The Id and the Ego - Cover

The Id and the Ego

Copyright© 2010 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 2

Two very frustrating days later I received a phone call from Jen, "Harry, this is Jen Watson, would you mind if Mum and I came and visited you this afternoon?"

"I'm looking forward to it Jen, what time can I expect you, perhaps you would like to join me for lunch?"

"That would be nice Harry, eleven thirty alright with you?"

"That will be fine love, see you then."

Shortly before eleven thirty I heard their car coming up the drive way. I had prepared a cold collation and was just putting the finishing touches to a quick trifle I had whipped up. Drying my hands I went to the door to greet them. Two very tired looking ladies came into the house.

"I sympathise with the way you feel, I've have a couple of similar days myself. Welcome to my home which I hope will soon become Jimmy's and hopefully yours as well."

"Thankyou Harry, it's been a couple of stressful days trying to decide what's right for Jimmy.'

I led them into the lounge room and asked if they would like a cup of tea, they both accepted so I quickly brought in a tray, "The pots on, it will only take a few moments."

"You have a beautiful home Harry, you weren't kidding when you said it was more than modest."

"Thanks Jen, it's a little large for me to be rattling around in on my own but it's served me well over the years." I heard the kettle whistle so I got up and finished making the tea.

"It's been very stressful trying to decide on what's right for Jimmy Harry. Are we being selfish by accepting your proposal and abandoning him? Was this right for Jimmy, would he have wanted this?" We have swung back and forth trying to come up with the right solution."

"I think that you and Jen are the most selfless people I've met in a long time Sally; you've devoted your lives to caring for him, one could hardly say you were being selfish to want a life of your own."

"Our other major concern Harry, is would you respect Jimmy's body. Jimmy was a caring, well liked person, you would be putting your own personality into it, it will be difficult for us to see a 'different' Jimmy. To have someone with an entirely different nature would be very hard to take."

"Over many lifetimes I come to develop a style of living that tends not to attract attention, I intend to fully respect Jimmy's form, both physically and intellectual. I'm not a violent person although in past lives that has been so though necessity, these days I abhor violence in any form.

"I will obviously differ from Jimmy, for a start I have no idea of his personality before his loss of ego. I would need both of you to help me form the 'new' Jimmy, as they say, you can't put an old head on new shoulders, although that's exactly what we would be doing.

"I think that the right way to go, would be for me to try and emulate Jimmy's persona as closely as I can; that would I hope, make the transition more comfortable for the both of you.

"It's a very big decision Harry, Mum and I have just about burnt our brains out trying to come up with what's right for all of us. We think your proposal, although it fly's in the face of impossibility, is the sensible way to go. We approve Harry, but we warn you, if the 'new' Jimmy turns out to be a bastard we will hunt you down and kill you."

"Thankyou both, If by some obscure reason the 'new' Jimmy becomes a bastard you will have my permission to do just that.

"Rest assured we will Harry, rest assured."

"Ok, what say we take a break for lunch, then I'll give you the cook's tour of the property, then we can get back to dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's."

After a satisfying lunch we explored the house and surrounds before settling back down to finish our discussion.

"One thing about it Jen, we won't want for a well cook meal" Sally quipped.

"I accept that as a compliment Sally, over the eons I've come to learn a few tricks and I must admit I enjoy experimenting with food, thankyou."

"So, what's our next move Harry?"

"I think tying up the legal aspects should be our first concern. I need to make out my will so that Jimmy becomes the benefactor. There will be a few small bequests to make it look normal.

"My friend Bob Turner will be devastated at my passing, he's been a trustworthy friend for many years. There is an old Buggati sports car in the stable, Bob and I spent many enjoyable hours restoring the old girl. I want him to have it as a mark of our friendship."

"Jeeze, a Bug, that must be worth a mint Harry, are you sure you want to part with it?"

"Jen, things like that only hold value to me while I'm enjoying them. Tom will continue to enjoy the old girl and as Jimmy I will get pleasure out of his enjoyment.

"Although I'm not religious, I will make a bequest to the local church. The Vicar and I have spent many hours debating the sins of his religion, he's actually quite a nice fellow, needs to learn how to put his shirt on though, always seems to get the collar back to front." We all had a quiet chuckle.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.