Soul Search
Chapter 8: Collections

Copyright© 2011 by POL

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 8: Collections - Art, 'The Mailman' and his partner 'Sharp' Louie are on the lam after a bloody drug deal robbery in New York City. They head south heading toward Texas when they come across a hot looking girl, Karen, and her boyfriend who are also traveling south for reasons of their own, which turns out to be one Hell of a trip none of them could ever have even imagined.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   NonConsensual   Rape   Mind Control   Paranormal   Incest   Uncle   Sadistic   Anal Sex   Violence  

The sextet of gospel singers had just finished singing a stirring rendition of "Are you walking with Jesus?" ... then for exactly two seconds all lighting was extinguished, plunging the entire area into total darkness. After the two seconds of pitch blackness, colored floodlights came on one at a time, illuminating three foot diameter circles in radiant reds, blues and greens. The reverend Earnest Bishop bound from behind floor to ceiling dark purple velvet drapes onto the makeshift dais, his entrance had been precisely arranged and rehearsed to insure maximum impact on the large crowd seated inside the huge tent. He was impressive with his tall slender frame of six foot six inches, draped in a long flowing black silk robe as he took drawn-out, accentuated strides across the wooden platform toward the pulpit.

"I WALK WITH JESUS!" He bellowed out in his deep resounding voice now made even more imposing than normal as it boomed out from the several six foot tall strategically arranged speakers throughout the tent.

"YES! I WALK WITH JESUS!" The speakers rang out once again, then just as his last stride carried him to the pulpit he cried out. "AND I ABRADE WITH JESUS!" then he performed a well rehearsed movement and dropped down behind the lectern, seeming to vanish just before all lighting was extinguished once again. It remained dark for only a second, but in that second of blackness Earnest Bishop stood up and stretched his arms out wide. A single white spotlight blazed upward and focused across his still body flooding him from behind at a forty-five degree angle thereby casting a sixty-foot high shadow across the tent's far wall and ceiling in the form of a cross. Inspirational music roared from the speakers for several seconds then slowly faded into the background.

"AND I STAND IN THE LIGHT OF OUR LORD!" Bishop's voice boomed while his body remained frozen in time. "COME! COME STAND WITH ME IN THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE LORD!" His arm's moved with a gestured conveying he wished the entire parish to rise up onto their feet, and they stood, and cheered out in joy as white light after white light turned on flooding the tent with illumination and the inspirational music blasted out once again, yet even its volume was unable to drown out the roar and clamor of good will and gladness vocalize by the throng of parishioners.

"Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ..." Bishop yelled over the crowd and music. "The joy of our being together in the presence of our loving savior brings us peace and blessedness. Sit ... Sit now ... stand not in the light of the lord lest ye be he who is cleansed of all forsakenness. Sit please." His hand gestures bided them to be seated, and they did, and the crowd noise dwindled down to nothingness as did the music.

"I urge you." Bishop waved his arm across the gathering. "Do not take this matter of salvation lightly, there is too much at stake for your soul. I invite you to pause and reflect on the wrath of our Lord God's sword of light upon the wicked!"

"For thus saith the Lord God," Bishop yelled out. "The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth."

"Come now, and let us reason together ... saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land, but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." He paused momentarily looking out over the flock's faces.

He took on a much more subdued tone of voice when he continued. "Only through unselfish giving and loving are we able to tether the sword of light. Material things are but the blink of an eye upon the calendar of eternity. Competition is ingrained into our society and has taught us winners are the ones with the most material things ... I say to you NO! Tis not so. This competition has only drawn us apart. Think how little we cooperate with each other and how competitiveness is creating more losers than winners. Only through the unselfish sharing of your soul ... your goods ... your body ... can there be room for God!"

"Amen!" A voice rang out. "Amen!" Called another, and another, until cries of "Amen!" could be heard throughout the crowd.

Bishop waited until the company quieted down before continuing. "Allow me, if you will to recount a story of brother Michael Hyde. Brother Michael's work of preaching the gospel had inspired him to travel to France and render the Lord's work at a L'Arche community in Paris. One of his tasks at the L'Arche was to train a developmentally disabled young man named Claude for the 100 meter sprint in an upcoming Special Olympics. Claude was a strong runner, but never ran in a straight line. One day, brother Michael became exasperated with Claude and told him clearly that if he did not run in a straight line his friend John would win the gold medal. In response, Claude replied with great delight 'Wouldn't it be wonderful if John won the gold metal?'" He paused. "Now doesn't Claude's words take us by surprise? They are so non-competitive, so naive, and so unrealistic and yet so beautiful. In fact, they are in tune with Jesus' words in today's gospel about God hiding things from the wise and revealing them to little ones. Claude's ingenuous and generous response sets us up to listen more carefully to all that Jesus says to us today."

Another chorus of "Amen!" filled the tent.

Bishop held up his hands for silence. "Most of us would rather not be thought of as naive and unrealistic. But being a follower of Jesus exposes us to that very criticism. To stand in the Lords light is to experience being dismissed and written off as unreal or naive. You will be reminded of the real world not functioning this way anytime you discuss topics such as Jesus' sayings about the poor, or his words to the rich young man or Jesus' advice about giving away one's cloak. Anyone who follows Jesus and takes his words seriously has the same experience. It takes faith and courage to hold the line, especially when it means being written off, or laughed at. Following Jesus can often seem 'difficult' and 'heavy' ... but now let's go back to our story of Claude ... On the day of the Special Olympics, Claude, as expected ran off the track and failed to cross the 100 meter finish line. Needless to say he did not metal. However, later in the day, quite unscheduled Claude wandered over to the shot put area. He took a throw and unexpectedly ended up winning the gold metal for shot put. Immediately, with delight, Claude rushed to give the metal to his friend John. Claude was in no way pretentious about being first or best. He showed only a marvelous delight in being able to give a gift to a friend. His behavior was a heart warming mix of spontaneity, humility and joy."

After several seconds of silence Bishop sprang to the edge of the stage and pointed at several individuals throughout the crowd. "YOU! and YOU! and YOU! Divest yourself of Satan's robes. Like Claude, you too can offer a gift to a friend. This ministry is unable to extend the Lord's gospel to our friends throughout the world without your help. Remember Jesus' words that it is not a kingdom of triumph and gold, but one where the King rides a donkey. It's not a kingdom of winners and losers, but a kingdom of peace and giving. Where the joy is meant for all. When the basket arrives give of your heart ... without giving, we are lost. The word of this ministry must reach the forlorn ... must reach the lost ... You ... only you have the power of love and faith to cause a change."

Ushers moved among the gathering distributing wicker offering baskets at the end of each aisle. The baskets were passed from person to person, each in turn placed some money into it, then were collected by an usher at the opposite end of the pew.

As the baskets moved through the crowd Bishop said. "If we know and believe in God's love, it's not because we are wiser or more intelligent than others. It's because of God's pure gift, the faith we've received and by our giving. Jesus makes clear that he, the Son, has been entrusted by the Father with revealing to us the mysteries of God's love. And when we find God's words burdensome, then he, Jesus, can make our burden light. We need to treasure the Lord's invitation. 'Come to me, all you who are weary'. If we are burdened down, he promises to give us rest."

Dramatically, Bishop said. "Let's renew our response to Jesus' invitation to learn for him in prayer." The conjugation's head's bowed in silent prayer, then after several seconds Bishop said. "Lord, lead me to those you would have me mentor. In Jesus' name. Amen.", and the singers took up the hymn. "Lead me to Jesus."

During the hymn Bishop looked out on the assemblage. Among Bishop's numerous uniquely notable abilities was the ability to instantly identify anyone new to one of his sermons, even though the tent legally accommodated three hundred people at a time, and his ability to detect if a man or woman already belonged to his dark master.

Without delay, he located three people who had never attended before, two men and one woman. The two men, one short and thin the other, larger and heavier than the first stood in the back next to the ever present representation of the local sheriff and fire departments. Local law enforcement had viewed his ministry with suspicion and to this day remained ever vigilant for any excuse to run him out of town. So far, they had been unsuccessful in finding any impropriety with the religious order, including any fraud on his part associated with faith healings and Bishop knew even they, the most skeptical, were beginning to believe. The woman was young, attractive, and very smartly dressed. She sat at the end of pew twenty row's back from the stage, and he had taken notice that when she was presented an offering basket she had given a great deal of money. His un-consecrated power told him the two men standing in the back had already given their souls to the master. The young woman, on the other hand, was currently indefinite, and was certainly suitable for collection in the future, especially being as attractive as she was, but that same power told him she could be dangerous. She was a sensitive, and they could be trouble.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.