Luvirini's Journey
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2011 by Luvirini

I promised to tell about the academy, so here are my impressions and events as I entered it the first time.


As we walk towards the academy, I note a small stone marker with some text on the roadside and I read it as we pass. It states "Border between the Rakatan Empire and the Adventurer guild academy", and I stop in confusion. Ameiliee notices my confusion and comments "The Adventurer Guild is an international organisation that had their academy here before this area joined the Central Kingdom. Thus when the area joined the kingdom it was decided that the academy would continue to be outside, as to not cause problems." She then tells me the story of the founding of the guild and the academy. (See: Ameiliee's Stories:The Founding of the Adventurer Guild.)

As we arrive at the open gate, the guard asks why we are there. Ameiliee tells him that I am here for the class starting next week and that she knows the way. He nods and lets us pass.

The walled in area is quite large with the huge central building and several other large buildings.

We head for the central building and once up there, we walk up to third floor, with me following Ameiliee and looking at all the paintings and statues lining the walls.

There we enter a huge corner office, where Ameiliee just opens the door and enters without knocking. She says "Jax you rascal, they still keep you caged here I see"

I see the grey bearded dwarf sitting in the magnificant room look up in annoyance at the interruption, until he sees Ameiliee. At that point his frown turns to a wide smile and he gets up, walks to us and they hug warmly. He happily says "Ami, allways nice to see you" and then continues in a more serious tone "Yes, duty is a cage of sorts as allways, even if it is a self-imposed cage really."

Then Ameiliee introduces us "Jaxel Ironheart sixth of Goldberg clan, a thief extraordinary and now the leader of this academy. He also adventured with your father and me", she then gestures to me and says "Luvirini Dameira, oldest son of Allan Dameira, he is here to start classes next week"

Jaxel grumbles good naturely with a twinkle in his eyes "I wish you stopped calling us thieves, you know the guild calls us Rogues."

Ameiliee just grins for a while and Jaxel just shakes his head.

Ameilie then continues "He is the one I spoke of, he is a direct descendant of Sammak"

Jax nods

I probably look as confused as I feel

Ameiliee tells me "Sammak Dameira was the greasest rebel leader in history. He finally brought down our empire and led humans and other races to freedom from the slavery"

Jax nods to Ameiliee and says "He has your bloodline too" and I probably look even more confused.

Ameiliee nods and tells me that she will explain more later.

After that they spend about two hours talking about common acquaintances and friends. I am bored during most of it and look out through the window.

I see a lot of activity outside, people carrying things, people coming and going, wagonloads of deliveries of different things being unloaded.

Again the sheer diversity of races present strikes me when I see a centaur arrive. I have never before seen a live one, as very few non-humans ever came to our home village.

As Jaxel and Ameiliee end their discussion, Ameiliee takes me downstairs to a big room with the sign "Admission office"

The place is buzzing with activity, there are about fifteen workers sitting behind desks with large signs saying "Last names beginning with letters" and the letters. In front of them are lines of varying lengths. Most of the people in lines seem to be youngsters and parents escorting them. Again there are a huge number of races present, though it seems that maybe two thirds are human.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.