The Return of Lilly Rose - Cover

The Return of Lilly Rose

Copyright© 2010 by Calma

Chapter 5

Lilly's phone rings, "Hello."

"Lilly it is Cal. You and Petra quit messing around. It is time for you to go to work."

"I don't want to go to work today."

"Come on get out of bed. I am fixing to go check on our friend Bill. Don't you want to know?"

"I will be there in a few. Your lucky this time."

He laughs, "Hurry up. I will wait for you at Serenity."

She hangs up, runs, and jumps in the shower. When she runs back to her bedroom, Petra passes her in the hall. She grabs her right breast and squeezes it laughing. Petra slaps her on the ass. She meets Cal out front of Serenity. They head to Tom Inman's office

Cal, "Morning Tom, how are things this morning."

"Not to bad Cal. Who do I owe, for you to grace me with your presence?"

"Don't blame me if you bet Nick in a football game. You should of known better."

"I did know better. I can't believe the best quarterback in the game could throw so many interceptions. Good morning Lilly, I can't believe you still hang out with this pirate."

She laughs, "Someone has to. He would get in more trouble if I wasn't around."

He asks, "What brings you to my domain?"

She asks, "Your new employee."

"Mr. Roberts? Why do you want to know about him?"

Cal says, "Professional curiosity, he didn't seem like the book worm type."

"Well he has some excellent credentials."

"How good are they?"

"He has an architect and engineering degrees from two of the best schools in the Midwest. He was recommended to the Organization by the architect who designed the entire facility."

"Do you know this architect?"

"Yeah, he hired me to design and install the hydrogen turbines we use."

"Good, lets get him on the phone. I want to know more about Mr. Roberts."

"Ok Cal."

He calls Randolph Hayes.

Randolph answers the phone, "Randolph Hayes architecture."

"Randolph this is Tom Inman."

"Tom how are you?"

"I am good. I need to ask about a man you referred to the Organization, Bill Roberts?"

"What about him?"

"Did you recommend him?"

"Why yes I did. Is he in some kind of trouble?"

"No nothing like that. I just needed to know more about him."

"Good that young man doesn't need trouble. He is too nice for that."

"What can you tell me about him?"

"Well he is one of the finest architects I have ever worked with. He's the one that designed and engineered the elevator system for the facility."

Cal whispers in Tom's ear. He asks, "Did he know who he was designing it for?"

"No, I never told him. Are you sure he is not in trouble?"

"No, he is fine Randolph. I have one more question. He says he is an electrical engineer. Can you verify that?"

"Sure, he got his degree when he was working for me."

"Thanks Randolph. I have one more question. Where did he go after he left you?"

"I'm not sure. He told me he got a very lucrative offer from a company out of Canada."

"Randolph you have been a big help. Sorry I took up so much of your time."

"No problem, when you see Bill tell him he can come back to work for me anytime."

"I will. Goodbye."

Tom hangs up the phone, "Well Cal what do you think?"

"I guess he is legit. Does his file say what company he went to work for in Canada?"

He looks through the file, "Fiber tech out of Quebec. He has a phone number for them. Do you want me to call them?"

"What the hell, why not?"

"Ok."

Tom calls the number and a female voice answers, "Fiber Tech how may I direct your call?"

"Human resources please?"

"One moment."

A male voice answers, "Human resources this is Todd. Can I help you?"

"Todd my name is Tom Inman. I am doing a past employment check on Bill Roberts. Can you help me?"

"Give me a second and let me pull up his file." A few seconds goes by. "Here it is. Bill Roberts, he was employed with us for the past five years. He quit a couple of months ago. It says here he quit for personal reasons. Anything else I can help you with?"

"No thanks Todd. I appreciate your help. Goodbye"

Tom hangs up the phone. Cal asks, "How come you didn't ask what he did for them?"

"Because they would never tell me."

"Why not?"

"You're dealing with a large company. They would never give out any personal details or company information. That is the way of corporations."

Cal thanks him for his time. Lilly and him heads to the director's office. He thinks to himself maybe Bill Roberts is legit. But, in the back of his mind, something troubles him. They do not stop at the secretary's desk to check in.

"Cal don't you know how to knock."

"Why are you afraid I will see something I am not suppose to?"

"It isn't that. I could have been dealing with something that was none of your business."

"Sorry John. I talked to Father last night. They know where Spider is. Lilly, Christina and me are going after him. Do you have any objections?"

"No, I couldn't stop all of you if I tried."

Lilly asks, "John last night Petra and Cal told us of Nick's old partner that turned bad. Can you tell me his name and who he was?"

"I have no idea. Paul might know. I do know there were three or four of them that hung out together. Paul should know who they were."

Lilly ponders this a moment. Cal looks at her trying to get her to leave.

John asks her, "Are you going to finish your contracts before you take off?"

"I have six of them. I don't know if I will have time." She looks at Cal with the question in her eyes.

"You will have time. Christina and I will help you. We get fifty percent of your take though."

She hugs him, "Thanks."

John smiles at them. She kisses him on the cheek. They head back to Serenity. Lilly calls Christina and tells her to meet them there. Cal tells her to get her contracts and all of her research together and meet them at the restaurant. They meet up at the booth. Lilly puts the contracts on the table. Cal pulls them towards him. He looks through each one. He gives two of the files to Christina, he keeps one and pushes the other three back to Lilly.

"Those three are specials. I don't have the skills needed for them."

"I know. I still haven't figured out how to take out Danny Harcourt. His family runs that town. What a piece of shit. He is arrested for drunk driving and the mayor fires the cop that arrested him. I guess I could get him drunk and push him off a cliff. All I have to do is get close to him. I will take the other two out first. I appreciate your help."

Christina smiles, "I am not doing anything anyway. These two are going to be quick and quiet anyway."

He says, "We have a week to finish this. I am going to go see Father and make our plans. You two need to get busy. Lilly lay off Petra once in a while. You are getting bags under your eyes and your ass is getting a little chunky."

Lilly hits him in the arm. She goes around the table and pummels him in to the corner. He is laughing so hard he cannot defend himself. She reaches down and grabs his testicles.

He screams, "Whoa! Hold on I was only teasing. There is no reason to go there."

Fred comes running out of the kitchen with a cleaver in hand. He sees it is just them acting like kids again.

"Lilly let him go. All of you sit down and play nice."

She releases his testicles and stands up. He sits up right and she belts him in the solar plexus. He was not expecting it and loses his air. He points at her gasping for a breath.

She laughs and sits down satisfied, "You should know better than to mess with me."

He finally catches his breath. They sit talking and laughing for a while.

Lilly gets up, "I have to go. I need to get a new dress for tonight."

Christina jumps up, "Shopping, can I go with you?"

"Sure, we'll see you later Cal."

"Good, I will make sure to have the exterminator there to take care of your cooties."

She laughs and hits him in the arm again, "Behave or I will have Fred come back out here with his cleaver."

"It would probably be better than having Raven see all of my bruises. She will probably think I am cheating on her."

"You are cheating on her with me. Catch you later. Call me when you get everything done with Father."

"Ok."

Christina and her take off to do some shopping. She knows she will probably just borrow one of Petra's slinky dresses. However, it has been a long time since she has hung out with Christina. They live in the same house and rarely see each other. They go in to several stores and do not see anything they like. Christina points to a new boutique. They decide to check it out. It looks like a very upscale place until they check out the prices. Christina grabs a few clothes off the rack. Lilly looks around and sees a sleek, semi-mini, navy blue dress. She pulls it off the rack. The material is really thin and stretches. She strips off her dress in the middle of the store and tries it on. She falls in love with it. She takes it back off and the sales lady sees her.

The lady says, "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I had to see if it fit."

The lady laughs, "No silly, why are you stripping in the middle of the store."

"Whoops, I am so sorry. I forgot where I was." The lady helps her put on her other dress quickly. "What is this dress made out of. There is no tag."

"It is made of silk and cotton and the reason there is no tag is because I make them myself. I am Susie."

"Lilly. These are wonderful. I think you need to talk to my friend Petra."

"Petra, is she the one that owns the shop on the other side."

"Yes, do you know her?"

"No only by reputation, I hear she does a lot of importing and exporting. I went to her shop when I first arrived to check out my competition. Her sales woman is a snob."

She laughs, "Yes she is, but she can find anyone clothes and they fit like a glove. She also designs some of the clothes. Next time you go over there, ask for Petra. I will tell her you are coming by. I will take one of these in blue, black and dark green if you have them."

"I most certainly do. Let me go get them. I will meet you at the counter. Do you need any underwear? I have some made out of the same material."

"I don't wear any unless it is that time of the month. Then I wear granny panties."

"I have something that is much better." She pulls a tape measure out of her pocket and measures Lilly's waist. "I will grab you a couple of pairs. Any color you prefer?"

"I like pink or white."

"Ok I will be right back."

Lilly goes to the counter to wait.

Christina comes running up to her, "What do you think?"

"It's slutty enough. How does it feel?"

"Great, I think I will get all of it."

Susie comes back to the counter, "Hi." She looks at Lilly, "I assume this is a friend of yours."

"Yes, this is Christina. She only lives for two things shopping and men."

Christina punches her in the arm, "Hey, I resemble that remark."

They laugh and pay for their purchases. They leave the shop and head to Petra's.

Christina asks, "Do you miss Nick very much anymore?"

"All of the time. Why?"

"I miss Haygood. But, it is getting harder and harder to remember him. Sometimes I can see his face clearly and other times it's a blur."

"I don't know. I can still see Nick's face. The ones I don't remember are the ones I have killed. I try to remember Devlin's face. They seem like ghosts. Knowing they were my family and were evil, I guess makes it easier to forget them. Why are you wondering?"

"I think I am in love."

"With whom?"

"Wei."

"That's wonderful. But, what did Father say about it?"

"I haven't told him. Wei said he mentioned it to him and Father didn't say anything."

"Maybe, he is waiting to see if it will work out between you. I have a date to get ready for. Come home and help me."

"Ok, I want to show Petra what I bought. I hope she isn't mad because we bought it somewhere else."

"I wouldn't worry about it. Some of her negligees are from Victoria's Secret. I don't think she will hold it against us."

They get to Petra's. Roxanne tells them she has gone to Serenity for lunch. Lilly takes the bags upstairs and they take off to find Petra. Petra is sitting in the booth crying.

Lilly asks, "Petra what's wrong?"

Petra hands her an envelope, "Nick mailed it to me six years ago from Italy."

Lilly hurriedly pulls it out of the envelope. It read:

My dearest Petra,

Someday, I am going to get tired of asking. I am hoping this time you will say yes. I am tired of wiping out the scum of the earth. I want to settle down. Enclosed is something that I hope will help you make up your mind.

I Love You,

Nick

Lilly asks, "What did he send you?"

Petra opens her enclosed fist. In her hand sat a ring. The ring had a karat diamond in the middle and two half-karat diamonds on each side. Lilly takes the ring and reads the inscription on the inside. 'To My Beloved Our Love Shall Always Be.' Lilly sits beside her and holds her.

"How come you never said yes?"

"I didn't think I could bear losing him if we were married. I was wrong. I can't bear it now either."

She sits there sobbing. Christina motions for Lilly to take her home. Lilly nods and helps her out of the booth. Fred opens the doors for them. Lilly takes her home and puts her to bed. Christina stays in the living room. Lilly comes out a few minutes later.

"That was fun. I hope he didn't send her any more surprises. I don't think I can handle any more."

Christina, "I know."

"I'm going to take a shower. You can do my hair."

"Ok." They head to the bathroom to get ready for Lilly's big night.

He gets off work and goes to the warehouse. The place is taking shape.

Gaylord meets him at the door, "What do you think?"

"It looks great."

"Another month and we will have everything top side finished. I checked on Mikey and Steve. They have the new ladder installed and the mesh screen finished. You can probably order your bobcats now."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.