Magic in the Moonlight - Cover

Magic in the Moonlight

Copyright© 2011 by Girl Friday

Chapter 16: Happily Ever After

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 16: Happily Ever After - Yesterday, my name was Lauren Summers. I was 43 years old with a good job that I didn’t like much, but it paid the bills. When I woke up today, I was told my name is Kimberly Sparks. My birth certificate says I’m 24 years old. I don’t have a job or a place to live. But there’s a seriously hot guy taking me home with him. Lauren Summers died yesterday in a terrible fire and Kimberly Sparks was born. But I’m not a phoenix; I’m a werewolf. Who knew?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Were animal   Oral Sex   Slow  

I wanted to go straight home to Oregon, but in his rush to find me Evan hadn't stopped to pack our bags or check us out of the hotel. So we flew back to Las Vegas, instead.

We stayed there overnight, simply to catch up on sleep. Evan had called Robert before the SUV had even pulled away from the curb at the Bellagio and they'd spent the next ten hours tracking Caleb and me down. All in all, he'd spent nearly forty hours awake. There was no way I was allowing him to get on a plane to Portland without some sleep first.

Noelle had decided to stay in Las Vegas for a few more days and I had a sneaking suspicion it was to spend time with Caleb. Evan and I were finally on our way back home after flying to Portland.

"Evan, did you know the President was a wolf?"

He grinned at me, "Nope. Didn't have a clue. CanUS doesn't publish a membership roster. I imagine we're supposed to keep that piece of information to ourselves. I know we have wolves in high places, I just didn't realize how high."

"What's he going to do later, though? Even former presidents are always in the public eye."

Evan shrugged. "I imagine in a few years there will be something in the news about an assassination or an accident. Then he'll be relocated and live in a remote area for forty or fifty years. He'll just have to be a little more careful than the rest of us after relocation."

It made sense. Every werewolf had to move and start over after a couple of decades. My name wouldn't be Kimberly Sparks forever. I stopped worrying about the President and remembered something I'd meant to ask Evan about before I'd been distracted by cute baby tigers at the Mirage, "What was Robert talking about when he asked you to 'think it over and get back to him'?"

"My grandfather is beginning to think about taking a break, his words not mine. He asked me to take over his spot on the Council for a few years while he took a vacation."

I felt my eyebrows lift in surprise, "He can do that? Just hand his spot over to someone else like that?"

Evan shot me a look, "We're not a democracy here, Kimber. Granted, the Council tries to make decisions according to what they think wolves want, but in the end it's a rather rigid command structure. Wolves rule by dominance. After my grandfather, I'm next in line for a Council seat."

"So, are you going to take it?"

"No. I called him this morning and told him to pass it to the next wolf in line. I have no interest in sitting on the Council. Right now, I just want to spend time with you." He reached over and threaded his fingers through mine. I couldn't stop the warm, happy joy that spread through me.

When we pulled up in front of the house, Evan made me leave all the bags in the SUV. Before we went in, he came to stand behind me and clamped his hands over my eyes.

"No peeking."

"No peeking at what? What are you doing?"

"Shush, the pack has a surprise for us."

He led me through the doors and into the great room. I could hear other people in the room, but I had no idea how many. Evan moved his hands away from my face and settled them on my shoulders, "Okay, go ahead and look."

I opened my eyes and there in front of me was a Christmas tree that stood over ten feet tall. It was covered in lights, garlands, bows and beautiful ornaments. Marsh, Tasha, and a few of the other wolves stood there grinning from ear to ear. I took one look at the beautiful tree and my eyes filled.

"I haven't had a Christmas tree in a long, long time. It's the most beautiful tree I've ever seen," I whispered.

Evan wrapped his arms around me and hugged me from behind, "Caleb told me. I called Marsh and he made it happen."

I cried happy tears as I hugged Marsh and thanked him. "Nah, thank Tasha. She did most of the work. We just did what she told us to."

"Here," Tasha said, "We saved the last part for you."

She handed me a beautiful glass star for the top of the tree. I hugged her fiercely before Marsh and Evan boosted me up like a cheerleader so I could put the star on the top. Once it was on, Marsh turned on the lights and everyone started clapping and howling.

My heart, which had already been so full of love for Evan, felt like it would burst with joy. I wasn't just home, I was with my family who cared enough to make even my simplest wishes come true. I thanked every one of them and made a silent vow to do a lot of Christmas shopping for my new family in the next few days.

I thought I would be anxious for them to go home so I could be alone with Evan, but I was wrong. It turned into a party with wolves showing up throughout the night, each of them bringing something along to eat or drink so there was plenty for everyone. We joked and laughed, shared the wine and good conversation. I was enjoying myself immensely as David told me the story of how they went to pick out the tree.

"Tasha wouldn't allow us to pick just any tree, you know. She had us out there for hours until she found exactly the right one. Then we needed four of us to carry it; that thing is huge!"

My eyes drifted across the crowd until I spotted Tasha chatting with one of the latecomers. Marsh was with her with his arm wrapped around her waist. I elbowed Evan lightly and nodded at Marsh and Tasha.

"Do you know anything about that?"

Evan looked at me with surprise and shook his head. We excused ourselves to David and made our way over to them. Evan tapped Marsh on the shoulder and raised his eyebrows.

"So is there anything you might want to tell us about? Perhaps something to do with that arm wrapped around Tasha?"

Tasha smiled at us and wrapped her arms around Marsh's waist. She was practically glowing with happiness.

"I will tell you. While you were gone, Marshall took over the pack. You know this. He started stopping by my workshop in the evenings to check on me. One night, I was working very late on special order one of my customers wanted for Christmas. I hadn't thought to lock my door.

"I was concentrating on my sewing and not paying attention. I didn't even hear the bell chime when they came into my shop. It was two men, strangers I had never seen before. They told me to open my cash register and give them my money. But when they looked at me, I knew it was not just money they wanted and I was very scared about what would happen next.

"Before I could even get out of my seat, I saw Marshall come in the door behind them. He was careful not to let the door hit the bell. He hid behind one of my shelving units and changed to his wolf. The men were shouting at me to go get the money, but then Marshall stepped just enough into the light to cast very big shadow on the floor at the men's feet. He growled at them very loudly.

"I told them, 'Get out of my shop or I will tell my dog to attack you!' Marshall, he growled again louder and started snarling. He stepped forward a little more so they could see that he is huge and will not be easily beaten. The men, they turned and left my shop, hurrying to get away from my vicious beast. When they were gone, Marshall changed back to a man and he yelled at me for being careless. Then he jerked me against him and kissed me! Such a kiss I have never had before!

"He escorted me upstairs to my loft and made sure all the doors and windows were locked. He didn't leave that night. Instead he changed back to his wolf and stayed in my shop all night to protect me in case those idiots came back. The next day, Marshall showed up with some of the pack and they installed those sliding protectors over my doors and windows. This way, I can still work late at night in my shop but no one can get in.

"And I realized something. Marshall is not casual, goofy boy I always thought he was. He is a man who will protect me and keep me safe. He will love me, just like my Vigo. I realized that I have mourned my Vigo long enough and there is man right in front of me who loves me. So I kissed him and now he is mine."

Marsh was blushing furiously by the time Tasha finished. "What, you think I'm going to be stupid and argue with her? My mama didn't raise no fool."

Evan shook Marsh's hand and then pulled him in for a back-pounding hug. I hugged Tasha, whispering my congratulations and best wishes, and then we switched. Evan hugged Tasha gently and then he too gave her hell for taking chances like that. But he did it gently and her face flushed with pleasure at his obvious concern.

"It's okay now. Marshall has made me safe and he is there with me every night. It will never happen again."

The next few days passed in a blur of activity. Noelle was back from Las Vegas and organized a Christmas shopping expedition to Portland for just us girls. Tasha came along with us and we spent the whole day buying gifts for everyone. I couldn't stop myself from wandering into the Williams-Sonoma store and moaning softly at all the wonderful kitchen tools.

I bought cookie cutters and pans, a stand mixer and baking parchment -- everything I needed to go on a wild orgy of cookie baking. Noelle and Tasha laughed at me as I cooed over my new KitchenAid stand mixer. I'd bought it in Bing cherry red and I couldn't stop myself from petting the box and telling it about all the wonderful things we were going to bake together.

"You know you're not supposed to buy stuff for yourself this close to Christmas, right? What if one of us already bought you a stand mixer?"

"Then I'll have two," I told Noelle, "You can never have too many stand mixers."

She laughed at me as the three of us lugged all my goodies to the car. When we got back to Evan's, I couldn't wait to play with all my new toys. I washed them in the sink and then started unpacking the groceries I made Tasha stop for before she dropped me off.

"And what are you doing, Miss Kimberly?" Warm arms wrapped around me and gentle teeth nibbled at my ear.

"I am baking Christmas cookies. Now shoo, no distracting me when I have work to do."

Evan laughed and let me go, "The full moon is in two days. Marsh asked me to call a full pack meeting tomorrow night. He and Tasha are going to seal their bond permanently."

I almost dropped the eggs in my hand. I carefully set them on the counter before I turned to Evan, "That's pretty fast, isn't it? They've only been together a couple of weeks."

"Wolves don't drag it out. When we settle on a mate, we generally bond within a few weeks."

That made me pause. Evan and I had been together longer than Marsh and Tasha, but he hadn't said one word about a bonding ceremony for us. Did that mean he wasn't happy with me? We spent every night together making love. We'd been talking non-stop, getting to know each other.

Was I the only one who had fallen in love? What I was feeling must have showed on my face, because Evan tipped my chin up for a tender kiss.

"I would have asked you that first night if I didn't think it would have scared you silly. Kimberly, I love you. There's never going to be anyone else for me. But I don't want to rush you. You've had a lot of change and adjustment in the past month. Don't stand there and think for one minute I don't want you. The minute you think you're ready, I'll have you standing under the moon so fast it will make your head spin. I was going to wait until Christmas day to do this, but I can't wait anymore."

Evan pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket and handed it to me. My heart stopped dead and then started beating wildly as I looked at it in my palm.

"I bought it for you in Las Vegas. Open it," Evan whispered.

My fingers shook as I reached for the lid and pulled the box open. Inside was an engagement ring. Three emerald cut diamonds set in platinum that sparkled and flashed under the kitchen lights; it took my breath away.

"I love you, Kimber. Marry me. Be my mate, my partner, my lover, and my wife for the rest of our lives. I promise to make all your dreams come true."

I couldn't say anything. My throat was completely frozen as happy tears slid down my cheeks. I nodded my head wildly at Evan and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He kissed me and the whole world spun. When he finished, I was finally able to find my voice.

"Yes, Evan, yes. I love you so much."

He took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger. It was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.

"Now you know I mean it when I say, whenever you are ready we'll stand under the moon and finish what I started on the last and first day of your life. Okay?"

My smile was so huge it felt like my face couldn't hold it all, "It's a deal."

The ceremony for Marsh and Tasha was short and simple, but their joy was impossible to ignore as they stood on the deck under the moon and promised themselves to each other. It was later, as we were all celebrating, that they explained they would be traveling to Russia to get married sometime after the new year.

"Tasha wants to show me where she grew up and all the places of her life before she was turned. We're going to call it our honeymoon trip and get married while we're over there."

Marsh had a glass of champagne in one hand and his new mate in the other. They didn't stop touching each other once the whole night. Tasha was wearing an engagement ring of rubies and diamonds that flashed fire and rainbows among the Christmas lights. Her smile was quiet but, full of joy, as she snuggled against Marsh.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.