Betrayal - Cover

Betrayal

Copyright© 2011 by michael-wolfam

Chapter 1

Liv lifted a stack of menus off the counter and watched the group stumble from the limo into the diner. There were eight of them. Five she'd known since high school, three were strangers. All were drunk. "Someone's gonna end up on the floor bleeding," she groaned to no one in particular. Stray flecks of glitter, left behind by women with names like Candy, sparkled in the fluorescent lighting. The scene always ended the same way.

Ignoring the 'Please Wait to be Seated' sign, the rowdy group piled into a red, naugahyde covered corner booth in her section. Of course they would choose a booth in her section. At least they were far away from the regulars.

"You're up awful late," she said to Cal, the leader of the group. "Aren't you getting hitched this afternoon?"

"Liv Driscol's my waitress!" he slurred, ignoring the menu she was trying to hand him. "Liv Driscol—the sexiest piece of..."

She tapped his cheek lightly with a menu. "Don't finish that sentence, Cal. Just go on and quit while you're only a little behind."

"Alright, alright. We just got back from partying all night in Denver. Me and my boys need some serious food. Mel's diner is the best. I fucking love Mel's," he paused trying to focus his red eyes on Liv.

"Our specials today are-"

"Dudes," Cal whispered loudly. "Hey guys, this is that chick I was telling you about," the drunken groom swayed in his chair. "Back in high school she raced the whole football team shotgunning a six pack. She finished a whole beer ahead!"

"Yeah, a real high point in my life. Now what can I get you boys to drink?" Liv pulled a worn yellow pad from her apron as the group settled into the table.

"Then she puked hot wings and beer all over the quarterback's Camaro! It was so awesome. She's a freaking legend!" Cal paused momentarily, trying unsuccessfully to look sober. He put his fist over his heart. "She's my hero," he sniffed dramatically as the table dissolved into drunken laughter.

"We went to high school together didn't we? The last time I saw you was at graduation. You got freakin' hot. How much for a lap dance?" the man who had supported the groom on the way into the diner giggled. The rest of the table held their breath, eyes focused on Liv.

"Hey Cal, you want to do this the easy way or the hard way?"

"Hey, easy there Liv, Mark's my best man. Remember, we were best buds in high school before he went off to get all educated. Besides, you know how mad Michelle's gonna be if he has a black eye in the wedding pictures."

"Alright, but you keep em' in line," Liv warned. She shot the best man a look that would freeze a polar bear dead in its tracks.

After taking their drink orders between drunken nonsense, Liv stormed over to the soda fountain behind the counter and began filling drinks.

"You alright?" Mel, the rotund owner of the diner, asked as Liv slammed a red plastic glass on the counter.

"Just one of those days."

"Hey is that Cal Huron over there? I haven't seen him in forever."

"Yep, that's him. He's getting married this afternoon, in the park."

"Oh yeah, I got an invitation rattling around somewhere. Is that his bachelor party over there?"

"Yep. Apparently they've been out all night partying or something. Speaking of which, I need a bowl of jalapeños. Dumbass number one over there bet dumbass number two five bucks that he wouldn't eat a bowl of jalapeños."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.