Somewhere in Time - A Trip to Waco
Book 2, Chapter 1

Copyright© 2010 by MattHHelm

Time Travel Sex Story: Book 2, Chapter 1 - Waite Phillips lost his job and goes home to his ranch. He spends the night under the stars. When he wakes up, everything is changed. He returns home to Waco with a bevy of beautiful traveling companions. One thing's wrong. The year. It's 1873! BOOK 2 The Malone family discovers everything in their world has changed. For one thing it’s now 1874. BOOK 3 1876 and young David Morgan leaves San Francisco headed east. Look out Waco, here he comes! 2013 Cliteride Winner - Erotic Western category.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Time Travel   Western   BBW  

Bob hollered out to the family as he entered the house one Friday evening, "Family meeting in five minutes, in the den. Everyone is required to attend!"

He strode purposefully into the kitchen where Dana was busy at work making dinner. He wrapped his arms around her small frame, and lifted her high off the ground as he nuzzled her neck, kissing here and there. Dana struggled to get free, to no avail. The truth be told, she didn't struggle very hard. He put her down lightly. She quickly turned, jumped up on him, wrapping her legs around his waist as her arms encircled his neck. She planted her lips on his, giving as good as she got.

"Ahem! 'Get a room', you two," came the voice of their eldest daughter, Stephanie. "The five minutes are nearly up, and we are all in the den waiting on you two lovebirds."

"Okay, okay, we're coming," Bob told her.

Dana slid down and took his hand. After all this time they still enjoyed each other's company enough to hold hands as often as they could. The family had all assembled in the family room, which Bob called 'the den'.

As usual, Andrew was playing War Games on his IBM 286AT computer. He had begun working on programming for the machine, mostly games. He had decided to be a computer game designer. He had an idea for a game with graphics that could be played with multiple computers. He was stymied on the code but he knew that it could be done. Intuitively he knew there must be a way to link computers together. Perhaps by telephone, he'd thought. After all, that's an electronic signal, too. He'd have to put a lot more though into it. His friend, Bruce Carter had a Macintosh 128K machine and it had some great graphics. He was sure he could figure out a way to get the AT to work graphics like that. He had pre-ordered Window 1 for his computer. It was going to be issued November 20th by Microsoft. All the reading he'd done compared it to the Macintosh OS. He couldn't wait.

Bob told him to shut it down for the meeting, and he grudgingly turned off the computer. With the girls on the couch, and Rob in the recliner, Andrew got stuck in his least favorite chair, the straight back Queen Anne side chair. Oh well, hopefully this meeting would be short, and he could go back to the gaming chair.

"Well, what's up, Daddy?" Rebecca asked.

Not that she was interested or anything. She usually skipped meetings like this. She couldn't get out of it this time, because it was a surprise, not a carefully planned event that she could finagle her way out of.

"The good news is, I just topped last year's accounts, and it's only May! I'll be getting an extremely large quarterly bonus check to go along with that," he said excitedly.

"Oh, wow, Dad" Rob interjected, "that's great. What are we going to do with it?"

Rob knew from past experience when his dad got a good bonus check, the family would get something special. Usually it turned out to be something the whole family liked (except for "the Queen").

There was a sparkle in Bob's eyes as he paused a moment, letting the suspense build. He looked at each family member, scanning around the room to each face. Even Rebecca was looking interested in what he was about to say.

"We are getting a fully loaded RV, to use for the summer. I've made arrangements with Mr. Tate to take some time off. Larry isn't too happy about it, but I'm doing it. I haven't taken any time off in three years, so ... We're going out west! We'll use the RV as a base camp for exploring the Rockies and the Grand Tetons!"

Everyone excitedly began asking questions at the same time. Even Rebecca seemed interested. Dana excused herself for a few moments, to check on the dinner.

She quickly returned, not wanting to miss out on any of the details. She suggested they all go to the kitchen and serve up dinner while they discussed plans for the trip. With that pronouncement, the family meeting adjourned to the kitchen nook, where they all settled down to a meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, corn on the cob, peaches and salads. Fridays had been their traditional meatloaf night, since Bob and Dana had first been married. It was all Dana had known how to make at the time.

Thankfully, they were spared the pineapple upside down cake. On their first date, Dana had fixed Bob dinner. She made meat loaf. She was attempting to impress him, and so she also made a pineapple upside down cake. It caught fire in the oven. Flames were shooting out, everywhere! Bob had never let her live that fiasco down. She took the ribbing good-naturedly, though.

"Here's the plan. We'll start the week after school is out. I figure we should go through the U.P. We'll hit Lake Superior around Grand Marais, and camp at Grandpa's old hunting camp. No swimming, though. The water will still be frigid, even though it will be June," Bob began. "Then we'll head for the Black Hills of South Dakota. It would be good to spend some time at the Custer State Park. We can stay at one of the campgrounds and even ride into the French Creek Natural Area. We can see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, and the largest Bison herd, all at the same time."

"Cool" responded Andrew. "We studied about some of that in Social Studies, this semester."

"I figure while we're in South Dakota, we can attend the Deadwood Fast Draw contest, too. We've got three competitors, and this year we can include Andrew in the Youth Division. I'm sure he will place well," Bob informed them. "This year would be a good time to get Stephanie and Rebecca into it, also. The neighboring muzzleloader match is just up your alley, Jacquelyn. That .54 caliber Hawken rifle we got for you, would be just perfect for the novice division shoot. With its accuracy and your analytical mind, you ought to outperform just about all challengers."

"Honey," Dana said. "I'd like to suggest we take all our weapons along. For you, your .45 LC double rig, and the Winchester. For me, the .44-40 Peacemaker, and the .44 Henry. Rob can take the Paterson .36 set, and the Yellow Boy carbine. We'll need to get Stephanie and Rebecca 'Annie Oakley' sets, with the .32 caliber Smith & Wesson Pocket Revolver. The EMF Colt Sheriff's model we already have, will work for Andrew. Jackie will have to do without unless we get another Paterson in black powder. I realize that the Pocket revolvers and the EMF are black powder, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. We have plenty of Pyrodex."

"Good ideas," he responded. "We'll take along the reloading supplies, too. It will give the Andrew and the girls something to do in the evenings. There are several 'gathers' in Colorado in late June that we could attend, also. I think I'll take the Paterson .36's, the Colt Army model, and the .58 caliber flintlock, too."

The conversation got exciting as all the kids got into the idea of the vacation. Suggestions were flying from all quarters as the excitement grew. Rob had read about a mountain camp and trail ride in northern Wyoming that sounded cool. Andy added his vote to the proposal. As the evening wore on, it was becoming obvious that the family would have a busy vacation, packing as many experiences in as they could, in the short time available.

"You know, since everyone is so enthused by the vacation, I'm going to extend the time. I've got more than two months of vacation time banked, and I'm going to take a full month, maybe more. We'll rent the biggest RV we can find, so we'll have room to take all the things we want. We'll use it as a base camp for our activities in the Black Hills, and in the Rocky and Grand Teton ranges. We might as well take in the usual sight seeing stuff. I'd like to see Yellowstone, again. The last time I was there, Quake Lake wasn't. Two weeks after we left, the earthquake hit, and formed the lake. It was a totally dry 'four-way stop' intersection, when we were there."

"Yeah, I did a report for Social Studies about that," Stephanie said. "If I remember it right, it was in 1959. It would be neat if you remembered enough to show us the differences."

"That was a long time ago, honey. I doubt I could remember much. But we'll take a look. Now then, since we have more time, what else should be taking a look at?"

He was bombarded with suggestions. The Grand Canyon was brought up, as was Lake Mead. Rebecca wanted to see Meteor Crater in Arizona. She said it looked neat in the movie Star Man. Dana suggested the Petrified Forest. Andy came up with White Sands. He'd been studying about the US nuclear research facility in Science. The discussion continued for a long time and Dana's notes extended onto three pages. They would need to do some cutting and/or judicious planning. However, most of the ideas were within reason. They would be able to have a great trip and it looked like everyone's ideas would be used.

"Hey" Jackie interrupted "What about Sir Barksalot? We can't take him."

"You're right, pumpkin, we'll leave him at the kennel," Bob replied.

"Aww, that's cruel and unusual punishment," Rebecca responded. "I know, why don't I ask Tabitha if she would watch him while we're gone?"

"Tabitha?" Bob asked?

"Stevens. You know ... They moved in across the street from that busybody, Gladys Kravitz's place."

"That's a good idea, sweetie," Dana said. "We could pay her what we'd pay the kennel. He'd be happier, and so would we. Could you ask her and her parents, tomorrow?"

Rebecca said she would do that. After the discussion ended, the kids were sent to bed (there still was the school year to complete). Bob and Dana sat at the table, going over the notes. They discussed the pros and cons of the selections. Some of the places were crossed off. No, they were not going to Disneyland on this trip. It was totally out of character with the rest of the adventures. Besides, it was in California. They also weren't going to Magic Mountain, as it was in southern California, too. They were going to spend some time in South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. They knew that the trip would be about a month and that too much time in close proximity would not be the best idea. But they still were going to try it.

Excitement for the trip took precedence over almost all activity in the house. There was the minor inconvenience of Graduation for Stephanie and Jacquelyn. Dana listened and made suggestions for Jackie's Salutatory address. One tenth of a grade-point more, and it would have been the Valedictorian's address. She'd lost the coin toss, but took it in stride. It didn't hurt that she'd been named National Merit Scholar and Prom Princess. Stephanie was no slouch in the grades department, either. She, too, had earned the National Merit Scholar designation. She had graduated ninth in her class. MSU had offered her a full ride scholarship, and she had accepted it.

The week following their high school graduations, the RV was loaded. Bob pulled the monster out onto the street. He cut over to Plainfield and headed north on US 131. When they got to M57 they turned towards Greenville. When they got to Lincoln Lake Road, they went north to McClain then east to Kindy Drive, finally veering left onto Point Drive. Bob pulled into the drive of 'The Cottage'.

The Cottage is located on an extension into Woodbeck Lake at the southwest end of a small cove. The lot is sort of pie shaped and encompasses the entire bulge into the lake. All the kids ski from the dock on the biggest of the chain of lakes (five lakes in all).

Rob used to ride the black quarter horse, Midnight, over to the Presbyterian summer camp to impress the girl campers. When he got tired of that, he'd take out the little motorboat. He'd go through the lakes to Half Mile Lake, to the Lutheran co-ed camp. This year, those activities would have to wait.

Bob and Andrew got out, and they went into the cottage. This is where most of the guns were stored. They only kept a few self-defense weapons at the town house.

"Don't forget to get the dies for reloading each caliber we're taking," Bob reminded Andrew as the boy took down the reloading station.

"Didn't Mom say to bring the Pyrodex?" Andy asked.

"Yes. We have room for all ten cans, as well as the case of smokeless. Bring them all along," he replied. "Get lots of brass and primers, too. We don't know how much shooting we will be doing and I want to be prepared."

"You want all the cast lead for the muzzleloaders, too?"

"We certainly have enough room. I'd say yes."

Andy asked a very pertinent question, next.

"Will we need a permit for all this stuff? I mean, just in case some local yokel decides to put up a speed trap and wants to hassle us?

"You know, I think you have a point," Bob answered. "Hang on a sec. I'm going to get the FFL [Editor's note: Federal Firearms License] copies. They will come in handy at the gathers, too. Some of the modern repros use smokeless, and I'll need the license, anyway."

The ladies and Rob were gophers for this part. They carried canister after canister (ex-army chain gun ammunition canisters) of supplies out to the RV. Bob had opened up the hidden gun safe, and pulled out the long guns, first. Then he got the fast draw sets and other side arms. Dana retrieved the buckskins to add to the other period costumes already in the RV. From the top shelf of the closet Bob pulled out his Crocodile Dundee Hat, and shoved it on his head.

He shut the safe and turned on the security system. His brothers had the code, and knew they could use the place, anytime. They'd even put the boat in the water on Memorial Day, so it was ready to go, too.

That chore done, they got back on the road. Bob went back to M57 and headed into Greenville. When they got into town, they made the turn north at Washington and Lafayette. A couple miles later the family was at Meijer Thrifty Acres #1. Meijer's is to Michigan and the Midwest, as Wal-Mart is to the South.

Oh, there were several stores in Grand Rapids, but this was 'home' to Bob. He even knew the Pharmacist. He'd gone to High School with David. The store was always clean and had everything they needed. An hour later they were loading the food into the RV.

Bob headed back to M57 and turned east. When they got to I-75, it was northbound to the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinaw Bridge.

The bridge always reminded Bob of the standing football rivalry joke between Michigan State and the U of M. How a Wolverine and a Spartan fan had been drinking and were on the bridge and had to take a leak. They stop in the middle of the bridge, which is about 200 feet (60 meters) above the water, and they whip it out. About half way through relieving themselves the Wolverine says 'Man! That water's cold!' The Spartan replied, 'Yeah. Deep, too.' Since Bob is an Alumni of MSU, he always has to chuckle at that joke.

As they crossed the bridge, they looked out across the water at Mackinaw Island. It's most famous landmark; the Grand Hotel boasts the largest front porch in the world. It was the location for the movie Somewhere in Time, with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. The Malone family had stayed there several times. They loved the old time atmosphere, where the only motorized vehicle was the fire engine and the ambulance.

Most advertising about the island says no motor vehicles, but it was an ambulance that took Bob to the ferry with acute appendicitis that summer after graduation, when he worked on the island. It was a two hour ride, because the ferry went to St. Ignace. They had to drive back across the bridge to get to Petoskey, which had the nearest hospital. They got his appendix out just before it ruptured! Such excitement!

It was getting late when they pulled in to Grandpa's hunting cabin in Grand Marais. Bob used his dad's grill to cook the steaks, while the girls made the rest of the fixings. Andrew and Rob went off into the woods to collect some dead and downed wood. It was tradition to have a campfire when they came up.

Over the years, Bob and Dana had improved the campsite. They hadn't improved the old man's cabin, but the land around it was looking nice.

Bob remembered the time his dad had come back with a black bear. God, how he hated that meat. No matter what his mom did, he could always tell it was bear. That's when he loaded up on other stuff, and made sure Timmy (the Collie) was under the table for 'bear disposal duty'.

The stars were bright points of light that night. The air was clean and clear. They sat around the campfire while Stephanie played folk songs on the guitar. She'd brought her Martin twelve string, and the Epiphone arch top guitars. She sang solos and the family joined in on the usual camp songs. Dana had gotten some marshmallows, Hershey bars and graham crackers while the rest of the family wasn't looking.

"S'mores time" she announced as she produced the ingredients.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.