Dudley's Dilemma
Chapter 34: The Hard Decision

 

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 34: The Hard Decision - Taking up the life of Luna Lovegood and Duddley Dursley from the Harry Potter series and trying to develop a tale thaty will continue the saga. There will be erotic contact as we see how the characters develop, so if this offends do not read

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

When they had moved out of earshot of the others, Harry said to them.

"If you manage to trace this guy to his guy to his base," he said, "remember you have four wizards here. One of them used to be head of our Auror department which is our elite police force and I myself am currently a member of that force.

All of us can get to where he is located, much faster than any of your units and we can keep a watching brief on him and can perhaps do something about him especially if he does not have a wand."

Dudley thought about this for a moment or two and then said,

"You are right, this is a joint operation and I will keep you posted."

"Good," said Harry, "I will let Kingsley know, As Minister for Magic, he is our head of our operations here"

They moved back to the main group and Harry moved over to where Kingsley was and signed to Luna and Justin to join them. He quietly briefed them on what Dudley had said, and prepared them for any action they might be required to take. While Harry was doing this, Dudley moved over to where the couple who had given them information about the car and its number plate were waiting.

They had been asked to stay so that they could give a full statement when there was time to take one from them. They had been happy to do this for they were at the centre of a major police hunt and had a grandstand view of the operation.

Dudley now took them aside and spoke to them.

"I am Inspector Dudley Dursley," he told them. "I am in charge of this case. The child that this rapist tried to abduct is my daughter and I am extremely grateful to you for the information you have given us about the van. I don't know if you know this or not, but there is a substantial reward for anyone giving information that leads to the arrest of this man and several people, including yourselves are now in for a share of this. So I ask you to be patient. Other police officers will be arriving shortly and they will take a statement from you and then you can go. We will arrange for a lift home if that is necessary."

The man and woman looked at him in delighted amazement.

"We had forgotten there was a price on this guy's head," the man said with a smile. "But we are not worried about the time we have been here. It has been fascinating to watch you all at work. We only live round the corner and were out visiting near neighbours in a house just a two blocks down this road. we were on our way home when all this happened around us. We were too late to see him attempt to kidnap your daughter. We just came on the scene as the dog knocked the man down and were offering to help him, but he just pushed as aside and then ran for his van. I thought that was very suspicious so it took its number."

"I am very glad you did," Dudley told him. "This is the closest we have come to catching him."

"I don't know how your people got here so fast," the woman said, "but you just missed him. His car had just turned that corner down there when the first of your people arrived."

To cover up what the wizards had done, Dudley told them.

"We had received a late tip off that this was likely to happen, "Dudley said, "and we had people on the way to the scene before anything took place. It was a pity we were just that minute or two too late or we might have apprehended him."

"It was a close run thing," the man said. "If we had known what was going on we might have been able to delay him."

"I am just grateful you did not know," Dudley told him, "He has already murdered three young girls and is a very dangerous man. I think you would have been in grave danger if you had tried to tackle him. Now I have to get back to oversee what is going on. I will get someone to you soon."

When Dudley got back to the group the officer in the patrol car said,

"He is turning into an industrial estate and our car is hanging well back. He hopes if he loses him he will be able to see where the van is parked."

A moment or two later the radio car received another message and the driver spoke again to Dudley

"He is stopping outside an industrial unit sir, our officers have driven on past and are going to stop round the next corner and wait for instructions," he told them.

"Get him to give us the location." Dudley said, "And we will get an armed response unit there as soon as possible."

When Dudley was told the location he got Vicky to take care of arranging the police action and then went over to Kingsley and gave him the information. Kingsley took the other three aside and told them what he planned to do.

"Luna," he said "I think you should stay with Petunia. I think that brave little girl needs her mother with her right now. Three of us are enough to take care of what needs to be done right now."

Luna agreed with him, and Harry, Justin and Kingsley walked into the school playground. When they were out of sight they disapparated to the location they had been given. Harry, Kingsley, and Justin maintained a discrete watch on the warehouse. Kingsley said,

"If we were sure he did not have another wand it would be child's play to take him now."

"Yes, it would," said Harry, "but have you thought of the ramifications which might follow."

"What do you mean?"Asked Kingsley.

"Well for one thing there is the jurisdiction under which he is going to be tried. If he is tried in a muggle court this is going to blow a big hole in our Statute of Secrecy, for he will tell them that he is a wizard. Now there are those in the media who will play this up big and all sorts of questions will be asked."

"I suggested to the prime minister that they would be better letting us try him and he seemed to think that was the best answer to that problem."

"In theory it would be," said Harry, "but how are we going to manage it. By the time the police arrive and their armed response unit is in place this is going to be all over the Muggle news. It will be splashed on TV and on the front pages of their News Papers. How is the prime minister going to be able to explain the absence of a trial in his domain? He can't very well explain to people that he is going to be tried and convicted elsewhere without blowing the Statute of Secrecy wide open."

"You have a point," Kingsley agreed. "I should have given this more thought. But for a time the investigation was not making much headway and I had a feeling that we would have time to deal with this. His being exposed like this is going to be a big headache."

Justin said, "We can't very well let him escape to give us more time. That would embarrass the police, put Dudley and his family in danger and cause more problems than it would solve."

"I agree," Kingsley said ruefully, "that is not an option."

"I am an Auror, and unofficially I am on this case. But whether I was officially on the case or not, in a situation like this my department would expect me to act to deal with a dark wizard who was hazarding, not merely our own community, but also that of the Muggles," said Harry.

"As a former member of that department," Kingsley said, "I agree with your assessment of the situation, but it does not solve the question of how we avoid all the publicity involved."

"There is one sense in which it does Minister," Harry told him, deliberately using Kingsley's title and emphasising his current role as Minister for Magic.

"It means you have to stay out of the one solution that would make any trial or embarrassment to any party unlikely. Even if you know what I am alluding to, don't even mention it. You need to maintain your plausibility of being able to deny knowing why events turned out the way they did." Harry told him.

Justin looked puzzled by the turn the conversation had taken and wondered what Harry was talking about. Kingsley on the other hand looked at Harry and said,

"If you see a solution to this problem, then in the light of what you have just said, I am not going to ask you how you will achieve it. I certainly can't sanction it but then what I don't know, I can't speak about." Kingsley told him.

"Good," said Harry, "Then for now we just wait until the situation develops a bit further."

It was not long before several police cars arrived in the area and began to station themselves in various positions which would cut off the van's escape.

Harry turned to Kingsley and said, "I am going in now, because if he has a wand he could disapparate and we don't want that to happen."

Before anyone could speak he turned on the spot and there was a loud crack as he disapparated.

What is he up to?" Justin asked Kingsley

"I am not certain," Kingsley replied, "But I don't want to know, and you don't want to know either. Furthermore Justin, as Minister for Magic I am asking you to forget you ever heard the last conversation between me and Harry. As far as we are concerned, it never took place."

Justin looked at minister with a serious expression on his face, and then said,

"What conversation, minister? I never heard a thing, so I don't know what Harry could possibly be doing."

"Good man," said Kingsley. "My feeling about this is. that the fewer people who know what is actually going to happen if Harry's plan works, then so much the better for all concerned."

Vicky and Dudley were organising the police response to make sure their rapist did not escape by using the men from their own station to completely surround him and ensure he had no chance of getting away. At the sound of the loud crack several of his men threw themselves to the ground suspecting that the suspect had fired at them. But when nothing else happened they picked themselves up and resumed their positions around the building.

Harry suddenly appeared inside the warehouse, just as Marcus had found his mother's wand which he had previously stored there. He heard the crack and wheeled around ready to curse the wizard who appeared but Harry had already drawn his wand and cried "Expelliamus," and the wand flew from Dolohov's hand before he could utter the first words of the Avada Kedavra curse he had intended.

Harry smiled at Dolohov and said,

"Now isn't this a sad mess for a dark wizard to be in. Foiled and trapped because he was outsmarted by a nine year old witch"

"Fuck you," said Dolohov. "You are in as big a predicament as me. You cannot just hand me over to the Muggle police or it will show the fact of our existence to the world. There are not only lots of police out there but television crews will be on the scene and newspaper reporters, and the modification of memory squads cannot alter the memories of a whole population."

"Oh! I have no intention of handing you over to the Muggle police," Harry told him. "I have other plans for you. You see that nine year old witch you tried to abduct today, just happens to be my niece. Her grandmother was my aunt so that is the second generation in a row that my Muggle family has produced a witch. So you see I am not going to take too kindly to you trying to harm her"

"So what are you going to do about it," Dolohov asked sneeringly. "Aurors are not allowed to use illegal curses unless they are in extreme danger. You have just disarmed me. Even against the Dark Lord when it was life and death you did not use anything but that same pathetic spell which use against me just now. Goody two shoes Harry Potter doesn't use nasty curses like Avada Kedavra on people."

"You are right," said Harry, "I am not going to use the Avada Kedavra curse on you. That would be too quick and leave certain problems like how to explain your death. So that still leaves me two options the cruciatus curse and the Imperius curse. I should also tell you that I learnt quite a bit from your death eater friends when they were trying to kill me. I once used the cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Le Strange after she had killed my God father. But she threw it off and screamed at me that I had to mean it to make it stick."

He looked hard at Dolohov and then continued

"So the next time I used it was against a death eater at Hogwarts who spat in Professor McGonagall's face, I was angry enough to mean it, and you know it worked just fine on that occasion. You have just endangered the life of a member of my family and her death would have brought pain and misery to one of my best friends and my cousin. Add to that I detest you for what you did to those three young girls you raped and murdered. To say I hate you right now would be an understatement, so believe me, when I curse you I am going to really mean it."

"You won't use the cruciatus curse against me," Dolohov sneered. You haven't the guts to torture me to insanity, like Bella did to your two colleagues all these years ago."

"You are probably right again," Harry told him calmly. "I am going to ise Imperious Curse on you."

"The soft option again Potter," jeered Dolohov. "Make me confess and at the same time preserve your secrets. Well let me tell you, the Imperius curse can be fought. And all the time I am in prison I will fight it, and if I manage to break it I will expose what you have done and what I am. Then everybody will know that wizards and witches exist."

"Oh I am not going to make you confess, Marcus," Harry said with a cruel smile. "I am going to do the opposite. The police have sent for an armed response unit, since they think you may be armed and dangerous. So when I Imperious you I am going to instruct you to escape and I am going to order you not to stop for anything. Then when you make your break, I am going to disapparate out of here and the crack this makes will sound very like a gunshot. The police will respond to that with shots of their own, and believe me when I tell you this, they will be shooting to kill, they probably hate what you have done as much as I do and they probably think prison is too good for you. Neat isn't it and no explanations needed since there will be no trial to feed the media." Harry finished.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.