05 Walker
Chapter 65

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Flashback – Major M – Command and Control

Damn! There was a reason brass was spelled with 'ass' in it - it was because that's where most 'brass' had their heads (and a stern reminder to not let that happen to me)! I still couldn't fucking believe it: The Old Man called me into his office, read me the riot act for losing the Sgts. (as if that was my fault) then told me he wanted me to infiltrate the country to get intel on Baskerville. (How the hell he learned our working name for the new vehicle I sure as hell didn't know but you could bet your bottom dollar I would find out and that bastard was going with me). Since I was a Major, I'd thought I was too valuable an asset to go on a mission like this! I loved field work, but after the way the Sgts. had this fucking country riled up it's the last place I wanted to go. Besides, there was that damn Baskerville that took out four Hind choppers and jumped a fucking canyon! I'm supposed to figure out some way to catch the fucker? Fat fucking chance on that happening! I was just hoping to stay the hell out of its way.

So I'm back here in my C&C setting things up and making sure I'm going to have a shitload of support with me. I've seen what that damn vehicle can do and I know better than to take it on alone.

Flashback – Ira and Mira – Undisclosed location

Mira and I departed post haste, pursuing our tracks (made when we fled for our lives from Baskerville) to regain the prisoners and possibly apprehend the harlequins. I observed after the scare Baskerville gave us that once again my sister's SA was appropriate for the task at hand.

I occulated smoke in the direction of our locomotion and realized that Baskerville might have not only exhaustively pursued us, it might have made us misappropriate the opportunity to confront the harlequins...

Flashback – Jack – Undisclosed location

After Banzai doctored my first manifold burrito with too much hot sauce, I decide it's time to get even and offer, "Banzai, why don't you let me make the burritos this time so you can take a rest."

He smiled at me and agreed, "Sure Jack, knock yourself out."

Yeah, let's see how he likes his next burrito...

Flashback – Ben – Undisclosed location

Jack was being overly helpful. Now that smacks of one of his pranks but he's too damn obvious. He's going to doctor the hell out of my burrito with the hot sauce. That's alright - just wait because two could play these games...

Flashback – Major M – In transit

I made sure to call my Mossad contacts right before I left for that God forsaken country so they could call off the Sedankina bitches and I hoped like hell this time they would listen. I know it's not kind to speak ill of the dead, but that damn Sgt. Blaine made a royal cluster fuck out of everything. Not only did he infect Miranda Sedankina with his insubordination, his antics got the Old Man fired up and I was the poor bastard paying the price.

Oh well, I might as well catch some shuteye on this long assed flight...

Flashback – Ira and Mira – Undisclosed location

Just as I surmised earlier, we arrived at the scene of what remained of the presidential palace and occulated mass carnage. The prisoners took no captives and bodies littered the landscape. We arrested our motorcycles, pulled off our cranial carapaces and I stated, "Mira, once again we have arrived after the harlequins have departed."

Mira responded, "Yes Ira, either they were never here or fled the scene."

I questioned, "Mirinka, have you deduced some new factoid?"

She smiled and stated, "Ira, you accuse me of being distracted. However have you not noticed that in the previous attack perpetrated by the harlequins on a presidential palace, they did not purposefully kill or maim anyone. So, occulate the difference for this location."

I performed the sisterly request and remarked, "Ai! Mira you are indeed correct!"

I needed to analyze why I did not discover this factoid, however I heard a noise and stated, "Mira I perceive a possible survivor we can interrogate." We then traversed our motorcycles closer to the incapacitated survivor. I occulated and stated the obvious, "Mira he is one of the prisoners... "

Mira finished, "... and will provide valuable clues of the harlequins."

Unfortunately the ex-prisoner was too damaged to survive our interrogation. He expired right after he released a most amazing factoid. I looked at my sister (and notated the death mask on her face) and stated, "Mira it would appear... "

She finished my statement, " ... that the harlequins and Baskerville are one in the same!"

I continued, "Yes we have been duped... "

Mira finished, "AGAIN!" Then she added her new (since Sgt. Blaine) expository, "Fecal matter!"

Mira ordered, "Ira, we must locate a place of safety where we can devise a new strategy, to not only terminate the harlequins, but to capture Baskerville."

We proceed to minutely study the maps when the alert of an incoming message interrupted our deliberations. I wisely decided to screen all the messages in hopes they would not further infuriate Mira. I was fully thankful I performed this task after I occulated the message.

I walked back to Mira and she stated, "Ira this locale might suffice. What is your opinion and was there anything important contained in the message?"

I smiled at Mira and falsified my response, "Mira, the location is excellent and there is nothing in the message which concerns you."

AH HA! My sister Ira just falsified her report to me, which only happens when she possesses a concern for my being-well. I will need to occulate the message upon our arrival at the place of safety...

Flashback – Jack – Undisclosed location

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.