A Twilight Knockoff
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2011 by Silverwolf691

Excitement held as the week progressed. I was eager to see his family again, eager to see them all behave naturally. It was eerie to see them so muted at school after witnessing their natural behavior and it made me sad to think that nobody else could appreciate it.

Connor and I still sat by ourselves at lunch and, though I wouldn't have minded the rest of them, I figured it was best; they relaxed around me and I didn't want them to slip up and act natural with so many witnesses.

The week flew by in a haze I couldn't really recall, other than the fact that the weather was unusually calm, cloudy, but calm. Friday finally arrived and I was practically bouncing all day.

Connor found me very amusing, as always, as my mood remained light, often teasing me about my high spirits, but I couldn't help it. I liked his family (well, the majority of it) and it was thrilling to see them as they should be.

Saturday dawned overcast and pouring, though not incredibly cold. It made me depressed to think that I wouldn't get to visit his family after all. I got up and ate breakfast anyway; Aunt Claire had left earlier to get a head start on some sale, so I had the house to myself.

A knock sounded and I rushed to get it, knowing it was Connor. But it wasn't. It was DJ and his Uncle, John Old.

"Good morning," I said, trying to figure out why they would be here.

"Morning, Tricia," John said, his face sober, "did we disturb you?" He seemed almost hopeful.

"Just having breakfast, come on in," I opened the door all the way and waved them in. "Claire's gone for the day," I told them as they walked past the living room and into the kitchen.

"We stopped by to drop off some things she left with my wife. Daniel, would you go get the box out of the truck?" John's gaze traveled over every inch of the kitchen and it made me nervous.

"Sure. Be right back," DJ said and walked back outside.

"I hear you're dating one of the Hawkins boys," his voice was questioning but his eyes were hard.

"Yes," I said shortly.

"Are you sure that's wise?"

"I think that's my decision," I told him. "Why does it matter to you?" I asked crossly, suspicious.

"I'm concerned for your safety," he continued, leaning against the sink. "They aren't -" he paused, "-normal. It might cause you and Claire grief if your relationship continues."

"I do appreciate your concern, though I'm fairly sure its unfounded. Nothing has occurred to cause suspicion, now has there?" Obviously he knew something, or at least suspected something; in either case, he needed to butt out.

"No," his expression showed surprise, like he hadn't expected me to know anything about Connor and his family. "I guess my original guess was wrong. Does Claire know?"

"About you or them?" His face became like stone, his eyes revealing nothing. He had to have guessed that, if I knew about one, I'd know about the other, and only those two sides are supposed to know. "That's my choice, too, isn't it?" I cocked my head frowning. I didn't like this. "My secrets?"

"That it is," he said as DJ came stomping back in, a large box in his arms.

"Just set it in here," I called and directed him to a corner.

"I guess that's that," John said. "Be careful, Tricia," his voice was filled with both concern and warning. I nodded gravely.

"See you around, Trish," DJ smiled and shut the door. I listened to their truck as it thrummed down the street, waited until I could no longer hear it before relaxing.

"That was unexpected," Connor said as I passed the stairs on the was back to the kitchen and I jumped.

"Don't do that!" I told him, my hand on my throat trying to push my heart back down and he smiled wide, his eyes a light, golden brown. "Sure, go ahead and laugh as I have a heart attack; you'll not think its funny when I'm in the hospital!" I tried to stomp away, but his arms were suddenly around my waist, his head on my shoulder and I shuddered with pleasure.

"I'm sorry, Tricia," he whispered into my hair and I shivered, leaning into him. "Will you forgive me?" He kissed his way down my jaw to my neck.

"That's not fair," I whispered, my eyes closed.

"Do you forgive me?" he asked again as he moved to the other side of my face and neck.

"Maybe," I told him breathlessly, my arms rising above my head to tangle in his hair. His arms released me to caress my stomach and hips, his cool touch exciting. "Yes, I forgive you."

"Good." He turned me around to face him, placing his cool hands on my face. His lips touched mine and my blood raced. I couldn't help leaning into him hungrily, my hands fisting his shirt. I licked his lips, tasting mint and sweetness and he gasped. He held me still as he pulled away, my eyes flashing open to witness his struggle.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, reining in the urge to lean forward and kiss him again.

"Its okay, I've got it," he said after a moment. He exhaled slowly, then drew in a deep breath that ended in a low groan. "You smell so delicious, I can't help myself." His eyes were suddenly serious. "I'm always a danger to you, Tricia, don't you see?'

"I see the one I love," I told him, releasing his shirt, "and that's all that matters to me." His crooked smile barely touched his sad eyes and he folded me into his embrace, laying my head on his muscular chest.

"I love you, too," he said quietly, stroking my hair. We stood this way for a moment before he spoke again. "So, are you ready?"

"For what?" I asked absently, my hand trailing up and down his spine.

"The game? The one you've been so excited about all week?" There was a smile in his voice, stating quite clearly that he thought me amusing.

"But its raining," I pointed out the obvious, stepping back so I could think straight.

"Exactly." His smile was anticipatory. "So, are you going in your pajamas?" He gestured to my clothes. Connor laughed at my expression, grabbed my hand and escorted me to my room. He inhaled deeply, just like the first time and sighed with pleasure.

"Smell something you like?" I asked innocently, then squeaked when he was suddenly around me again.

"Always." His voice rumbled through his chest, vibrating down my spine and making my legs weak. "Careful," he said, setting us on my bed with a chuckle. "We are getting nowhere like this, you realize?"

"Its your fault," I told him and he laughed again; I loved his laugh. He let me up and I went to my closet, pulling out clothes. I kicked him out so I could change, running the brush through my hair and pulling it back. When I was satisfied, I opened the door.

And there he was, my perfect archangel, leaning against the wall, arms and ankles crossed, his physic clearly visible through the thin fabric of his shirt, his skin like pale cinnamon today, his hair slightly ruffled on top from earlier and his eyes like molten chocolate. He was dangerous, I could tell from the way he stood and I could almost imagine the hilt of a sword above his shoulder. He was gorgeous and irresistible as he prowled to me, his expression questioning.

"You're so surreal," I told him, reaching up to stroke his cheeks with the back of my hand. He leaned into the caress, his gaze trapping mine. My heart pounded away as we looked into each others eyes and I watched his eyes lighten to a glowing amber.

"You are mine," he whispered, kissing me softly despite his possessive phrase, his hands gently restraining me as his lips devoured me.

"Are you mine, too?" I asked as he withdrew, ours lips mere fractions of an inch apart. His eyes glinted with pleasure and wonder as he closed the distance between us for another impassioned kiss.

"Of course," his breath tickled my face as he released my lips once again. "But we will never get out of here at this rate." He stepped back, releasing me completely and it was all I could do not to launch myself at him. His eyes glinted mischievously, like he knew what I was thinking. He smiled his crooked smile and walked backwards down the stairs.

"Showoff," I muttered as I watched him. I pulled on my shoes, threw on my raincoat and, grabbing the bag of snacks, followed Connor outside.

"What is that?" I asked, staring at the monstrosity sitting behind my jeep.

"That is the family toy," he headed out into the downpour, forcing me to follow. "Its what we drive when we go hunting." He opened the door and lifted me up four feet to climb in. It looked like a standard off-road, adventure jeep, except for the massive tires and push-bars, not to mention the row of lights atop the roof.

He sped out of town once he'd securely fastened me in, driving north into the face of the storm. I didn't know how he saw through the gloom and water, much less how he found the tiny dirt path off to the side, but after ten minutes of bouncing painfully along, we stopped.

"Please tell me we're there," I said, my eyes closed and hands stiff from the strangle-hold I had on the door. It's not that I got motion sick, at least not usually, but I was used to traveling on pavement, not over what felt like boulders.

"Almost," he chuckled, unfastening the safety harness that I just knew was installed for me; why would vampires even bother? "We have to hoof it from here." He was outside and over at my door before I could even digest what he'd said.

"How far is it?" I asked.

"About three miles or so," he was very nonchalant as he stretched his arms out to me. "Don't worry, I'll carry you."

"It's a good thing I hadn't brought a basket," I said as he hoisted me down, setting me on my feet gently so I wouldn't sink in the slightly soggy ground. I couldn't quite mask my pleasure as I slowly slid down his body. I stretched a little, trying to work the slight stiffness I developed on the way here out of my muscles as Connor retrieved my snacks.

"Ready?" he asked and I secured my food in front of me as he slung me onto his back and took off.

Once again, my limbs tightened securely around his body and, if he'd been human, I'm fairly sure he'd have suffocated, maybe even sustained a few cracked ribs. There wasn't really any way to tell that we were moving except for the feel of his muscles and the wind whipping my hair along behind us. For all I could tell, we were strolling down a sidewalk.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.