Galopping Dominos - Cover

Galopping Dominos

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Chapter 4

After getting another visa debit card I returned to the Lady Luck. I had two comp tickets for meals there so as soon as I ate I was going to bed. I entered through a side door and found myself directly in front of the entrance to the buffet and was open. I opened my wallet and took out one of the tickets that I had. Walking directly to the front of the line I showed the ticket to the host seating people.

I immediately found myself at a table."What would you like to drink?" The hostess asked.

"A whole carafe of OJ, coffee with cream, oh almost forgot lots of water." I had found out earlier that water had to be order with your meals in Las Vegas. She put a short stack of plates on my table. "Please help yourself to the buffet. Use a clean plate each time you go to the food line please."

I made a pig out of myself. I got prime ribs and all the fixings. Then I went back for seconds.

Later I almost fell asleep in the tub. But finally I dragged myself to bed. Hours later I awoke. Getting out of bed I had to get some clothes out of my bag. One change of pants, some underwear and a polo shirt and I was dressed. The only things I had left that were clean were some socks and one more pair of underwear. It was obvious that I was going to have to go shopping.

I check the flashing red light on my phone. It was a message from the desk that they wish to move me to one of their junior suite. I looked around making sure nothing was lying lose. Load all my dirty clothes into my bag and took it with me as I left the room. At the desk they gave me a new key card took my bag. They would put it in my new room.

I step outside and had the door man get me a cab. The driver knew where to take me. A man's store a couple of hours in there and they would deliver my new suit, dress shirts, extra dress pants. Then a top shoe store where I found some very Wellington half boots plus some good dress shoe they would also be delivered.

My check book, rested in my hip pocket, for my new bank account. I picked up a cell phone also. Mentally I made another check mark.

It was time to add to that account. I returned to my hotel so that I could hit the roulette table there. I found an open seat and began to make money. Now that I had the operation down I did not have to spend all my time concentrating on a little silver ball. After about half an hour I notice the women from the Four Queens last night. This time she did not wait. She followed my bet like a little puppy dog following his owner.

As I had by this time really learn how to block the random thoughts of the people around me. So I slowly lowered my block or shields till I could look into her mind. She had followed me to the Lady luck this morning. She had almost been out of money last night when she began to follow my bets. Money she needed in order to get away from her husband. She was in a lot of pain from his last beating.

"Okay peoples the 7 going to hit this time so pile it on!" I said. Following my own piece of advice that what I did. Since $1000 was the max I betted that on the 7; another $1000 on the top half, the top third and then the middle column and also a $1000 on both Red and odds. This would give me the max payout for one single number.

I watched as she placed a $1000 on top of my bet. The betters on the table were all putt chips any way they could to cover the red 7.

The dealer went through his rigmarole and then rolls the ball. When he placed the glass marker on the red 7 the roar at the table brought people running to see what had happen. In only one day in town I had learn that the roar of a winning table was like honey to flies for people.

As I stacked my chips I told the dealer to color me in. I picked my tray of chips up I lean toward the woman who was gathering up her own chips.

"How about joining me for some dinner?" I asked.

She looked scared for a second the glance around at the crowds. She stood then followed me to the cashier cage. I just added my winning to another visa card. When she started to put her chips to the counter I lean over to her.

"Careful $9,000 only; there is paperwork for more than that."

"Oh, thanks."

I put her hand on my elbow and we walked to the restaurant. After taking care of ordering we just sit there looking at each other. She was mid to late twenty with medium length brunette hair. I had already noticed that she was about 5ft 3 inches tall and weighed real close to 125 pounds. Her clothes were nice but not outrageously expensive.

"How much money do you think you will need?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"You are betting nervous, but you are betting and betting just about everything you can. That was a good sign that you have to have money." I of course knew what she had sat for a goal. It's real difficult to hold a conversation with a person by telling them things that only they should know.

"Most likely you are not going to get it. I don't need money so it pours in for me. So you have hooked your wagon to my luck. I don't really mind; however somebody is going to notice soon."

"Somebody?" she looked around as if she expected her husband to pop up behind her.

"Let me guess, you are here for a divorce. Do you have proof of residence? I mean a hotel receipt or a rent receipt?"

"If you are running then have you used any credit card or debit card since you arrived?" I saw the answer to my questions as I asked them.

"Just how dangerous is he." Now that got my attention. She had seen him shoot a man.

"Only at my bank ATM location I tried to get as much cash as I could. I bought a ticket to Reno. Used my cards again there then bought a bus ticket to here with cash."

"I am staying at a very cheap motel paying weekly and he is very dangerous. He has some men that work for him that are just as dangerous if not more so."

"Well you did pretty well on your own. Did you file and if so how long ago?"

"The very first day I was in town that was like two weeks ago." She said.

Her name was Carla Woodington and while she was no young innocent virgin she was definitely out of her league. She had graduated from college and looking for her first job out of school. Trying to use the business degree she had gotten. Her husband had hired her and six months later they were married. That was like threes ago. The abuse had started about a month later.

The third time it happens she had called the police. When they arrived her husband handed the officers a couple of hundreds and had them hold her while he beat her.

That cured her of attempting to get help. So she spent the last three years finding out everything about her husband business; and why he wanted her. Turns out he had put a lot of property in her maiden name. Since he did that before they got married it made it very hard for the government to track those properties to him. There were meth labs and warehouses for holding smuggled illegal all on properties that she owned legally. So if she attracted too much attention to herself, she would be the person in trouble with the law.

"Well have you ever been put in a government database? I mean DNA, fingerprints, photo or anything like that?"

And of course that answer was yes. Driver License, Social Security, Income Tax return that why I was a real anomaly having nothing till recently. How in the world did I make to 30 with no fingerprints on file? All drivers' license or state identification cards requires at least a thumb print.

"First drop the divorce action. If it go through then you have a paper trial here. Second thing to do is check out of your motel. You will move in with me her at my hotel."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.