Maxine Stone's New Life - Cover

Maxine Stone's New Life

Copyright© 2011 by carniegirl

Chapter 158: Whitewater & the Money Trade

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 158: Whitewater & the Money Trade - Maxine stone is a retired Air Force Noncom trying to get by in a small town. Her new life is filled with small characters and minor adventures.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   Coercion   Gay   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Mystery   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Fisting   Transformation   Prostitution  

I wrote all that and a lot more down, before I left his car. His car was actually my old minivan, which was actually Jen's old minivan. We might have gotten the only dependable Chrysler ever made, but it had been a good van.

Lucas dropped me at the office a little after noon. I had in fact ridden with him to serve a few papers. It wasn't fun, but the conversation had been. Process servers have stories just like the cops, and the EMT personnel. Swapping stories about the mooches was like fishing stories. The best ones were about the ones who got away.

"So, let's not let this one get away," He knew that I was talking about James Smiley aka the bastard.

"Not sure what we can do to him, but I'm sure you will think of something." Lucas said. "So what's first on your list of things to do now?"

"I'm going to talk to the ex-wife. I'm glad you found her. They usually love to trash the ex," I said smiling.

"That would have been my first thought as well. Save the current girl friend until you have something solid. Then maybe she will be willing to talk to us." I was glad that he was beginning to get invested.

"I would love to find some of his former clients. I wonder how we could go about that?" I asked.

"We find out how long his receptionist has been with him. Then find out who the last one was, and where she is now. She might like to give her opinion of Mr Smiley.

"Call me at five, I'll see if I can round up some more leads for you," Lucas said. When I exited his van in the parking lot of his office, that's how we left it. I missed not having an office of my own for about a second.

Back at my apartment, I began making phone calls. "Ms Smiley, my name is Maxine Stone, I am an investigator in Aster. I wonder if you might have a few minutes this afternoon to answer some questions about your ex husband James?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that. It was part of our divorce agreement that I not discuss him with anyone." She informed me.

"If I get the police to come ask the questions, could you answer then?" I asked. I had no intension of doing it, I was just curious how serious she was taking the agreement.

"Actually, I would have my divorce lawyer discuss it with the police." she replied. She was actually very nice, just not very cooperative.

"If you were me and wanted information about James Smiley, where would you go?" I asked.

"Well, he and Barbara had words, when she left to get married. I'm not sure what it was about, but it might be of interest to you."

"So what is her full name, and where do I find her," I asked.

"Her name is Barbara Reece now and she works for an insurance agency these days. Reece and Holifield, I think it is," she said.

"Sounds like she owns the place," I said while I tried to find them in the phone book.

"Her ex husband's Daddy, I think. Anyway ask her. It's all pretty confusing, if you ask me. The worlds shortest marriage I think. It lasted about a month, and she winds up working for his dad. That's just plain strange."

I found them in the phone book, then I said thank you, and hung up."

"Reece and Holifiled," the female voice said.

"Barbara Reece please," I asked.

"This is Barbara," she said very upbeat and friendly. I wondered how much she would change with my next question.

"Ms Reece, my name is Maxine Stone. I am a private investigator in Aster. I was wondering, if you might have some time to answer a few questions for me."

"I know who you are Ms. Stone. I have seen your short bits on the Internet. I'm looking forward to your TV show. What kind of questions do you want to ask."

"I have a few questions about James Smiley, and his business operations." I suggested.

"Why don't you just meet with him?" she asked.

"Oh I plan to do that, but only after I know exactly what to ask him. My client is thinking about having Mr. Smiley do his reports and manage his accounts. He wants to be sure Smiley is the man for the job. So I'm just looking for people, who know him in a business sense." Keeping it confined to his business was more likely to get me the interview. I could branch out to personal questions as the interview moved along.

"I don't suppose there is any harm in that. I can give you some detailed information. There are some things you might want to ask him about." She suggested. I caught a little edge to her voice. She might turn out to be the perfect confidential informant (CI). She might have an ax to grind, but even those people pointed investigators toward areas that need to be explored.

"So when would you like to do it?" I asked.

"Why don't you meet me after work. You can buy me a glass of wine, while we talk," she suggested.

"That sounds like a plan. Tell me where and when, and I'm there," I said in agreement.

"Do you know where the White Water Lounge is located?" she asked.

"No, I have no idea, but I do have GPS, so give me an address." I said.

"It's in the basement of the Downtown Motel in Tryon. It should be easy to find. It's on their main street."

"That's fine, but I thought you lived in Aster?" I said.

"I do, but if you want the dirt on Jimmy, it's going to cost you," she said with a laugh.

"Oh, do I need to wear a cocktail dress and bring the title to my car?" I asked smiling.

"No, but they won't let you in wearing jeans. I hear that is your normal dress," she said.

"All right then, little black dress and padded bra," I laughed as I said it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.