05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 5

Present – Jim – Rescue mission - Washington DC

After I tossed the flashbang, the stupid amateurs went berserk and shot Byron. I yelled, "Todd, Byron's down." When I didn't get a response from Todd I realized I was the last man standing and I executed a plan which I never thought I would need.

First I checked Byron's wounds. He'd been hit twice: Once in the left arm which wasn't covered by body armor, and once in the helmet which explains his unconscious state. I put a compression dressing on the wound to stop the bleeding, carefully applied a splint his arm and hear, "What the hell is going on?"

I yell Thom, "Is that you?"

He yells back, "It's sure not anyone else! Now what the hell is going on?"

I run toward him and direct, "Keep talking so I know where the hell you are."

Thom yells, "Where are Byron and Todd!"

I reply, "Byron's down. He got shot in the arm and it's broken. He took another round to the helmet. Thank God it was a pistol round and the helmet stopped it. But he's out cold so something's going on with his head. I've got a field dressing on the wound and a splint on his arm so he's probably going to be okay. I don't know where Todd is."

Thom orders...

Present – Thom – Rescue mission - Washington DC

Once I can sort of hear again I begin to get pissed off. My whole team is down except for Jim! At least Byron's going to be okay, but he's going to be pissed off about his arm. I order, "Jim, I don't know about Todd, I think he's somewhere behind the group. But I do know Hammer's in bad shape, bring me Byron's med kit, help me over to Hammer and I will work on him while you try to find Todd."

Jim finally finds me and drags me toward Hammer, but it hurts like hell so I complain, "Shit Jim, take it easy! My leg's all shot up!"

He apologizes, "Sorry Thom, I'm just stressed out."

I offer some advice, "Listen calm down or you're going to make a mistake. We're all going to be fine if we keep our heads. Now go and try to find that sneaky bastard Todd."

Jim takes off as I begin to work on Hammer. He's taken a shot in the lungs, has almost bled out and is having problems breathing. Shit he needs fluids and a chest tube...

Present – Todd – Rescue mission - Washington DC

Uhhhh, some lucky bastard shot me! It hurts being shot on purpose but hurts even more when it's an accident because now my pride is hurt too. If there's one huge problem with being sneaky, it's when you're hurt it makes it hard for others to find you! I need to force myself to move to a more open area...

Present – Jim – Rescue mission - Washington DC

I'm searching all over hell for Todd, the damn sneaky bastard. Thom pointed in a general direction, but I don't think even Byron knew exactly where Todd was. I'm sure as hell not having any luck finding him. Then ... shit! I finally remember my night vision goggles: They might give me the edge I need in this low light to see him. I grab them out of my pack, connect them to my helmet, fire them up and the world turns green...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.