Somewhere in Time - A Trip to Waco - Cover

Somewhere in Time - A Trip to Waco

Copyright© 2010 by MattHHelm

Book 2, Chapter 6

Time Travel Sex Story: Book 2, Chapter 6 - Waite Phillips lost his job and goes home to his ranch. He spends the night under the stars. When he wakes up, everything is changed. He returns home to Waco with a bevy of beautiful traveling companions. One thing's wrong. The year. It's 1873! BOOK 2 The Malone family discovers everything in their world has changed. For one thing it’s now 1874. BOOK 3 1876 and young David Morgan leaves San Francisco headed east. Look out Waco, here he comes! 2013 Cliteride Winner - Erotic Western category.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Time Travel   Western   BBW  

They trotted off towards the woods. Andy showed his father where they had entered the woods. He'd thought to mark the trail with his knife, so it was easy to find. They came to the clearing and Bob was appalled at the mess. He signaled Andrew to circle around to the left and he'd go right, towards the back of the wagon.

He'd just eased passed the edge of the big wagon, when something crashed down on his head. He saw stars, momentarily, just before everything went black.

A short time later, Bob woke up. His head hurt like crazy. The highwayman was standing about six feet away. Bob tried to move but couldn't. His feet were bound together, and his hands were tied to the wagon's wheel.

There was the body of another young man slumped against the other wheel. His lifeless eyes stared at the sun. His mouth was open, and there was a red splotch on the middle of his shirt.

Bob wondered what time it was, and where Andy was. Had Rob and Dana started the wagon ruse, yet? He didn't hear any shooting.

"Well, lookie, lookie. The sneak is awake. I heard ya when you was sneakin' in the woods. Ya came back, an I was ready fer ya," The crook gloated. Just about then, there began some gunfire off through the woods.

'The wagon, ' Bob thought. 'God help them, 'cause I can't.'

The crook had turned towards the sound of the shooting. Suddenly, he grabbed his chest. He looked at his bloody hands and died as he stood. He toppled over, dropping his rifle under him as he fell. As he fell, Bob saw Andy standing about twenty yards behind where the man was. The shooting had been just enough to distract the man.

Andy rushed to his father, and cut him free. They had to hurry or their plan would fail. Bob retrieved his weapons, and they cautiously headed toward the sound of gunfire. He staggered, and held on to a tree as the world reeled.

They made it about a hundred yards into the woods when they came upon the first of the bushwhackers. He was a tall skinny man firing an old rifle toward where the wagon was stopped. Bob's eyes flared red with anger as he pumped two shells into the man's back. He had no qualms about backshooting the bastard.

Andy and Bob moved forward, keeping under cover. The next two shooters came into view. Short and fat was on the left and what appeared to be a half breed was on the right. Using hand signals, Bob had Andrew move right and indicated they would shoot on his countdown. When they were positioned Bob started and five count with his hand. When he got to 'two', his hand went to the Winchester and they both kept the silent count. Almost as one, the two weapons discharged, propelling their deadly message into the bodies of the bandits ahead.

By now, the other two men realized they didn't have their backup, and that they were now caught in a crossfire. One turned to shoot back at Bob and Andrew while the other kept his assault on the wagon. They finally came to the conclusion that their cause was lost and they called to surrender.

Bob called out to them to throw their weapons out onto the road. At the same time he indicated through hand signs for Andrew to move more to the right. Keeping an eye on the bandits, Andy shifted position so he was about thirty yards over, giving the family a three way crossfire, just in case.

"Shoot to maim, just in case," Bob shouted to the others. "You two, stand up with your hands in the air. Don't be stupid. If you get stupid, you will die."

"Don't shoot, mister," one of them said. "You got us dead to rights."

"Stand where you are, now," Bob demanded. "I'll come to you. Keep them covered, boys."

Bob came out to where they'd dropped their weapons. He collected them and placed the handguns on a handy rock and leaned their rifles against a handy tree. He placed his own Winchester there, too, and stepped forward.

He got to about five feet from the taller of the men when the man whirled, pulling a knife. A quarter of a second later, the man was lying on the ground, writhing in pain. When that happened, the other man took off at a run.

From his position on the wagon, Rob had a perfect shot. By the looks of it, the man's hip was shattered by the blast of Rob's gun. He was also peppered with shot as Jackie let loose with the shotgun.

"Must be you chose stupid," Bob remarked as he looked down on the wounded man. He wasn't about to go anywhere, gut shot like that.

"Now you get to answer questions, since you weren't courteous enough to die," Bob chided the man. "Just what do you think you were going to accomplish with your little ambush?"

"Get the pilgrims, we was told. Kill 'em, rape 'em ... whatever we wanted, just stop the pilgrims," the man moaned.

"I got that part, the question is, why?"

"Keep the pilgrims from over running the fields. Makes fer more gold fer the bosses. Get me some help, I hurt bad."

"Who are the bosses?" Bob asked, ignoring the man's plea.

"Dunno. That was Henry's bailiwick. He took care of that, and just gave us the orders."

"Okay, then where's Henry?" Bob responded to the dying man's statement.

"He was back at the wagon with the two pilgrims we captured this morning."

"Two?" Bob asked. He'd seen the man tied to the wagon wheel. There must have been one other.

"Andy!" Bob shouted. "The wagon. Another hostage. Hurry."

Andy took off at the run. As he ran he heard two shots together and a single follow up. That was the signal for the rest of the family to move ahead. He just passed the last of the dead highwaymen when he burst back into the clearing. He examined the body of the bandit he'd shot. Stone cold dead.

He surveyed the campsite, and then started a careful examination. He was looking for a body on the fringes of the campsite. Then he heard a moan coming from the wagon. Slowly and carefully, he stalked the wagon. He got to the rear corner and peeked in. He was appalled at what he observed.

Lying on the floor of the wagon was a young girl. It was obvious to Andy that the girl had been brutally raped. She was naked from the waist down, and there was blood smeared down her legs.

Andy slowly entered the wagon. He picked up a discarded blanket as he crooned soothingly to the girl. He covered her nakedness and gently held her head. She was crying softly and he did his best to comfort her. A couple minutes later, Jackie and Stephanie appeared at the wagon. They came into the wagon, and sent Andrew out. Shortly, his mom entered the clearing. She took charge. She assigned Andy the task of cleaning up the camp area.

Andy found a shovel on the ground, went over to the far side of the clearing, and started to dig. The grave would be for the hostage. The bandit would be dragged off into the woods. There he would be stripped, and gutted, to make it easier to for the animals to dispose of him.

Everyone else except Bob had joined the first group in the clearing. They busied themselves collecting the goods that had been scattered around the campsite. Rob brought a second shovel from their wagon and helped Andrew with the grave.

Vanessa found a clean sheet but handed it over to Rebecca and Dana to wrap the body. It was too soon for her to participate in the burial. Dana cleaned the blood from the man's head as much as she could. Jackie found a shirt and Dana dressed the body. She then wrapped it up papoose style, wrapping the top triangle over his head.

Bob returned from the roadway, having moved the mortally wounded men off the road and into the trees. He tied them to a large tree. He told them he'd be back. Dana helped him carry the body over to the freshly dug grave that Andrew and Rob had just finished digging.

She climbed into the wagon again. She told the girl it was time to bury the dead. She had told the girl earlier about the death, and the young woman was ready. Jackie had found a new dress for her and Stephanie and Jackie washed her up. All the Malone women helped her down from the wagon.

The men were already at the grave standing next to the body of the dead man. Dana escorted the girl to the grave with the rest of the clan following a short distance behind. They joined the men, and Andy was standing next to the girl. She gave him a feeble smile, tears streaking down her cheek.

Bob started speaking, remembering the words spoken at an army buddy's funeral, last month, a hundred and twenty seven years from now. When he was finished, the men gently lowered the body into the grave. Rebecca handed the girl some flowers that she had found nearby and the girl threw them in the grave.

She then collapsed against Andrew. He put his arms around her and guided her back to the wagon where there was a tree log that they could sit on. They sat a long time. Eventually, Andrew felt her relax and slump into him. She must have fallen asleep.

Andy moved a little and shifted her until she was partially reclining. He held her torso and head on his lap and chest and took a good look at the girl. It was easy to see she was a pretty little thing, with a turned up nose and full lips. Her face was a little oblong and her hair like corn silk.

He'd already noticed her eyes were the clearest blue he'd ever seen, although now they were closed. He guessed she was about his age, her youth apparent in her face. He watched her as she slept. Her chest rose and fell and he noticed she had a nice shape under her dress. Involuntarily, he became erect as he watched and held her. He was still watching her as her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh," she said. "It's you."

"Yes," he replied.

"Thank you for rescuing me," she purred. "You are so brave. I peeked out of the wagon just in time to see you kill that, that..."

She paused as a sob caused her to shudder. He held her close and she settled down again in a moment.

"You killed the man that raped me and shot my brother. He waited so my brother could hear what he was doing to me. David hollered and threatened the man even though he was powerless to help me. The man laughed as he took me. David was hollering, but nothing would sway the man. When he finished with me he left the wagon. It wasn't long before I heard a shot, and didn't hear David any more."

She had repositioned herself against him so that her torso was turned toward him. She snuggled close, her breasts pressing into his side. She stretched up and kissed him on the cheek. Then she reached her hand up and turned his head towards her. She then used her hand to pull his head towards her. Their lips met. For Andy, sparks flew. He kissed back. He was definitely getting excited.

Dana was watching from a distance. She knew that the girl was still in shock and mourning for her brother. Post traumatic stress syndrome manifests in many ways. Before it went further, Dana called out for everyone to gather at the wagon. Reluctantly, Andrew broke away and helped the girl to the wagon. When everyone was gathered, Dana asked the girl if she felt like introducing herself.

A bit bashfully, she belatedly introduced herself.

"My name in Mindy Lipton. My brother David and I were traveling to the homestead that father had staked out. Just before we left, we were informed that he had been killed by Indians and that we needed to get to the claim. Now, I guess we'll just abandon it. I'll try to go back home to Liberty Missouri and figure out how I'm going to survive. Oh, I do want to thank you so much for saving me, especially you, Andy," She reached for him and he let her hold on to him again.

"You are welcome to travel with us," Dana said. "Tell me child, how old are you?"

"Well, ma'am, I turned thirteen the twenty-fourth of March, this year. I finished sixth grade at the Liberty school last year, and I can sew and cook and clean game. Our ma died when I was five, and the Widow McFee taught me about the house. Pa's farm was real good in Liberty and he could afford to have Nanny help out. I learned a lot, and learned it good, too," she said with pride in her voice. "I will make someone an excellent bride. That's what Nanny says."

She looked right at Andrew when she said that. He blushed bright red, from his ears to his chest, but he didn't say anything.

'She likes me, ' he thought. 'She's pretty and seems to be smart. She's had as almost as much school as me. She's confident and she's cute and she's ... wait, I already said she's pretty. She's a good kisser, and she likes me. Oh, yeah, I said that, too. She's built kinda nice and she's ... well she's ... Dang, I really like her. But what would mom say if she could see the woody that Mindy gave me when she kissed me.'

Andy put his arm around Mindy, and pulled her in close, protectively. He decided that he'd found a wife, she just didn't know it yet. The way she was acting toward him, it wouldn't take much persuasion to make her his own. His mother just looked on, and figured she'd have another daughter-in-law soon. Observing the girl, she decided that Andy could do a lot worse.

As the wagon train continued on towards the Southeast over the next few weeks, she saw that love was blossoming between Andy and Mindy. The girl had put her trauma behind her. Life was hard in this time, and there wasn't much chance for pity parties.

Mindy joined in with the rest of the family. She was, as promised, an excellent cook. When fresh game was brought to camp, she was right there to clean and prepare it. What she cooked, the whole family enjoyed. Her culinary skills were as good as they came.

In another week, the wagon train was within forty miles of North Platte, Nebraska. They'd found a major wagon train trail, and had been following it for a while.

"Strangers ahead, Dad," Rob called back from the lead wagon as he reined in the mules.

Bob called back to Andy in the third wagon to pull to the left so he could see ahead and to stop behind the Conestoga. Bob told Vanessa to get her greener ready, and take a position under Rob's seat. Rob already had his Colt in hand. He'd inherited the nice Colt from the last group of bandits. Rebecca was in his wagon, too. She had her Henry ready.

Dana was beside Bob on the seat of the Conestoga. He pulled the wagon to a stop so it was offset to the left of the lead wagon. Both Dana and Bob had perfect alignment with the road ahead. Jackie was under the seat with her Henry. Dana had a greener at her side and a Paterson hidden in her skirt. Bob was ready with his fast draw rig and the matched Colts. Beside him rested his Sharps. In the third wagon Andrew and Mindy were prepared. Stephanie was riding with them and she had the other greener, the one that was in Mindy's wagon. Mindy held a Paterson and Andy had his fast draw rig and one of the Sharps carbines.

The two men rode nice looking horses, and made no move that would indicate they were hostile. They noticed that the wagons had stopped but continued to walk their horses toward the wagon train. They stopped their horses about ten yards from the first wagon.

The man in front was dressed in black, and the tack for his horse matched his dress. He had a thin mustache and as he turned his horse sideways, Bob noticed a silver chess knight silhouetted on the man's holster. He dismounted his horse and started forward on foot. Bob got down, whispering to Dana to be on the lookout as he moved off the seat. The man and Bob met beside Rob's wagon.

"Hello," the stranger greeted them.

"Hello, yourself," Bob responded congenially. "Who are you, and what can we do for you, today?"

"My card, Sir," he said, as he handed Bob a business card.

It read:

Have Gun, Will Travel
Wire Paladin
San Francisco

A Chess knight was printed in the center of the card.

Bob stared at the card in disbelief. It couldn't be.

"Is this for real?" he asked.

"Why, yes, of course," he replied. "I am called Paladin."

"And your gun is for hire?" Dana asked as she walked up to join Bob.

"Ma'am," he said as he tipped his hat. "Yes, I do have certain skills that some people require. Those skills come at a price. Now, may I ask you folks a question or two?"

Yes, you may, Mr. Paladin," Dana said. "What can we help you with?"

"Mr. Dawson, my charge back there," he began, "has just come from England. I am escorting him west, from The Mississippi to Denver. He has never seen a wagon train, before, and wants to experience one."

"That's all well and good, Mr. Paladin, but we are going in the opposite directions," Rob put in from his seat on the wagon. "I don't see how we could be of any help."

"Mr. Dawson has agreed that we could ride along with you for the rest of the day, camp with you overnight, and continue on our way in the morning," Paladin said. "Provided it is all right with your missus, and the rest of your group."

He had directed his comment at Bob, assuming him to be the leader of the group. He was certainly astute in that regard. He only missed it by gender.

Dana replied to him, "Yes, Mr. Paladin that would be acceptable to us. You seem like the trustworthy type, and Mr. Dawson does look a little out of place on that horse. We could let him ride with my son and his bride. They could teach him how to drive a team, and acquaint him with life on the move. But what about you? Would you like to ride also?"

"No, Ma'am. I'm accustomed to the saddle," he said with a smile, "but thank you all the same. Now, shall we get going?"

"Actually, we were looking for a place to rest, and cook the noon meal," she told him.

"We just passed a stream, and an area where you could circle the wagons. It is about a mile up the road. It has some nice trees, and plenty of grass for your stock. It won't take long for us to return there."

They decided to take him up on his suggestion, and they moved out. Twenty minutes later, they had circled the wagons on a pasture. Everyone took a turn at watering the stock, even Mr. Dawson and Paladin. Once they all were watered, the women began making lunch. Andy and Mindy had already gathered wood for a cook fire. It was easy for Andy to outdo himself, with Mindy's compliments. Dana and Jackie were conferring on what to have when a gunshot rang through the air.

Everyone scrambled to get their weapons. Bob had taken up the Sharps and had just stepped out of the wagon circle when he spotted Paladin coming towards the wagon, carrying his rifle. He was not hurrying, so Bob relaxed a bit. As he neared, Bob noticed Paladin was dragging something.

Once he came closer, it was apparent that Paladin had shot a small deer. He dragged it into the circle. The family had relaxed a bit, and when they saw what Paladin had, they smiled.

Mindy jumped up and hurried over to him, relieving him from his burden. Andy belatedly rushed to help. The two of them had it bled, gutted, stripped of its hide, and roasting over the fire so quickly, that it seemed like they had performed magic.

Mindy directed to cooking of the meat, and Dana took care of the rest of the meal. Mindy showed the other girls how to pack and wrap the rest of the carcass, to protect the meat as best as it could be. They would have to cook the rest of the meat ... or smoke it ... before tomorrow night, or it would spoil. They decided they'd smoke it tonight when they made camp.

She told Bob she knew how to make a travel smoker, so they wouldn't waste the meat. They ate their noon meal and were ready to continue on the trail with their visitors. They headed out around one PM.

As Paladin suggested, they stopped at a campsite he'd found that was about ten miles out of North Platte. There was good water, and good grazing for the stock. Rob and Bob set up pickets, while the girls took turns watering the stock. The riding stock was herded into a clearing in a grove of trees. Using their lariats, they made a rope corral. Since the horses were hobbled, they wouldn't present a problem unless a wild animal decided to disturb them.

Mindy had Andrew build two fires, while the rest of the stock was being taken care of. One fire was off a ways, near the creek. She had him cut some three inch saplings. When he had eight poles, about twelve feet long, she directed him to tie them together in a bundle, about two feet from one end. Then she helped him stand them up. He immediately recognized that they were making a Tipi. She went to her wagon. From one of the crates, she fetched a large canvas tarpaulin. With Andy's help, she wrapped the frame with the canvas covering.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.