A Potter's Tale
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2010 by Telephoneman

My daughter may be a typical teenage girl but she was also pretty observant when it came to her dad.

'Okay Dad, what's going on?' Kate demanded within moments of getting in the car.

'What do you mean?'

'Come on Dad, I'm not blind. You're as happy as I've seen you since Mum died.'

'All right, you win, ' I said smiling at my inquisitor. 'I went on a date last night.'

'Oooh that was quick, we only talked about it the other day.' She paused a moment. 'No wonder you raised no objections to me staying over for the night, ' Kate giggled. 'Did you spend the night together?'

I felt myself blush deeply. This was the sort of conversation I'd envisaged with my daughter a few times, but not for a number of years and with me asking the questions.

'No need to answer Dad, you face has done it for you, ' she said pealing with laughter. 'Who is she? Wait let me guess. It's Michelle Grayson's aunt, isn't it?'

'No Kate it isn't. It's someone you haven't met and seriously it was nothing that was planned.'

I went on to explain yesterdays events, omitting certain obvious details.

'When do I get to meet her then?'

'This afternoon if you want.'

'I want.'

The rest of the short trip back and the next hour were full of questions about Lucy. Where did we meet, how long ago, how old was she, what did she look like and many other variations on the theme.

'Enough, enough, ' I cried holding my hands up in surrender. 'I never had these many questions from my parents when I first met your mother, ' I laughed. 'Now, I believe you have chores to do. What say you get them done whilst I give Lucy a call and arrange something for this afternoon.'

'Okay slave driver, ' my daughter answered, as always determined to have the last word.

I rang Lucy, thankful that it was her mobile number and not her parent's landline. After the inquisition my daughter had just put me through I didn't fancy another from one or both of Lucy's parents.

'Hi lover, ' came her very cheerful reply. 'Have you spoke to your daughter yet?'

I was a little surprised at her perkiness and said. 'You seem chirpy. I expected that you might be half asleep as you said you were going to bed.'

'Never got the chance. Had the third degree from Mum and Dad, ' she laughed. 'Besides I seem on too much of a high to sleep.'

'I had the same from Kate. How did yours go? Am I public enemy number one?'

I heard a roar of laughter. 'Just the opposite. I think Mum is in the kitchen planning the wedding right now.'

'Wait 'til she meets me, that'll soon change. Now what do you want to do this afternoon, bearing in mind that Kate will be with us and will have a million questions for you.'

'Do you enjoy swimming?'

'We both love it.'

'Okay then. How about Water World and then ten pin bowling?'

'Sounds great and I get to see you on a swimsuit, ' I answered.

'Men! You've already seen everything.'

'Naked is for touching. A partially clad woman is much more alluring to the eye.'

'Whatever, ' she giggled.

The afternoon was a brilliant success. The two women in my life bonded instantly and just as immediately began to gang up on me; physically in the pool and verbally out. I revelled in it.

Lucy looked fabulous in a turquoise and silver bikini, something I told her on the few occasions that my daughter was out of earshot. I was thrilled when she told me that it was the first time that she'd ever used an unpadded bikini top. I think she too was quietly thrilled when I demanded that she never wear a padded anything again.

I won the bowling but only after a lucky strike in the third and last frame with Lucy and I sharing the first two. It was back in my teens when I'd last played and that showed both in my scores and the ache in my buttock as we walked back to my car.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.