That's Life
Chapter 2: Start of a new life

Copyright© 2010 by DG Hear

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2: Start of a new life - Mature mans retires and begins a new life

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual  

"You must be John Mason, the plumber. I'm Nora Norman."

"Hi, pleased to meet you. So you have a clogged sink?" I asked.

"Yes, I do hair styling on the side and I think too much must have gone down the drain. It takes ten minutes for the water to recede."

Then it struck me that this just might be the Nora the guys at card club was talking about.

She had a room set aside for her business. It had a special type sink for washing hair. She turned on the tap and showed me how the water wouldn't drain.

All the time she was showing me the problem I couldn't help looking at her, she was so beautiful. Not all fancy and made up but she had natural beauty. She had on white shorts and a blouse but she looked sexy without even trying.

I was finally able to take my eyes off of her and get down on my knees to look at the drain pipe. I took out my pipe wrench and put a small bucket under the trap, along with some old towels I brought along. I knew once I took off the trap the water in the sink would pour out of the pipe.

I was just about ready to undo the trap when I looked back and Nora was smiling. "Ok, what's so funny?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, but I always heard about plumbers and their butt crack. When I thought about it, it made me laugh."

"You can't see mine! I have a long shirt on for that exact purpose. I don't think people care to see an old man's butt crack." I had to chuckle myself.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have never told you. It was very wrong of me," said Nora.

"It's ok, if you ever want to play 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine', let me know. Right now I better get back to cleaning out this trap."

Nora was laughing as she left the room and I proceeded on with my work. I turned the wrench and the water gushed down into the bucket. She was right and the trap was full of hair. I cleaned out the trap and put the sink back in order.

I took the old towels and cleaned up some of the spilt water. Nora came back and asked me if I would like a cup of coffee. I said yes and after finishing my work I joined her in the kitchenette.

I had so many questions for her but wasn't sure where to start. After all she was just a customer at this point.

"Mrs. Norman, is this your apartment? I'm sorry for asking and you can tell me to butt out if you like, but I thought you had to be at least fifty-five to live in these condos? I can hardly believe you're that old. When I first came in I figured it was your mom's condo."

She smiled which was a good sign. I also noticed she was wearing a wedding ring. I wish I had seen it before asking her anything.

"First off, please call me Nora and this is my apartment for now. Thank you for the complement about my age. You are correct though, I'm not fifty-five, I'm fifty-three."

"Well, your husband is a very lucky man to have such a nice looking wife."

"Rod, my husband died last year."

That's when I remember the men at card club saying she was a widow. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say. My wife died two years ago and I think about her all the time."

She touched my hand and I felt a genuine warmth radiate from her. "I'm sorry for your loss also. I guess we do have something in common. Rod was killed in a plane accident last year. I took it pretty hard even though we were only married a few years. It was my second marriage."

Not only was she easy on the eyes but was also easy to talk to. We must have drunk the whole pot of coffee while we talked. She explained to me that her husband was fifty-five when they got their condo five years ago. They signed a three year lease and renewed it two years ago for another three years.

Now her problem was that her lease would run out next year and she would only be fifty-four. The rules definitely say you must be fifty-five and she wondered if they would renew it when the time came.

We talked for awhile. She asked me how long I have lived in the condo since she has never seen me before.

I told her I had only been there a few weeks and really didn't know much about the neighborhood. She asked me if I would like her to show me around and explain some of the activities that they held there.

We agreed that she would take me on a tour the next day and even have lunch together at the local restaurant. I almost hated leaving but she told me she had a hair appointment and some of the locals already gossiped about her.

The next morning I showered and shaved and put on one of my better shirts and dress pants. When I arrived at her apartment she looked great.

"Nora, excuse me but I have to tell you that you look awesome, as my grandkids would say."

"You don't look to bad yourself," she then smiled. I loved to see her smile, it was so real.

We started out by walking to the community center. I didn't tell her I had been there to play cards on Tuesdays. She explained that they had dances and bingo as well, and some of the men and women had card clubs there.

The center could be used for birthdays and celebrations if anyone wanted to use it. Family was always welcome to visit and even stay overnight at the apartments. They just couldn't live there permanently.

"So have you been to any of the dances here?" I asked.

"Rod and I used to go every month. It was so much fun. After he passed away I tried to go by myself once but a few of the local wives didn't like me being there. I guess they were afraid their husband might want to dance with me."

"Stupid old prunes," I said, "but I can see where they might become jealous." It earned me another smile from Nora.

"Do you play bingo?" asked Nora.

"No, I don't hardly think so." I had to laugh.

"Really, you should go at least once and try it. I bet you'll have fun."

"I'm more into sports. Want to go to a ballgame with me?" I joked but it looked like she was thinking about it.

"I make you a deal John, you go to bingo with me on Saturday and I'll go a ballgame with you."

I couldn't believe she was serious. Why would this good looking woman want to go out with me? "Are you serious?" I asked. "Why me?"

"John, since Rob's death I haven't been anywhere except with my sister. I haven't dated a man in over a year. For some reason I think you understand and I'm willing to take a chance with you. I can use a friend."

I could tell she was serious. "I haven't really dated anyone since Mary's death either. I usually just attend family events but I'm willing if you are."

We made a date to go play bingo on Saturday. I also told her I was going to order tickets to a major league ballgame for the following week.

We left the center and she took me to the pool area. She told me the same rules apply at the pool. You can invite family but you have to be with them while they are there. They also had two hot tubs in an enclosed building with changing rooms and all. I asked her if she used them and again she said not since Rob's accident.

I could picture her in a bathing suit. I saw a smile cross her face, she must have been able to read my mind because she said, "Let's do the bingo and ballgame first and see how it works out.

After showing me the walking paths and other areas of the condo neighborhood she said it was time to see the surrounding neighborhood. We got in her car and she showed me where the different stores and restaurants were.

Being with her felt good. I hadn't felt that way around any woman since I lost Mary. We ended up at a little café and had lunch. She said we would both pay for our own lunch.

"No Nora, you went through all this trouble to show me around and the lunch is on me."

"It isn't necessary..."

"I insist Nora, I'm still old school. The man should pay for his date. When we play bingo you can pay for your own card." We both laughed.

"So, you consider this a date? asked Nora.

"I don't know, it's been so long since I asked a woman out." I have no idea why I felt close with this woman. She was nine years my junior and looked even younger. Beautiful, pleasant personality, and fun to be around.

There were things I wanted to know about her but didn't want to ruin the relationship with my new found friend. We ate lunch and talked some more. She told me a little about her life and I told her a little about mine. I honestly have to say 'opposites attract' at least in my case.

Nora told me that Rob was her second marriage. She had been married before for over twenty years. Her husband was an executive in a company. He was gone a lot and so she started her own beauty salon to keep busy. She has one son who lives in Germany. She has seen him three times in the last fifteen years.

The first time was when he was getting married, she and her husband flew over for the wedding. Four years later she flew over to see her new grandbaby. The last time was when he came home for his father's funeral. That was over seven years ago.

After his death she put all her time into her salon. She met her second husband Rob in the salon. He was a friend of her first husband. He was divorced and got his hair cut in her salon. He always asked for Nora when he went there.

They began dating and eventually got married. He was a business executive also but didn't travel quite as much. He retired early and that is when they moved into the condo.

She sold her business but did hair out of her apartment. She would also go to her friends condos and cut their hair there. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were the only three days she worked.

When I told her how nice she looked she did mention that she always did her best to keep in shape by walking or jogging most every morning when her schedule permitted it.

"If you're ever interested in walking in the mornings, let me know. It really is a good exercise and yet easy. Besides, it would be nice not always walking alone."

I told her that I would keep that in mind. It sure would be a good way to see her more often. It probably wouldn't hurt a get a little exercise either.

On Saturday afternoon I walked to Nora's apartment which was about a block away from mine. She met me at the door and we headed over to the community center to play bingo. It was hard for me to believe I was doing this. I hadn't played bingo except with the kids when they were little. I was always the caller.

I've never gave any thought to playing bingo for real even though Mary would go once in awhile. I guess it just didn't seem manly.

The place was really crowded. There was probably ninety percent woman but at least there were a few men there. I only saw one that I had met when I fixed his leaky faucet.

A lot of women were happy to see Nora, they were even more surprised that she was with a man. While she was talking to a couple of women I got in line to get my bingo card. A couple of minutes later Nora was behind me smiling.

When I got to the desk the man asked, "How many cards sir?"

"Just one," I replied. He looked at me kind of odd as I gave him a dollar for the card.

"I stood to the side while Nora got her cards, "Sixteen please," she said.

I couldn't believe it. How the hell was she going to look at sixteen cards. Now I felt kind of stupid only having one. I asked the guy for another card and gave him another dollar. Nora smiled.

Nora and I found a table to sit at where she would sit across from me. As she spread out all her cards I asked her how she could keep track of all of them?

She laughed and said, "I usually play twenty four but I figured we might talk some so I ordered less."

The games started and Nora had no trouble what so ever. We had played seven games and I wasn't even close to a bingo. A couple of times I missed putting a dot on my number and Nora spotted it and dotted it for me.

The next game I needed B5 for a bingo. I really felt excited until they called B6 and some old broad yelled out bingo. I know I was mad and swore under my breath. It made Nora laugh and of course it made me laugh.

I went and got us both a beverage. Nora played my cards while I was gone. I heard her yell bingo as I was headed back.

"Did you win?" I asked.

"No, you did," she replied. I looked down and saw my straight.

Nora had a bingo a couple of games later. All in all I was ahead two dollars and Nora broke even. I reminded her that next Saturday we would be taking the bus to the ball game.

"John, would you go with me to the mall on Monday? I want to buy a Reds shirt to wear to the game."

Not only did I play bingo but I was actually going shopping with Nora on Monday. It was when I began to realize I really liked this woman.

I did have dinner with one of my kids on Sunday. When they asked me how I liked my new place I told them I was really enjoying it. I never told them about Nora but did say I played cards on Tuesday nights and was going to a ballgame the following Saturday. They were really happy for me.

On Monday I showed up at Nora's door at nine a.m. "John, what are you doing here so early, the stores won't open for another hour or two?"

"I decided to take you up on the walking. I figured I would try it on Monday. Wednesday and Friday."

"Oh John, I wish you would have said something. I just got back from my walk. I usually go around seven in the morning. I'm so sorry, do you want to come in for coffee?"

I could see she was sweating through her jogging suit and figured she was getting ready to take a shower. "No, I'll just come back in an hour and we can head to the mall. I think I need a good pair of walking shoes anyway."

When I got back she was all cleaned up. I went in and had that cup of coffee before heading to the mall.

We headed to the sports shop where she was looking at different sports shirts. She found one she liked and went to try it on. When she came out of the dressing room she looked like a young girl. Her shirt was red and buttoned down the front and spelled Cincinnati across her chest. She also had on a baseball cap with the Cincinnati logo on it.

"So, how do I look?" She was smiling at me.

"You look like a teenager going to her first major league ball game. I think you should undo a few buttons on the top though." I was smiling.

"John, that would show my boobs." She looked around to make sure no one was looking and undid the three top buttons. "There is that better?" She laughed and quickly buttoned two back up. But not before I got a look at her bra covered breasts.

"Ok, pervert, let's go find you a shirt and a pair of walking shoes." I ended up getting a pullover shirt with the Reds emblem on it. I couldn't believe I paid sixty-five dollars for a pair of sneakers just to walk in. Nora assured me if I walk regularly, I would be glad I bought a good pair.

We went to lunch and I learned more about Nora. She had two sisters and a brother. One sister Lynn and her brother Max both live in the condo community. Lynn with her spouse, Max was divorced. I hadn't met either of them that I was aware of. Nora asked me if we could sit with her sister and her husband Dave, they were going to the game also.

I was a bit surprised but also happy that she had family living there. It would be good to meet them. The way the bus trip worked was everyone who signed up would get their ticket to the game which would be passed out after getting on the bus. All tickets were grouped in the same area so it wouldn't be a problem to get tickets to sit together.

When Nora and I got on the bus the guys from card club couldn't believe it. Of course they all said hi to Nora and Lynn. There were only two other women on the bus. I have to admit that I felt like the king of the hill when I sat down with Nora. I know I had a shit eating grin on my face.

"Why are you smiling so hard?" asked Nora.

"Being with you and seeing the faces of the guys from the card club when they saw we were together." Nora just smiled, I had no idea what she was thinking.

During the bus ride Dave asked me how Nora and I met.

"She called me one evening and asked me if I could clean her pipes, and I said yes."

We all started laughing because of the way it sounded. I got a laugh and a hit on the arm from Nora. "He's a plumber for the condo association and yes he did clean out my pipes." She looked just a bit embarrassed when she realized she said pretty much what I did.

"They were clogged," she said while still laughing.

That was the start of a wonderful day. I couldn't believe she was so happy at the game. She was rooting for the Reds and cheering them on. She even had a beer and hot dog with me and at the seventh inning stretch she sang 'Take Me out to the Ballgame' with everyone.

On the bus trip home she was a bit tired and put a pillow on my shoulder and leaned against me. Lynn did pretty much the same with Dave.

Sunday was back to one of the kid's houses for dinner. I told them about the game but still didn't mention Nora. I just wasn't sure what to say when if they started asking questions.

I was at Nora's condo first thing Monday morning ready to walk. She really seemed happy to see me. We would walk about two miles. Nora usually ran about five miles when she was alone. The days we walked together she would run three miles later in the evening.

We were the talk of the condo neighborhood but yet just friends. We held hands at the game and sat across from each other at bingo. We joked but never did anything sexual. I can't say I didn't want to but was more afraid of losing a friend if I tried and failed.

In the following month we went to a museum, art institute and another ball game. We decided that it would only be fair to take turns doing things that the other liked.

Nora was a sophisticated woman and appreciated many of the arts. She used to go with Lynn but now it was with me. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed some of the art museums. On our way home from a ball game Lynn asked Nora if she was going to the dance the following weekend.

She hadn't gone since the loss of her husband. Looking over at me I could tell she was ready to ask me if I danced.

"I'm not the best on my feet but if you need a date I'll go." I never really was much on dancing but it was just another chance to help build a relationship with Nora. I was really taking it slow.

I noticed my thoughts of Mary were lessening as my thoughts of Nora intensified. I guess that's the way life is. It did make me think how much better my marriage to Mary might have been if we would have done more things together. Instead we were going to wait till I retired. What a mistake.

Lynn was a pretty woman and a couple of years older than Nora. She was a little heavier since she didn't exercise like Nora did. Dave retired from Management in a large manufacturing firm. They seemed to really enjoy life together. I'm mentioning this because I got a lot of information about Nora from Lynn. She and her sister were best friends even if they didn't agree on everything.

When we entered the dance hall, again Nora and I caught everyone's eye. I'll admit Nora did look great but she wasn't really over dressed. She just looked good in whatever she wore.

The four of us sat at a table together and Dave ordered a round of drinks. He and I had a beer and the women diet sodas. We let the first couple of fast songs pass before they played a slow one. It was now or never when I took Nora in my arms for the first time.

I moved around the best I knew how and she had no problem following me. I wasn't sure how close to hold her until she said, "John, you can hold me closer, I don't mind."

It was all I needed as I pulled her close and told her how beautiful she looked and smelled. She smiled and said thank you and told me I didn't look to bad myself. I was almost mad when the song ended.

The stupid band played two more fast songs and Lynn and Nora danced together. Dave and I had another beer and watched them. It was nice seeing them having fun and laughing.

I danced with Nora again on the next slow song. I pulled her close and held her in the old traditional method with one arm around the waist and holding the other arm out. She let go of my hand and put both arms around my neck. I had both of my arms around her.

"I like this way much better," she said.

"I can't agree with you more," I replied.

We danced to two songs in a row before sitting down. The next song was a fast one so I went to get us all another drink. By the time I got back to the table another slow song had started. Some guy had come over and asked Nora to dance. Dave and Lynn were also dancing.

A feeling of jealousy came over me. I remembered dancing with Mary and her smiling at the other men while she danced. It was happening again with Nora. When the dance was over and they all came back to the table I gave the guy a dirty look. Nora didn't see it but Lynn did.

I tried to act normal but my thoughts weren't. I drank down my beer during the next song. When another slow one started Lynn asked me to dance and told Dave to dance with Nora.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.