letters. The therapist told me to focus on the good things in my life, and you, Joey, are the best thing that ever happened to me. I know that you are afraid of losing me to another man, to another student, over there. Believe me, the man is not even conceived yet who could talk me into a date for the next months or even years. In no time it will be Christmas, and we can see each other again. I hope that I will be able by then to interact with you the way I want to.

So, here goes: Joey, I begin to believe that you may still be able to feel for me, that I may still be yours again one day. Going to Eureka is without alternative right now, but I promise that I will not, not ever, go on a date with a man while over there. In return I ask you for your understanding. It's only a few months, and then, hopefully, we can talk and find solutions. I learned a few things about myself during therapy, and I hope it will make me a better person, a stronger person, and hopefully, a person who can live up to the image you keep projecting into me.

Please relay my deep gratitude to your cousin, your uncle, and to any other person who helped saving my life. My fondest regards go to Tess, but my love only to you.

Deirdre

The letter was encouraging, heartwarming even, but left Joey at a loss over what to do. He had counted on at least seeing her once before college started, but the letter did not indicate any such possibility. He needed to see her. Sitting down at his desk, he unscrewed the old fountain pen of his father and began to write an answering letter. He felt it was better to send a hand-written letter than some computer print-out.

My darling Deirdre,

I have received your letter and the most important news it gave me is that you have recovered from your injuries. I can imagine that you will still find it difficult to meet other people, men in particular, but your letter at least gives me some silver lining of hope that you will give me a chance in the future. This is already more than I could hope for in the last, dreadful weeks.

I already expected you to turn your back on Philadelphia. Too many bad things have happened here, and it is not really your home town anyway. Tess is two years away from her graduation, and depending on her plans, I may be free then to transfer to another college, perhaps even out in the West. I cannot see myself at your tree hugger school (just kidding), but then there are Berkeley and Stanford within driving distance from Eureka.

So, yes, I accept your need to be away from Philadelphia. What I have problems with is that you want to leave for California without seeing me. You say it's only a few months, but I have lived for two months without seeing you, and they were miserable two months. I can see how you have problems with a date, but perhaps we can have dinner some place. Maureen can be there, and Tess, and I can at least see you and be sure that you are not hurting anymore. I ask you for this one favor, Deirdre. Give me a chance to see you once more before you leave.

This is not an ultimatum. I will be waiting for you regardless. It will make the wait more tolerable though, and it will give me a sign that you still have feelings for me.

Yours in love

Joey

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.