My Way  - Cover

My Way

Copyright© 2010 by DG Hear

Chapter 1

Suspense Sex Story: Chapter 1 - An old friend is on death row and tells me his story. Not a lot of sex in the first chapter. Five chapters in all.

Caution: This Suspense Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Cheating   Interracial   Violence   Military  

My name is Joe Ritter and I've been a journalist for many years now. I started out in a small newspaper office and eventually landed a job at a much larger paper. There I did numerous articles on major news stories that came off the wire. But a little over two years ago my editor laid me off.

His reason was I refused to write negative articles about an old friend of mine. When he gave me an ultimatum of doing the articles or finding another place to work, I chose to become a freelance journalist. At first my wife was really pissed at me for quitting.

But I was tired of having someone tell me what I could and couldn't write. And the editor was a real bastard to work for, so I couldn't let him have his way. I went ahead and explained to Julie why I didn't want to write about Jeff. I needed her to understand.


Jeff was an old friend of mine from school and I couldn't see writing about him killing his ex-wife's lover and then going after her. He was a big guy, tall and husky, even back in high school. So we gave him the nickname Moose.

He was quiet but friendly and easy going. All the girls were crazy about him but he was smitten with Marsha. They were a couple ever since they were sixteen.

Toward the end of our senior year, Marsha discovered she was pregnant. When she told Jeff, he agreed they would get married. Several months later they had twin girls. Jeff seemed very happy till he got his draft notice. He called the draft board and told them he had gotten married and had twin daughters. The board told him they felt sorry for his situation but he would be leaving for a tour of duty the following month and would be serving two years, including a tour of Vietnam.

It really hurt him having to leave his family but he told Marsha it would only be two years and hopefully the time would fly by. His dad tried to pull some strings but no one was able to help. Jeff would have to serve his time.

While he was away his wife sent him a 'Dear John' letter and divorced him. I just couldn't bring it upon myself to just write things about him unless I had talked to him first. But there was no way they would let me see him.


Jeff's trial took place a little over two years ago. He was found guilty of killing John Baker, who was his ex-wife's lover. The jury also found him guilty of attempted murder of his ex-wife, Marsha.

The way the story aired was that Moose broke into her house and found them in bed together. According to news articles he pulled John off Marsha, grabbed him around his head, and broke his neck. Then he went after Marsha, but she was somehow able to get into the nightstand where she kept a gun, shooting him three times point blank in the midsection. That's when she called the police.

John was dead but Moose underwent hours of surgery and lived to stand trial. What was so odd, and one of the reasons I couldn't write the article, was that Moose and Marsha had been divorced for eighteen years. Also, Moose said nothing in his defense, pleading guilty and letting the jury decide if he would get life in prison or the death penalty.

The trial was over in a few days and Moose received the death penalty. He has been in the death row wing of the prison for two years, refusing all appeals on his behalf.

I was sitting at my desk writing an article when the phone rang. Julie usually answers it so I can keep working. When she came into the room she looked a bit concerned. When I asked her why, she said it was the Attorney General's office.

To be honest I didn't believe her. What would the Attorney General of Ohio want with me?

I picked up the phone and said, "Hello, Joe Ritter here."

"Mr. Ritter, this is Mike Keffer, Attorney General Mel Park's assistant."

I knew the Attorney General was Mel Park so the call was either a good hoax or it really was the Attorney General's office.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Keffer?"

"Mr. Park's would like to meet with you tomorrow in Columbus. It concerns Jeff Daniels."

"I don't understand. I haven't seen Jeff in years and besides, he's on death row."

"It is of the utmost importance he speaks with you. But it is not something he can discuss over the phone. We will gladly pay you for your time."

I agreed to meet with the man, listening as Mike Keffer gave me directions, then hung up.

"What was that all about?" Julie asked.

"Honey, I honestly don't know. I haven't the slightest clue but it has something to do with Moose. I'm going to Columbus tomorrow and hopefully will know more then."


When I arrived at the state house I went to the information desk. The gentleman working there told me Mr. Keffer would be down shortly. As soon as he arrived, he took me to the Attorney General's office.

"Joe Ritter, I'm Mel Park. Thank you so much for taking the time to see me. Please sit down. Mike, would you mind getting us a cup of coffee?"

I told Mike how I took my coffee and he left the room. I knew from previous meetings with political people that it was all right to use their last name in private conversations. So I started the conversation.

"Mr. Park, why exactly am I here? I know it has something to do with Jeff Daniels but all I really know is that he's on death row waiting for his time to come."

"Mr. Ritter--"

"Please just call me Joe."

"Mr. Daniels contacted the prosecutor who in turn contacted me. It seems he might have some information on a goodly number of missing persons and a few murders."

"But what does that have to do with me?" Our coffee arrived and I began drinking it.

"I'm not quite sure how to say this, but it would be of great importance if we were able to close many of these unsolved cases before the demise of Jeff Daniels."

I knew what he was saying. I had read where he had eyes on running for governor and if he could solve a number of these crimes, he would be in the driver's seat.

"With all due respect, I repeat, what does this have to do with me?"

"A number of people have talked to Mr. Daniels and he has given many clues that he knows something. He has said you are the only one he is willing to give his story to. We would like for you to meet with him and see if he is just pulling our chain or if he really does have any valuable information."

"I don't get it. Why me? It's been years since I've even seen Jeff."

"We don't know why. We do know all the information he has will die with him if we can't get him to talk. So we need you to talk with him, and the sooner the better. You will be dealing with Mike. Any information you receive will be passed on to him."

"Not to be disrespectful, but I have a family to support."

"We're willing to pay you three hundred dollars a day. You can only talk with Mr. Daniels for three hours a day and only during the week. If at any time we feel he is no longer helpful, the interviews stop. You will have the sole rights to the information he gives you for a story, book, or whatever. But any information on murders or missing persons can't be released until we give you the okay."

I agreed and said my goodbyes. Mike walked me to the door and gave me all the personal information I needed to get into the prison to see Moose. I still for the life of me couldn't figure out what Moose would know about missing people or why he chose me to write his story.

When I returned home, Julie was excited; she wanted to know what all went on at the Attorney General's office. I explained everything to her and told her I would be going to the penitentiary the next day to see Moose. She seemed as baffled as I was as to what Moose might have to say.

"Aren't you a little scared going to a prison?" asked Julie.

"No, but I have to say I'm really puzzled by the whole situation. Hopefully I'll get some answers right away."


I headed to the prison the following morning, going through checkpoint after checkpoint just getting in. Guards searched me and all I was able to take into the cell hallway was my tablet, one pen and my recorder.

The death row cell hallway was different than others as there was a block wall on one side of the hallway which had cameras aimed toward the cells on the opposite side. There was only one inmate per cell. At the end of the hall were two meeting rooms which had a Plexiglas wall and some sort of shoot in which to pass papers through.

There was no way anyone could touch a prisoner. There was a tray to set my stuff on and a chair facing the Plexiglas wall. A guard would be at the other end of the hall. I was not to pass anything through the shoot without permission and had to remain seated.

I felt very uncomfortable my first time going in. I sat in the chair and waited for them to escort Moose into the cell through a back entrance. It was a shock when I first saw him. He had shaved his head as well as his beard which he had since returning from the service and even during his trial. I hardly recognized him.

I couldn't help standing as he walked into the cell but the guard told me to sit back down. The guard then left Moose in the cell with a small table and chair.

I was lost for words as I looked at my old friend in the orange jumpsuit.

"Hey Joe, good to see you. Hell, good to see anyone," said Moose.

"I'm sorry, Moose. It just caught me by surprise seeing you hairless and dressed that way."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.