Way Way Out - Book 3 of the Tufts Family Saga - Cover

Way Way Out - Book 3 of the Tufts Family Saga

Copyright© 2010 by Doc Tufferson

Chapter 9

Rob led the meeting along with Tonto. "We've all reluctantly agreed that the prime contact team is simply Darcy and Red Rover. Just before sunrise they will settle into the large meadow that we now know is called "First Contact Meadow". Somehow they know that we are coming and where we will show up, the only question they have is when. They've been looking for us for almost two thousand years now but their faith is still strong.

"Darcy, you will have to be nude, or 'without your furs' as their legend tells it. As soon as you are on the ground we will ignite the required fire in a control pan as their legend also says you are coming to bring them both the gift of fire and Red Rover. It's a bit nippy down there so we will keep a low intensity heat beacon working for you. You won't be there long before they come to meet you. We'll be ready to transport you out of there at the first sign of trouble."

Darcy, already nude, stamped her foot and shouted, "DON'T YOU DARE!" I am not the helpless, mindless person you rescued from earth at my sister's insistence. I have a full earth and Confederate education and have spent more hours in the education tubes than any other member of this family. What's more, Red Rover and I are in perfect sync and completely able to handle any situation that may arise. You've read my translations of their oral histories. They think the control of fire is the greatest promise that will allow them to rise above their current status and they know that Red Rover carries the genes that will transform all future generations, bringing them on par with you and me. You will not pull us out, you will allow us to do this work that we, and only we, are trained to do. Gees, give me a break."

With that outburst Darcy and Red Rover walked into the transport chamber saying, "lets get this show on the road. It's time right now."

Darcy shivered slightly as she set the fire pan filled with charcoal in the middle of the small clearing that the beam had created just moments ago. Red Rover stood back as the heat beacon trained on Darcy shifted slightly and intensified significantly, the coals burst into live fire and the duo waited. "Red Rover," Darcy growled, "did you ever think it would come to this between you and I.

Red Rover replied in similar tones, "I have loved you from the moment I first saw you and I have always known that you were so very special. No, I didn't know it would turn out this way but since we began talking in the med-tube that first time nothing has surprised me.

Sub-vocally Tonto announced that two females and a sub-adult male were on the trail from Village 16 and would be entering the meadow in the next few moments. Darcy lifted her eyes just enough to see the area where the trail came in. Just as sunlight topped the trees and flooded Red Rover and her with its morning glow the canine trio trotted into view.

The smaller of the two females let out a slight cough and the young male immediately lay down in the grass with his head on his front paws. The older female turned toward the village and let out a long, undulating howl.

Darcy exclaimed to Tonto, "She just warned the village that the humans have come at last, that we are in the sacred meadow and that have brought the gift of controlled fire."

Within a few moments more and more of the Canines trotted into the meadow. The males and the pups all stayed out at the edges of the clearing but they were spreading out in both directions as if they wanted a better view. Darcy and Red Rover did not feel as if they were being surrounded in a hostile way. As soon at they found a clear spot the dogs sat quietly with the sub-adult males all assuming the same posture, laying down with their chin on their forepaws. The females trotted within about fifteen feet of the duo then each took a deep bow before they sat quietly. They left a pathway open to the trail from Village 16.

Just then a very large female trotting at a leisurely pace came into the meadow. She stopped at the very spot where the trail contacted the clearing and bowed deeply, holding the pose for 15 or 20 seconds. Then she slowly rose and walked gently toward Darcy and Red Rover with her head lowered. Her ears were back and her tail held low in a submissive posture. Flanking her on each side were two almost identical females who were almost her size, they too bowed and came forward with heads lowered but with the same regal pace as their leader.

When the three Canines reached the line drawn by the other sitting females the two flanking companions came just two body lengths into the inner circle then they too stopped, but they remained standing with their heads slightly lowered. Their queen (if she wasn't a queen all human observers would have been shocked) once again bowed slightly then came forward until she was just a few feet away then stopped again. She was examining both Red Rover and Darcy in a very respectful but open manner.

Red Rover softly told Darcy, "Keep your head lowered about the same amount as the queen. You may look at her but do not stare or lock eyes lest that be thought of as a challenge. Let her take the lead."

The queen bowed again the pulled herself to her full stature and said, "You are Red Rover and this is your human?"

Red Rover replied, "I am Red Rover and this is Darcy, my queen."

A loud howl went up from the assemble pack, all but the queen and her two aides raised their hackles and bared their teeth. The loud complaint could be heard, "None is queen except our queen and no human shall ever be a queen over the majestic Red Rover. This dog is a fraud!"

The dog queen snapped and let out a loud howl. "We will hear these two out!"

Red Rover wrapped his long, golden body around Darcy's legs and bared his impressive fangs. "I am Red Rover, I carry in my loins the enhanced future of all coming generations. This is Darcy, she speaks our language better than most of you and she carries in her med-tube science the future of all in this current generation. She also brings the gift of controlled fire but not one of you will be able to use it until you have been educated and enhanced in the med-tubes nor will future generations be able to carry on with the use of fire unless they are of my seed.

"Choose now, respect my queen as I respect your queen or your future will be snatched from you in the winking of an eye. Choose now, which will it be."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.