The Tree House - Book 2 - Cover

The Tree House - Book 2

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 3

The four of us sat there on two chairs; Lindie on my lap and Michelle on my mom's. Laughter continued to reverberate around the kitchen like it hadn't done for nearly half a decade. I know that both my mother and I had talked and joked since losing the rest of our family, but there was no pure joy like was flowing in our house this morning.

My mother smiled brightly as she stroked Michelle's hair. Her fingers came to rest on the blue ribbon tied to hold her pony tail in place. Her eyes raised up to look over at Lindie and she said, "All I ever remember was you wearing a red or yellow ribbon in your hair.

"If I remember correctly," she continued, "Even when you were that tomboy next door, running and playing Cowboys and Indians or some other game with Michael, you had always never had your hair tied with a blue ribbon."

Then my mother added, "You told me once that blue was a boy's color and you weren't a boy!"

Lindie laughed. "Yes, I remember telling you that when I guess I was about ten. I never wore blue anything, except of course, jeans."

"Why the change," my mother asked.

I was wondering that same thing myself. Why blue? Why now! That's when Michelle added herself to the conversation.

"It's because of Dad," she offered.

"Me?" I asked.

Picking up the answer, Lindie added, "Yes you!

"I started wearing only a blue ribbon in my hair as a protest against being dragged away from here." Then very softly she added, "I realized that I was really wearing only blue as a reminder of you, Mikey, and as a reminder of who my daughter's father was."

"I only wear blue because that's what mom has always put on me." Michelle explained. "One day I found one of her old red ribbons and asked her to put it on for me.

"She told me I could if I wanted," Michelle said and then she looked over to Lindie to let her mother continue the explanation.

"But when I told her I was wearing only blue because of my love for her father," Lindie continued, "She put the red ribbon away and well, it has always been blue for both of us since then."

"Every time I put my hair up or slip on my undies," Michelle commented, "I'd think of my dad. Even though I'd never met him, I'd think about him.

"Mom has a wallet sized picture of him she always carried and we'd talk about him. So every day I was reminded of who my dad was. The blue ribbon in my hair was for you dad. I've always worn blue.

"Even underwear!" added Michelle as she unbuttoned her shorts and pulled up a bit of her pantie to show to my mother she was blue down there too. "Mommie has on blue panties and a blue bra too," she added as we broke out with laughter.

Well, Lindie and I laughed. My mother was not sure how to react to that one.

In the pure innocence of childhood Michelle continued, "I don't wear a bra yet," as she lifted up her shirt for everyone to see her chest. "But when I do, it will be blue like mom's.

"Mom says it won't be long before I'll start to get boobies," Michelle added rubbing the palm of her right hand over her exposed prepubescent breasts. "They are starting to get a little lumpy." Then she cupped her hand under her right breast and pushed up telling us, "SEE!"

"Land's sakes," my mother laughed at Michelle's actions. "I guess we all got a good peek at your chest child, didn't we!"

"Guess so, but there's really nothing much there," Michelle said sort of sadly. "I can't wait."

Looking up into my mother's eyes she explained, "Some of the girls in school have gotten boobies already. They tell other girls ... me too ... that we're still babies."

My mom pulled Michelle to her and gave her one of those millions of kisses I was sure would be planted on her new found Granddaughter's forehead. "They will come in soon enough my dear. Soon enough."

My mother sighed and made an admission I'd never heard her make ever before. "I've always wanted a girl. Not that I have an ounce of regret having my two boys. But ... a girl ... that would have rounded out our family."

"I know what you mean," said Lindie with a sigh too.

"That's one reason I loved having your family next door," my mom continued. Then looking directly at Lindie she said, "Even though you were not mine, having a little girl around here was a wonder. Such a delight. I loved talking to you and watching you and Michael play."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.