The Return of Lilly Rose - Cover

The Return of Lilly Rose

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Chapter 8

She feels blissful. A whole month living in the house, she begins acting like a matriarch. She would pick the boys up from school. Her life in the organization was almost forgotten. She cooked and cleaned for all of them. Of a night, the boys would curl up next to her and watch television. She would join them for martial arts classes three nights a week. Lane and she become closer. She falls deeply in love with him. They argue about unnecessary things. He told her it is better to argue about inconsequential things than to argue about important things. They become as one.

Mick waits for Lane and her to go to dinner one Friday night. He finds her cell phone. He goes through the numbers and finds the one that says dad. He knows someone is worried about her. He dials the number.

"Hello this is Paul Smith."

"Paul my name is Mick. I called to let you know your daughter is safe."

"Where is she?"

"Right now she is out with a friend of mine."

"As long as she is safe."

"She is."

"Can you tell me where you are? I need to talk to her."

"Tell you what, you fly in to Springfield Missouri tomorrow. I will pick you up."

"Where in the hell is Springfield Missouri?"

"Just get a ticket asshole and call me back." He gives Paul the phone number.

A few minutes later, Paul calls him back. They arrange to meet at the airport. Mick leaves early the next morning. He picks up Paul from the airport. Paul finds that he likes the man. Mick explains the situation.

"So, you think she wants to become domesticated."

"I didn't say that. I don't think Lane or her could be domesticated. I think that they have fallen in love with each other. I only wanted you to know she was safe. I had to charge her phone to get your number. The simple life does have some appeal to people in the fast lane."

"I know exactly what you mean. Ever since I got married my life is a little slower."

"I love your daughter as if she was my own sister. If you have come here to hurt her or cause her pain, I will kill you. She is now a part of my family."

"Don't worry Mick, we love each other a lot. I just came out here to see if she is ok. I also need to find out what she wants to do."

"I don't think she knows. Her falling in love with Lane has made it more complicated."

"Who is this Lane fellow?"

"Well, he is a martial arts instructor, a poor bastard and my best friend."

"I take it he is a decent fellow."

"Yeah, he can be an ass to. He has a temper. I had better warn you a head of time."

"I can take care of myself. I have been in the game for years."

"I don't doubt that. Be careful all the same."

"I will. Thanks for calling me."

They get to the house.

"It might be a little bit before they wake up. Can I get you something to drink?"

"Water would be ok."

He gets a glass of water and places it in front of Paul. Luke comes in to the room and gets a soda out of the refrigerator. He nods on his way to the couch. He does not pay any attention to Paul. It astounds Paul. It was as if new people in his kitchen was nothing new.

He asks Mick, "I take it new people in your house is nothing new?"

"Your right, Luke thinks I bring too many strays home."

Lane comes in to the kitchen. Paul flabbergasted almost falls over in his chair.

"You're dead."

Mick stops him, "No this Lane. I take it you knew Nick too?"

"You're Lane. You look just like Nick."

"He was my older brother. Who are you?"

"I am Paul Smith."

Lane hits him between the eyes. The last time someone hit him so hard was when he tried to get Nick off vacation.

Mick grabs Lane, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"He is the son of a bitch that got Nick involved in the assassination game."

"I don't think he held a gun to Nick's head."

Paul speaks up, "He was in the game a while before I got my hands on him."

Lane reaches out his hand to help him up. As Paul gets to his feet, he repays Lane for the headache. Lane tries to pick himself up from the floor when Lilly comes in to the kitchen to investigate the commotion. She is only wearing panties and one of Lane's shirts.

She sees Paul, "Daddy." She runs over and jumps in to his arms.

"Hi baby."

"What are you doing here?"

"Mick called to let me know you were ok. I wanted to come see for myself." Mick helps Lane up from the floor. "Me and your boyfriend were just getting to know each other."

"What did you do?"

"He hit me first."

"Lane did you hit him first."

"Yeah I did. I just wish I had kept going," he says as he rubs his jaw.

Paul says, "I am glad you didn't. I am going to have a headache for a month now."

Lane chuckles, "Sorry about that."

Lilly says to no one in particular, "I guess I missed something."

The men laugh at her. They make small talk for a little bit.

Mick starts getting hungry, "Let's go get some breakfast. We can talk over food."

He heads out of the kitchen and gets the boys ready. He takes them all to a restaurant down the road. They eat and do a lot of small talk. Mick motions Lane and the boys to follow him outside to the car.

When they get outside, Lane asks, "I take it you wanted to give them some time to talk."

"Yes. You can smoke a cigarette. This is the only time."

"No big to me bubba."

Lane lights up and smiles at his friend. Lilly looks over at Paul and grabs his hands.

"Why are you really here dad?"

"I was really worried about you. Jennifer is beside herself. She thought someone got you."

"I am fine. I'm more than fine. He is the most wonderful man."

"Is it because he is a lot like Nick."

"He looks like him. They are very different on the inside. I thought it might be. That is why I stuck around to make sure."

"What about your contracts and your family?"

"I needed more than a break. I don't know if I want to go back. I am really confused."

"Honey, whatever decision you make your mom and me will always be behind you."

"Can you stay a couple of days?"

"Sure, I will call Jennifer." He pulls out his cell phone. "Hi hon. I have someone who wants to talk to you."

He hands the phone to Lilly, "Hi mom. I am fine. Dad is going to stay with me a couple of days is that ok?"

"Yes dear, that would be ok. Do you need anything?"

"No, I am doing fine."

"Keep him out of trouble. Be careful and if you need anything, you call me. Put your father back on the phone."

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Here dad, she wants to talk to you."

"Yes hon."

"I love you and take care of my baby."

"I will dear. I love you too. I will call you when I get ready to come home."

"Bye."

He hangs up, "You ready to go?"

"Yes sir. Let's just hang out today."

"Sounds good."

They meet the others at the car.

Mick, "I have to register the kids for school today. Lane why don't you take them to your mom and dad's old place. I will have Dexter teach your classes. Besides, she still has one more to go."

Lilly pipes up, "That sounds like fun. Where is it?"

Lane softly speaks, "I rarely take anyone there Mick. You know that."

"Yes, but it is time."

"Ok, I guess now that the cat is out of the bag. Danny Harlin is from my hometown. That is why I won't let you kill him. His father on the other hand has lived too long now. I still think I can save him."

Lilly smiles at her dad, "I told you he is not like Nick. Lane we can discuss it on the way to your home."

Lane, Lilly, and Paul go back to Mick's place and pick up their stuff. They drive to Springfield before heading south. Lane takes them around town to show them how large it really is. He takes them by work and talks to his boss. His boss takes them out to lunch. He is amazed that Lane actually found a beautiful woman that would put up with him. He lets Lane take all of his vacation time. After lunch, Lane takes them to his little apartment. He grabs some more of his stuff. He drives them southeast through the beautiful countryside of the Ozark Mountains.

Paul asks, "How is the fishing?"

"Pretty good, I guess. I ain't much of a fisherman. The white river has some great canoeing places. Norfork and Bull Shoals lakes are some of the best places to swim. The parts that are down here aren't as crowded as other parts. Why are you a fisherman?"

"I use to be. It has been a long time."

"If you ever get a chance to get away. I have a friend down here that I can get to take you to some of the best fishing places."

They drive through some deep cuts in the mountains. Paul notices Lane getting antsy. He wonders only for a few minutes, when a siren goes off behind them.

Lane swears under his breath, "That stupid fucker."

Lilly asks, "What's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it. This is the reason the father has to go."

He rolls down his window and pulls the car over. As soon as the car stops, he starts to get out of the car. Paul makes a move to do the same.

"Paul sit tight, I can handle this."

He gets out of the car. He walks towards the sheriff's department car. The officer jumps out of the car and heads toward him with his hand on his weapon. Lane gets within a few feet of him.

"Hi Jeffery. Why are you pulling me over?"

"I was told to give tickets to out of town speeders. You don't live here anymore."

"I wasn't speeding."

"You were doing ten miles over the limit."

"Jeffery are you stupid?"

"What?"

"I asked you if you are stupid. It is a reasonable question."

"I am an officer of the law. I can throw you in jail for that."

"I guess you are stupid. Did you ask your boss before you pulled me over?"

"Why should I call the sheriff? He is a busy man."

"I said your boss not the sheriff."

"You are under arrest."

"Jeffery you should remember what happened to you and your boss the last time you tried."

"I don't care. You are under arrest. Now, turn around and place your hands on the car."

"Night, night Jeffery," he says as he jumps. He hits the officer on the jaw with his elbow. The officer hits the floor unconscious. He takes the man's weapon out of the holster. He unloads the weapon and throws it in to the woods as far as he could throw it. He grabs the officer by the shirt collar and drags him back to his car. He opens the back of the officer's car and not so gently throws him in it. He walks back to his car.

"Paul do you mind driving my car. Just follow me. I want to take this rat back to his master."

"No I don't mind. I kind of want to meet his master."

Lane walks back to the officer's car and pulls back on to the highway. They arrive on the outskirts of a small town and the officer finally wakes up.

He starts screaming from the back of the car, "I am going to make sure you go to jail for the rest of your life."

Lane ignores him. When they pull around the square and don't stop at the courthouse, Paul wonders what is going on. Lane pulls in front of the bank. He gets out of the car before Paul can even park. The officer is still screaming in the backseat of the car. Lane goes inside the bank and returns a few seconds later.

"Why aren't we over at the courthouse?"

"His master is the president of the bank and guess what?"

"I hate to ask, what?"

"He is in his office. Do me a favor, watch my back?"

"Ok, what am I watching for?"

"His lackeys are going to come running out of the courthouse."

Lane opens the back door of the officer's car. The officer tries to jump him. Lane hits him between the eyes knocking him out again. He grabs the man by the collar and drags him in to the bank. Paul and Lilly follow him in to the bank. Paul sees four officers come running out of the courthouse.

"Lane your welcoming committee is on its way."

"We are ok. They won't come rushing in to the bank."

He drags the man through the secretary's right up to the president's door.

His secretary says, "Lane what have you done?"

"Don't worry Becky. I am just returning some unwanted trash Brian left out on the highway. Are you going to open the door?"

"I will not."

"Ok."

Lane turns and kicks the door open. A couple of the secretary's scream. Lane is not fazed. He drags the man in to the office. The man behind the desk jumps up.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.