Elementary My Dear Watson - Cover

Elementary My Dear Watson

Copyright© 2010 by lordshipmayhem

Chapter 1: Emma Watson's First Day

Emma Watson had just turned 11, and was going into Grade Six at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary. She'd reached the age where boys were beginning to interest her — especially that eternal question that no preteen girl can ask her parents, why were the boys her age such witless blunders? Being an only child, she had no older sister to ask.

Her crush, mystery, and occasional crusher of her ego, was one Billy Thames. Their families lived on the same block in this city located in year-round semi-tropical climes. His father and hers worked at the local plant, her mother ran a photography studio from a medium-sized downtown shop and his mother was a prominent local gynaecologist and obstetrician with a busy practise.

That morning, as she dressed for Grade Six Commencement, she reflected on the wild rumours she'd heard through the preceding year, about the school she'd be going to next year, St. Dunstan's. Apparently, they swam and played volleyball and basketball in the nude there. She wasn't too certain she wanted to go to a school where everyone ran around naked ... especially if Billy were there. Although she was forced to admit to herself that she was curious about what Billy and all the other boys looked like "down there", she wasn't sure if finding out was worth returning the favour. Still, when she broached the subject with her parents, they didn't seem terribly upset.

She looked at her wardrobe, and struggled between the light slacks and the dark. The morning temperature was already promising a warm day ahead, so would the black slacks be too warm? The cream yellow blouse, or the white one? White, blue or pink panties?

"Emma, breakfast!" called the cheerful voice of her mother.

"Coming!" Quickly, she decided on the light coloured slacks and the white long-sleeved top with ruffles down the front, gave her hair a quick comb, and skipped downstairs.

Going through the kitchen, she gave her mother a quick hug. Reaching the dining room she gave her father a peck on the cheek, plopped herself down in a chair where her juice, milk and cereal awaited her. No more sugary cereals for her — she was getting too old for that, she was almost an official "teenager", or would be at the end of this year when she would go to ... St. Dunstan's. She put those thoughts out of her mind, as a year to an 11-year-old is almost a lifetime away. Time enough to worry about those strange tales in the spring, and besides, maybe it would have all been proven a hoax or urban legend by then.

Her father put the morning paper aside. "Hurry up, dear. We're walking with you to school today."

She stared at him. 'We'? "Aren't you going to work?" she enquired.

"No, both of us have taken the day off, to go with you," volunteered her mother. "Your father's been granted a Personal Day, and Debbie can certainly handle the shop for one day."

Her father nodded agreement. "We want to be there for our little girl's special first day," he reassured her.

Her quizzical gaze shifted from one parental unit to the other. I'm hardly a kindergarten child, she thought, so what's going on?

Still, it seemed unavoidable that she'd be escorted to school. As they left together, ahead she could see Billy with his parents, obviously escorting him to school as well.

At the school, it appeared that every other classmate likewise had their parents with them. A sign directed all Grade Six students and their parents to the assembly room. As they entered, their new teacher Miss Thompson took attendance.

The students all knew something was brewing, but had no idea what. For one thing, their parents were more nervous than they should have been, and this feeling was communicating itself to their offspring.

Once the last child and parent had arrived, the principal took her place at the podium and adjusted the mike to her higher-than-average stature. She gave a quick speech welcoming the students back, thanking the parents for attending, and assuring them that the school ("old Bell El!") would be there to support them as they made their great lifestyle adjustment over the coming year.

Emma's mother had a death-grip on her hand.

Then Miss Thompson walked up to the podium, wearing a trim light-brown skirt and a light tan blouse. "Welcome to the first naturist class in the history of Sir Alexander Graham Bell Elementary. We know this will be an interesting experience, and we're counting on you to lead the way for your fellow students in the younger grades."

Emma's heart skipped a beat. She suspected she knew what the word "naturist" meant. She thought she'd heard it in connection to two institutes of higher learning: St. Dunstan's, and Gymnos.

Apparently a few of her fellow classmates had, too. There were some exclamations around the room, instantly hushed by mothers and fathers. Miss Thompson waited while the fuss died down.

"As you probably have heard, both St. Dunstan's Junior High and Buchanan High will be naturist effective today. No student or staff member there will be wearing any clothing except where required for protection." No, Emma had certainly NOT heard. "It was decided that this school's Grade 6 class would follow their example, partially to ensure that some of the incoming Grade 7 students will be used to this." Miss Thompson smiled her most sympathetic smile. "The first few days of Junior High can be traumatic enough without having to adjust to social nudity. Eventually, this program will be extended to every school in the city, from the earliest grades on up.

"The first thing we're going to do is show a film about naturism, and then we'll discuss how we'll handle this on a practical, day-to-day side." She dimmed the lights and started the DVD player, mounted underneath the podium.

The documentary started by showing the narrators, a man and a woman who from the looks of things weren't wearing anything. They discussed why go nude, how comfortable it was, the basic philosophy of nudism, and nude etiquette while scenes from nudist resorts and nude/clothing optional beaches played across the screen. They addressed children and teens, and how nudism helped them with issues of sexuality and body acceptance, showing many families playing, relaxing, even cooking in the nude. It also addressed women and social nudity. It was very well done, and by the time it was over Emma felt enlightened ... and completely terrified. Unknown to her, both her parents were likewise terrified, and they'd had advance warning of this.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.