Thursday's Child - Cover

Thursday's Child

Copyright© 2010 by Kaffir

Chapter 24

Despite the drama of Mary and Ray's reunion much else had happened. Garry continued to enjoy United but still had time to work on his discus thrower. Becca saw him most days and Polly was there for him whenever he was at the home. She had now embarked on a sea eagle. Becca and the new girl, Amy Hopkins, started to do cookery classes with Hilary Grant. They concentrated on 'small eats' which Hilary stressed not only had to be tasty but not messy. Wedding guests, for example, would not want to have to be given a paper napkin.

Romance was also in the air. Andrew Mortimer took Kim to a performance of Grieg's piano concerto at York. She was captivated. She was also entranced when Andrew told her it was written immediately after he married. He kissed her gently when he dropped her off and Kim was thrilled that she had enjoyed it. She told Nell who hugged her with delight. After that Andrew reckoned it was safe to start to take her out more often. She restricted it to Fridays and Saturdays because she did not want to be tired for work.

Peter Bentham had finished school at the end of the summer term and started to see Maisie on a regular basis. They went skittling again and Becca suggested to Maisie that they tried Thursday evening dancing classes.

"You'll be in his arms," she teased.

Maisie pulled a face but they went. They didn't stay long. Once they had learnt the basics they went to the Friday evening dances. Peter was interested in archaeology. Maisie was not enraptured but then, after a visit to the museum at York, became fascinated and, she discovered, Peter was no fossil. He was fun, amusing and very sweet and gentle even though, as she discovered after three weeks or so, very passionate as well. All the same he never pushed her beyond her limits. She was worried at first that his parents might be stuffy. After all he was a public school boy and she was just an orphan painter and decorator who he had met while doing a job for them. They were not. They were warm and friendly and Maisie fell for them, Harriet too who became a confidante.

Dawn and Sue came back from the August Bank Holiday radiant. Both had become engaged to their policemen.

The big excitement though involved Carly. The Damsels were taken on to redecorate a surgery. It was not easy because the doctors still had to do their duty and there still had to be a waiting area for patients. The Practice Manager, Jill Gibbons, was superb though and bent over backwards to be accommodating. The Damsels could not do a major assault on the job and merely sent a team of two couples. Maisie was the leader with Carly, Nicky and Kim. The practice had four doctors, Roger Mortimer who was the senior partner and three younger men, one of whom was Alistair Cameron. From the second day he started to show an interest in Carly. The filing cabinet that he needed something out of always seemed to be in the room where she was working. He somehow managed to want coffee when she did. On every occasion he made some remark: "You're the prettiest of a bunch of pretty girls," or "I'd love to see you out of overalls."

Carly was not impressed and it showed even though she smiled but it was no more than a polite smile and Alistair Cameron, being no fool, realised he was getting nowhere.

On Thursday he was penitent. "Carly," he said, "I'm sorry I've been rude and suggestive. I'll leave you in peace."

On Friday he found her again. "Carly, I know I said I'd leave you in peace but I can't get you out of my mind. I meant what I said a few days ago. You are the prettiest of all the girls here."

"So?"

"I'd like you to come out with me," he said slightly hesitantly.

"I'll think about it," she said.

She talked about it with the other girls over the weekend and they were unanimous in advising her against it. That did it and Carly's rebellious streak took over. She agreed to go out with Alistair the following Friday evening.

He did not stint himself. They drove to a restaurant ten miles away and had a delicious meal. Alistair was attentive and amusing and Carly began to wonder why she had been so cool to his advances.

On the way back though she realised her reticence. He drove off the road up a farm track.

"What do you think you're up to?" asked Carly.

"I was just hoping for a kiss and a hug."

He had given her a very good supper and had been a delightful companion so she gave in.

She enjoyed it to start with but then his hands began to move to forbidden territory. She was not going to let him fondle her on a first date.

"No, Alistair," she said.

"Oh, come on," he said. "I'll bet I'm not the first."

"No," she said, "but the first who's tried it on on a first date. Stop it, Alistair."

He did not so she reached down and grasped him by the balls. She squeezed.

"Stop it, Alistair," she said warningly, "or I'm going to really hurt you."

"OK! OK!"

He removed his hands and she let go of his balls.

"Now take me home," she said icily.

He did so and she got out of the car without a word. She let herself into the house and leant against the front door sobbing.

Molly and Jane were in the kitchen, heard her and were beside her in an instant.

"What's the matter, love?" asked Jane.

"He started to grope me."

"Oh, Carly love," said Molly pulling her into a hug.

"Bastard!" exploded Jane.

There was a long silence while they both hugged Carly to comfort her.

"Come on, love," said Jane. "Tea and a chat."

Carly was led into the kitchen and Molly put the kettle on. Jane never let go of her hand.

There was silence until Molly brought their tea to them.

"Tell us," she said gently.

Carly did. "He was so nice and amusing I never thought he'd behave like that. I thought he was just into a quick snog but then his hands started and I knew I was in trouble so I grabbed his balls."

Jane giggled. "Good thinking, girl!"

Carly smiled. "I can't go back on Monday though."

"No," said Molly. "That's easy. We'll switch you with Jasmine but someone needs to sort this bugger out and I don't think Maisie's up to it. We can't because of our other jobs."

"Becca!" said Jane.

"Yes," said Molly. "I hate to call her in. Jane or I could deal with it but Maisie's such a gentle girl and wouldn't say boo to a goose."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.