Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3 - Cover

Elizabeth Noah, Idin Noah Book 3

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 7

Idin.

"Lilith I am focusing, I don't feel anything..."

"Keep trying"

"I am."

"MOTHER FUCKER" Idin screamed.

"What?"

"Something just broke my god damn pinky, oh wait its better, what the hell is going on Lil?"

"Exactly what I feared..." Lilith said frowning

Idin was still waving his hand around.

"Explain."

"well, theres no easy way to say this, but I think you incarnated." Lilith said looking sheepish.

"Incarnated? What does that mean?"

"Well as I said there are rules that we all have to follow when interacting with the mortal world."

"Okay, and what does that have to do with me?"

"well Idin I think you unknowingly incarnated..."

"Still drawing a blank here." Idin was frowning.

"Well, your Daughter and you are one ... There really is only a few examples in history I can think of, and it raises some very real problems, as I said Idin your dangerous to creation." Lilith was pacing.

"I mean I feared you had done something like this, just not to this level. I unknowingly invested a small part of me with my daughters, that little bit I did spawned all the daughters, and cains lot as well. You on the other hand went much farther, you invested a large portion of yourself, the consequences are unknown"

"Wait what do you mean my daughter and I are one?"

Lilith waved her hand and a large water dish appeared before them.

"Thats earth"

She gestured to herself.

"This is us on a higher plain."

She put her pinky into the water bowl.

"The pinky in the water bowl is your daughter, separate but equal, the same. It has only happened a few other times in history, higher beings incarnated on lesser plains." Lilith pulled her finger out of the water.

"And it means you and your daughter can no longer exist on the same plain, if you where to go back there you would absorb her back into yourself, it didn't happen to me and mine because of the very small amount I left, it was inconsequential in the greater whole."

Idin was now pacing.

"So what your telling me is my Daughter is a part of me, and if I go back ill absorb her ... How the hell do you know that?"

"Rules Idin, even if humans do not understand them everything operates on these rules, and as I said its happened before." Lilith said looking nervous.

"When and how? Wait ... Oh christ..." Idin was rubbing his forehead.

"Exactly..." Lilith said.


Elizabeth

"NO absolutely not Phil, I don't care what Idin said, hes NOT here, and your not taking my daughter anywhere."

Mom was still on her tirade, it had been 30 minutes of arguing back and forth.

"Its just to one of Noah Industries manufacturing plant in Portland, thats all I am supposed to do, is take her to the basement there and leave her. You know Idin, you know he would never harm his own daughter."

Phil was pleading with Mom, Morgana had left with Shannon back to the house, she had school in the mourning she had been excited to teleport with magic. Lillian was remaining silent and Sunny was standing behind her husband with her arms crossed.

"Yea he wouldn't intentionally harm her, but he would damn sure unintentionally put her in harms way, just like he put us all, DO you not remember all those employees that died?! The three days of darkness, does no one remember all that crap" Mom was waving her arms about

Whoa I didn't know about this, employees killed...

"Excuse me." I said.

No one was listening, mom was was turning red in her fury.

"Jen, Idin wanted his daughter to have a normal life as much as possible, but he knew this was a possibility." Sunny walked up behind Phil and put her arm around him.

"We all want normal lives Jen, but sometimes its not in the cards." Sunny gestured to Phil and herself.

"I fled the Daughters ... Well I was exiled but I wanted it, I wanted to just be normal, I wanted to live my life away from it all, your husband took me in when he didn't have to, he tried to give me a normal life. Sometimes the world has other plans though, it will be okay, hiding from what Elizabeth is won't solve it, it will catch up to her." Sunny said.

It was the most serious I had ever seen Sunny be.

"MY daughter wasn't born a freak, shes normal, shes been normal, something is effecting her." Mom said her voice taking on a manic tone.

"What the hells thats supposed to mean!" Sunnys voice raised.

"Sunny relax, Jen is upset." Phil said putting an arm on Sunny.

"excuse me" I said again.

"Jen, Sunny and I had no choice in what we where born as, or into, Sunny fought it her whole life, we are not freaks, just different, different isn't bad." Lillian said calmly.

"Its bad when it leads to my home being blown up, to my friends dying, its bad when I lose a husband because of it!" Jen shouted.

I looked around being completely ignored, we where still in the clinics office. I spotted a letter opener in a near by desk and gingerly picked it up.

"Idin did everything he could to protect you from that, to protect us all. Hell Jen, I seem to recall him telling both you and I to go away, to get away from him. We both didn't, or where you in a different boat than I was when we both decided to go to him to help..." Lillian said firmly.

Mom was pacing back in forth.

"Can I talk now?" I asked.

No one even turned to look at me, everyone was staring at mom.

"GOD DAMN IT LISTEN TO ME." I yelled.

Everyone turned to look, I twirled the letter opener in my hand and Jabbed it straight through my palm cleanly, it hurt like a bitch but I barely flinched, it was important. Everyone else flinched and mom Screamed.

"LIZZY no!"

"Mom, that is not normal, I am not normal, you can pretend that Dad and you had a normal life, you can hide all this crazy shit from me, but all you are doing is denying who and what I am. Ive heard more about my dad tonight than I have in all my life, I have a right to know about him." I said.

"Owe that kind of hurt" I frowned down at my hand

I pulled the letter opener out slowly and held up my hand for her to see, blood was pouring out of it.

"I am my fathers daughter if you like it or not, I would rather face what that means with my eyes open and not with my head in the sand."

Everyone was staring at me wide eyed, Phil was gesturing at my hand, I looked down and it was still bleeding, a lot.

"Wow, thats a lot of blood" I said looking down at the hand.

"Its not healing..." Phil said.

"Yea I kinda noticed that" I said feeling a bit woozy, the pain was starting to get to me.

"Oh my god Lizzy" Mom said rushing over.

"Phil do something" Sunny said.

"thats bleeding a lot" I felt real dizzy.

It was the last thing I said before I fainted.


Jennifer

Lizzy had just fainted, every one was rushing around to help her. Jen was looking around feeling very lost. Phil picked up Lizzy and rushed her into the exam room, everyone followed him.

"Do you see what I mean Lillian, his legacy can only harm her, shes his daughter alright, thats the same damn fool thing he would of pulled to prove a point" Jen said frowning.

"And all the sheltering her from his legacy and she still did it, don't you see, he is her. If you forbid this she will only hate you for it." Lillian said looking at Phil work.

"I hated my mom, everyday she made me do things her way, Jen, you don't want to cause a rift between you two, she is right ... No matter how stupidly she tried to prove it, she has a right to know her dads history" Sunny said.

"Don't you think I know she will hate me for it? Neither of you have kids, and Sunny you need to know this, sometimes you have to do things your child will hate you for, for their own good." Jen said frowning.

"Did you hate Idin so much that he is not worth his Daughter knowing about him?" Lillian said almost in a whisper.

"NO Lillian, I loved him so much that every night I still wake up expecting him to be there, I loved him so much its 14 years and I still expect him to show up. I can't lose Elizabeth like I lost him, I can't, shes all I have left of him." Jen said starting to cry.

Lillian and Sunny both engulfed Jen in a hug, all three women where quietly sobbing now, they walked out of the exam room together. Sunny went to get them all coffee from her study, Lillian shut the door behind them so Phil could work on Lizzy in peace.

"Look Jen, we all feel the loss of Idin, I knew him since I was a child, thats 200 years of knowing someone like a father, and hes gone. He didn't deserve his daughter not knowing who he was, he deserves to be remembered." Lillian said.

Sunny came back with an armful of junk food.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.