04 Wanderer - Cover

04 Wanderer

Copyright© 2009 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Chapter 6

Flashback — Ben — Day two, week one of spook school

I slept like hell last night and hell no it wasn't because of the bathtub. I've slept in worse places in the past and will sleep in still worse places in the future. Every time I fell asleep I'd dream of Mira out in my bed and it bothered the hell out of me. She was the most disturbing and dangerous woman I'd ever met!

I gave up at 0330 and took a hot shower followed by a cold shower - then I discovered my mistake. I was so distracted and in such a hurry to get into the bathroom last night, I forgot to bring a change of clothes with me. I moved the door block back, opened the door a small crack and peered out. Mira looked to be asleep on the bed.

I carefully opened the door all the way, slipped out and my eyes about popped right out of my head when I saw her! She was laying face down, backasswards on a totally destroyed bed. And while she wasn't nude like she threatened, the nightie she had on made it even worse because it covered just enough that it fired up my imagination. Thank God I had my secret weapons otherwise I'd jump her bones as she slept: I was still pissed as hell at Maria for breaking my heart and Anna's rebukes echoed in my ears. So I averted my eyes from the glaring danger (after I took one more, good look), grabbed my clothes for the day and snuck back into the bathroom.

A few minutes later I came back out and I was shocked because Mira was still asleep. I figured all the noise I made would have awakened her, especially with her training. But then looking at how she destroyed the bed made me wonder how much she slept. I was even more glad I didn't spend the night with her. Perhaps she was even more tired than me? I finished putting on the rest of my gear, found my coffee pot, fired up a pot of coffee and looked through the breakfast MREs.

Flashback — Mira — Day two, week one of spook school

I had trouble falling asleep last night because I was not used to sleeping alone. But once I fell asleep it was glorious having the bed all to myself. I did have a recurring dream: I chased L.Cpl. Blaine and I could never quite catch him! It did not make sense because I was faster than him and I was so frustrated!

Mmm, was that coffee I smelled? I opened my eyes. I had flipped completely over, was facing the wrong way in the bed and saw L.Cpl. Blaine looking at the MREs. I blinked my eyes because today he wore different clothes than yesterday - he was wearing his BDUs but also had his full combat gear over the top of them. I sat up in bed, fixed my hair, giggled and asked, "L.Cpl. Blaine do not tell me you are wearing that combat gear for protection from me? Do you really think I am that dangerous?"

He turned, looked at me, blushed, averted his eyes and said, "I wore it because after the instructor almost shot me last night, I don't trust them to not try something again. But now that you mention it, the protection from you is an added bonus."

I slowly slid out of bed since I planned on sneaking over to him and testing his theory about the combat gear. But he noticed what I was going to do, bolted for the door and suggested, "You might want to get changed because I'm going to go get Jack. We're doing PT in forty-five minutes, there's coffee in the pot, your cup is still clean from last night and there's breakfast MREs in the box."

I was disappointed because he escaped again, but smiled because there were still many days of school left. When the door slammed I immediately jumped into action. I took a very fast shower making sure not to get my long hair wet, put on my deodorant, perfume, makeup and got into a clean jogging bra and skimpy running shorts. I wanted to make sure I gave L.Cpl. Blaine something to look at and think about all day long! It still puzzled me that he would not just train me. It must have something to do with the girlfriend who wounded him so badly. I needed to find more information about her.

I had a little extra time so I finally called my sister. It would be close to lunchtime there. I fell back into the bed as she answered the phone and scolded me in our special language, "Mira, it is about time you called me I was very worried about you."

I replied, "I miss you too my sister, I did not sleep well last night."

Ira answered angrily, "Do not tell me L.Cpl. Blaine was a terrible beast and kept you from sleeping! I will take a knife to his tool!"

I giggled and corrected her assumption, "Ira, he is not like the beast at all. I used all my tricks on him. It was even embarrassing how much I threw myself at him and he would not even sleep with me last night. He even declared he would never train me."

Ira clucked, "Mira, perhaps we have the wrong information about him. Perhaps he is one who likes men?"

I laughed, "Oh no my sister, I could tell my charms worked on him because he has a very active tool. He was just able to resist me."

Ira is quiet for several moments and asked, "Mira, then what are your plans?"

I explained to her, "I have much information that our superiors will be very happy hearing. He knows who I am but not who I work for and he will freely give me more information. I plan on getting more information out of him, as much as possible. And I have moved into the room he shares with Sgt. Reynolds, so I do not think he will be able to resist me forever. That reminds me, please contact our superiors and tell them we should find an agent for Sgt. Reynolds. I do not think he will be as difficult to watch as L.Cpl. Blaine."

Ira questions more closely, "Mira you sound unusual, are you sure you are well?"

I did not tell her about my feelings for L.Cpl. Blaine. Instead I replied, "I am fine my sister but I need to get going. I will try to call you later."

Ira ended with, "Good hunting my sister."

I got up, ate the piece of chocolate from last night (it was wonderful) and had a cup of coffee. I looked at the MREs. The breakfast choice was very small: I could have egg omelet or sausage and eggs. I decided on the egg omelet and prepared it the way L.Cpl. Blaine instructed me last night. I also thought I would be nice and I prepared two sausage and egg MREs - one for L.Cpl. Blaine and one for Sgt. Reynolds.

Flashback — Jack — Day two, week one of spook school

Some bastard rousted me so I opened one bloodshot eye to identify the culprit. Banzai ordered, "PT in forty-five minutes Jack so move your ass."

Damn, my head hurt and I had a hell of a hangover. I tried to fall back to sleep and Banzai rousted me again. I yelled, "Leave me the hell alone."

The little piss ant grabbed the blanket I slept on, yanked on it and I fell to the floor. Now I was pissed off so I jumped up and finally realized that Banzai had on full combat gear. I said, "What the hell are you all dressed up for? Is there a war I don't know about?"

He replied, "Hell yes! I've declared war on this fucking school. One of the bastard instructors tried to shoot me last night!"

I blinked my eyes and tried to wrap my throbbing head around what Banzai just told me, but it didn't make any sense. I tried to confirm his statement, "Banzai, you're telling me an instructor tried to shoot you last night."

He replied, "Affirmative! If Mira hadn't nailed the fucker in the back of the hand with a throwing star and made him drop his pistol, you'd be burying me right now."

When he said Mira, it reminded me of something important, so I reached in my pocket and pulled out her thong. As I held the thong up, I stated, "I thought you two were doing the horizontal bop last night."

That was the wrong fucking thing to say! Banzai got so pissed he grabbed me by the back of my shirt and hustled me towards our room. He grumped, "Jack, get your fucking mind out of the gutter. I didn't hit Mira last night even though she's staying in our room, I won't hit her for the rest of the trip. Now move your lazy ass because you're doing PT in full combat gear in forty minutes."

I was confused and asked, "My combat gear is here? How did that happen? Mira is staying in our room, where's she sleeping?" Then I complained, "You do know I fucking out rank you! You need to ask me about decisions like this."

I pushed Banzai too far so he stopped, shook the hell out of me and yelled, "You sure as hell don't act like a Sergeant and I'm fucking tired of picking up your slack! Prove to me you can command this team and I will follow you into the mouth of hell and back. But until you prove that to me, I'm leading this fucking team. So, get your ass moving or I'm going to kick it again."

Well this had been one hell of a wakeup call and I'm not sure I cared for it!

Flashback — Ben — Day two, week one of spook school

Yeah, I was hard as hell on Jack, but I was still pissed about last night and even more pissed about still being at this fucking rat hole of a school. But I was serious when I told him I was leading our team, because he'd fucked around long enough and I had my fill of it. What the hell could he do if he didn't like it? Send me back to the Marines?

I drug his ass towards the room. He stank to high heaven from all the booze he drank last night. But I'd fix that soon - nothing better to cure a hangover than PT and a one hour run. I had asses to kick and names to take today, but his was the first!

Mira was ready when we came through the door and looked, well nothing short of phenomenal! She said, "Good morning, I made both of you breakfast." She ran up and handed both of us an MRE. Jack took one look at his and ran for the bathroom. Mira frowned, "Is Sgt. Reynolds sick today?"

I ate both mine and Jack's and they weren't half bad - much better than my MRE last night. I laughed and answered, "Jack just has a case of Scotch bagpipes playing in his head1 today. He will be fine a little later."

1 My euphemism for hangover

Mira gave me a perplexed look so I explained, "He drank too much last night and has a hangover."

She smiled and offered, "I have just the thing which will help." She went to her bags, damn watching her bend over was ... Oh forget that statement. She started rummaging for something.

I looked at the room and I could tell Mira might be a problem roommate: She needed a bit of instruction on being a Marine. I knew of no better way to teach her than by example. So, I walked over and picked her nightie off the floor. This was a little mistake because it instantly brought back memories of her this morning! I forced those memories out of my mind, folded the nightie and placed it carefully on her bags. Then I glared at my, I mean her, bed since it was still a mess. I went over and made it correctly.

Now I needed some way to keep the bastards out of our room today, so I went to my footlockers, un-assed the top two and opened up the bottom one. I pulled out a container and grabbed the parts I needed, grabbed a screwdriver, opened the door and put a hasp on it and the door jam.

Mira came over as I finished and commented, "L.Cpl. Blaine that is a very wise idea. This will keep unauthorized people from getting in our room today, but what about the window?"

I answered, "Follow me." We walked to the window and I examined the frame. This was going to be easy. I went back to the footlocker, took out a metal screw and ran it through the frame so the window wouldn't slide. I said, "There all done."

As I put away my footlockers, Jack walked out of the bathroom and looked much better. He asked, "What's all done?"

Mira walked over, handed him two pills and said, "L.Cpl. Blaine was just making sure our room is secure when we are gone today. Take these two pills and it will make the bagpipes stop playing."

I guess no one understood my joke today, because Jack looked even more perplexed than Mira so I explained again, "That's something to cure your hangover."

Jack mumbled thanks as he took the pills with a cup of coffee, I looked at my watch and announced, "Jack, you have ten minutes to be in your full combat gear or we're going to run and extra hour today."

I handed Mira a key, Jack a key and continued, "Jack, Mira and I will meet you outside." I handed him the lock, "Make sure you lock the room when you leave."

I grabbed my pack, walked outside, put on my helmet, glanced at Mira and asked, "Mira, what sizes do you wear and what's your last name?"

She looked at me, grinned and blushed at the same time and flirted, "L.Cpl. Blaine, do you think that is an appropriate question to ask a woman who is not even your girlfriend?"

Well, two could play these games, so I attacked her overly active curiosity and said, "Okay, suit yourself. I was just going to get you a surprise."

Flashback — Mira — Day two, week one of spook school

I was shocked when L.Cpl. Blaine said he wanted to get me a surprise. It made me tingle inside and I told him all my sizes and last name right away. Then I wondered if I really should have told him my last name? I asked, "Do you need to write them down to remember?"

He replied, "No Mira I remember them exactly without writing them down."

I brushed against him and coyly asked, "So what sort of surprise are you getting me?"

He grinned at me and joked, "Now if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

Oh he was the most infuriating man I had ever met! But I knew if I showed anger to him it would be bad, so I pouted. He took one look at me and laughed, "Mira, that fake pout isn't going to work with me. I'm not going to tell you what your surprise is going to be so you will just have to wait until later today."

I got excited and asked for confirmation. "I get my surprise later today?"

He said, "Possibly, but it might not be until tomorrow."

I whined, "Sometimes you are a terrible man. I am going to make you pay when we run today."

Sgt. Reynolds finally showed up and L.Cpl. Blaine looked at his watch and said, "Jack you had thirty seconds to spare. That's cutting it pretty thin. Let's get going." As we ran towards the exercise field, I looked back and saw Sgt. Reynolds when he held up the bad finger towards L.Cpl. Blaine. I giggled and L.Cpl. Blaine looked over at me and asked, "What's so funny?"

I lied and replied, "I was just thinking how much easier it will be today to outrun you since you are wearing your combat gear." To prove my point I sprinted ahead. L.Cpl. Blaine tried to keep up and Sgt. Reynolds yelled, "Slow the fuck down - are you two trying to kill me?"

I easily made it to the field before them and did my sexy stretches, making sure they could see almost all of my bottom assets. I came up with a plan: If I constantly assaulted L.Cpl. Blaine all day with my feminine assets, it would slowly wear down his resistance and then tonight I would have my way with him. I was very disappointed when he ran up and did not seem bothered at all, however Sgt. Reynolds was obviously interested. I wondered why I had to be assigned to the one different and most frustrating Marine.

Exercise for the school did not start until 0600 so we had the whole field to ourselves. L.Cpl. Blaine announced, "Today we are doing circuit training." Sgt. Reynolds groaned and I asked, "Excuse me, what is circuit training?"

He replied, "Mira, you just follow me and do that I do."

And that's what I did. First we ran to some bars and did pull ups. L.Cpl. Blaine was very good at them, Sgt. Reynolds complained but did them and I found them very challenging, but did my best. Then we ran across the field and did pushups - I am much better at them. Then we ran to another place and did squats. I made sure to do mine in such a way that L.Cpl. Blaine would see my bottom assets, but I was disappointed when he didn't even look. Last, we climbed up very tall ropes like monkeys. I liked this very much and even beat both men to the top. L.Cpl. Blaine remarked, "Mira that was very good." It made me feel all warm inside.

We did this circuit training for thirty minutes and it was a very good full body workout. On the second and other times I did not even bother to attract L.Cpl. Blaine's attention. I could tell he could not be bothered during his workout because his mind was like a steel trap — and I was not in the trap.

But Sgt. Reynolds enjoyed the show even though he was not my intended viewer! He watched me the whole time and I found it a little embarrassing, so I made sure to do my circuit exercises in such a way he could not see anything.

L.Cpl. Blaine announced, "Let's take a few and then start our run."

I asked, "Excuse me, what are we taking a few of?"

He smiled at me, "Mira that means take a few minutes to rest."

I watched him put a hose in his mouth and asked, "L.Cpl. Blaine, are you taking a drink?"

He replied, "Affirmative Mira, this is how we drink when we are in the field so we don't have to carry water bottles."

I was unhappy, because I forgot to bring water today and was thirsty. L.Cpl. Blaine looked at me and asked, "Mira, did you forget your water?"

I was embarrassed so I looked down at the ground and answered, "Yes Sir! I am sorry but I was distracted."

He replied, "Mira I normally wouldn't do this, but since you're sort of like a sister to me you can share my water."

I was very confused. I should get very angry about the sister comment, but he was being very nice to me. So I smiled, kept my frustrating thoughts to myself and shared his water making sure to press against him like no sister would ever do to a brother. Ha, I will show him sister!

I grinned at him and asked, "Are you ready for me to beat you again running?"

He replied, "Mira, I concede the fact that you're a faster runner than I am. And because of what happened last night, I'm going to ask you stay close to us when we run today." It shocked me because his statement showed he cared for me.

I almost cried but stopped myself, but instead coyly grinned and replied, "I will gladly do whatever you ask me to do." He understood there were many meanings to what I said and he very cutely blushed.

He then ordered, "Okay let's move it." And we started to run. I did push him just a little bit by getting in front of him because I knew he really liked to watch me run. And I really liked having him watch me run.

We ran for about fifteen minutes and L.Cpl. Blaine asked, "Mira, please fall in behind me."

I giggled, "Yes Sir! I will gladly do whatever you ask me to do!" I slowed down and went between him and a very tired Sgt. Reynolds. It was not nearly as much fun watching L.Cpl. Blaine run and having Sgt. Reynolds watch me as it was when I was in front. But I understood why L.Cpl. Blaine asked me to 'fall in' when two Marines joined us from the bushes. L.Cpl. Blaine said, "I heard your sorry asses for ten minutes. And you call yourselves Recon!"

One of them laughed and replied, "Oh yeah, we've been smelling the lady and Sgt. Reynolds for fifteen minutes."

I thought they insinuated I smelled bad, like stinky Sgt. Reynolds so I got upset and yelled, "I do not stink, I took a shower just this morning!"

They all laughed and I got even more upset until L.Cpl. Blaine replied, "Mira, they were just complimenting you on your perfume - they didn't mean you smell bad."

I felt better but I still needed to make a point so I commented, "It was very rude of them to compare me with stinky Sgt. Reynolds. I think they owe me and apology." Sgt. Reynolds complained but I ignored him.

L.Cpl. Blaine said, "You guys better apologize to her. She's pretty tough and might kick your ass. If I hadn't dodged her punch yesterday she would have knocked me on my ass - as it is my whole chest is black and blue."

I could tell they were impressed and it made me smile. They dropped back beside me. One said, "Ms. My name is Howard and I'm very sorry for insulting you."

The other Marine was on my other side and said, "I too would like to apologize to you. My name is Tom."

I noticed their eyes were roving all over my body and it made me feel good, especially since L.Cpl. Blaine totally ignored me. I replied, "Thank you both for your apologies. I accept them. Please accept my apology for not understanding what you meant."

L.Cpl. Blaine ordered, "Guys come back up here, I need to talk with you two about some things." Sgt. Reynolds yelled, "Hey am I fucking included in this?"

He replied, "Hell yes - get your lazy ass up here. Mira, please drop back about ten meters while we discuss some things."

I replied, "Yes Sir! I will do whatever you ask me to do!" and for some reason all the other Marines thought that was very funny and laughed. I dropped back and tried my best to hear what they talked about. I heard bits and pieces and most were profanities, "No shit, those bastards, son of a bitch, mother f'er," I moved slowly closer and L.Cpl. Blaine said, "Great we'll see you later."

The other two Marines laughed, "Like hell you will, we're Recon."

I watched with amazement as they disappeared into the bushes. I had a million questions, I sprinted up beside him and asked, "L.Cpl. Blaine would you please tell me what that was all about?"

He laughed and told me, "NALTS."

I ran in front of him, turned around and ran backwards so I could see him, "What is nalts?"

Sgt. Reynolds laughed and explained, "Mira it means 'Not At Liberty To Say'. In other words he's not going to tell you."

I was frustrated and asked, "Well can you tell me Sgt. Reynolds."

He said, "Sorry princess but I can't discuss it either."

I hated being called princess! Even though I tried to control it, because I was so frustrated, my anger took over. I yelled, "No one calls me princess. I'm going to kick your rear!" I quickly ran behind him and started kicking him in the rear as he ran.

L.Cpl. Blaine yelled, "Jack you'd better move it, she's kicking your ass."

He yelled back, "No shit Sherlock and it hurts like hell!"

L.Cpl. Blaine laughed like a hyena behind me, but I was a woman on a mission. While I had to control my anger with L.Cpl. Blaine I did not have to control my anger with Sgt. Reynolds. So I took out my frustrations on him.

Flashback — Ben — Day two, week one of spook school

I laughed my ass off as I watched Mira doing what I'd always dreamed of doing. She sprinted two or three steps, caught Jack and kicked the shit out of his ass. Fell back, sprinted, caught him again and kicked the other side. I hadn't seen Jack run like this since the fucking dogs were after us on that old mission. Yes for once Jack really hauled ass to keep his ass from getting kicked. But there was no way in hell he was going to outrun her!

Tom and Howard ran up beside me. Tom remarked, "Damn that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It's about time someone kicked that old farts ass. Look at him run, I had no idea he was that fast."

Howard laughed, "Banzai, you were sure right about her, she can kick some ass. So she's a foreign agent."

I watched the spectacle and replied, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's a Russian Jew and Mossad. Thanks brothers for everything. Here's an extra key to our room, I'll tell you how Mira likes her surprise tomorrow."

Tom answered, "You really were right, this place is a fucking joke. It was so easy for us to get in here we were both shocked."

I smiled at them, "Yeah this place doesn't even begin to use any of our Recon skills."

Howard asked, "What's up for later today?"

I replied, "After I kick some more ass and take some more names, it's martial arts and rifle practice. Their rifle range is only one hundred yards so it's even a bigger fucking joke, and there are some bogus assed classes tonight."

Tom grinned, "How were the breakfast MREs we dropped in your room."

I burped a little sausage and said, "Not half bad, much better than eating dinner MREs for breakfast. I've never heard of breakfast MREs, where the hell did you get them from?"

He laughed, "We stole them from the Old Man's private stash. He's going to be pissed as hell when he finds all of them are gone."

I laughed my ass off again and said, "Well make sure you bring us a shitload more of MREs because we're not eating any of the fucking food this school prepares. Not after last night."

Howard angrily replied, "Yeah, I should slip in and gut the bastard commandant for what he let them try to do to you."

I gave them an evil grin and replied, "Guys revenge is mine and it's going to be cold. See you two outside the commandant's office in one hour. I'd better go and rescue Jack from that female ass-kicking panther."

We all laughed, they took off and I ran like hell to catch them.

Flashback — Jack — Day two, week one of spook school

I sure as hell didn't know what I did to Mira to get her so pissed off at me. Women were a total fucking mystery sometimes. My ass was already sore from Banzai knocking me on it yesterday and she made it ten times worse. Plus fucking Banzai was laughing his ass off about this. I yelled, "Mira cut it out, I was just kidding."

She kicked my ass twice more and replied, "You - you - you man! This is completely your fault."

I had no idea what was completely my fault but I figured I would apologize, "Mira I'm very sorry for whatever I did to upset you."

She yelled, "You do not even know what you did!" And then she kicked my ass even harder.

I'd try to dodge her, but she was damn fast and caught right up and kicked my ass again. I tried once spinning around and she almost kicked me in the balls so I figured I'd rather be kicked in the ass any day over being kicked in the balls even once — no more turning around for me.

Finally I heard Banzai behind me. I'm getting my ass kicked and he's singing cadence?

Flashback — Ben — Day two, week one of spook school

I needed a way to distract Mira without getting my ass kicked because she was pissed as hell at Jack. Actually I think it was more accurate she was frustrated as hell and Jack just happened to be her whipping boy. But it was good to see him finally run, and now I had a way to make him run.

So I got close to the two of them and started singing cadence in hopes it would distract her.

Up in the morning before the sun
My Marine Corps recruiter told me PT was fun.
My lungs are burnin my legs won't work
I think I wanna fake getting hurt.
HELL NO!
Step it up
Stretch it out
1 mile that's weak
2 miles Little better
3 miles PFT2

2 Physical Fitness Test. A biannual test to ensure that Marines are within the Marine Corps' physical standards. The test includes a timed three-mile run, pull-ups (for men), bent arm hang (for women) and crunches (up to 100 in a two minute period).

Jack's going to owe me because my strategy worked! Mira dropped back beside me and asked, "What is that song you are singing?"

I explained to her, "It's called a cadence and we do them when we train and run because it helps to motivate us and to keep in step. By the way, thank you for motivating Jack to run so well, but please don't break my spotter."

She grinned, then blushed at me and said, "I am very sorry, I do not know that happened, but when he called me princess I just went crazy."

I laughed, "Don't worry because I will never call you princess."

She flirted the hell out of me and said, "Oh, you could call me princess because you make me feel like one. Do you think we could get all dressed up again for dinner tonight, it was wonderful?"

I reminded her, "Remember what they did to the food last night - I'm not going to eat any of their shit again."

She frowned, thought for a few moments, and then suggested, "Would it not make a bigger statement if we ate our MREs in front of all of them?"

Damn, she was devious as hell and totally right, I agreed, "Mira I think that's an excellent idea. Thank you for thinking of it."

She grinned and asked, "Now will you teach me that song?"

So I did and we sang, well attempted to sing cadence (Jack sounded like shit when he sang, and singing is the one thing Mira seemed not to do well) all the way back to the exercise field. We came in sight of the field and I switched the cadence to make a point!

Born on a mountain top raised by a bear,
Got two sets of teeth and a full coat of hair.
See us coming better run better hide,
Cause well hunt you down and eat you alive.
Slit your throat and wipe it clean,
We're mean Motherfuckers we're Recon Marines.
Well piss on your graves and laugh out loud,
Wear medals on our chest and feel damn proud.
Fighting and killing that's our job,
So we earned the name Devil Dogs

All the recruits stopped and watched us as we lapped the field twice, singing and echoing the cadence. Right when we were ready to leave I commanded, "Okay flip the bird."

Jack and I gave them the one finger salute while Mira asked, "L.Cpl. Blaine why did you want to throw a girl up into the air."

I laughed and explained as well as I could about flipping the bird. Then we ran over to the commandant's office.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.