Sow and Reap
Chapter 10: Laid Low By So Humble a Foe

Copyright© 2010 by Serena Jones

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: Laid Low By So Humble a Foe - Yu-Gi-Oh FanFiction. Seto/Joey/Atemu. Yaoi. When Seto takes an impromptu vacation he throws everyone's life into chaos. Includes some very non-standard pairings. Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of it's related. I am not making nor do I seek to make any financial gain from this. I just wrote a fanfic based on the sources mentioned. NOTE TO READERS: Chapter 1 is a bit slow for a reason. Give me until Chapter 3 before you condem this story. All is calm before the storm.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Ma   Ma/mt   mt/mt   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   Fan Fiction   Cheating   Group Sex   Oriental Male   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Voyeurism  

I was already finding it harder to wake in the mornings and virtually impossible to concentrate in class. During Cheering, my head began spinning each time I moved it more than an inch up or down. I was only able to continue because our drills are so repetitive. However, when it came time for me to execute an assisted handspring — something I'd been doing for more than a semester — I instead fell backward into a teammate.

I apologized and attempted to stand but found my legs too weak to hold me. The Coach asked if I was all right and as I answered him, my vision began to go gray. And then black.

I woke on the ground, surrounded by people but disoriented. The Coach insisted that I lay still and in truth, I had no real desire to move. The school nurse arrived and took my temperature, 41°c, which she and the Coach seemed concerned about. She asked me a number of questions about me recent health and activity level. She asked me if I was seeing anyone. Then she asked how to get in touch with my parents.

I did not want her to call my Father; if this was a passing virus, I did not want him to see my weakness. And if it were more serious, he would see to my care but my year of freedom would be over.

I knew my emergency contact has to be over 20. Honda wasn't old enough. Joey was too far away to call even if he was the right age. Bakura or Anzu could have handled things for me. They simply would have called my family physician. But no doubt I was no longer allowed access to him. The National Care system was cheap and I'm sure just as good. The nurse seemed to think I was delirious and continued to ask for my parent's phone numbers.

"Call Honda Kenshin or Kawai Shizuko." I said mostly to get her to shut up.

I closed my eyes after that. When I opened them again, I was in motion. In an ambulance; there was a paramedic taking various measurements. He asked what my name was and pointed a bright light in my eyes. Mokuba told me to just relax because everything would be fine. It seemed odd that Mokuba would be that tall or that old — he had a mustache — but I didn't have the strength to question it.

I stopped being able to follow most of the details after that. Clearly I had a fever and they seemed to be somewhat worried. But obviously it couldn't be serious. I am Kaiba Seto. I don't get sick. I have been in perfect health my entire life. They must be mistaken. I have no doubt that even viruses are afraid of my father. None of them would dare come near me.

I had the impression of opening and closing my eyes many times in a constant waking dream. I remember asking for Mazaki to give me the current status and I remember looking for Joey. I think I asked about other things, other people but none of it was clear.

When I did finally open my eyes and the room was clear, it was also dark save for a small light beside me. Kawai-san had fallen asleep reading, her book light creating just enough light for me to identify her. Clearly I was in a hospital bed; the IV in my arm confirmed that. But I couldn't figure out why she was at my side.

I tried to speak and found my throat dry and sore. I'd had a sore throat for some time I realized, but I hadn't thought much about it. There was a pitcher and a cup beside the bed but it was a struggle for me to reach them and I was too weak to lift the pitcher. "Damn it!" I muttered as I fell back on the pillow.

"Oh!" Kawai-san woke with a start. "Seto!" She sat carefully on the bed beside me. "How are you feeling?"

"Irrelevant." I managed. "Water then status." I closed my eyes again.

"How you feel right now is very relevant. Here." The cup touched my lips but she had to actually help me hold my head up to drink. "Not too much. There. Better?"

"No." Swallowing was exhausting. "Status?"

"Of what?"

"Everything." Why was this a hard question?

"Well, let's see. Last Wednesday, you were acting a little odd in class but Honda didn't realize..."

"Irrelevant!" I tried to shout but had a coughing fit instead. She tried to say something about me relaxing and I managed to talk over her. "Stock price. Did the Arena4 launch? Who has been informed of where I am. Who's running things in my absence? Status!" Which brought on more coughing.

Which brought in a pair of nurses and a rather handsome doctor and when I next opened my eyes there was sunlight and Honda sitting in the chair, snoring.

I tried to fill in the missing time. I could not deny that I was seriously ill. I undoubtedly had been in this hospital for several days, perhaps a full week. There were cards on the table beside me. Had I seen Mokuba? Unlikely. Suzuki and Takahashi visited I was fairly sure. Yugi, Mai and Yugi's ... brother?

That was a strange memory. It brought back the time I first met Yugi. Not at my condo when Joey and I reunited. But two years ago, dueling. We've faced off countless times and he's beaten me in almost every one. But when he used to duel, he always had an air of regality about himself. Not merely arrogance but the assuredness of true monarchs. He used to call himself the 'king of games' and acted accordingly. In all honesty, I had a mild crush on him breifly. The boy I saw at school was nothing like the prince I dueled. In fact, I didn't realize that he was 'the' Yugi Mutou until we entered a tournement together after Joey and I were dating. Yugi had none of his dueling presence any more and his dueling style had changed as well. But his brother ... his brother seemed like the Yugi I remembered. If, of course, I hadn't dreamed the brother's existence in the first place.

"Honda." I called out as loud as I could. "Honda."

My friend yawned. "Oh hey. Sorry. Water or status?"

I paused. "Both and then a question. Does Yugi have a brother?"

Honda had been pouring my water but stopped. "You remembered that? I told him it was too freaky." He shook his head. "I don't know who that guy is. I mean, Yugi keeps calling him his other self but that's, you know, weird."

"He used to duel for Yugi, didn't he?"

"No, Yugi's always dueled."

"No." I shook my head but it made me dizzy. I moan involuntarily.

"Oh, sorry! Here." He helped me with the water. "The doctors say you're getting better really fast but you still have to be careful."

"What the hell is wrong with me?"

"You don't know yet? You got Mono. You had a fever of, like 41. The doctor's said that you'd probably been like that a week. They still don't know why you're not dead yet."

"I am Kaiba." I said simply but the fever did scare me. "Who's been notified?"

"Me. Of course. Kawai-san, Headmaster. He was going to call your father but I told him no way. He's a little pissed about that but since you don't have a next-of-kin on record right now..."

"What?"

"Yeah, that's what made me figure you were probably right about calling your Dad. He pulled his name off your school records."

I nodded. He wanted me to come to him and beg for aid if I needed it. "Who else?"

"Well, I left Anzu and Ryou messages but they haven't returned my calls since we got back."

"Most likely, they can't. Every call they make is monitored, I'm sure, and calling you would probably be seen as an attempt to assist me."

"So? They're your friends!"

"My father sees friends as liabilities."

"Your father's kind of messed up."

I laughed. It hurt but I could not stop myself. "You have no idea." The conversation was exhausting me already. "When can I leave here?"

He winced. "That's kind of a problem. They want you to leave next week but if you don't have a caretaker, they can't release you — not without your signature — and you've been too far out for the doctors to explain everything to you. You can stay if you want, but you get charged by the day after Wednesday."

Near death and discharged after a week? "How long have I been here?"

"Two weeks. Almost three. "Oh, yeah, my Dad knows. He stayed here a couple nights when he came home. He said if you needed it, he'd take some time off next time he's on shore."

"That won't be necessary. I will release myself today." Three weeks! "Inform Takahashi that I will return to the store as soon as I can and see if I can make arrangements with the landlord..." Honda was shaking his head. "Now what?"

"Takahashi-san knows. He hired someone else. He said when you can work again, come see him and he'll see if he can find a place for you."

"When I can work again is tomorrow."

Honda shook his head again. "The doctors said total bed rest for at least another month and after that, school only — no PhysEd."

I sighed deeply. "How am I supposed to work if I'm in bed? I still have to pay my rent, damn it!"

"Not, well, see, you missed the first so on the tenth, the landlord rented your apartment to someone else."

"WHAT!"

"I got all your stuff. All of it. I got home before he started to clean it out and took everything up to my place. Hey are you ok?"

My head was swimming again. No job, no apartment, no prospects. Maybe I should go crawling back to father. Honda rushed out of the room and returned a minute later with a nurse. She began poking and prodding and rang the call button for more nurses and a doctor.

Before Honda got squeezed out completely, though, I told him to call Mokuba. "Tell him that I'm fine, but that I will need to discuss something with him." The best way to approach my father would depend in part on which advantage he believed was his. There was no point in playing to his strengths. I needed to probe his weaknesses and find a spot to strike there. If these medical people would ever leave me alone.

But this time before the senior doctor left, I made him fill me in completely. I caught Mononucleosis. With a month or more incubation, I could have had the virus for weeks before symptoms began to show. By the time I arrived at the hospital, my fever was dangerously high and they were fearing I might show signs of permanent brain damage. The mere words made my blood run cold. He asked if I'd like to take a full battery of diagnostics and I agreed. There would be a fee, but I would find a way to pay it.

They started me on antiviral medication and I started to get better. Then two days after my initial fever broke, my temperature soared to 42 and they had to put me in an ice bath just to stabilize me. The test results showed that I had developed Meningitis. They began treating me for both infections. He promised to bring me materials explaining both conditions and left me to sleep.

When I woke again, someone was leaning on my chest. Mokuba. He was far too old to be curled up next to me like he did when we were children but then I was too old to hold him there. I went back to sleep more comforted than I had been in a long time. The best part was that when I woke again, he was still there.

I kissed his forehead and he shifted. "Nii-sama?"

"Yes, brother, I am here."

"Would you be really mad at me if I didn't tell you something important?"

"I might be." I said honestly. "But I'd forgive you."

He sat up and looked at me. "Why didn't you tell me you were sick? Did you figure I'd just forgive you too?"

"I didn't want you to worry." And then more truthfully. "I didn't want you to see me like this."

"And if you died, you didn't want to say goodbye?"

"Mokuba..."

"Come home, Seto. Tell Dad you're sorry and just come home."

"I can't. If I crawl back now, he will use this against me."

"He uses everything against you. It doesn't matter if you come back now or a year from now, he'll still use it to his advantage. But I miss my brother. And KaibaCorp's down 20 points since you left."

"I didn't know you cared."

"Dad doesn't think so either but with him it's better to know more than less."

"Does he know I'm here?"

"Not from me or Isis but he has enough sources that I'd assume that he does."

"What do you think I should do?"

He smiled. "I'm biased. I want you to come home so I'm kind of on his side. But only kind of. I already know how I'm voting in October."

"Then I'd better get well so I can be there."

Even for Mokuba it was hard for me to stay focused and awake and eventually, I woke up and he was gone.

In the chair was Mutou. Or, more precisly, someone who appeared to be Mutou.

He was taller and somehow more mature without being older. And his skin was tanned bronze. Otherwise, they were identical except for this one's bearing. Even the way he sat was superior.

"The sleeper awakes." It was Mutou's voice but not his tone. "You wanted to see me?"

"I just want to confirm your existince. This explains a great deal."

"How so?"

"I found it difficult to believe that that wet sop was the true King of Games."

"And what makes you think I'm not 'that wet sop'?"

"Simple. You're not." He didn't respond and I leaned my head back. "You've answered my question. You may go. Send Honda in."

"If I am King of Games, then surely you believe you are its crown prince."

"You are welcome to disagree." He didn't leave. Actually, I didn't want him to. We sat for a while contemplating each other. "Who are you, really?" I asked finally — mostly to see if he would tell me.

"Yugi's brother?" He said with a trace of mirth. "Truly? I am the Pharaoh Atemu reborn. My spirit was locked in the Millennium Puzzle which Yugi reassembled and we shared his body until he was able to help release me to the Afterlife."

"So then how are you here?"

He gestured expansively. "I won a game."

I believed him. I believed every word. The story was too absurd to be fiction. And when we dueled — he and I not Yugi and I — he acted like a Pharaoh. "And you think you will be content to live as Mutou's brother?"

I could just see the trace of a smile around his lips. "I owe him a great debt. I will want more, eventually, but for now I can be content. Have you been content in your humble abode?"

"Yes. Quite." He was trying to bait me. It was like dueling on several levels at once. I wasn't sure which of us was winning.

There was a light tap on my door and Yugi whispered "Is he awake?"

"Yes." I answered. "Come in, Mutou."

A crowd of them entered. Mutou and Kujaku, Honda and Honda-sama, Kawai-chan. "The Cheering team is waiting outside but the nurse said they'd have to wait." Mutou said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Too many people." He replied with shrug.

I sighed. "Why are they here?"

"They're your friends. Everybody's been here at least once." He began listing names of classmates. Some of them I knew but many were only vaguely familiar. Honda added occasional clarifications.

"What do they want?" The list was irrelevant; all of those people could not be my 'friends'.

"They want to see you, Seto." Kawai-chan kissed my forehead. While I had been ill, she had been behaving more and more as if she were my mother. I suffered it only because I knew sending her own children away was difficult for her. "They care if you're ok or not."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.