Insubordination - Cover

Insubordination

Copyright© 2010 by RPSuch

Chapter 10

Sans makeup I arrived at The Shillelagh at seven thirty that night.

As I walked up to the bar, I looked around anxiously.

"Liam, a brew."

He had been kidding me about not drinking any alcohol. I took to calling my Diet Coke a brew.

"Here you go."

"Is Frank in tonight?" I kept looking around as if I was worried I'd find the wrong face in the crowd.

"He's in his office. Darcy was asking about you earlier."

"Yeah. I haven't been able to catch her for a few weeks. Thanks."

I walked back to Frank's office. The door was open, but I knocked.

"Come on in, lad. What are you about these days?"

"Hey, Frank." I took a seat. "You know I haven't been a model citizen my whole life."

"Ah, you're talking about before I met you."

"Right. I've been pretty much perfect since then." I paused for effect. "I have this feeling I'm being watched or maybe followed. I left behind enough of a past that there are people who would like to do bad things to me. Have you noticed anybody new hanging around?"

"No. I can't say as I have."

"Well, I'll try to let you know if they show up. I may have to leave the area suddenly."

"Well, if you can point them out to me, I could have one of the boys have a talk with them."

"They're not very good listeners, Frank."

"My boys can be very persuasive. I believe they can permanently persuade these fellows you're worried about to leave you alone."

"Thank you, Frank. I'll let you know if I can use your help."

"Think nothing of it, lad. I've got a bit of work to do. Aren't you supposed to do some womanizing?"

"That was the next thing on my agenda."

"Could you try to keep it out of the pantry, lad?"

I went back to the bar and sat down by myself at a table.

Shortly thereafter, Maeve came in. When she saw me, she walked over to my table.

I got up to greet her.

She kissed me on the cheek. Something was not right about it.

"So, do we have to go back to the pantry? Or can we go straight to my place? She asked.

"Your place will do fine, Maeve."

We each took our own car to her place.

She started stripping as she climbed the stairs toward her bedroom. It made me think of that old joke I had told her the first time we had gone to her house.

I had asked if I needed to use a condom. She said she had it taken care of.

"I understand," I had said. "What do accountants use for birth control?"

She gave it a little thought and said, "I don't know."

"Their personality."

She said, "Shouldn't you have saved that joke until after we finished?" But she laughed.

I told her she had an atypical personality for an accountant.

That it was atypical was reinforced now as her bra hit me in the face. I started flinging my clothes on the stairs as well.

Maeve had an advantage on me. She could simply step out of her shoes. Mine needed to be untied.

It was our most enthusiastic romp to date. She was especially into it.

I sensed it was leading to something. Was she about to suggest we become a committed couple? I did not do that well.

She went to her bathroom and washed up after we finished.

When she came out naked, wiggling her hips, I realized we were not finished.

This time it felt more connected, more loving. She held me very tightly after we climaxed and didn't let go for a long time.

When we finally separated, she said, "John." She took a very deep breath before continuing.

This was it; the big moment. She was about to tell me she wanted to become exclusive. I had been giving it some thought, but I still didn't know what I was going to say. She sat up straight. She was ready.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.