Invisible Empire - Cover

Invisible Empire

Copyright 2009

Appendix & Character List

Erotica Sex Story: Appendix & Character List - A Chinese-American telepath recounts experiences between 1985 to 2010 as a citizen of a secretive society of similarly gifted individuals. Readers of Gould's "Jumper" and Cormier's "Fade" will encounter some familiar names and faces. Please note the codes apply to different chapters in the story.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Extra Sensory Perception   Cousins   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   First   Safe Sex   Pregnancy   Slow   Caution   Prostitution  

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. List of Characters / Cast List (spoilers)
II. F.A.Q.
III. NON-ENGLISH GLOSSARY
IV. TIMELINE


I. LIST OF CHARACTERS / CAST LIST

At the request of an astute editor, I am including a brief summary (or 'cheat sheet') of the characters who are in the story, "Invisible Empire." This is intended to help clarify who is who.

While I have excised most of the plot spoilers, please note that there are still some reveals in the dossiers for each character. This file would be best read AFTER you've completed the entire story, or if you are truly lost.

Characters are listed alphabetically by their first name, and each entry is separated by a simple divider. Some details in each entry may not appear in the story (they are pulled from background notes) but I have mitigated this as best I can.


Aaron Pritchet

Secret Serviceman who was psychically influenced to stalk Stanley Chen at the November 29th, 2009 incident in Washington DC.


Aileen Chen (nee Kwong)

Stanley's mother. Her first name is mentioned here and there, but for the most part, she's referred to as "mom" or "mother".


Alexia Lambedakis

One of Rosalind's roommates at the Berkeley apartment. Her brief affair with Andrew causes a break-up between him and Sachiko.

Also called: Lexi (diminutive)


Ameena / Ami

Faraz's younger sister, often called "Ami" by her friends and family. Class of 2001. UCLA graduate, 2006.

Also called: Ami (diminutive)


Andrew Wei-Pung Chen

Stanley Chen's younger brother, born 1982. His official occupation is a civilian psychologist and behavioral analyst with Veterans' Affairs.

Also called: Ah-Pung (by Stanley, Janet, and Melanie), Andreas (by Viktoriya)


Anthony Yu-Wah Chen

Melanie Chen's younger brother, born 1985 or 1986 (approximate). For most of the story, Anthony is a college student.

Also called: Tony (by Stanley), Wah-jai (diminutive), Anton (by Viktoria)


Aurora Kwong

Stanley's half-first cousin on his mother's side. Born 1979. Has an incestuous affair with Stanley during a 1997 family trip. Her full Cantonese name is not given in the story.


Bethany Adams

A woman with the ability to mimic the facial features of anyone she sees. With some degree of telepathy, Bethany can fool a person into thinking they are interacting with the person she is impersonating. Her codename while operating with NSA-PSI and ICS is "Masquerade."


Brian Cox

National Security Agency OIC (officer in charge) or SAIC (supervisory agent in charge). Officially the PSI handler for NSA-PSI (Para-surveillance and Sensitive Investigation), part of NRO-10-77, the ICS, or Intelligence Collection Section, until the November 29th, 2009 incident in Washington DC.

His codename while operating with NSA-PSI and ICS was "Champion." Occasionally, Agent Cox had used the pseudonym, "Nick Champion" when introducing himself as a member of another agency.


Carrie-Ann Wilson

One of Stanley's empire associates and an empath. According to Stanley, she is a cetacean researcher or whale watcher who resides in Monterey Bay, California.


Craig Simmons

Rachelle's boyfriend, then her fiance, after she and Stanley broke up. Craig's father, Douglass, is a Republican Congressman from California.


Cristobel

Viktoriya's dancesport partner in New York. A telepath who hails from central Italy. His lover is a normal man by the name of Marcello.


Danielle Chen

One of two twin daughters of Stanley and Rachelle Chen. Born 2005. Her twin sister is Janelle. Stanley notices the sisters display a degree of empathy for one another.

Also called: Dani (by Rachelle and Stanley)


Darrell Carson

One of Stanley's empire associates, a telepath of some degree.


David Reese

A walking spatial singularity, born circa 1970. In layman's terms, he can teleport himself any where he can see. David's story is told in Steven Gould's novel, "Jumper" and further developed in its direct sequel, "Jumper Reflex." He is married to the normal woman, Millie Harrison (the movie version of Jumper has her name listed as 'Harris').

In the Invisible Empire, David's powers and relationship with Brian Cox and the NSA develop differently from the events in "Jumper Reflex" but take into account almost all the events in "Jumper."

According to Stanley, David is, " ... the world's biggest bore," and notices that he is sexually attracted to Phillipa. Additionally, David and Tseng have a poor working relationship at the agency. David's codename while operating with NSA-PSI and the ICS is "Ghost Light."

Also called: Davey (by Millie)


Douglass Simmons

Congressman in an L.A. district. A widower and the father of Craig Simmons.


Faraz

Stanley's best friend from high school, a Shia who emigrated from Iraq and into the United States in 1988 or 1989 along with his father, mother, and little sister. Born 1974 or 1975, and killed in the World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001. His wife was Ghandia, one of Rachelle's school friends.


Feodor Pinzevesky

Mysterious psychic 'neutralizer' Stanley meets through Tseng. Feodor is able to subdue the erratic psychotic mood swings of disturbed empaths by robbing them of their powers.


Franky

One of stanley's co-workers at Ferguson Design & Graphics, circa 2000 to 2001. According to Stanley, Franky is "pleasant, but balding, a loner, and ... a man who was addicted to well-hung she-males." By 2006 or 2007, Franky had left the building business and owned a bar and nightclub catering to male to female transfolk and cross-dressers.


Frederick Chen

The younger of two sons of Stanley and Janet Chen. Born 2004. Stanley notices that Freddy often "drives his mother nuts" with his constant demands for attention.

Also called: Freddy


Freya

A rhythmic gymnast and Viktoriya's lesbian lover during her time in New York. Dutch by descent. Stanley acknowledges his wife's love for Freya, and does his best to accomodate her desires.


Galen

One of Stanley's empire associates, introduced to him through Tseng. He is Kari's husband. Citizen of the United Kingdom.


George Horten

Shawn's father. His animosity towards Stanley brings the two men into conflict.


Ghandia

One of Rachelle's high school friends, and a member of the cheer squad. She is romantically involved with Faraz, and marries him shortly after they both graduate from four-year university.


Gracia Kosugi

Stanley's classmate at the College of Environmental Design, UC Berkeley. An interior designer and a materials and compositions specialist. She and Janet are good friends. Gracia is the older sister of Sachiko.

Also called: Gracie (by Janet)


Grif (possibly Griffin)

Adopted son of David and Millicent Reese, mentioned briefly towards the end of the story. He shares the same first name of the protagonist of Gould's novel "Jumper: Griffin's Story."


Halah

A Bedouin woman of mixed blood. She is one of the witch-seers of the Order of Sybaris, a coven descended from the old Bacchanite cults.


Haruna Kosugi

Older sister of Jyunko Kosugi, mother of Gracia and Sachiko. Her daughters managed to keep the woman's family name because Haruna married a 'yooshi' -- a man in Japanese society who took his wife's name in order to pass it down to the next generation.


Heidi

One of Rachelle's friends in high school, a member of the cheer squad. She marries a childhood sweetheart, Jon-Peter, later in the story.


Hortense Kwong

Stanley's half-aunt on his mother's side. She receives Stanley and Aurora as house-guests during their stay in Hong Kong.


Jacob Waters

A robbery and property crimes detective in San Francisco's police department. Stanley first meets him in 2000 after foiling a robbery, and while a useful (if roughshod) contact in local law enforcement.


Jamie Tse-Kei Young

Stanley Chen's sixth wife, whom he affectionately calls, "Jay", "Jay doll", or "Kei-kei". American-born first generation Cantonese woman (1975). She and Stanley were classmates in school but did not date.

She bore one daughter, Jillian, out of wedlock with an older man. With Stanley, Jamie has a second daughter, Jennifer (often just called 'Jenny'). Her official occupation is an IT technician and data-farm/network specialist.

It should be noted that Jamie's last name (in English) has been changed to escape notice of interested parties. Instead of Young, it is Yang. Her daughters Jillian and Jenny use Stanley's last name of Chen.

Also called: Tse-Kei (by Stanley), Kei-jie (by Melanie), Kei-kei (by Stanley)


Janelle Chen

One of two twin daughters of Stanley and Rachelle Chen. Born 2005. Her twin sister is Danielle. Stanley notices that the twins possess a measure of empathy with one another.

Also called: Jayne (by Rachelle)


Janet Kam-Ling Wu

Stanley Chen's first wife, affectionately referred to as his, "First." Cantonese-American woman born June 16, 1972. She is the daughter of her father's second wife. Janet has a full brother, James, and a half-sister (unnamed).

With Stanley, Janet has two sons: Michael (b. 2001) and Frederick (b. 2004). Her official occupation is private attorney at law (civil/business).

Also called: Ling-jie (by Melanie), Ling-Ling (by Stanley), Jan (by Stanley), Janna (by Viktoriya)


Jennifer (Jenny) Chen

The younger of two daughters of Stanley and Jamie Chen. Born 2004. Her older half-sister is Jillian. Described by Stanley as, "sanguine and sweet."


Jillian Chen

Jamie's oldest daughter, with whom she had conceived with a man out of wedlock. Born 1995. Stanley remarks that Jillian's precociousness reminds him of a young Melanie.

Also called: Jill (diminutive)


Joseph Pincelli, Jr.

A mobster from one of the myriad Italian/Sicilian crime families who owned and operated a casino where Stanley met Jamie.


Joseph Pincelli, Sr.

Father of Jospeh Pincelli, Jr., approximate age 70, and head of the Pincelli crime family.


Jon-Peter

Heidi's boyfriend, then later, husband. According to Stanley, he served as an Army Ranger until 2004, then performed civilian contract work in Iraq until he is KIA in 2006.


Jyunko Kosugi

Birth mother of Melanie Chen. Her mental capacity has been diminished by the psychic ghoul posing as Pyotr Lychenko.


Kady Chen

The only daughter of Stanley and Shawn Chen. Born 2005. Stanley notes Kady is a trouble-maker and, "often got into as much mischief as the boys."


Kari

One of Stanley's empire associates, introduced to him through Tseng. She is Galen's wife.


Kimberly Brewer

One of Rosalind's roommates at the Berkeley apartment. She is described by Stanley as someone who, "would be inclined to fuck anything with a cock and a hundred bucks."

Also called: Kimmy or Kim (diminutive)


Laura Benton-Horten

Shawn's mother. After the bigamy suit against Stanley is dimissed, she is invited to stay in the Chen house as a guest. Stanley, at one time, considered the woman "a cranky old bitch" but eventually treats her like a proper mother-in-law.


Lillian

A mentally gifted woman Tseng briefly mentions to Stanley for having, "acted foolishly." Tseng never makes light of her fate, but Stanley guesses that she was permanently silenced for betraying the empire's existence.


Melanie Yu-Ching Chen

Stanley Chen's second wife, sometimes called, "Yu-Ching." Appears to be a Cantonese woman born January 3, 1982, but in fact, is half-Chinese and half-Japanese.

With Stanley, Melanie has a son, Norman (b. 2007) and at the end of the story, is pregnant with an unborn daughter (tentatively named Suzanna). Her official occupation is a part-time chef at the Cliff House, and full-time housewife. Stanley affectionately thinks of her as a "busy-body."

Also called: Xieu-Ching (by Janet), Little Chen (by Stanley), Lanny (seldom used)


Michael Chen

The older of two sons of Stanley and Janet Chen. Born September 1, 2001. Stanley notices that Michael tends to get his younger brother, Milhail, into more trouble than usual.

Also called: Mikey (diminutive)


Milhail Chen

The only son of Stanley and Viktoriya Chen. Born 2002. Stanley and Viktoriya both notice that their son is not gifted with mental powers.

Also called: Mily (by Viktoriya)


Millie Harrison

David's wife. Hails from Stillwater, Oklahoma. Born 1970 or earlier. She knows of her husband's ability of instantaneous displacement. The events in "Invisible Empire" has her nearly killed in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. Oddly enough, where Stanley is tolerant of (even in love with) Shawn's weight, he regards Millie as a "fat bitch."


Noorah

Halah's daughter. She is a witch-seer of the Order of Sybaris, a coven descended from ancient Bacchanite cults.


Norman Chen

The only son of Stanley and Melanie Chen. Born 2007. Norman is a toddler when the story ends.

Also called: Normie (diminutive)


Phillipa Roget

A young 'woman' born with the gift of invisibility. Phillipa is afflicted with total AIS (or 'CAIS'), androgyn insensitivity syndrome. Her codename while operating with NSA-PSI and the ICS is "Mirage."


Pyotr Lychenko

Viktoriya's "older brother" who had mysteriously disappeared when she was a pre-teen living in Ukraine.


Rachelle Elizabeth Hollister

Stanley Chen's fourth wife, whom he often refers to as, "sugar." Born 1975. Stanley describes her as "mulatto" although her specific ancestry is not detailed. Stanley mentions "jumping the broom" with Rachelle, signifying they are aware of her black history, and all that it entails. She has two sisters, Lucretia and Tanya, and a brother who was killed in a bad part of town.

With Stanley, Rachelle has two twin girls, Danielle and Janelle (b. 2005). Her official occupation is a video producer at Lucasarts.

Also called: Ra-Ra (by Stanley), Rayche (by some friends)


Richard Herman

One of Stanley's empire associates. Mentioned by Stanley as a marijuana user, and hence, not privy to certain operations within the empire.


Rosalind Chae

A student of Stanley's in design studio with whom he has a brief affair.

Also called: Rose (by Stanley)


Sachiko Kosugi

Gracia's younger sister. She is a private psychiatrist and Andrew's principal love interest midway through the story.

Also called: Ji-Ko (by Andrew and close friends)


Sasha Goodwin

One of Rosalind's roommates at the Berkeley apartment. Andrew's diagnosis of her behavior leads him to confide to Stanley that "she had all the makings of a sex addict."


Shawn Ellen Horten

Stanley Chen's third wife, whom he often calls "pumpkin" or "muffin." Caucasian woman with auburn-brown hair and light freckles on her cheeks and nose, born 1977. Her brother died in an accident as a result of sordid family business. She has a half-brother as a result, but has not connected with that branch of her family.

With Stanley, Shawn has a daughter, Kady (b. 2005). Her official occupation is a civil and environmental systems engineer.

Also called: Shawn Ellen (by Melanie)


Stanley Wei-Keurng Chen

The narrator of the story. American-born first-generation Cantonese man. Born September 30, 1975. Resides in San Francisco, California along with his family. His younger brother is Andrew Wei-Pung Chen. Stanley appears to have powers of mind-reading, biointroscopy, psychokinesis and telepathy, but all that were byproducts of his true gift.

Officially, he is a licensed architect, but he has taken on extra responsibilities by the end of the story. His codename while operating with NSA-PSI and the ICS is "Snake Charmer."

Also called: Stanislav (by Viktoriya), Chen-guo (by family), Keurng-guo (by family)


Suzanna Chen

The unborn daughter of Stanley and Melanie Chen. Her name is mentioned briefly towards the end of the story.


Test Subject

Unknown "test subject" from CIA subprojects MINDFLIGHT and WHITELIGHT who became deranged, and began invading the minds of top tier directors of the U.S. security sections (CIA, NSA, and NRO). Neutralized as a threat at the November 29th, 2009 incident at DC.


Tseng / Stephen Tseng

Stanley's mysterious mentor. Looks to be a Chinese man in his late fifties or mid-sixties. He has no permanent residence, but is known to have spent time in New York City with Phillipa's aunt, Susan Roget, as well as in the outskirts of Kirishima on the island of Kyushu, Japan with the woman, Jyunko.

Tseng's motives are unclear, even towards the end of the story, when he reveals many details about Melanie and Pyotr to Stanley and Viktoriya. His relationship with the mentally withdrawn Jyunko Kosugi sheds some light into his past, but all else is speculation.

He also has at least two codenames when operating with NSA-PSI or ICS, one of which (Talisman) is no longer considered active at the end of the story.


Viktoriya Lychenko

Stanley Chen's fifth wife, whom he affectionately calls, "Vika" and a host of other Russian pet-names. Ukrainian-born Russian-Romanian who immigrated into the United States in 1990. Born March 1975. A gifted psychokineticist and a bisexual hedonist.

With Stanley, Viktoriya has a son, Milhail (b. 2002). Officially, she is a dancesport instructor and dance teacher.

Also called: Vicky (by Shawn)


II. F.A.Q.

Q. Is this based on anything which occurred IRL (in real life)?

A. For legal purposes, no. I know some of you truth-seekers are wondering if some of the characters in this story are actual people so you can look them up so you can "fap" to their pictures on social site accounts. Look all you want, but no real names were used, except for certain locations and cities.


Q. Did you rip this off from "Push", "X-men", etc.?

A. Not entirely, no. I was fascinated by individuals having preternatural powers, but they would be reclusive and secretive about it; after all, if you're drawing attention to yourself, you're going to get some, both the good and the bad.

As Stanley mentions, growing up with the X-Files instills a fear of government dissection, and not the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D. If you are looking for other inspiration, SuckerPunch's Infamous videogame on the Playstation 3 has inspired me to start putting this story onto paper.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.