04 Wanderer - Cover

04 Wanderer

Copyright© 2009 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Chapter 16

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

Fuck this shit! Mira was reaching for her katana and Major M just placed his hand on his sidearm! I couldn't let him draw his pistol or Mira draw her katana! I ran up, placed my hand on his and said, "Major M please do not draw your pistol or you will be shot." Then I ordered, "Mira, take your hand off your katana."

I continued, "Jack and Mira, this is my fault and my battle to fight. Both of you will cease and desist! Drop back and give the Major and me room to talk about things."

Mira replied, "L.Cpl. Blaine, I will honor your order unless the Major attempts to damage you. Then this with become an issue between him and my katana."

Jack stepped close to me and whispered, "Watch yourself Banzai because he's pissed as hell since you almost killed him."

They fell back so I looked at the Major and stated, "Sir! I think you and I need to take a walk."

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

I asked, "Are you trying to give me an order L.Cpl.?"

He smiled at me and answered, "No Sir, I was just making a suggestion that we continue the conversation which you chose to interrupt."

I was impressed with the L.Cpl's natural leadership. At first I thought he was subservient to the Sgt. Because of what the records said, but somewhere that had changed and now the Sgt. and more importantly Ms. Sedankina followed his orders. I also understood he meant to make an issue out of me striking him first without warning or provocation. Damn, he's one smart bastard.

I replied, "That sounds like a good suggestion L.Cpl. Tell me, what did you mean when you earlier said, 'Major M please do not draw your pistol or you will be shot'?" I expected he would try to side step giving me an answer.

However, he replied, "Sir! My two friends found and restrained your aide and currently have their rifles trained on you. If you had drawn your weapon they would have fired, just as your aide would have fired on me if he had the opportunity."

Well that explained what happened to my aide! But he was damn good - too good to be caught. I was pissed they took out my aide and had rifles trained on me, but I was impressed as hell that a mere L.Cpl. could command such dedication in others. I decided to pursue this topic some more so I inquired "My aide is a Marine and a damn good one. Are you telling me your 'friends' were able to get the jump on him without injuring him?"

L.Cpl. Blaine laughed, "Sir! No offense meant: Yes he is a Marine and he is very good, but he is not Recon and he is also not injured – other than his pride."

I rubbed my throbbing neck and croaked, "I wished I could say the same."

He looked at the ground and answered, "Sir! I owe you an apology for my actions earlier, whatever they were, since they were entirely out of line. And I fully expect, and look forward to, whatever punishment you deem necessary. I just ask you to confine your punishment to me because Sgt. Reynolds and Mira had nothing to do with my actions."

I pondered what he said, mainly the 'whatever they were'. I couldn't believe he did not know or remember what he did. So I continued, "L.Cpl., are you telling me you don't remember what you did during the fight?"

He was obviously very distraught but had the balls to declare, "Sir! There are some things I would love to tell you, but what I say must be totally off the record and I further ask you to promise me that what I say will never be used against me."

I looked at him and questioned, "You would trust me with this information without even really knowing anything about me?"

He looked me in the eyes and answered, "Sir! I can tell that even though you did several things which I consider dishonorable, you are mostly a man of honor. So yes I believe I can trust you especially if you understand the consequences of lying to me."

I decided to push this issue just a bit and asked, "And what would those consequences be?"

I saw what looked to be a tear in the corner of one of his eyes and he answered, "Sir! I love the Marines. I love being a Marine and I love everything about the Marines – being a Marine is my whole life! The things I want to tell you, if anyone else found out, would guarantee I would no longer be a Marine and that would end my life. If that happened, then my honor would force me to take retribution."

Yes I understood! If I used what he told me to have him drummed out of the Corps, I was signing my death certificate. I replied, "L.Cpl. let's walk a while longer while I consider what you've just said."

We walked and I observed the L.Cpl. from the corner of my eye. He continuously scanned his environment and it appeared nothing escaped his senses. I changed the subject, "It's a nice day for a walk, wouldn't you say?"

He smiled and replied, "Yes this reminds me of being back in the Colorado Mountains. Of course the trees are different here because in Colorado we only had scrub oak, elms, aspens and evergreens. Here there are all these beautiful hardwood trees. But the squirrels are always the same - just look at those two playing over there."

I hadn't noticed them until he pointed, and even then I barely saw them. I inquired, "How far away would you say those squirrels are?"

He laughed, "Still testing me? Those squirrels are two-hundred-fifty-two meters away - a very easy shot."

I continued, "So did you go squirrel hunting often when you were younger?"

He grinned at me and started with, "This is totally off the record." Then he began to tell me this story, a really fantastic and equally upsetting story, about how his dad sent him squirrel hunting with three .22 rounds. The bastard told him he was going to eat two squirrels, his mother would eat one squirrel and if the L.Cpl. wanted to eat, he'd better figure out a way to kill more than one squirrel per shot. He continued and explained how he snuck up on rabbits and a deer and how he trapped two of the squirrels and shot two others. I don't know if he got carried away or what, but when he told me his dad's reaction to coming back with four squirrels and only using two rounds, I wanted to kick that bastard's ass! No wonder the L.Cpl. was a bit maladjusted with a bastard father like that.

I knew I had heard enough, probably more than I needed to hear. Anything more and I wouldn't be able to claim plausible deniability. I realized that Mother Green1 had created a perfect killing machine from a messed up abused boy; a very good thing for us and a very bad thing for everyone else. And I realized that the Corps was the perfect place for him and also he was perfect for the missions I had in mind. Now I just needed to figure out a way to help both of us.

1 Mother Green – Nickname for the USMC

I said, "L.Cpl. Thank you for telling me the story. I give you my word that it will stay totally off the record. I do think I've heard enough and nothing further is needed.

He looked confused and asked, "Sir! Don't you want to know what happened when we sparred?"

I already had a good idea so I answered, "No, L.Cpl. that's no longer necessary. I realize I precipitated the situation with my actions." I continued, "L.Cpl. I just have one more question for you. Do you like working with Sgt. Reynolds?"

He instantly responded, "Yes Sir! He is responsible for making me into the Marine I am."

I wanted to investigate this further, but decided to save it for a later time so I requested, "Now I would like to have a discussion with Sgt. Reynolds. Please send him over to me."

Flashback – Jack – Day four, week one of spook school

Banzai started jogging back towards Mira and me so I wondered what the hell happened. As soon as he was close enough, I asked, "Banzai, what happened with the Major?"

He smiled and answered, "I told him about squirrel hunting in Colorado and I think things are fine. He wants to talk to you now."

I shook my head since that was about the squirreliest answer I'd ever heard and I wanted to ask him more questions. But I knew better than to make the Major wait. I slowly jogged up to where he was waiting for me, not sure of what I was really facing.

He ordered, "Sgt. Reynolds, fall in beside me." And fuck NO ... we started jogging so I just kept my mouth shut.

After what seemed to be an interminable wait, Major M asked, "Sgt. Reynolds, do you enjoy being a Marine?"

I thought what the hell sort of question was that but replied, "Yes Sir! I certainly do!"

He continued, "Do you enjoy working with L.Cpl. Blaine?"

With his questions it was beginning to feel like I was the one in trouble so I defensively answered, "Yes Sir! He's an excellent Marine and it's an honor to work with him."

The Major stated, "He says you made him into the Marine that he is, and I agree."

He didn't ask a question so I kept my mouth shut and waited to see where he was headed.

He finally said, "However, I personally think you hold him back from becoming even better. How do you feel about that?"

Shit this was one of those questions for which there was no right answer! So I carefully replied, "Sir, if that's how you feel then you must be correct!"

He picked up the pace and growled, "Sgt. Reynolds that was not an answer to my question of how you feel about it. Now answer the damn question."

I needed some time so I requested, "Sir might I have a minute or two to think about the question?"

He barked, "Hell no! Answer it now."

I reluctantly said, "Sir! I don't think that I am."

He picked up the pace again and said, "Sgt. What makes you feel you can out-think a Major. I told you I felt you were holding the L.Cpl. back and you disagreed with me! Would you care to change what you just said?"

Hell yes I did so I replied, "Sir, if you feel I am holding the L.Cpl. back, then I must be holding him back, but I am not sure how it is happening?"

He said, "Sgt. Reynolds, when L.Cpl. Blaine chose you as his spotter, you did a very good thing: You took him out and taught him what it was really like to be a Marine. Now I'm not sure exactly what you did, or how you did it, but I commend you for that."

I answered, "Thank you Sir!"

He barked, "Sgt. I was not finished. Since that time you've picked up a very bad habit, do you know what it is?"

I replied, "Sir! If I knew then I would certainly fix that bad habit."

We ran a bit faster and after another long wait the Major stated, "Sgt. you've been riding on L.Cpl. Blaine's coat tails and you do just enough to get by and not get in trouble. While that attitude might work in the Army, it certainly has no place in the Marines. I personally hate mediocre Marines and they have no place in the Corps."

Again there was no question so I thought about what he had said and fuck he was right! How did this ever get flipped around to where I was the one facing the inquisition?

I knew I had to grab the bull by the horns so I said, "Sir! Permission to speak?"

He nodded, "Permission granted."

I boldly stated, "Sir! I thank you for bringing this bad habit to my attention and I will do my best to rectify the situation."

He smiled and simply said, "That's good Sgt. Reynolds, because if you can't fix this bad habit ricky-tick you're going to get a desk job. I will not have you holding L.Cpl. Blaine back with this bad habit or teaching it to him. Do you understand me?"

Fuck no! Not a fucking desk job! I instantly replied, "Yes Sir! I understand and I will change my attitude starting today."

He smiled at me and said, "Excellent Sgt. Reynolds. Because today I will be observing you and the L.Cpl. on the FBI obstacle course and I expect to be impressed by your performance."

Oh shit! Not a fucking obstacle course - I hated those. I hid my emotions and said, "Thank you Sir! We will impress you."

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

The Major made Sgt. Reynolds run and I just had to point out to my boyfriend, "Look how well Sgt. Reynolds is running Honey."

He seemed uncomfortable as he replied (but not as distressed as I was planning to make him), "Yeah, Jack can still run well. I wonder what they are talking about."

It looked like Major M asked Sgt. Reynolds questions but I had a few questions of my own and asked my boyfriend, "How did you sleep last night?"

He avoided eye contact with me when he replied, "Fine I guess." But I perceived that things were not fine!

So I continued, "Why just fine and why do you just guess? Did you not sleep in your room last night?"

He prepared to answer when his mobile phone rang so he said, "Mira, please excuse me a moment." I did not like being put on hold one bit! I was not so sure that my boyfriend didn't misbehave last night. He smelled differently this morning when we ardently embraced.

I was annoyed so I jostled him as we ran. He moved over and said, "Mira, cut it out."

I thought to myself I will certainly cut something out if you have been a bad boy. He finished the call, looked at me and smiled; but something did not seem right. I noticed that the Major and Sgt. Reynolds were headed back towards us. Their discussion must be completed while ours had just started. I asked again, "Why just fine and why do you just guess? Did you not sleep in your room last night?"

He grinned and said, "No Mira, I didn't make it back to the school until this morning. So tell me how did you sleep last night?"

I did not like this question at all. I fought with all my strength to not blush and replied, "I did not sleep well at all last night because I knew you were not in your room!!!"

He replied, "I thought that perhaps Jack's snoring kept you awake." I was exceedingly upset! Someone must have informed my boyfriend with that phone call about stinky Sgt. Reynolds and me. When I discover that person's identity they will expire!

The Major and Jack ran up beside us before we could continue this confrontation. The Major ordered, "Fall in you two." We ran in silence as my anger seethed like brimstone in a caldron.

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

Damn! Did I ever dodge a bullet – no a Mira missile! She probed me to figure out what I did last night (I still didn't know what happened last night, but I'm sure it was more of what I did remember from this morning), when I received a voice-scrambled phone call. At first I couldn't believe it but the voice on the other end said Jack and Mira slept together last night in the same bed! Then I remembered what Jack said about having more of a reason to be angry than I did. And now with Mira's reaction I'm pretty damn sure the old fart nailed her last night. I was pissed as hell!

Yeah, like it or not and as much as I tried to fight it, I did have some feelings for Mira. It didn't make sense to me: Mira and Jack – Jack and Mira – that was all jacked up. Mira kept glancing sideways at me, and guilt was written all over her face. I needed ... yes I needed time to think and get my head on straight before I just reacted and kicked both their cheating asses.

I yelled, "Alpha Mike Foxtrot!2 " and sprinted ahead as fast as I could!

2 Alpha Mike Foxtrot – Adios Mother Fuckers!

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

When Sgt. Reynolds and I ran up to Ms. Sedankina and L.Cpl. Blaine, it was immediately evident that all was not well between the happy couple. If looks could kill they would have both assassinated each other. I needed to get to the bottom of this because their continued 'friendship' was a real asset to my group. It gave us a foot in the door to the intelligence community which Mira was a part of.

I ordered them to fall in and we all ran in a very uncomfortable silence. I was just getting ready to start a cadence when something lit a fire under the L.Cpl.'s ass! He yelled, "Alpha Mike Foxtrot!" and took off like his ass was on fire, which surprised all of us.

Mira yelled, "Sweetie, wait for me!" And she sped up and tried to catch him.

I looked over at Jack and said, "Well Marine, what should we do?"

He replied, "Sir! I don't think we can catch either one of them, but after the multiple attempts on both their lives we should at least try to stay in contact with them."

As he took off, I stumbled and yelled, "Sgt. What the fuck are you talking about!"

The Sgt. could certainly run when he was motivated, and I couldn't catch him. He yelled over his shoulder, "The instructors tried to capture Banzai the first night and one pulled a pistol on him – Mira saved him. And Mira and Banzai were shot at, with Mira's body armor being hit, yesterday."

I thought, what the fuck is going on at this piece of shit place and why the hell wasn't I told about any of this! This greatly changed everything and I needed to seriously kick some ass!

Flashback – Mira – Day four, week one of spook school

I perceived that my boyfriend was tremendously troubled at me but I did not really behave badly! However his overt reaction excited me, because it assuaged any uncertainty in my psyche about his feelings towards me. I was sure I could easily catch him and persuade him nothing unbecoming happened between the stinky Sgt. and me. He was after all remarkably logical for a man. That was easier articulated than arranged: My boyfriend discovered new velocity he never displayed previously, and even at my utmost velocity he still pulled away! I called, "Sweetie, please slow up and let me dialog with you!"

He rudely yelled, "ESAD3!" This was totally out of character for him!

3 ESAD – Eat Shit And Die

I tried again, "L.Cpl. Blaine, we need to dialog together about what is bothering you!"

This time he replied with a vulgarity which shocked me, "STFU4 – Bitch!"

4 STFU – Shut The Fuck Up

It was evident my boyfriend's extreme grumpiness exceeded all normal boundaries. He had embraced a fantastically fractious attitude, and lost all semblance of reason. I would not win this battle unless I became sneaky and gave him an absolute attitude adjustment. So I yelled, "Aaaweeee! My leg!" and fell to the ground."

Flashback – Jack – Day four, week one of spook school

Shit! Mira hurt herself trying to catch Banzai! The crazy bastard, he needed to pay for this. Somehow I found even greater speed as I ran towards her. She needed my help!

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

Ms. Sedankina fell to the ground and complained about her leg. I watched it with great interest because the way she fell didn't look right to me. Sgt. Reynolds took off to be beside her and L.Cpl. Blaine stopped, turned around and looked at her on the ground. Then he also started running towards her.

Flashback – Ben – Day four, week one of spook school

Fuck no! Mira's hurt! She yelled behind me about her leg, I turned around and she was lying on the ground. Fucking Jack's already headed towards her. I thought for a moment about leaving the two of them - shit they deserve each other. But I couldn't so I headed back towards Mira and Jack.

Flashback – Major M – Day four, week one of spook school

What sort of strange fucking ménage a trois have I stumbled into? Sgt. Reynolds reached Ms. Sedankina first and he is holding her as if he's her boyfriend. L.Cpl. Blaine and I arrived at the same time and he said, "Mira, sorry you hurt yourself chasing me. But Jack is here for you now so I bet you feel better."

Ms. Sedankina became very obviously upset and answered, "L.Cpl. Blaine! I want to assure you nothing happened between me and stinky Sgt. Reynolds last night!"

Sgt. Reynolds looked confused when he said, "It's alright Mira. You don't have to hide it from Banzai. He had his chance and didn't want you."

She pushed Sgt. Reynolds away and shouted, "Jack, I abided in your bed last night as a medical necessity to prevent hypothermia from your wound and blood loss.

Things escalated and headed towards an all-out-war. I had my fill of all this bullshit and I commanded, "Marines ten-hut!"

The Sgt., L.Cpl. and even Ms. Sedankina jumped up and stood at attention - it was just like I thought. Damn! Women are all sneaky bitches, add the title spies to their name and they are quadrupley sneaky. I'm sure she'd been manipulating the hell out of my two Marines and this has to be stopped.

"It has come to my attention by accident, some incidents have occurred which have endangered the lives of the three of you. Now I demand to be given details of those incidents immediately. L.Cpl. you will start."

It took some time and some mental arm twisting to finally get the stories out of my two Marines, but Ms. Sedankina refused to tell me anything. I tried to pry the information out of the Sgt. or the L.Cpl. and there was no way in hell they were going to tell me anything more.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.