Chronos Chronicles:Journey Forward
Chapter 8: And The Rest

Copyright© 2011 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 8: And The Rest - Now that the Kindred have fought off the Neo Empire, and won, Chronos sees this as a respite before the true storm. More than anything she knows the Kindred need to get ready for the next step. It is time; to move forward, to expand their influence, to encourage differences. The Kindred will have to learn, they are the leaders of the new world. unfortunately they don't seem to know that. It will be up to Chronos to teach them.But wait there's more.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Post Apocalypse   Paranormal   Polygamy/Polyamory  

Later, when we have come up for air and Nimrod returns, I hear the rest of the story.

"These folks from Saint Louis, have a most interesting story," Nimrod says as he takes a seat at the table. I pour the tea that Saul has prepared and motion Nimrod to continue. "They seem to want to stop fighting. These soldiers frightened them enough that they now see the wisdom of working together."

"I should hope so," I add.

"They want our help," Saul starts with his part of the story. "The majority wants to leave the city and make a fresh start."

"And we are helping?" I ask for once I don't know the answer that question before hand.

"It is-- still up in the air," Nimrod answers, he is not telling us something. He steeples his fingers before him and quietly taps them together.

"I take it this means another trip to Saint Louis?" Looking over a Saul for conformation.

"More than likely," He agrees.

"I would like to go." I toss out quickly before they can say more.

"Oh Chronos," Saul says in worried sigh.

"Nosis, love," Nimrod says at the same instance.

I knew there was going to be an argument so before they can gang up on me I throw out my reasons. "I believe I can act as a negotiator for the Kindred. I have all the skill sets to be a healer for the travel party. And there is no way in hell we are sending any of our Elder." I add gruffly and give Nimrod a pointed look.

Nimrod leans back in his seat. "I can't put anything over you." he shakes his head and gives me a ruffle smile.

Saul on the other hand is looking shocked that Nimrod had even been contemplating traveling.

"Nim you can't go," Saul say vehemently so angry and resolutely I almost didn't reconize him.

"I think I know what I am capable of Saul, " Nimrod grinds out. He looks like he wants to fight.

"Nim, ' I brake in before this can turn into a home wreaking argument. "this is not about strength or anything like that, I am sure you could make the trip and be fine. This is about safety. We just declared war on another nation, any of our leaders would be at risk. I meant it, no Elders. and you will see, Napoleon for all his machinations will say the same thing. it is too risky to much like a trap." I add softly and take up his hand in mine to soften the blow of my words.

Nimrod gives me a tired sigh but he clutches my hand back and I feel his resignation, his self to staying home again.

"For the first time in a long time," Nimrod explains to us. " I feel like I can do something I feel like I have energy, I want to use it before it goes away."

In a confident voice I tell him. "It is not going to go away," I squeeze his hand back.

He gives us a ruthful smile. "That doesn't change the fact that I am burning with curiosity."

"Oh, Nim, I understand," Saul takes up Nimrod's other hand. "It was fun to be someplace new. even if you didn't know if you were going to survive the next minute." He add in an under tone. "But you are far too important, I don't know what I would do if you were kidnapped. It was bad enough when the ladies got snatched."

"Or for that matter, I know I would give my life for yours," I add.

Nimrod sigh's again and he squeezes both our hands. "I guess I am going to have to be the voice of reason once more."

We nod sadly back at him.

"Well, in that case there is another Council meeting this evening." He says tiredly. No one likes being told they are not going to get what they want.

"Do you want us to come?" Saul asks before I can.

"Yes come. You have something to say, both of you," He glance from one to the other of us.

"Oh good, we are not going to argue, " I say in relief.

"No arguments here." Saul agrees brightly. I think more for Nimrod's sake then for mine.

"Do we have time for something more than dinner?" Nimrod says in an indifference tone of voice, but I can feel a tension radiating from our clasped hands.

Once Nimrod has made his request I can feel the nervous excitement radiating from Saul as well. I am reminded again how infrequent Nimrod makes these requests.

"I thought you would never ask." I smile warmly at Nimrod.

Saul nods his head in agreement but doesn't say anything to break the mood at our table.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.