Sow and Reap
Interlude #10: Atemu's Legend

Copyright© 2010 by Serena Jones

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Interlude #10: Atemu's Legend - Yu-Gi-Oh FanFiction. Seto/Joey/Atemu. Yaoi. When Seto takes an impromptu vacation he throws everyone's life into chaos. Includes some very non-standard pairings. Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of it's related. I am not making nor do I seek to make any financial gain from this. I just wrote a fanfic based on the sources mentioned. NOTE TO READERS: Chapter 1 is a bit slow for a reason. Give me until Chapter 3 before you condem this story. All is calm before the storm.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Ma   Ma/mt   mt/mt   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   Fan Fiction   Cheating   Group Sex   Oriental Male   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Voyeurism  

It was my own fault; I had known for thousands of years that the man could not be trusted. Priests never can be.

It was my own foolishness to fall in love with a priest. Their duties often include sexual congress thus finding naked slaves writhing beneath them is to be expected. Seto's personal carnal appetites had always lent themselves to the occupation. In his current incarnation, he had lost none of his libidinous nature. Sex was still a tool for him – although he seemed to think it was also a pleasure.

I am a living God. I will not be used as a tool.

It would be so easy to punish him for this. It was a constant temptation. The Shadow Realm had spirits that sold their souls long ago for creatures like him. Indeed, his own evil side lay in wait. I tried to tell myself that I was not that cruel.

But the truth was that Yugi was not that cruel. I saw no reason not to make my enemies suffer for all eternity.

Still, despite knowing that Seto's ego often outpaced his heart, I have loved him for millennia. Seeing him – even ill – I could scarcely contain myself. That I was the first person he requested to see when he woke warmed my heart beyond all joy. The time we'd spent together since, however, had been bittersweet. He would not give his heart freely to me.

And I could not give mine freely to him.

Joey plagued us both.

I wasn't sure, when I first heard the name, if Joey was the one I had known in the Shadow Realm. What one sees and hears there was sometimes distorted; the soul's face was not always the body's. Seto was unique. He had been a constant through time and space. But Joey ... Joey was different.

I was still joined to Yugi, a cursed spirit seeking an answer to a riddle I did not know. Playing a game without rules, but trying to score points without knowing how. Without Yugi, I could have spent all of eternity as an unbound soul locked beyond nothingness. Even now, after going to the Afterlife and returning to the physical world, the thought of returning to that state threatens to drive me mad.

Yugi grounded me, gave me purpose beyond my literally meaningless existence. While we were joined, I could see through Yugi's eyes, but not his intellect. Had I realized who 'Kaiba' was then, I would have used Yugi's body in other, more intimate, ways. I could only see what Yugi saw of the people around us except in the Shadow Realm. There, I saw his friends as their aspects.

Yugi and I learned from each other, temperance, strength and wisdom. He saw the light in all around him; I saw the dark.

Fighting his battles was a chance to repay him. But I was half mad. And the Shadow Realm was always so near. I used it at will to protect Yugi.

Then I discovered that others in this time could use the Realm as I did.

Marik used it. He captured several of Yugi's friends, planning to take control of the Gods and enslave the world. To open the very gates my sacrifice sealed. Joey dueled against Marik. He promised me that together, we would not be defeated; that we would save the world together. He nearly succeeded in defeating Marik too; but in the final seconds, he did not have the strength to prevail and was banished to the Shadow Realm.

Yet, it did not consume him. He was able to fight the Shadows and dueled his way to my side. My Dragon was able to reach Yugi's essence within the shadows and give him the key we needed to win.

But no mere human is a match for the Realm's power and helping me cost him the last of his will.

Time flows differently in the Realm. It has no linear meaning. I healed him and thanked him for his sacrifice with the only coin I had. Myself. My strength. I held him, touched him, poured my essence into him. He awoke from the Realm's grasp and supported Yugi and I from the sidelines as we defeated Marik.

Months later, Yugi and the others helped me restore my true name and take my rightful place in the Afterlife among the Gods and my ancestors.

With the Gods' assistance, I used the Realm's power to erase some of Yugi's – and much of his friends' – memories. Leaving them with the truth of the ancient magics they possessed after I was gone to the Afterlife would have been too dangerous.

I wanted to divide them all; separate them so that their friendship did not revive memories best lost. I pushed the Mage Girl and the thief away. But I could not leave my Other Self alone that way. He needed friends; brothers he could count on until I could be reborn and join him. And so, I left the Warrior and my Dragon to care for my Light until the next life.

The Warrior was pragmatic enough that it took little effort to erase the ancient magic from his mind. He scarcely believed what he'd seen, and thus, I took nothing meaningful from him. Dragon's memories, however, were part of the strength that saved me; much of that I could not take from him.

As for the others who witnessed those mystic events, I shrouded their minds letting them believe the events were a dream and the magic merely a part of the game.

The Shadow Realm is a magic place and dueling in it, whether with cards or bodies, casts powerful spells. Controlling, Summoning, Banishing.

Binding.

I didn't know. I didn't realize that Dragon and I were bound until I reached the Afterlife. Seto had chosen to be reborn at the end of his mortal life and though the Afterlife was not empty, I did not wish to spend endless ages with my ancestors.

So, I challenged Set. He professed all mortal souls to be alike. I disagreed and wagered that if I could find one soul in all time and space, he would restore my life to that place and time and allow me a normal lifespan. I had assumed that the depth of my love would lead me to Seto and choose him as my prize. We were blood-bound when we were twelve.

I followed the thread wrapped around my heart. I found it lead to two dragons entwined, black and white.

In my Priest's arms, I found my Dragon. Such is the humor of the Gods. Three souls, three bindings. Like Orion and the Temples at Giza. Mintaka, Alnilam, Alnitak; we were Triad.

But I did win the wager. That Set restored me while Yugi was visiting my collapsed temple was a gift and, I suspected, proof that the God may not be as chaotic as he claimed to be. That Seto's symbol of office – the delicate glass ankh I restored to him at Christmas – survived all the millennia and the temple's collapse was another gift.

The moment I saw Seto again, with my own eyes, I knew that my love for him was truly eternal. But when I heard Joey's voice, I had to stop myself from running to him; from finding him wherever he was and prostrating myself like a slave before him. I knew that to hold true to my Priest, I could never see my Dragon again.

The fact that, somehow, Seto was as bonded to him as I am was maddening. I could not have one for the other. Set is truly the God of Chaos.

"Yami?"

Grandpa's voice pulled me from my dreary thoughts and back to my current time and place; Kame Game Shop at 4:30 on a weekday afternoon.

"Yami, would you get another box of BattleTech figs from the back room? Thank you, son."

Then, I was Pharaoh. Now, I am Stock Boy. I was beginning to tire of the difference.

I could compete again. My dueling had called into question some of Yugi's past victories, but we had been able to resolve most of the issues at the tournament in September. I had done well – achieving the rank of Champion over the two-day event – but there was no longer any personal challenge. I long ago mastered the art of dueling. I had recently placed highly in a Go tournament. The game was challenging, but dull. I was entering a chess tournament soon and expected a similar result. I found video games more entertaining, but sitting for hours on end playing them aggravated me.

I needed a new game. I was tired of the old ones.

"Of course, Grandpa." I replied. Mutou Solomon was every bit the authoritarian that Grand Vizier Shimon Muran had been, even if the centuries had mellowed his personality. I would never have suggested it to him, but shopkeeper suited him.

I brought out the figs, and some cards and a few other pieces of stock that needed replenishing. Then I watched the register while Grandpa went home for the evening. It occurred to me that with Yugi traveling so frequently, this small shop might become my new kingdom. I did not relish the prospect.

I got through the evening somehow. Business was slow, but steady, and should have been made that much more tolerable when Mokuba and Isis arrived.

"I live to serve, Pharaoh." Isis greeted me in Coptic.

"Priestess." I said. She was the only one I'd met in this time that spoke the old tongue – although Mokuba was learning it. "Brother." I greeted him in Japanese. "What brings you here?"

"Boredom." He laughed and sat on the counter next to the register. "I'm stuck here until the semester ends. Seto won't let me quit school altogether and I don't want to waste a semester transferring in the middle. So since Nanny here won't let me have any real fun, we thought we'd come see you."

"You are still a child." Isis said calmly. "And you're still in my care. You can have all the fun you want when your brother is responsible."

"Responsible he can manage." I said more bitterly than I intended.

"You know what happened with Shuzo had nothing to do with you." Mokuba sat on the edge of the counter and rifled through the card packs there. "He would have fought Seto's budget every step of the way. The new woman, Edo, she's more interested in making the new structure work than fighting us."

"I have no disagreement with the way your brother runs his business." I said simply.

"Just with the way he runs his life."

"I am second to no one."

"What's the big deal?" He shrugged. "Get over it already. He fucked that guy months ago."

"Mokuba!" Isis admonished. "Language."

"My language is perfectly appropriate." He went on. "They didn't make love which might imply an on-going relationship. It was a one-time, carnal event expressly for the purpose of entrapment. The opportunity presented itself and Seto took it." He looked at me sharply. "You would have done the same."

"That is different." Isis leapt in before I could answer. "Atemu is Pharaoh. He is allowed some freedoms."

"Atemu might have been," the boy countered, "but Yami isn't. And Seto IS Kaiba. We are allowed certain freedoms as well."

"I do not share my affections." I snapped.

"Neither does my brother. It wasn't affection he shared." He jumped off the counter. "You're the reason he's miserable again! Get over it, already! Why does everybody want to make him suffer? Hasn't he been through enough?" He stalked out of the store.

Isis sighed. "Forgive him, Sire. He and Seto have been arguing as well recently."

"The Prince is very disagreeable these days."

"If I may speak freely?" She asked tentatively.

I laughed. "You've never hesitated before. Do you know how rare it was to have a Priestess so high in the royal court?"

She smiled. "You have been less than agreeable recently as well." I frowned. "I don't think him cheating on you was right, but perhaps you should talk to him about it."

"Perhaps." I agreed.

She left. The rest of the night was empty. I restocked everything, swept, and closed the store at the proper time.

I went to the apartment above, slipped out of the window and sat on the roof looking out at the night sky.

I wanted to talk. To Dragon not Priest. Except that this unfaithful act of Seto's was the very same act that parted Seto and Joey in the first place. I would be provoked beyond reason if they both proved unfaithful.

But Dragon could not be unfaithful to me. Not in his heart.

There was a way I could speak to Dragon and see him too. I could open the Shadow Realm and summon his spirit to me. He was open to the Realm, easier to summon because he believed in its existence. I found myself summoning him more frequently as I looked for ways to distract myself from loneliness and boredom. Dealing the cards, calling my Dragon.

Making love to him in the Shadows.

In theory, I could summon my Priest as well. He had once taught me all I know about the Realm, but Seto no longer believed. Summoning the unwilling was dangerous. The more resistance the more power needed; the more power, the greater the risk of taint, of darkness, of madness.

But Summoning Dragon was easy now. I did it often. I rarely had to finish dealing; it was more of a 'call' than a 'summons'. Dragon was almost always willing to come to me. I didn't even need my deck anymore for something as simple as opening the door for him. Yugi would undoubtedly protest my using the Realm in place of a telephone, but my other half was not here. He and his wife were content.

I reached into the air and pulled at emptyness. A dark patch appeared, spread and blocked the stars with nothingness. A moment later, the void was around me.

There were Dark spirits in the darkness, but here my spirit was Light. Dark spirits shied away from me. From Yugi, they scattered even faster as his pure spirit blazed like sunlight in this place.

Summoning – without cards – was much like remembering. His face, his hair, his voice and the way he spoke...

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.