Initium Novum - Cover

Initium Novum

Copyright© 2011 by Guillermo42

Chapter 11

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Robert Callahan lost his parents, and now is 28 yo. Aliens want to experiment and offer Robert the ability to time travel, and have some mind control influence. However, he can not travel more than five years into the future, but he can travel as far back into the past as he wants, yet can not make history altering changes. The aliens look ten years into the future and see humans are extinct. The alien decide Robert will lead family and friends to rebuild humanity.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Mind Control   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Post Apocalypse   Humor   Polygamy/Polyamory   Pregnancy  

When the crew returned and explained the warping problem they had with the last module, they showed the pictures of the gap to Annabelle and Martha, who started trying to figure out what happened. When the construction of those modules was completed they were mated and had fit perfectly. The next four modules that were to be placed were mated and there were no gaps. They checked the mating sides that would connect with those already on station and found no warping. The four modules that were to be placed next, two were to connect on the end of the assembly already in orbit. The second crew lifted off and followed much the same process as the first crew. The four new modules connected to the assembled modules with no problems. It took twenty-four days to assemble the first section of the Orbital Facility. There would be three sections when completed, consisting of thirty three modules. The ten modules that formed each section left an eighteen metre square space in the centre, and when the last two sets of modules were delivered there would be two for each end. On one end would be a power and propulsion module consisting of two units, but would be only seventy-five meters long. On the other end would be the command module consisting of two seventy-five metre long modules. These modules would be slightly different, as each module would be just over eighteen metres square and would be fully equipped. The power and propulsion modules would be much heaver than the previous modules, while the command modules would be lighter.

The base of the Orbital Facility was all in place, and the crews had become very proficient at placing and connecting the modules to form a huge four hundred fifty metre long by thirty-six metre square structure. Mike's crew was to deliver the final four modules to complete phase one of the Orbital Facility. Because these modules were of a different size and the connecting latches had a slightly different design, the crew was concerned. As they reached the station they had their rest period and then began work. The new procedure was to place the two modules close to the orbiting structure, but to mate the two haves together before connecting them to the main structure. Janelle placed the two halves of the command module about ten meters from the main structure. The modules were placed as close together as Janelle could get them, and the band was positioned around the modules. Two members of the construction crew went to guide the two halves together as the guide pins did not want to match. With a lot of effort they finally had the modules in position and Janelle tightened the band bringing them together. There were thirty-five clips that needed to be installed and the safety pins driven home. When this was completed, two other members of the construction crew replaced the two that had put the modules together.

While the modules were being mated, Dominika had reeled the propulsion module in, closing the seventy-five metre gap left when the command modules were placed. When all was ready, Janelle asked Dominika if she would place the carrier directly over the fore end of the main structure. Dominika manoeuvred the carrier to the position Janelle wanted. With the band in position, the module was moved to the guide pins and slid as close to the main structure as possible. There was still an eight centimetre gap between the modules as anticipated, and four special clamps had been designed for this purpose. When the clamps were in place Janelle activated the clamp motors which pulled the two modules together. When the modules were mated, twenty-four clips and safety pins were installed. The Orbital Facility was now complete on one end. When the construction crew returned to the carrier they were jubilant that everything had gone so well. The first construction team had completed their meal, while the second team had mated the command module to the main structure and were ready for the sleep period.

After the meal, the construction crew went to bed for the sleep period. Mike, Dominika and Janelle were in the cockpit while they moved the carrier to the aft end of the main structure. They discussed the next work period, and Janelle said that additional care would have to be taken with the power and propulsion modules, as there were electrical connections that needed to match perfectly for the power from the solar panels and the power distribution to the remainder of the Orbital Facility to operate properly. The next day all four of the construction crew would be out of the ship at once, and they needed the carrier as stationary as possible. Mike suggested that they actually sit the carrier on the main structure, and that would be as stable as it was going to get without being on dry land. Janelle thought that would be very good. Once the guide pins were aligned, there was still a couple of millimetres of play that would align or misalign those connections. They were concerned that those contacts would not be centred. The power buses that ran through the entire Orbital Facility had to make good contact at the source, and all connections had to be tight. What the group did not know was that those connections were on two panels that could be adjusted, and even replaced if necessary.

Ground Control played reveille to wake everyone up and start their day. Mike threw his pillow at the speakers, then keyed the communications system telling ground control this was no military outfit. Everyone on board laughed and told Mike he may not officially be in the military, but he might just as well be. The group had their personal time and breakfast and got ready for the day.

Janelle had the pilots separate the command module and the propulsion module of the carrier, giving her access to the final module for phase one Orbital Facility. The two haves of the module were positioned and the four construction crew left the carrier and attached the clips, and the module became one. Janelle then manoeuvred the power and propulsion module to the main structure, the four construction crew guiding the module onto the guide pins. Janelle asked if they needed the carrier moved to help position the module. The lead said that so far all looked good, and they should continue. The module was then moved close enough that the special clips could be attached. The construction crew had Janelle slowly pull the sections together. They stopped when the modules were less than a centimetre apart. Using an optical fibre camera they inspected the position of the contact panels. The panel guide pins were engaged, and it appeared that every thing was perfectly aligned. They closed the gap and secured the final clips and safety pins. The outer surface of the Orbital Facility was not smooth and aerodynamic like the carrier, but it was never intended to manoeuvre on an atmosphere, only the vacuum of space. The only movement ever scheduled was altitude correction and maybe attitude in relation to the sun. The Orbital Facility was now a complete structure and ready for the interior crew to take over.

Ground control asked the carrier to back off twenty kilometres and observe as the electrical power was turned on. As the crew watched, the external lights on the Orbital Facility came on and it was now somewhat alive. Mike and his crew turned and headed for home, feeling the mission was a total success. Many pictures were taken before they departed, and the sight was a first for Earth's humans.

The Orbital Facility was monitored for two weeks before the next crew was dispatched to activate the life support systems and bring the Orbital Facility to full power. The power generated from the solar panels was more than adequate to meet the current requirements of the Orbital Facility, however the cold fusion generator would provide additional power as needed during the construction phase of the new spaceships.


Annabelle and Martha were looking for a name for the Orbital Facility, and had their staff suggest names. Meanwhile the kids from elementary thru high school sent a letter signed by every student to the advisory council, that the Orbital Facility should be named the Robert Callahan Orbital Facility. The advisory council secretary, who happened to be Amy O'Connor, invited the council to her home and asked that Robert not be informed as the matter concerned him. When everyone was gathered, Amy projected the letter on a screen for everyone to read. When everyone had read the message Amy scrolled through the signatures. She had contacted the school and found there were four hundred twenty-two students enrolled and there were four hundred twenty-two signatures on the letter. Alice, a member of the advisory council and a part of the research team, said that Annabelle and Martha should be invited to this meeting as they were involved in finding a name for the Orbital Facility. Amy called Annabelle and Martha asking them to join the advisory council at her home. When the two women read the letter and saw all the signatures, they recommended that the advisory council follow the request of the children. Also, the original letter, with all signatures, be encased so it could be mounted in a place of prominence on the Orbital Facility. The council agreed and charged Amy, Annabelle and Martha to make it happen. It was also decided that a ceremony would be held to commission the Robert Callahan Orbital Facility similar to those for commissioning ships.

A few months later a replica of the letter and the enclosure that held it was set up at the stadium, and all citizens were invited as the advisory council had declared this as a holiday. There was a huge picnic supplied by the research centre with BBQ beef, chicken and pork donated by the farming community. After everyone was well fed and relaxed, Annabelle and Amy stepped on to the platform asking for everyone's attention.

Annabelle started, "Today is a day of major importance as the Orbital Facility, that every person here had a hand in one way or another, is now complete. Beginning tomorrow, a rotating staff will man the Orbital Facility on a seven day a week basis, in the future there may even be families that will live full time at the Orbital Facility. However, because our community is not huge, we have decided to have a rotating staff. There will be a gold crew commander and a silver crew commander, and each crew will be at the Orbital Facility with their families for a sixty day period and then rotate back to Campinas. With that, I would like Amy O'Connor and Lisa Osborn to come for the commissioning ceremony."

Amy and Lisa stood at the microphone, as an Air Force Colour Guard brought a covered easel and stood near Amy and Lisa. Amy began "A few months ago I received a letter from our school kids from grade one thru twelve, with a request. I sent a letter to the school thanking them for their interest in the Orbital Facility project. What no one knew was that the advisory council met and forgot to invite our Monarch. The letter was signed by four hundred twenty-two students, and I would like to read the letter.

'We the students of the Novum Initium Elementary, Junior High and High Schools would request that the Orbital Facility be named for the most important and loved individual in Novum Initium. This individual had enough courage and foresight to bring a group of people together and create a community founded on respect and peace. We would request the Orbital Facility to be named the Robert R. Callahan Orbital Facility'.

As I said earlier, the advisory council met without our Monarch, Robert R. Callahan, and voted unanimously to comply with this request. The original letter, with all four hundred twenty-two signatures, has been sealed in a case that will be placed in a place of prominence on the Robert R. Callahan Orbital Facility. Now Lisa, please commission the Orbital Facility".

Lisa took over the podium, asking Robert to join her. When Robert and his wives joined her she read "In accordance with this authority, I hereby place the Novum Initium Robert R Callahan Orbital Facility in commission." With that the cover was removed from the case that held the copy of the letter. The copy was so perfect, unless you looked at the back you could not tell it was a copy. Lisa handed Robert a pen so he could sign the order to commission the Orbital Facility, which he did. A cheer from the assembly was deafening, as school kids were jumping up and down.

Robert turned to the microphone and addressed the group, "This honour is more than I deserve. Some twenty years ago on an island, we learned that a terrorist group would release a deadly germ that would wipe out humanity. Sarah and I approached the authorities with the information we had and were rebuffed. The Admiral who headed the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the US military did listen to us, but was also rebuffed by the then President of the United States. Admiral Tom Fitzgerald retired and joined our merry band. The people from the communities of the South Pole region joined us, as it was too cold there for the germ to survive. Two years after the release of the germ, we scoured the world to find any survivors and asked them to join us. Most all did. Since then, this community has made great scientific gains and the Orbital Facility is the result of much of that research. Why you would bestow this honour on one who made so many errors to bring us to this point is gratefully accepted. To the students who wrote this letter, you now know you have been heard and your request honoured. In the future, do not hesitate to speak up, as your idea may move humanity far head. Thank you and God Bless."

Again the cheering was deafening and long. The Novum Initium National Anthem was played and the people sang with pride in their hearts. People were remembering with pride that they were a part of a community that had peace and respect as a central theme for every individual there. The community and the commitment was strong, regardless of occupation. People were enjoying life without the pressures of struggling to get ahead. Life was good.


Annabelle and the researchers decided to spend a few days at the Orbital Facility to complete the design of the spacecraft hanger decks ... Hanger decks were similar to a sea ship's dry docks as that was where ships were built or repaired. To build space ships you needed hanger decks and maintenance areas to build them. Since most people were used to sea going ships they were going to call the areas for spaceship building, dry docks, to make life easier. When the team arrived at the Orbital Facility they were greeted at the entry with a view of the letter written by the school kids, and remembered the ceremony just a few days ago and the pride they felt at that event.

As the team explored the vastness of the Orbital Facility, they realized there would be areas that would not be used for years to come. When they entered the warehouse area they were amazed at the size, and a few thought it might not be big enough when they got into the heavy construction of building their spacecraft. The team finally got down to the task of completing the dry dock design.

Everyone knew that the dry dock needed to be close to the warehouse area, yet not block the hatches that would open to receive cargo. The warehouse occupied an area that stretched from the power/propulsion module forward to the middle of the Orbital Facility, and took three quarters of the volume of that length. The remainder was for facilities such as machine shops and sheet metal forming areas. For now there was a rotating staff on board to maintain the facility and provide services for people working on projects. Annabelle's design team decided that the dry dock access would be located on the same side as the warehouse and about forty metres away. The Orbital Facility would be rotated until the sides with no hatches or extrusions faced the sun. This would allow two sides to face the sun at all times. The solar cells would produce approximately eleven megawatts per month. There was a secondary generator that operated on a cold fusion system that could produce an additional one hundred megawatts as required.

After a week's work, by the design team, on the Orbital Facility, the first construction crew and a carrier fully loaded with material arrived. Then there was additional construction equipment. The first thing was to attach large mounting brackets to the hull of the space station without burning through the skin. It was decided to use the friction-stir welding process developed for NASA. The development test had proven that the friction-stir welded joints were actually stronger than conventional arc welded joints, and there was no issue with rupturing the hull's outer skin. The bracket plates were very large, to distribute the stress on the hull. There were four plates three metres square that would be required to be secured to the outer hull. The edges were designed to overlay the under structure that was beneath the outer skin. Once the plates were welded in place, anchoring bolts would be installed through the under structure. Since this operation would open the interior of the Orbital Facility it was decided that all the personnel aboard would be moved to the carrier until the process was completed. The construction team foreman suggested that the staff and any non essential personnel take a long weekend in Campinas, that way they would not be cramped in the carrier for hours on end.

As the carrier departed there were fourteen people remaining aboard the Orbital Facility. The areas where the bolts were to be installed were in the area between the finished walls or ceiling and the outer hull. They removed the interior walls and saw that the designers had made the I-beams with a conservative design. The system worked well with twelve bolts per side, it took half a day per plate. After the first plate was complete the crew came in for lunch to discuss the process and any way to improve it. There were five men on each team, two to operate the laser drill, one to tighten the bolts and a safety person on the exterior. The fifth man was on the inside inserting the bolts into the holes with a sealant to insure no leakage. Everyone on board was in their suits in case of a hull breach, and that seemed to be the biggest slow down of all. One of the guys said with all the brain power in the research centre someone should be able to design a spacesuit that was flexible and a lot less bulky. After lunch two crews went to work on the second and fourth plates. The four plates had all the bolt installation work completed by midday the next day and the clean up was started. An epoxy had been developed that would harden and had the same characteristics as the nuts they were covering. After everything had been sealed they ran the pressure test and found no leaks, so word was sent to ground control that the staff could return to the Orbital Facility.


Sarah and Maddy were looking for Robert to let him know that he was not paying enough attention to his wives. There had not been any new babies born into the family in over two years, and he needed to get with the program. Besides, they all required his loving. Robert was not in the house, at his office, nor at the research centre. Sarah shouted at him telepathically and got no reply. Maddy began asking those that had the telepathic abilities when they had last seen Robert and where. The real concern was that no one could see, hear or feel him.

Jan said he mentioned he should meet with the deity that had been their psionic teacher all those years ago. The group said they thought he had ceased to exist, as he said he was tired then. Selma asked if she knew where Robert was and said that she had been trying to find him for several hours. Robert's wives were in his home office then, and collectively melded their minds to see if they could trace him. There was nothing. Finally Sarah said that he was off planet and would return when he was ready or was allowed.

Robert had been summed by Asclepius for a meeting of the gods, as Robert was to be elevated to the position that had been vacated by Zeus. There had been no one worthy of the position of Father of the Gods since Zeus' death. When Asclepius told Robert what was going on, Robert said that he was not worthy or capable of such a decision. Robert was told that the decision was out of his hands, that the Gods would make that decision. Robert said that he would not separate himself from the people that he had been with for the last many years. Asclepius said as the Father of the Gods he could do as he wanted, but must be available when required. Robert asked what would happen if he refused to take up the mantle they wished him to accept. Asclepius was amazed that Robert would even consider refusing to accept the position, as it was the most prestigious in all of the universe and all alternate universes. Robert said that he did not even like the position of Monarch, and knew he would not like the position of Father of the Gods.

Asclepius took Robert into a chamber that was extremely ornate with twelve thrones that Robert had seen only in pictures of Greek mythology. There were twelve thrones on which sat ten of the major gods of Greece. Asclepius took the throne that Zeus had sat in before his departure. The throne next to his was empty and had belonged to Hera, and both needed to be filled.

Asclepius told the gods that Robert was not willing to assume the mantle of power and refused to consider it. Athena said that Robert was truly the god that should assume Zeus' mantle of power, as he was humble and yet strong. Robert's first concern was family and loyal subjects, and he wanted to allow them to make their own way and guide them only when necessary. The true mark of a god was the same as a parent, to allow their children to grow and make their own life good and bad. "Robert, you are a descendant of Zeus and Hera and the true heir to this throne."

Robert said that he maybe the heir of Zeus, but the mantle they were asking him to assume was something he had no training for, nor had he been raised in the house of Zeus to even be exposed to the responsibilities. How could they expect him to have the knowledge or the maturity to rule the universe. The gods have had thousands of years to learn and perfect their skills in the area they controlled. They wanted him to assume the responsibility for the universe and the acts of all of them. Looking at them seriously, he told them they were out of their minds. If they wanted a Callahan in this position they should look to Roger Callahan, as he had all of those qualities and his mother was the perfect replacement for Hera.

Asclepius said they had been considered, but they were not accepted and the reasons were not relevant to this discussion. Asclepius reminded Robert that he had told him that he was tired and wanted to cease to exist. "Of the others here many were in the same situations, and they wanted a leader that could guide them through the process of finding their replacements. Contrary to popular belief, nothing exists forever even a god." Robert would be given knowledge that was beyond imagination, and wisdom unmatched anywhere in the universe. Because of Robert's upbringing and his compassion for others he was perfect for this position.

Athena said he needed to decided which of his wives he would chose to sit on the throne of Hera. Robert said that only his wives could make that decision, and they all must have complete understanding of what they are letting themselves in for. Robert said that he needed to return to Campinas, as he was tired and they needed to understand that he had not acquiesced to their demands yet, and no decisions would be made for several Earth days or longer. Robert walked from the chamber and into his office. As he sat at his desk Amy walked in asking if he was ready to head for home, as he looked worn out.

Robert sat at dinner and his family knew that something was bothering him. Sarah asked Robert if there was a problem, to which he replied yes and said no more. Everyone at the table knew that the subject was closed until Robert opened the subject. After dinner, Robert softly said that he needed to meet with his wives after the kids were in bed. Two hours later as Robert was in his den, he was torn and Robert sent a message to Roger and Clem. The two men and their wives came into his den and sat down. Robert asked them when they were approached by Ascelepius and why were they not accepted. Roger was surprised at the question, as he knew that Robert could have only got the information from the gods themselves. Roger said that one of the requirements was the ability to view the universe as one, none of the four of them had that ability. Because of the history between the gods and Earth, the current gods wanted Zeus and Hera's replacement to be from Earth. The gods had the ability to transfer the knowledge to Robert at a rate that he could adsorb the knowledge and not become insane.

Robert's wives joined them and had a puzzled look on their faces. Sarah asked why they had shielded their conversation from them. If this was a family matter everyone should know what is going on. Robert told them he had spent the day with Asclepius, and they would spend a few days with him starting the next day. They needed to get someone to watch the small kids while they were away. Maddy said she did not care how many days they needed to spend with Asclepius, she wanted to be home every evening by four PM and that was final. The remainder of Robert's wives agreed with Maddy. Robert said that was fine with him as long as they would support him in any decision he felt was the best course for the family. The thirteen women that called Robert their husband looked at him like he had two heads, telling him he was the head of this family and any decision he made they would fully support.

The next morning Robert and his wives were in the den when they seemed to just walk through the door to the pool deck but never arrived on the deck. As they reached Zeus' throne room the gods were all in place. Robert approached Asclepius telling him this was his show and he could explain the full reason they were here.

Asclepius looked at the thirteen women that had been with Robert and began to tell the history of the gods and the extraordinary powers they commanded. He also told them that even though gods are immortal, Zeus had not been seen or heard from in over three thousand years and must be replaced. "The leadership role and the guidance of Hera leaves us in an untenable position. They needed a King and Robert was their selection to fill that position. They had asked Robert to select one of his wives to fill Hera's position, and Robert had said that you would have to select the person to fill that position. I would ask that you retire and return when you have made a decision."

Robert said he had a few questions before they returned to Campinas, the first was where are Zeus' symbols. Asclepius said that Zeus must have taken them with him. The next question was have they tried contacting Zeus and or Hera. The gods in the room shook their heads no. The third question was what caused Zeus and Hera to leave. Athena said that they were all fighting and Zeus and Hera were watching. Suddenly Zeus yelled stop and be quiet. Poseidon asked what right he had to tell them to be quiet, they were gods and why did they have to do what he said. Zeus stood and Hera stood beside him as he said that he was leaving and they were own on their own. With that, he picked up his symbols and Hera took her symbols and they left. Zeus and Hera have not been seen since. Robert asked where Zeus used to go when he wanted to be alone and not be bothered. Athena said there was someplace in Alpha Centauri that he said had a mild temperature and beautiful green meadows. Zeus and Hera went there at least once a year, and were gone for at least two Earth months. Robert thanked them and they left.

Robert used his ability to travel back in time and returned to the day that the gods were fighting and Zeus was standing before them. Robert could see Zeus' blood pressure rise as his face became very red. As Zeus and Hera left the chamber, Robert followed them and heard them talking about planet 389 which was not recorded and was hidden from Earth's view. Robert then returned to Campinas and his wives. Sarah said none of them wanted to be involved with the gods, and none of them would sit on a god's chair. The wives made it clear that they wanted their lives as they were now and that was final.

Robert projected his mind across space to Alpha Centauri, looking for a planet that could not be seen from Earth. There were three possibilities and Robert quickly eliminated one as it was much too close to the star. The other planets were both possibilities. As Robert approached the second planet he circumnavigated it and found no areas that held green areas. The third planet was like the Amazon before the modern age. Robert begin to explore the jungle and finally found a meadow that looked like it had been lived on for centuries. Robert hid in the trees and waited. As time passed, Robert waited and finally Zeus and Hera returned and seemed like a young couple on a date. Finally Robert walked from the trees and called Zeus. The startled Zeus looked at Robert and started for his thunderbolts. Robert told Zeus to stop, as his thunderbolts could not hurt him and it would be such a waste of power. Zeus asked who he was. Robert then told the two of them the plight that the gods he had left behind were in. After such a long period of time they had no leader and were not able to influence the humans on Earth. The gods needed Zeus and Hera to guide them and teach them how be the gods their followers needed. Zeus said that he and Hera had been here a very long time, and maybe it was time for them to return to Olympus. Robert told the two of them to use a strong hand with the other gods and not allow them get into fights, to treat them as kids between ten and twelve years of age when they started fighting. Robert said that the other gods were trying to elevate him to Zeus' position and wanted one of his wives to assume Hera's position, he continued that he and his wives would not assume any of the positions. With that Robert said he and his wives would be in Olympus in four Earth day's times, and he expected to see Zeus and Hera there and that they had resumed their positions.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.