Galopping Dominos
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Well those 2 weeks had gone by quickly. But a lot had been done. I got a job busing in a local restaurant. My SS card had finally came in the mail today and my state Id two days ago. I paid for another week today plus had almost two hundred in my pocket.

I knew I needed money. In the short time I could remember I had learned money was the fuel that moved the world. With the skills I had I needed to get to Las Vegas. But I did need some money first.

One of the men in the Salvation Army halfway house had a cousin who had jumped bail. It was a drug charge and the bail had been $50,000. So I was now standing outside A-1 Bail Bonds. I made up my mind and open the door.

Stepping inside I looked around, five desks with only 3 people at them. One person was talking a women sitting next to the desk. I look at their thoughts

The man I needed to see was behind the close door in the next room. I walked to the door and knocked.

"Hey, get away from that door!"

The person speaking had reached into a drawer and was now holding a pistol.

I pointed at the camera in the corner ceiling. "Put up that gun or go to jail. This is Texas, and you have no concealed license to carry. And I know Sheriff Joe."

The door jerked open and a middle age man stood there. He looked me up and down. Turning his head to look behind me he frowned. "Put that gun away. Tonight you take that home with you. If I catch you carrying it anywhere near me without a license I will fire you."

"Now you, what do you want?"

"$50,000 bail jumper do you want him?"

There was a pause and his mind was flipping through memories. "Possession to sale. Jumped 4 weeks ago."

He looked at me again. "You got him?"

"No sir, but I know where he is and where he will be for the next day." I said.

"I need some money to leave town."

"How much?" he asked.

In his mind I saw that he had no clue about this guy. If I could get him to the man it was worth half the fee paid for the bounty $2,500.

"$2,500 and will set in the car till you caught him."

"Okay, it worth it to me. $2,500 when he apprehended and you will be in the car while it's happening."

"Deal, Ft. Worth, Bowie Drive. A new girl friend."

He turned back into the room. "Let's go boys. We might get jimmy Joe."

He motioned me into the room where two guys weighting about 300 lbs each got to their feet. Shutting the door behind me they all headed out the back door. We piled into a black Tahoe. I sit in the front passenger seat while he took the 2nd seat behind me.

He got the complete address from me. The names of the resident. Then pulled a Mapco out to look up the address.

"Bart there's an alleyway behind that house with a garage entrance. We dropped you off at the entrance to the alleyway then drive around front. Let me know when you are in position."

I noticed that they were all putting hanging earphone on with mikes. Bart began to test his, "Testing testing."

"Test 1 good"

The second guy stated, "Test 2 good?"

"Test 2 good" The boss man stated.

"Who are you?" the boss asked.

"My name is John Buck."

"How are you involved in this?"

"I am presently staying Salvation Army Halfway house. Jimmy Joe? Cousin is also there, I overheard him talking. I made sure he did not see me, or anybody else there sees me."

"I heard you mention that you know Sheriff Joe, fact or bluff."

I laughed, "He the person that named me. John Buck, he stated that John Doe was too feminine"

Reaching for my rear pocket I pulled the new wallet out and handed him a copy of my name change.

"Humm, must be an interesting story behind this." He handed it back to me.

Not too much later we pulled up to an alleyway that ran next to Bowie Drive. Bart popped out of the van with a bad ass looking shotgun and headed up the alley. The van slowly pulled away and around the corner.

"Boss that's it. His car in front of that house."

"Yeap, John when we stop just lay down on that front seat. We going to pulled up real close to the driver door. So you won't be able to get out, but jimmy won't be able to get in his car."

Looking into his mind I saw what he meant and so did his other guy. "No problem for me."

The driver stepped on the gas and burnt rubber almost the whole way to the car where he slammed the brakes. I was thrown backwards then forwards when I heard those doors hitting their stops I tried to crawl under the steering wheel.

I unbuckled as the seat and shoulder belts were trying to keep me upright. Then just to be double safe I crawled out the driver door.

I heard what sure sounded like gunshots then glass breaking. My mind went searching for information. Bart was down but the vest he wore had stopped any real damage. Luke and Edward had knocked the front door down and were heading for the rear door.

Jimmy had gone over Bart and was coming alongside the house headed for the front.

Wait a moment! I was the only person in front. Right next to the Jimmy's car. What was wrong with this idiot? I looked oh my? He had 50 kilos of crack in the trunk of his car that did not belong to him. He was not going to surrender!

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.