The Brass Ring - Cover

The Brass Ring

Copyright© 2011 by Coaster2

Chapter 8: Making Decisions

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8: Making Decisions - Dieter's love life had so many ups and downs that he was getting seasick. Sooner or later he was going to find a woman he could trust.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic  

It was going to be a fairly major problem tracking down Harley McDougal. I had no idea if he was still in town, or had departed for other places. Either case, I needed a way to find him. I'd spent a restless night thinking about what I needed to know before I could decide what to do about Merilee. I had a plan. It wasn't much of a plan, I admit, but at least it was something.

"Discreet Services," the woman answered in a sexy voice. "How can I help you?"

"I need help to find someone. Can your company do that?"

"Yes, sir. Let me put you on to one of our staff. Just a moment, please."

I waited as the elevator music played on the phone while I was on hold.

"Spagnoli speaking," came a gruff man's voice. "Can I help you?"

"My name is Dieter Hunsinger. I need to find someone. Can you do that for me?"

"Probably, but I need to know a lot more. Why don't you come to the office and we can talk about it? I should be able to tell you what the chances are then."

"Yeah ... sure. What time?" I wouldn't have too much trouble shuffling my schedule.

"Let's say one o'clock this afternoon. Ask for Norm Spagnoli."

"Sure. See you then." I hung up, still wondering if my idea was going to work.

I walked into the fairly modern offices of Discreet Services promptly at one. The receptionist was just coming back from lunch and relieving the girl who had covered for her.

"I'm here to see Mr. Norm Spagnoli. I have an appointment."

"Yes ... just a moment and I'll get him for you," she said in that sexy voice I really liked.

A couple of minutes later a big, bald, rough looking guy with a goatee and dressed in a dark suit came out from the back and looked me over.

"Mr. Hunsinger?" he asked in a voice that sounded more like a growl.

"That's me."

"Good," he said, extending his very big hand. "Let's go in the back and talk."

I followed him and he led me to a small meeting room. I took one of the comfortable seats and sat across from him. He had a spiral-bound notebook and pulled out a pen.

"Why don't you tell me who you're looking for and why," he began.

"I'm looking for a guy by the name of Harley McDougal. I want to talk to him."

"What about?"

"My girlfriend ... or ex-girlfriend."

He looked at me for a moment. "You plannin' to beat the shit out of him?"

That caught me off-guard. "No ... no ... just need to talk to him."

"Yeah ... sure. Look, Mr. Hunsinger, you don't need the kind of trouble you could get into if you did something like that. Everybody in this town knows you and respects you. Why would you want to throw all that away with a criminal conviction?"

He knew who I was! That was not necessarily good.

"I don't want to cause that kind of trouble. I need to talk to him to find out some facts about him and my ... ex-girlfriend."

"And what happens if he won't talk to you?"

"I don't know. I haven't worked that out yet."

He was shaking his head. "Why don't you tell what the hell you are trying to accomplish and then maybe I can help."

I looked him over. I wasn't sure I would trust someone who looked like him normally, but he was a professional and I had to trust someone.

"Harley is a well-known pussy hound in this town. I was dating this girl and found out she was seeing him on the side. I want to find out just what went on between them. Then I want to talk to her and see if her story matches. See if she's telling the truth."

"What makes you think Harley what's-his-name is going to tell you the truth?"

"He borrowed five hundred dollars from her. I was planning to be a bill collector. I figured I might be able to trade the debt for some information."

Again he was shaking his head. "Jesus, pal. That's weak. You got little or no chance of getting the truth. He'll tell you what you want to hear to get out from under. Your plan ain't worth shit."

I slumped back in the chair. He was right. All he had to do was ask the right question at the right time and I knew my idea wasn't worth a damn.

"So ... what can I do?"

"You leave it with me. Go look at yourself in the mirror, Mr. Hunsinger. Then look at me. If you were Harley, who would you least likely want to talk to between you and me?"

I snorted a reply. "You," I admitted.

"Good guess. So let's get down to the nitty gritty," he said, leaning forward. "What do you really want to know? And don't bullshit me. I can't do my job if you aren't straight with me."

I gave him the whole story. I told him about Harley and Merilee and what had caused me to break up with her. I wanted the whole truth and not some fairytale. I was trying to decide what to do about Merilee and I needed the facts.

He told me what he charged, and he wasn't cheap. But when I thought about it, I wasn't going to be happy until I knew, so I gave him the go ahead, signed the agreement, and wrote a check for the retainer. He said he would get back to me as soon as he had something to report. For whatever reason, I felt I had made a good decision with Norm Spagnoli. He was rough, and didn't pull any punches, but I got the feeling he was good at his job.

I tried to put Merilee out of my mind until I heard something from Spagnoli. I wasn't too good at that. How am I supposed to forget someone as sexy and good-looking as her? Not easy! I guess I should be grateful, just the same. I had almost forgotten about Joanna and what she had done to me. And ... I was sleeping better at night.

It was two weeks later that I got a call from Norm Spagnoli. We set up a meeting at his office for four o'clock on Wednesday afternoon.

"Let's go back to the office," he said when he came out to greet me. "The meeting room's being used, so excuse the mess in my pigsty."

It wasn't as bad as he made it out to be, but I could see papers piled in some sort of order, but it looked like filing was not a priority.

"Okay, Dieter. May I call you Dieter?" he asked after a pause.

"Sure."

"You probably know my brother, Tony. He's the head mechanic at Central Auto," he said.

"Yeah ... sure ... I know Tony. I didn't connect the dots. I guess I didn't know Tony's last name."

"Well, he knows you and says you're a good guy. Always there when he needs you. And I know your name from the family business. You gotta good rep in this town. That's why I didn't want you to get yourself in trouble when you first came to see me."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

"So ... here's what we know. Mr. Harley McDougal is now living in Ortonville. Not that far away. He's in trouble up to his neck with debts. Somehow or other he scrounges up money from one place or another, but it doesn't seem to last long. He's not smart enough to change identities, so he goes from woman to woman, stealing or borrowing money wherever he can get it. Merilee Jenkins, who I assume is the Merilee Jenkins of Jenkins Motors, was just one of a number of women who he conned.

"There are a couple of warrants out for his arrest for fraud and theft, but nobody is looking too hard for him. Most of his stuff is small-time. Not worth the cops getting all worked up about unless they stop him for something and run a check. None of the women are crying rape, so that keeps him under the radar. I'm close to finding him where I can get him alone and have a talk to him. I think he's shacked up with some broad who works in a bar. I shouldn't have too much trouble cuttin' him out of the herd."

"Harley's been around here for quite a while," I said. "It's hard to believe he could do all this for so long and get away with it."

"You're right. He was married with a kid. But she divorced him when she got tired of him running around, and he was saddled with alimony and child support. It didn't take him long to get behind on both of them. That's when he started to get himself deeper and deeper in shit. He was borrowing money left, right, and center. He maxed all his credit cards out and then applied for some new ones. Typical of those outfits, they gave him some. I figure he's getting to the end of the trail, though. He's used up all his options, so I need to get to him before he takes off and moves to greener pastures."

"Do you think he'll talk to you?" I asked.

He gave me a nasty smirk. "Probably. There's an advantage to looking like I do and having an Italian last name."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I can imagine."

I left their office sure that I'd hired the right guy for this job. I laughed at myself thinking I could have pulled this off. I didn't even know where to look for Harley, much less what I was going to do about him if I did find him. Leave it to the pros, I told myself.

It wasn't even ten days later that Norm called me and said we should get together. We grabbed a coffee and headed toward his office again.

"Well, I think I got what you want to know, Dieter. It ain't all bad, either. It turns out Harley McDougal is not as good as his reputation. He was with Merilee Jenkins four times. Each time he took her to the Catbird Club and tried to loosen her up with booze. I guess Ms. Jenkins doesn't drink much, because he didn't manage to get her drunk.

"He struck out the first couple of times with her, so he decided he needed to help her along with some "E" and maybe some Meth. The plan was to spike her drink and then she'd be more than willing to join him in whatever he wanted to do. The problem was, he owed money to the guys he was buying the stuff from and they had cut him off. He had to resort to trying to talk her out of her panties.

"He conned her into loaning him five hundred dollars, saying his commission check from the brokerage house was late that month. He was planning to use part of the five hundred for the drugs, and the rest for himself. Unfortunately for him, she wasn't going to go out with him any more. Apparently you had found out about Harley and her, and she was pretty upset, he said.

"So ... the bottom line is ... Harley didn't get anywhere with Merilee Jenkins. He took her out, bought her a few drinks, got to kiss her a few times, but nothing more."

"You believe that?" I asked, hoping it was true.

"Yeah. Harley was very eager to tell me the story. After I introduced myself and suggested he need to talk to me, he was quite cooperative. Of course, after he pissed his pants, he really didn't want to go anywhere for a while," Spagnoli grinned.

I leaned back in the chair. I was happy, but still uncertain about Merilee. Nothing had happened between her and Harley, but just the same, I still had my doubts.

"Thanks, Norm. You did a good job. I'll remember to call you the next time I need to find someone."

"No problem, Dieter. I hope this is what you wanted to know. Sounds like she just got herself involved with someone she shouldn't have. Young kids make those kinds of mistakes. Sometimes you just have to let them figure it out for themselves and learn from it," he said.

We shook hands and I left the office. His last remarks were a lot like the comments of Paulette on New Years Eve. Yeah, Merilee was young, and she was going to make mistakes. So really, the problem was about her being truthful, not about seeing Harley. No private detective could help me with that.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.