A Novice Sorceress - Cover

A Novice Sorceress

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Chapter 13

Words of Power

'Words of Power: These are almost the ultimate use of symbolism. As the Practitioner uses these words to represent the "Thing" the word stands for. Some of the most powerful ones are the True name of Gods and Goddess. To a lesser extent the use of the common name of the said Devine being will work... '

I was keeping very busy as the time passed. By the time school let out for summer I or my company assets had grown to over $60,000. We, me and my Dad, had filed our first tax report that spring. It might have been more capital except I had slowed down a little. I had found that purchasing too many stocks even what are known as penny stock would cause an artificial increase in the value of the stock.

Inflating the purchase price reduce the income from the sale as the higher price found fewer purchasers. So I had kept my purchases in smaller bulk then I actually wanted. My system still worked but as I invested more money I had to spread it out more.

My Dad had added the name of my company to his office door and I used his address as KS's. Though I worked out of my bedroom still; any mail went to his address and he brought it home to me each night. I began to move my purchases over to the major stock exchanges as the individual stocks prices went up.

Before spring was over I had to go to the guidance counselor to make my High School selection official. After hours of consulting with Mom and Dad we decided to enroll me in the same school as Tom but to go to summer school for two courses. When fall started my regular curriculum would have no study hall. I would take 1 more class then I would normally have taken. With the transfer of all my advance courses I had taken, the summers and the extra courses I would enter High school as a sophomore and not as a freshman. I would eventually graduate in 2-2 1/2 years.

It was a beautiful early fall day as we all stood around Tom getting in his way as he loaded up his car with all the things he thought he would need in college. I had slipped a few charms into his luggage. I had also put wards on his car with everything I could think of. He should safely get to the college with no accidents or breakdown.

"Hey big brother, take care. Watch out for those college girls.

"Midget I'm going to miss you. Watch over the squirt. I'll see you'll for Christmas." He climbed into his car and drove away. I could see his arm waving as he left us.

I turn to go back inside and saw Mom crying in Dad's arm. Jenny was kicking the front steps and not looking at anybody. I was at a loss for words so I melted away and went down to my lab.

Opening up my new book by Silverlocks I began to study.

My summer vacation had never existed this year. I got out of summer school one week before the start of the fall semester.

So I had no break in studying. But when I walked into the front entrance of the High School it was my first time as a student. The summer school I had attended was closer to where I lived.

Tom had gone to this school because they had lost the majority of their football team to graduation the year he entered. Thinking back I came to the conclusion that Tom was definitely smarter then he appeared. I mean he was planning for college the day he became a freshman. But then so had I.

One thing I thought as I walked in to the school, 'High School was a lot more noisy then middle school'. There were rushes of announcements being made over the public speakers. "All new students report to the boy's gym." That one applied to me. I saw an Adult standing in the middle of two crossing hallway.

"Excuse me, madam, Where is the boy's gym?" I had to repeat myself before she finally heard me. I think I stated it was very noisy.

"Boy's gym? You are new I guess? Just go straight down this hall way until it dead ends in a 'T'. Take a left go to the end the doors should be open into the gym."

I found the gym with no more problems. I had a book bag hanging on my left shoulder and my cane in my right hand. The cane would be a lot more overlook then me wearing a wand on my belt. While I had not embedded as many spells in it; it still had some really awesome powers. Not even including the fact I could probably beat the football team to a pulp with it.

The gym was very crowded but it still had plenty of room as it was intended to seat spectators to their basketball games. There were tables set up in different area with lots of adults setting at them. A couple of people at the entrance were directing students as we enter. "Transfer student to table 'D', new freshmen 'A or B'". I waited I knew that I was going to be a real pain with my entrance to the school.

I stood there slightly blocking the flow of students. A late middle-age man finally notice and wave at me. I went over to where he was setting. "Can I help you?"

"I hope so; I started school during the summer at East Hollow HS. Not as a freshman. Every course I took in the eighth grade was advance honor so I did my freshman year in middle school. I took two sophomore courses in summer school. So I think makes me a new sophomore."

He looked at me a minute, "Name?"

"Katherine Simpson"

"Go to table 'D' they should have your papers there."

I turn toward table 'D', "Oh Miss Simpson, welcome to Lynchburg High School."

When I got to the table 'D' a line had formed in front of it. I watched as students talked a minute to the person behind the table. They were either given a file or a form to fill out or directed to a row of small tables in front of the first row of spectator seats.

"Next" I stepped up to the table.

"Simpson, Katherine"

The women sitting there flipped through a box of files. When she found what must have been mine she pulled it. I could see a big red tape across the front. At that she did a double take and opened it up. After a minute reading it she looked up at me.

"Take this to the table with a 'C'." Handing it to me she waved at a separate table with a chair beside it. A man was sitting behind at ease. I headed that way.

The man noticed me headed his way and sit up paying his attention to me. I laid my file in front of him.

"Have a seat..." he read my name off the file. "Miss Simpson."

I set down and waited watching him closely. He was in his late twenties neatly dressed, clean cut hair and looked less like a teacher then almost anybody else in the gym. He read my file quickly then went back looking at specific items.

"I am Robert Townsend; my friends call me Bob, you as a student will call me Mr. Townsend or Coach Townsend. I will call you Miss or Ms. Simpson your preference and not Katherine or your nickname of Katy." He paused and just looked at her for a minute.

"I am the athletic director of Lynchburg High School. I am in charge of all athletic endeavors here. You were brought to my attention last year as the track coach for females here went wild over the possibility of attracting you to our program. After studying you and your record I concluded that you are not a pure athletic. Your athletic achievements are all incidental to your growth. I am also your education counselor."

"I see you are credited with Introductory English I and II. World History I, Algebra I and II, Civics, Introduction to Computers, Health/Science. My recommendation is that you take American History Honor, Algebra Honor, American Literature Honor, Biology honor and Spanish plus PE. You would have no study hall. The scheduling would have you in PE last period. I try to do this for any student who might go out for a sport. I made out this tentative schedule if you accept my recommendation." He laid some papers in front of me. I picked them up and read them.

"This is a pretty hard scheduling and courses." I stated.

"Yes, but you have shown you can do it. I saw no reason to make these easy. In fact if you pass the Spanish with a high enough grade and take a second year that year would be Honors also. By the time you go to college your whole last year would transfer in as accredited courses work. In fact you can take them as duel enrolment courses from Lynchburg Community College."

"Okay then I will try them this semester."

"Good next semester we get your trigonometry out of the way. Then get you calculus and physic next year. American Literature, Government, Accounting I, within two years you will be taking senior level Honor courses."

Your will be ready for college before your seventeenth birthday. I figured that what you are planning."

"Yes sir."

"What college do you wish to go to?"

"I have not made up my mind yet sir."

"It's a decision that you cannot wait on. Financing is very important in today economy. Some college's tuition can be as high as $30,000 a semester."

"I know sir, but financing it will be no problem."

"Are you planning on duplicating your brother?"

"No Mr. Townsend nobody in our family knew what he had plan until it was finish. I will simply pay my way. I am not looking for any scholarships whatsoever."

"What major would you be looking at?"

"I will be looking for a very liberal arts degree; with emphasis on history, mythology and folklore studies."

"Hum, an unusual study field. Not a very lucrative one either."

"Yes so my Dad has mentioned."

"Are you still studying martial arts?"

"Yes I am. I take one hour a day every evening and four hours on Saturday morning."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.