A Just Reward
Chapter 37

Copyright© 2010 by Kaffir

They came to an hour later still holding each other close. Becca kissed Steven lovingly.

"Hallo, my darling. I think I'm going to enjoy waking up in your arms. It's even better than dancing with you."

Steven smiled at her. "Well that's one thing we can still enjoy together."

"I can think of lots more such as you making love to me. Can we do it again now?"

"Yes, my darling." He kissed her and his hands began to caress her.

"No, darling. I love all that too but I want you in me because last time was a little bit quick."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You'd been a good boy for such a long time it was hardly surprising and I did enjoy it. That's why I want to do it again and, I hope, for a bit longer."

Steven did last longer. He took care to take her gently and she came to a sweet climax. They lay for a few minutes before Becca disengaged.

"The one drawback," she said, "is that it's a bit messy. I shall have to keep a box of tissues handy."

They cleaned up and went down for a belated drink and cold lunch.

The following day they rang the vicar and then went round to talk to him. They arranged the wedding for Saturday fortnight. That meant they had to order invitation cards immediately and arrange somewhere for the reception. They chose The Moat and were pleasantly pleased that the price was not exorbitant.

They bought a local newspaper and pored over the housing section and found three or four possible houses. On Monday, after, choosing a wedding dress, they toured the estate agents and collected further details of those houses and a number of others. They spent that evening narrowing them down to three.

On Tuesday and Wednesday they visited them and plumped for one that was going relatively cheaply, being pretty badly run down, but which had six bedrooms, three reception rooms and a decent sized garden. Because Becca was underage the mortgage was taken out in Steven's name.

Wednesday evening was spent writing invitations which they posted on Thursday. On Friday Becca had an appointment with Mr Lovering at The Infirmary. He was delighted with her progress and told her laughingly that he never wanted to see her again.

No one that had been invited to the wedding declined to come. They had just over fifty guests. While they had invited the Crossleys, Hollises, Nicolsons, Roberts and Jean Robbins they had sent a blanket invitation for twelve more of the police to attend.

Frank Edwards gave the bride away. Nick Crossley was Steven's best man. Nell was Becca's one and only bridesmaid. The Damsels acted as ushers. It was not a spectacular wedding but everyone could not help but notice how deeply in love Steven and Becca were. A number of people commented on how in tune they were with each other.

The reception was fun for one and all, particularly for Maisie, Dawn and Penny who each ended up with a date with a policeman. Dawn's was six foot four which was a relief to her.

"You'll even be able to wear high heels," Maisie teased her.

Steven and Becca had a week's honeymoon in Ireland. They walked on the west coast. They ate and drank their fill. That they were together twenty four hours a day was the most important thing to them. Making love frequently and passionately came a close second.

The house purchase was completed as soon as they got back. Over the last two years Becca had made a number of friends and contacts in the building trades and these she now called on to help knock the house into shape. They were happy to do so at very little profit to themselves.

The Damsels were thrilled with the project and their love and respect for Becca increased, if that were possible. She would not allow the redecoration of the house to interfere with work so it had to take place in the evenings and at weekends. Six weeks after the honey moon it was ready and basic furniture installed. Hilary Grant came up trumps here and found a lot of cheap second hand items. The first tenants were Molly, Jane, Dawn, Penny, Jasmine plus four recent recruits: Anita, Sue, Carly and Maureen. The Grants and the Witherspoons would not hear of their girls moving out. All four were told they were considered as daughters and loved as such. That led to plenty of tearful hugs.

One evening in mid-September the telephone rang and Becca answered it.

"Please may I speak to Mr Hardacre?" asked a young female voice.

"Hold on a moment. Who's speaking?"

"His niece, Becca."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.