Princess Linden, the Avenger of Calvar! - Cover

Princess Linden, the Avenger of Calvar!

Copyright© 2010 by BikeWriter

Chapter 7: True Love Revealed

The next time Vandar was confronted with Linden was at the reception to announce their Betrothal. He had a thought it was as if the Stars had ordained they would meet at the ballroom doors. The stately, ever present, and loyal Count Sir Klaron escorted Linden.

Actually, Linden had been ready hours ahead of time and had her spies in place all over the Castle watching for Vandar. That was why they were "destined" to meet at the door so she could reveal her love for him. She was shocked at some of the things even a good girl would go through to get her man, but then again, why try to argue with success?

Princess Linden the Ever Lovely was even more alluring than Vandar had ever seen her. He felt that the blossoming attraction of her youthful body, her flawless complexion, and perfect features actually rivaled the mature beauty of his Mother who had long been considered the ultimate of feminine beauty in the Kingdom.

Vandar bowed to Linden; she curtsied prettily in return. Count Klaron surrendered her hand to Vandar with an odd glint of amusement in his eyes and retreated a slight distance away. Vandar took her hand gently to escort her to her Throne. He was determined to do his best not to disturb their uneasy truce and upset her again.

Vandar looked at Linden's lovely countenance; there was no sadness in her now. In fact there was a saucy look of mischief in her eyes Vandar had not seen there for some time. Linden stood her ground for a moment and the grip of her hand firmed surprisingly as she put her other small hand provocatively on her shapely hip. "Mother and I have had a little chat, Prince Vandar." Linden spoke with confidence as she smiled radiantly. "She explained a few things about men to me."

"Oh, and what few th-things might that be?" Vandar managed to stammer.

"She gave me some hints about the relationships between men and women." Linden told Vandar as her heart raced. "She also told me she has found that to prevent misunderstandings, sometimes a woman has to stop being coy and simply tell a man what she honestly desires."

Vandar had to consciously refrain from gripping her seemingly delicate hand over-strongly. He tried to think of something witty and smart to say, but he only managed to humbly ask her, "And what is it you honestly desire, dearest Linden?"

She gave him an angelic smile that he would remember to the end of his days. She drew nearer to him and looked deeply into his eyes as she whispered for him alone to hear. "I knew, from the first Magic moment I saw you, the day I called you my Husband would be the happiest day of my life!"

Vandar's knees threatened to give out on him. He pulled his wits together and, for the first time in years, he managed to do the right thing when flustered by Linden. He bowed and brought her dear fragile-seeming, delicate hand to his lips!

Vandar's heart was thumping gaily and his mind soared! He somehow managed to quell the shout of triumph and relief that came to his throat. He sighed deeply and then spoke from his wildly beating heart. "Dearest Linden. With those few words you have destroyed the doubts about your feelings that have tormented me for years. I assure you my own feelings have ever been the same for you!" He saw she smiled even more radiantly as she looked up into his ecstatic face.

The ever-watchful Sir Klaron laughed openly at this happy resolution of his beloved Princess's love life. Vandar gave Sir Klaron a relieved and grateful look. Now he understood that Sir Klaron had tried before to assure him of Linden's feelings. He got a happy wink and grin in return.

The happy Prince escorted Linden proudly to her Throne, and again kissed her hand gallantly after seating her. This departure from their usual strained demeanor caused eyes to be raised and ribs to be nudged among the Court. Wild whispers flew like larks around the hall.

Vandar reluctantly gave up Linden's hand and walked with a newfound confidence to his own Throne and sat. He and his delightful Linden caressed each other with their eyes and adoring smiles. An electric charge seemed to arise between them. Some of the insiders had heard rumors, but all the onlookers now instantly sensed important events were soon to transpire.

The arrival of the King and Queen temporarily took the attention of the crowd from the incomparable young pair of Royals. It might have been the elation Vandar felt that influenced him to think even his Father walked with a livelier step as he escorted Queen Camden in.

After the King and Queen were seated, Lord Kildar the Shrewd stood before the excited assembly. He unrolled a scroll, coughed prestigiously to get everyone's attention, and began to read:

"Hear ye, hear ye. People of Zuldar. Loyal subjects of King Wildar the Ever Benevolent, Wise and August Ruler of Zuldar, Protector of the Kingdom of Calvar, Hero of the Realm and of Queen Camden, the Ever Beauteous."

"Our beloved King and Queen wish to announce the joyous and auspicious ocassion of the Betrothal and future Marriage of their Son, Prince Vandar the Incontinent, Heir Apparent to the Throne of Zuldar! He is to be wedded to their Kinswoman and foster Daughter, Princess Linden the Ever Lovely, Radiant Flower of Calvar, Rightful Heir, and soon to be Ascendant to the Throne of the Kingdom of Calvar!"

Another brief flurry of excited whispers and exclamations whirled like wind-driven snow among the Court as Lord Kildar paused to catch his breath after the lengthy proclamation. "It is Their Majesties wish that all of their loyal subjects present join them in food and drink. Dance and make merry to show your boundless joy at their wondrous announcement!"

This was Prince Vandar's cue to act. He rose and strode to Linden's side as she rose. He took her hand, he kissed it, and then he placed a Betrothal ring with a large, flawless diamond setting on her finger.

This ring had been in their Family for hundreds of years. He then took her hand and kissed it again. He felt a tremendous elation and his chest seemed to swell as he looked into the deep, dark pools of Linden's adoring eyes!

At this, dozens of servants trooped through the wide doors carrying huge tables already covered with sumptious food and kegs of drink. Troops of musicians with lutes, harps, drums, and other assorted instruments came in other doors. They began playing immediately and Vandar led Linden in the first dance.

Everyone in the vast hall were as Spellbound at the sight of the flawlessly handsome Prince and incomparably beautiful Princess, as they began a slow swirling dance that exhibited their dazzling finery and refined elegance. The tune then evolved to a faster pace that the two were more than equal to that showed to best advantage their agility and quickness of step.

The dancers also seemed to be Entranced at the Magic of the moment. They spun faster and faster until they reached a seemingly inhuman pace. Their eyes were locked in their swift mating dance, which was as primal as that of any wild animal species.

More than one observer later swore the two seemed to be literally dancing on air for a time. As the dance finally slowed and ended the two young lovers stopped, almost as if suspended in time, then they stood gazing into each other's loving eyes for a long Enchanted moment.

Someone finally stirred and the one movement seemed to break the Spell that had frozen the others. They all resumed what they had been doing before the first dance began.

The second tune began and the Magic seemed to have eased enough for the others to join in. King Wildar asked the vibrant Queen Camden to join him in showing the youngsters how dancing was really done.

Vandar was wildly happy and sensually aroused by dancing closely with Linden now that their mutual love had been openly acknowledged. He had flirted with the maids and some of the all too willing to please Daughters of members of the court, but to be free to openly court such a vivacious creature as his Beloved was sheer delight to him!

The touch of her body, seemingly soft and fragile on the surface, but with an inner strength of an animal-like intensity seemed a perfect match for his own. Vandar's earlier clumsiness with Linden had vanished as soon as their mutual love had been disclosed and she soon told him she thought him to be very witty and dashing.

The two danced to another couple of lively tunes then they took a break. A crowd of their Friends and other admiring members of the Court immediately surrounded them. Lady Veralee came closer to Vandar to graciously apologize and they laughed gaily and in relief, about their absurd misunderstandings of the recent past.

The King and Queen finished their dance and they strolled over to the tables as the surrounding throng made way. When Wildar approached everyone became attentive. He smiled broadly and opened his strong arms; Linden and Vandar both impetuously rushed to embrace him.

"My precious Children, my own Royal Treasures! It isn't often a poor over-worked King's decisions about affairs of state are so well received." He laughed heartily. "I hear our wise and beautiful Queen had a large part in making this one work out." The King looked at his Queen with infinite love in his eyes as she joined him in embracing the young celebrants.

"Never has there been a more Enchanted evening, my beloved King and Queen." Vandar spoke emotionally as he bowed deeply. Linden tearfully joined Vandar in thanking the Monarchs. "And never a more grateful and devoted Prince and Princess!" She said in her sweet voice.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.