Just My Luck - Cover

Just My Luck

Copyright© 2010 by Barneyr

Chapter 7

I called for room service, man I was hungry. I asked if the restaurant was still open, they said until eleven on Fridays. I said I would be right down, would they save a table for me. I got, "But of course, Sir, a table has been set aside for you. Please let us know when you arrive and someone will be there to seat you."

I took a quick shower, shaved, and dressed nicely. I even had a sport coat that had hung all day and the wrinkles had come out. I went downstairs and I walked into the restaurant when a very lovely lady, about my age, asked if I was Mr. Rothman. "Yes and you, Ma'am, are who?" I asked.

"Why, Mr. Rothman, I will be your server this evening, my name is Samantha, Sir. What will you be drinking this evening, Sir?"

"I think ice water with lemon will do nicely for right now, thank you, Samantha." She hurried away and returned almost immediately with a glass over half full of ice and four wedges of lemon on a plate.

"And what will you be wanting to eat this evening, Sir? We have a very nice roasted basil chicken or a very nice pot roast, but we can make anything you would like."

"Do you have any fresh lobster and some Alaskan king crab legs?"

"Of course, Sir. Would you prefer soup or salad first, or both?"

"Salad, I think, garden salad, boiled egg, bacon bits, and Italian oil dressing on the side. Some nice soft breadsticks or soft Italian bread would be great too. Thank you for now, Samantha."

I couldn't get over how quickly my salad and bread arrived. It was as though everything I was saying I wanted was being transmitted back to the kitchen, and they were preparing it as I spoke. Maybe they were, as I was in a small alcove away from the rest of the restaurant. I suspected that the kitchen was right on the other side of one of the walls of this alcove. I enjoyed slowly eating the salad and bread. They had olive oil and spices in a small saucer available for me to dip the bread into.

As soon as I finished my salad, Samantha was back with a wine list. I said for the chef to pick the wine as he would know what would go best with his food. She thanked me and was off running again.

Sam came back almost immediately with a wine called a Maçonnais White. She opened the bottle with a pop and let it settle a moment before she poured my glass about a third full. I started to say something and remembered in time to stop the uncouth lout in me from ruining this night. I sniffed the glass and then took a small sip and kind of swished it around in my mouth.

The wine had a dry, sweet, taste and it seemed as though my palate would tolerate it, so I nodded and she filled the glass. It was about then that an older gentleman came out behind a younger man carrying my meal on a tray. Sam pulled the plates off the tray and set them before me. They all three waited, and I figured they wanted me to taste the food. I tried some of the lobster on a small fork and tasted the white meat. I savored the taste as it exploded in my mouth. I looked to the chef, the older man, winked, and dug another piece out of the shell. Once I had chewed the morsel, I said, "Most excellent, please convey my compliments to everyone associated with my meal this evening." I then dug some of the crab meat out and tasted it too. It was the best I had ever eaten, by far the best. I had had some good seafood in San Diego, but nothing I had there could compare with this. I was completely sated when I finished the meal. I only drank about two glasses of the wine, but it set the meal off perfectly. I left a fifty dollar tip on the table for Samantha and a hundred, in an envelope that I had requested, for the chef. Samantha didn't know what I wanted the envelope for, but she retrieved one none-the-less.

I went upstairs to my room, undressed, and collapsed into the bed. I was asleep in seconds.

I was awakened by someone slipping into bed with me and it was a nude woman, actually a very aroused naked woman. Now nude women are just people without clothes, but a naked woman is someone who is up to no good, or maybe that should be a woman who is up for some good times. Then there is bare nekkid, now that is a woman who is horny, doesn't care who knows it, and you are in for a real fine, down and dirty time, so hang on for dear life.

This woman smelled like Samantha, and as I explored her topography, I realized that it had to be her. "Samantha what are you doing naked in my bed?"

"After you left, I got to thinking that you just might like some company. I came up here to talk to you about it, and I found you nude on your bed, so I thought I might take advantage of that fact and see if I could perhaps persuade you to have some fun."

"Samantha, I really hate to disappoint you, but ... no wait, I'm not gay and I'm not married either. I really would just like to cuddle up with someone soft, curvy and warm. I have not had that pleasure for some time now. If you can live with that, then you can stay. If you are after more, then I will ask you to leave."

"You really mean that don't you, can you tell me why?"

"Sam, may I call you Sam? I mean, after all, we are in bed together nude. Anyway, Sam, over the past fifteen years I have had some very short affairs with women from whom I have learned many things. Most of it is sexual in nature, but also some other things most men never learn. I like a good cuddle and sometimes, like right now, that is far more important to me than sex. Other times slow sensual sex is the greatest thing since man discovered women or sex. Then there are the times when raw, heavy, sweaty, fucking is what I crave. There is a real difference between sex and fucking. Fucking is the sex act without emotions of love and kindness, fucking is hot animal sex just to get off, and the hell with your partner. If they are satisfied great; but the satisfaction driving you is yours and yours alone.

"The sex act, or as I like to say, making love, is done with emotions besides anger and selfishness. This is the act where you are more interested in satisfying your partner than you are for your own gratification. Now, that can be the greatest thrill of all of them, because you have an interest in the outcome for your partner. Now, tonight I am in a mood for cuddling, the decision is up to you."

"Oh, Mr. Rothman, after that explanation, I think cuddling would be great. I too, have not had that pleasure for a very long time. Shall we get under the covers and cuddle?"

"Well, Sam, since you put it that way, I don't see why not, and the name is Bob."

So we crawled under the covers and I spooned behind Sam and she pulled my left arm over her and placed my hand on her right breast. I don't know about Sam, but I was fast asleep again very quickly.

I awoke in the morning alone and uncovered. I looked for Sam's clothes, but she was gone. But she left a note and my folded fifty.

Bob,

I don't know when I have felt more loved, or safer from harm, in someone's arms than I did last night. I will never forget last night. It was the highlight of my life, and for that, I thank you. As for my tip at supper, I couldn't, in all fair conscience, keep it. You gave me something that is worth much more than money; you gave me some self-respect and the knowledge that I am a better person for having met you.

Forever grateful,
Samantha Dodson

"Samantha DODSON??? Was she Dales's wife, daughter, sister, or what?" I shouted. I was immediately on the phone to Dale. He wasn't at work, but I did get his cell number from Jerry. I asked Jerry if he knew a Samantha Dodson. "Sure, she's the boss's daughter; she runs the hotel for Mr. Dodson, why is there something wrong?"

"No, Jerry, just a misunderstanding, I guess, thanks. By the way how are things coming along?"

"We are up and running at full strength, Bob. A little ragged around the edges, but we're up."

"Thanks, Jerry, for all your help and for your guys helping too. You have a great team there. Bye."

"Bye, Bob, have a safe trip home."

I called Dale, "Dale, you sneaky SOB, what's this I hear that you own this hotel and that your daughter is the manager here. She acted as my waitress last night, what kind of scam have you got going on here?"

"No scam, Bob, just another part of my varied businesses on the west coast. I trust my daughter was a good waitress? She actually did that for a time while she was being brought up to manager. I wanted her to know what every job was so she could talk intelligently with every member of the staff. She started out in housekeeping and advanced from there. You don't have a problem, do you?"

"No, Dale, I just got a strange note this morning is all. You daughter was a very good waitress and the chef, wow. I had the lobster and crab legs, which was excellent, as was the wine. I just talked to Jerry and you are up and running, so I'll probably go back home today. I really should go back and see how my two new employees are doing. I kind of left them in a lurch as they just started working for me Thursday when I had to suddenly leave and come out here. We'll be in touch; and thanks for the stay, Dale. Let me know if you ever come to my town. It won't be as fancy, but it will be homey."

"Goodbye, Bob, I look forward to stopping in some day. Thanks again for a job well done."

I hung up and rang the front desk, "I would like to speak to the general manager for this hotel, please have them come to my room immediately. I need to speak with them about something of grave importance. The manager is in the hotel today, yes?"

"Of course, Sir, I will page the manager and have them come right up to your room, Sir."

"Thank you, you have been so kind."

About five minutes later there was a knock at my door. I looked out the peep hole and to my surprise, there is a man standing there. I open the door and say, "Yes?"

"You requested that the manager come to see you, Sir?"

"Yes I did, are you him?"

"No Sir ... I'm the assistant manager, the manager is not available at this particular time. I'm sure that I can take care of any problem you might have encountered, Sir."

I got the direct impression that Sam didn't want to see me, so I thought a little blow up would bring her out of the woodwork. "Look, I'm sure you are very capable of handling most every situation, except the one I am experiencing. I asked for the Manager, not their flunky, and I expect to see the manager this minute, if not, I do personally know the owner of this hotel and heads will roll if I don't see the manager at this door in less than five minutes. Now take that message to your boss and I expect to see him here immediately, do you understand?" I said forcefully.

"Yes Sir, right away, Sir!" That's when I slammed the door in his face.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.