Kimberly Steele`s Horror Ordeal - Cover

Kimberly Steele`s Horror Ordeal

Copyright© 2010 by sonyaesperanto

Chapter 3

ONE MONTH LATER

Kim was checking out the view from the balcony of an apartment on its thirteenth floor!!! All she could see was an empty street below. Kim retreated back into the apartment.

The landlord smiled at her. He was a short balding man with bits of black hair and round blue eyes. Kim had been looking for a new place to stay!! This apartment block was too far from where her old university was!!

"Mind if I check out the bathroom and bedroom!!" Kim said.

"Please do!!" the landlord smiled.

Kim inspected the bedroom. It was much smaller than her last one. It still looked comfy!! Kim then checked the bathroom. There was a tub. That was a good sign as she often took bubble baths!! She walked towards the kitchen and it was small. It was not a problem as she going to be living alone now. Ever since her ex boyfriend died in the hospital, all their friends (his and hers) gave her the cold shoulder and cut ties with her, blaming her for his death since she did not visit him in the hospital!! She felt she needed to be alone and away from everybody!!!

As for the apartment itself the name of the apartment building was THE GOBLIN.

The landlord was still standing in the lounge!!

"How much is this place again??" Kim asked the landlord.

"£150 a month my dear!!! That is a bargain given the credit crunch that we're in!!! That also includes council tax, electricity and gas and we even have a laundry room downstairs and you don't even have to pay a single £1 coin to make it work!!! Better take this place now before the price gets any higher!!! Your work is not far from this area is it??" the landlord speaking like a businessman.

£150 a month was quite cheap and a real bargain but Kim thought why give herself the trouble by asking about why this place is so cheap!! This place would save her a lot of money too.

"Come on Ms Steele!!! What'd ya say!!! I personally think that this place suits you!!! By the way this is a peaceful neighborhood too!!" the landlord speaking and smiling like some salesman.

"Ok I think I'll take it!!" Kim said.

"Good!! When do you think you can move in??" asked the landlord.

"Is two days time ok??" asked Kim.

"Hey even if you move in a weeks time is still ok with me!!" the landlord chuckled, then breaking out into friendly laughter.

"I asked because I really want to take this place but I still have to bring all my stuff here too and you know I am going to need a van to transport all my stuff here!!" Kim said.

"Hey dear tell you what!! I have a car!! How about I help you transport all your stuff here and no cost to you at all!!" the landlord smiled.

"Really???" Kim was shocked.

"Absolutely!! Why should I let a good soul like yourself waste her own money unnecessarily paying some van man to bring all her stuff here in the first place, when I can help you out myself and I won't even take a single quid from you!!" the landlord was over-generous.

Kim was really excited. If she was dreaming all this, she must be having a really good dream!!

"Well the truth is that I sent my landlady a one month's notice but that I am expected to leave my place in two weeks time!!" Kim said.

"Well just tell her that you are ready to leave the place tomorrow but we can bring all your stuff here today!! I don't care how many times we have to keep on travelling from here to there!!" the landlord said.

"Thank you!!" Kim smiled gratefully.

"You're welcome!!" the landlord smiled.

She wasn't sure if she should go and kiss him on the cheeks but thought better not!!

I guess everything is working out for me after all, Kim excitedly thought in her head.

Kim had no idea how wrong she was.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.