Star Gazing
Chapter 2: Launch and rendezvous

Copyright© 2010 by lordshipmayhem

It was now time to trek off into the wilderness. At the appointed time, all the students showed up at Convocation Hall, to find two vehicles ready and waiting for them, each towing a trailer. Angeline would drive the Range Rover, towing a trailer specially kitted out to hold a large reflective telescope. She would be accompanied by Colette and Paul. Jennifer would drive the new students rather than Colette, much to everyone's relief — apparently Colette's lead foot was common knowledge. They had a crew-cab pickup truck towing a small trailer loaded with everything needed to survive a two-week trip to paradise.

Judy could see the practicality of minimal personal gear — the essential expedition gear jammed the trailers and pickup truck bed, leaving little room left over for attire. There were two weeks worth of canned and dehydrated rations for seven (plus another couple of days' spare rations, in case they were delayed getting back for any reason), naphtha for the stove (hopefully two weeks worth), a large telescope loaded with electronics, laptop computers for all with solar powered rechargers, solar power panels, bedding, cooking pots, a professional tool kit suitable for repairs to the buildings and another for repairs to the electrical gear, a portable generator and several jerry cans of gasoline, and a myriad of other items. Several hot hours later, they arrived at the Observatory and Judy and the twins got their first look at their home for the next two weeks.

The cabin consisted of precisely two rooms: a common room in front and a sleeping room in the back. There were three bunk beds and an old-fashioned tube frame bed in the bunk room, and a kitchenette, wooden chairs ranging from rustic to merely antique, and a large plain deal table which did double duty as dining room table and desk taking up most of the front room.

The observatory, once the equipment was installed, had enough room for two people to sit by the eyepiece.

"Now look here," announced the Professor as she showed them the sleeping accommodations, "Every once in awhile we get a couple, either already when we arrive or during the stay here. I don't mind couples, ah, coupling, but if you must, there's a tool shed we'd all prefer you use. It's not great for sleeping, but the couple won't be doing any sleeping in there anyway." She seemed to be looking at Paul and Colette rather particularly for some reason. Judy observed Colette's full body blush and how they seemed to be avoiding looking at each other. "In addition, I haven't brought any condoms. Obviously I expect everyone to behave!" The crowd snickered.

Everyone quickly stripped, using their clothes to claim their preferred bunk, then went out to the trailers to unload and stow all the gear.


Once everything had been put away (and the meticulously organized Professor seemed to have a labelled place for everything), the observatory set up and readied for use, the solar power collectors set up and powering up the batteries the laptop and telescope would need, and the water tower filled with well water using the gas-operated pump, everyone was ready for some supper and a rest — but first, a bath.

Judy was first under one of the three shower heads. "Ahem!" came a throat clearing sound from Angeline. "I recommend you do not have a shower today, and from tomorrow have your showers just before sundown."

"Why?" asked Jean-Pierre.

In answer, Angeline pulled the lever for the shower head that Judy was standing under. A very loud scream rent the air.

"Because you just filled the tower up from the well, the water is still icy cold," advised Angeline matter-of-factly.

"Oh, th-th-thanks for t-t-telling us," Judy chattered. She was covered in goosebumps and her nipples were sticking out at attention, but everybody pretended not to notice.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.