Meet the Author - Cover

Meet the Author

Copyright© 2010 by John Smith

Chapter 15

Teri looked at her husband, and wondered if he could see it. The way he was looking at his daughter, as she floated across the room, told her. It was a bit obvious.

Their son? Oblivious! He was eating his lunch as fast as he could. Teri also understood that. He had a girl to meet.

"Hi, honey," Teri said when Cynthia sat down at the table.

"Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. Isn't it a wonderful day?"

The two parents looked at each other.

"What's wrong with you two?" Tim asked. "It's great outside. I'm going to spend all day ... doing something."

"With Alisa, I bet!" Cyn said with a big smile on her face. "She's nice. I like her. 'Course I've known her since she was born."

"You have?" John asked.

"Dad, she's Jen's little sister," Cyn replied.

"She grew up, it looks like," Teri added.

"Yeah," Tim said.

Cyn, Teri, and John all looked at Tim. He didn't even notice. It was hard not to laugh, but they managed.

"Got to go," Tim said suddenly.

Running to the sink, he rinsed his dishes. He waved at them and was out the door. As soon as the door closed there was laughter, but Tim didn't hear it.

Then there was silence, but just for a moment.

"You are taking precaution, right?" Teri asked.

"Mom! Do you think I'm stupid?"

"I know Teri's going to be pissed at me, but can I ask you ... what took so long?"

"John!"

Cyn had to chuckle at her Mom's reaction. They were being rather understanding. More than she thought. Maybe 'cause she'd turned eighteen? Cyn knew there was no way of hiding it. The way she felt, she knew she must be glowing.

"Dad, it wasn't right before now. That's why."

"What made it right?" Teri asked.

"You two."

Teri and John looked at each other. Both wondering how they had anything to do with their little girl ... having sex with her much older boyfriend.

"Can you explain that one? 'Cause I'm kinda confused," John said.

Teri was glad he had said that. She felt the same way, but it would have been a lot harder for to admit it.

"Ok. You know we talk. We've talked about all of this. Him, me, us, the kids. We've talked, and I've listened. I didn't always agree, but I listened. It hasn't been easy. Mom, you flipped out about the car thing."

Teri smiled, and said, "Yeah, I did."

"I got pissed at how he didn't tell me what was going on ... you know, the first time, when the car got trashed."

"So this was make-up..."

"John," Teri growled at him, stopping him from stepping in it.

Cyn laughed and answered, "Dad, I can't believe you said that! No. This was not make-up sex!" She giggled and then went on. "Yesterday, remember how I told you about what he did?"

"Yes, but..." Teri answered, but got cut off.

"You said he was looking after me. Do you have any idea how that made me feel? He spent his time, looking after me! I don't know how I could ask for anything more than a man who felt that much for me. Do you?"

Teri and John didn't want to look at each other. They already knew the answer to that question. It bothered them. This wasn't sex she had had. Their daughter had made love with Brad.

For John, and what he knew, there was really only one question to ask after that.

"You are going to finish high school first, right?"

"Sometimes you are so dense," Cyn replied.

"Can you explain, then?" Teri asked.

Cyn frowned as she thought about it.

Then she said, "Sorry, I guess you're not dense. You just don't understand."

"So tell me," John asked, wanting to know.

"We've grown to know each other. Each step has led to the next. I knew and really liked Brad when he first moved here. Then I got to know him and Melody. I saw Brian grow inside of her and then arrive. I babysat and learned more. I watched Kim grow inside of her, too." At that point Cyn's voice started to crack, and she had tears in her eyes. "I saw what happened when he brought Kim home ... without his wife."

She paused for several moments, trying to get control of her voice.

"I babysat and learned more. Then I learned something about myself."

"What was that?" John asked his daughter.

"I had fallen in love with Brad. I'm not sure when, but it was there. He learned, too, and we became a couple. We dated and I've learned more. Now, we just took another step, and we're learning more about each other. Each step has taken us closer together. I know, Mom, you said at the beginning that you wanted me to see what life was like in the big world. What do I care about what else is out there, when I have a man who loves me as much as I love him? Could I ask for anything more than that?"

"No, you really can't," John answered her. "But I'm not sure that answered my question."

Cyn had to ponder what question that was. Then she knew.

"We're learning. This was a big and important step along the way. We're not ready to get married, yet. When? I don't know. Probably not as much time as you would like. I'm not on a time schedule. I'm learning. When I understand what I need to know ... to make me feel like I ... I just think it will feel right, when the time comes."

"He isn't pressuring you at all?" Teri asked.

"Mom, I had to take the initiative."

Teri blushed, getting the implication of what her daughter had just said.


"I got grilled by Mom and Dad," Cyn said as she held Kim in her arms, 'flying' her around the room.

I wondered how anyone could carry on a serious conversation while doing something like that, but here we are.

"I did tell you. You looked radiant."

"Yeah, I know. It apparently showed."

"So ... what did they say?"

"That I should wait a little longer to get married."

It was a good thing she had Kim in her hands and not me. Then I noticed her look, and I shook my head.

"Well, it was something like that," Cyn said with a grin.

"So, if I asked you tonight?"

Cyn stopped, mid flight, and walked over to me.

"Don't. We're not ready."

"I know. I was teasing you, just like you were teasing me. Remember how that felt, because it tugs at me, just as much."

"Sorry," she said. Then she smiled and added, "Make-up sex?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"My dad actually asked me if that's what we had."

"Oh my God! You're kidding me!"

"No, it was pretty funny. Mom got pissed at him for asking."

"I bet."

"But it's not a bad idea."

"I think we'd have to have a fight before we could do that. I'm not..."

I hadn't noticed that she'd put Kim down, and had picked up a pillow. I got it right in the face. It was one of those moments when you don't know whether to laugh or get involved. I decided to 'get involved', when Cyn tried to take another swing at me.

When I dove at her, she shrieked and jumped away. At that point, the chase was on. Over the couch, and across the room. I cornered her in the kitchen; but she faked to the right, and dove off to the left. She was a few years younger, and in better shape than I was. I caught up with her in the living room, again. This time I got hold of her leg. She fell down and yelled.

That ended everything. Kim got upset and started to cry. Cyn jumped up, and then picked Kim up. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes to settle her back down. I went to look at what Brian was up to, as he hadn't made a peep during all of this. I walked into the room where he had been playing. The smell, combined with the grin on his face, told me exactly what he'd been doing; and what needed to be done, now.

"Brian needs changing," I called down, as I headed upstairs with him.

Cyn showed up with Kim, moments later. She stepped into, and then back out of, the room.

"I'm glad I picked up Kim, and you got Brian," she said with a laugh.


"I'm glad you're home," Teri said to her daughter when she walked in the door.

"Did you think I was going to spend the night?" Cyn retorted and then sighed when she saw the expression on her mother's face. "I was just kidding. Didn't you listen to me this afternoon?"

"Change is hard, Cynthia. You will find that out, soon enough. Plus your brother may have had his mind on..."

"Alisa," Cyn added.

"Yes. So he no doubt didn't notice, but he will. It is plastered all over your face."

"I'll talk with him."

"That's not what I was suggesting."

"It's my issue, and he needs to hear it from me."

Teri looked at her daughter for a moment, wondering how to delicately say she didn't want her son to hear something that could be construed as encouragement.

Cyn had seen that look before, so she said, "Mom, he should hear it from me. Why I waited as long as I did, and how special it is when it's right. Believe me, it will mean a lot more when I say it."

It was unsettling. Where was her little girl?

"Besides," Cyn added, breaking Teri's thoughts, "you don't want Dad to add his cute little comments into the conversation, do you?"

Teri snorted as she tried to hold in a laugh.

"That isn't very funny young lady," she replied with a grin on her face. "'Make-up sex', indeed! I still can't believe he said that."

"Brad thought it was hilarious."

"You didn't!"

"Of course I did. Mom..."

"Fine," Teri said curtly, wanting to stop that conversation. It was just a bit too embarrassing. "Now, your brother is due home in about half an hour ... I hope. Dad and I have plans for dinner. We're going to the Smith's, so you two will have to fend for yourselves."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.