They That Have Power – Book III
Chapter 31: Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Copyright© 2010 by hermit

Mind Control Sex Story: Chapter 31: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - Life goes on for Jake and his family until the Council forces the confrontation he has been dreading. Can Jake protect his family if it escalates into open war?

Caution: This Mind Control Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Mind Control   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Extra Sensory Perception   Incest   DomSub   Harem   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Prostitution  

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jake tossed on the bed again, awakened from a shallow sleep by yet another siren.

“C’mon, Jake. Go to sleep,” Shannon mumbled.

Jake rolled out of bed. It was three a.m. and he was exhausted. But with the strange bed and the strange place, his sleep was fitful. He got himself a drink of water and stared out the window into the night. There was still a lot of activity down at the ground level. Traffic noise seeped in through the window. He had to get some sleep. He went to the bathroom to pee and then crawled back into bed with Shannon.


“Time to get up,” Shannon said brightly, shaking his arm. “It’s already nine o’clock.”

Jake groaned. It felt like he had just fallen asleep.

Shannon pulled him upright.

“Take a shower. Then we’ll get some breakfast. A cup of coffee will bring you around.”

“I hate coffee,” he said.

“Then have one of those caffeinated sugar water things you drink. But I’m not wasting the whole morning watching you snore.”

“I don’t snore.”

“You just keep telling yourself that.”


Jake sat down with a sigh. His feet were sore from walking for hours through the halls of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. What was it with his women and art? Why couldn’t they just take in a day game at the new Yankee Stadium? He had checked. The Tigers were in town for a four-game series.

Jake was seated in the same booth in the same bagel shop he and Shannon had sat in the previous afternoon. He set a large Coke and a bagel on a stick onto the table. The bagel was just a prop, but he needed the Coke. He had been tired all day. If he wasn’t careful, he was going to doze off right there in public.

Jake forced himself to focus on Shannon. She was walking through the front door of Bacon’s office building. Jake sighed in relief when the security guard ignored her.

Shannon went straight to the elevator which she rode to the sixth floor as they had agreed on ahead of time.

I’m going to pop into the ladies’ room, she sent, and scan from there.

Jake followed her mind as she went in. The restroom was empty. Shannon stepped into a stall and closed the door.

I feel like I’m violating your privacy, he sent.

You know you can watch me go potty anytime you want. Now hush a minute. I’m going to scan.

Jake took a sip of his drink and checked the time — 2:45. Plenty of time to check things out before the conference call.

I’m still too far away, Shannon sent. I’m topping out at the twentieth floor. I need to go higher.

She left the restroom and went into a stairwell. It was hot and stuffy in there. At each landing, she stopped and cast out for Bacon’s office again. She was satisfied with her reception when she got to the eighth floor. She left the stairwell and made her way to the restroom. Jake left her alone while she surveyed the 21st floor.

There’s a lot going on up here, she sent finally. There’s an accounting section, a security section, a data processing and telecommunications group, people responsible for PR, plus a unit that develops and acquires new businesses. There are some executive types who oversee everything. The security operation is huge. Some people investigate and report on other mind readers. Others look for press and government interest in telepathy. There is a team devoted to you, Jake. They know about Diana’s. They are gathering information about everyone who lives with you, except the servants, thank God. They suspect you are responsible for your father’s disappearance but don’t have any direct evidence of it.

By the way, Shannon continued, it’s a good thing that you haven’t entered the building. They have cameras installed in the lobby, the 21st floor, and the penthouse, and people are monitoring them. They take their security very seriously here. They don’t know whether you survived the assassination attempt, and the security people are worried about retaliation.

That was too close, Jake sent. I would have just wandered into full view of their cameras if you hadn’t talked me out of it.

Just goes to show that you can listen when you have to.

Any sign of Bacon, smart ass?

Every bloody place. They revere him like a god here.

I mean the man himself.

No, Jake, but he may be on the top floor. When I’m finished scanning the 21st floor, I’ll climb up another story and check out the penthouse. I’m pretty sure there is someone up there, but the impressions I’m getting are just too vague to be sure. Now, be quiet a few minutes while I look more closely at the security section. There may be a problem.

Jake took a bite of the bagel and fretted. The good news was that Shannon seemed safe at the moment. He was also pleased with how self-possessed she was. Hell, she was cheeky. The danger was making her randy. That tart attitude was how she behaved when she was trying to provoke him to discipline her. He would have to be sure to use her hard when they got back home. It was a delight for both of them that he didn’t have to fake being a dom anymore

Here’s trouble, Jake. I’ve been reading one of the security guys. He’s Bacon’s liaison with underworld enforcers. He’s prepared a proposal that Bacon plans to put before the Council today. He wants to put out a contract on you. He figures he can get some high quality hit men interested.

Jake’s stomach clenched up.

This is going to be a real problem, Shannon sent. Unlike Wise, these guys are skilled killers. The security guy thinks this is what they should have done about you from the beginning. Boris has always said that the ... Hold it, Jake. Something’s happening. Shannon paused. Guess what? God just arrived. It’s like someone kicked a fire ant mound. These people are all stirred up. For their sakes, I hope Bacon doesn’t show up often. They’d never get any work done.

Less editorial. More narrative. What’s he doing?

Hold on. Another pause. Okay, I see. He’s here to collect his bodyguards. He’s about to step out for a business appointment.

That means he’s coming our way. Quick, Shannon, read his mind-reading nerves. What kind of range does he have?

Stand by. Let me look. Man, he’s a lot stronger than Wise. But I don’t think he’s got as much range as Boris did when we looked at him on Sunday. Maybe 50 feet? He’s heading for the elevator now with his bodyguards. One of his minions is holding a car for him. He’s heading down to the lobby.

That’s trouble, Shannon. The elevator is going to bring you into his range when it goes past your floor.

Maybe he won’t notice me.

Blank your mind, Shannon. Now! Make yourself inconspicuous.

Look at my shoes. They’re showing some wear on the heels. I wonder if I can get some nice shoes while I’m in town. This is supposed to be the best city in the world for shopping.

Jake almost laughed out loud. Shannon had the right idea. He sent her encouragement. She kept her monologue about shoes going, moving to her hosiery when she ran out of things to say about her shoes. If Bacon chanced on her mind, the surface thoughts would be decidedly uninteresting.

Then Jake had a sobering thought. Bacon was going to come into Jake’s range, too. Did Jake have time to get away before the elevator got to the ground floor? He didn’t know for sure.

Suddenly Bacon came in range. That kind of arrogance couldn’t belong to anyone else. Yes, it had to be him. He was reading the minds of his bodyguards, verifying their loyalty. No time for Jake to run now. Besides, this was an unexpected opportunity. If they were going to bring in a professional killer, Jake didn’t have the luxury to wait for the ideal circumstances to ambush him.

Bacon’s elevator passed the third floor. He would be able to read Jake momentarily. Jake didn’t have enough time to construct a good loyalty control. He shoved a fast and dirty intuitive control into him instead. The elevator door opened.

Ah, Lord Bacon, it’s nice to finally meet you, Jake sent. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jake Fielding.

Jake felt Bacon freeze just outside the elevator. Bacon experienced surprise, then terror, and finally acceptance. After all, he owed Jake his allegiance.

I am at your disposal, Mr. Fielding.

Wait where you are for a minute.

Yes, sir.

Jake constructed a permanent loyalty control in him and installed it. He erased the intuitive control.

Don’t tell anybody I’m in town. Do not act differently than you normally do. I don’t want you to tip off the other members of the Council by your sudden loyalty to me. Go about your day as you normally would. If you can subtly protect my interests, do so. That also goes for the members of my household. And one last thing. Please, don’t hire anybody to kill me.

Of course not, Mr. Fielding.

Call me Jake. I’d like for you to join me and a companion for dinner tonight. We’re at the Sheraton up the block. Come by at six. Room 2313. Since you know the area, why don’t you get us reservations at some nice place.

Yes, Jake. All the good places will expect you to wear a coat and tie.

Fine. Now go take care of your business.

Bacon lurched into motion again. He had stood stock still for about 15 seconds and his guards were getting concerned. He reassured them that all was well. They walked through the lobby, out the door, and into a waiting car.

Jake sagged.

I think that’s that, he sent to Shannon. We have a dinner date, by the way.

I know, I was listening in. You know something, Jake?

What?

You’re the weirdest guy I’ve ever met.

Why?

That man conspired to have you killed, and you punish him by taking him out to dinner.

Actually I plan on making him pay. With the prices around here, don’t you think that’s punishment enough?

Not even close.

Shannon, I’m not a very forgiving guy and there’s a part of me that would love to make him pay dearly for all the trouble he’s caused.

So why don’t you?

It’s got something to do with having him under my control. It’s like he’s become a pet or something. I feel responsible for him.

I don’t follow.

Let me put it like this. You have a dog and it bites me. The dogcatcher comes and takes it to the pound. What should we do about the dog? It’s not a danger anymore. I’m pissed off because it bloody hurts, but I wouldn’t want to beat it or something like that. As the owner, you might decide to destroy it or keep it away from people. Or you might even decide that it was a fluke and forget about it. But the point is that you control the fate of the dog. To do something needlessly cruel would demean you.

I’ll think about it, but I’m not sure that I buy that Bacon is just a bad-tempered dog that doesn’t know any better.

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve to be punished. I just think that if I have control of him, I shouldn’t be the one to do it. By the way, you were great today. I’m going to put you up for a promotion.

How does that work? I don’t work for you, and I don’t earn anything. Not unless we’re talking about me whipping people at Diana’s.

No, I’m not talking about that. And the fact that you have no position and no income is an oversight that I’ll have to deal with soon.

It’s no big deal, Jake. It’s not like you don’t take care of me.

As glad as I am to do that, let’s come up with something you can do so that you can tell me to stick it up my ass if I do something you don’t like. But I’m straying off-topic.

Remind me. What is the topic?

You are gathering intelligence from the headquarters of the governing body of all the mind readers in America. The more we learn, the better we will be able to guide them to do what we want.

Sure, Jake.

Plus in a little less than an hour, there will be a conference call to listen in on.

Oh, right. I forgot about that.

The danger is gone. You can probably go up and get closer to them without any real risk. I’ll still be able to reach you as far as the sixteenth floor.

Okay. I’ll wander up there.

Jake ate more of the bagel, drank part of his Coke, and relaxed. He hadn’t realized that his presence on the mission would make it that much more dangerous. Well, all’s well that ends well. They now had the Council 40% wrapped up.

Jake called Carol.

“Hey, boss,” she said. “How are things in the Big Apple?”

“Why do they call it that? There’s nothing apple-like that I can see.”

“Have you looked it up on Wikipedia?”

“No. I never thought about it before you mentioned it.”

“I’ll look it up when I get a free moment. That way you won’t have to obsess about it when you should be off doing battle.”

“That’s why I called. The battle’s over.”

“Do tell.”

“Shannon and I are at Bacon’s office building. He came on us unexpectedly. The safest thing was to take control of him before he could detect us.”

“Good. The Boston and D.C. teams plan to be in place for the four o’clock conference call. Ellen and Alice report that Greenlee’s offices in Philadelphia are located on grounds with walls that are too far away to read from a public place. Their current plan is to case Greenlee’s residence tonight and see if they can ambush him there.”

“Next time you talk to them tell them I said to be careful. I couldn’t handle losing either of them.”

“You’re soppy, you know that? But I’ll let them know.”

Jake rang off and checked in with Shannon.

Where are you?

I’m sitting in the waiting room of Dr. Weiner. He’s a psychotherapist on the fifteenth floor. It’s very comfortable here.

I’m glad your accommodations have improved. How goes the reconnaissance?

There’s a lot of money here, Jake. If I understand the accounting, they bring in over ten million a month. Their costs seem to be just a fraction of that, maybe two or three hundred thousand that I’ve noticed.

Where do the profits go?

Some of it goes overseas. A bunch goes to Bacon’s personal accounts. The rest goes into new ventures. There’s a lot of legitimate stuff. Mutual funds, small businesses, that kind of thing. But there’s a lot of money coming from and going into the underground economy. He’s into drugs in a big way. He uses his legitimate businesses to launder the money.

Jake noticed that Bacon had returned and was walking through the lobby.

Mr. Bacon.

Yes, Jake.

Just so you know, I have a spy watching your offices from the fifteenth floor. Please don’t do anything to her.

A telepath?

Yes.

I’ll leave your slave untouched.

Jake decided to not correct Bacon’s misperception but Bacon sensed something and read Jake.

She’s not under your control?

Not the way you’re thinking. She’s a free agent. But trustworthy.

That’s a very dangerous practice, Jake.

I’ve heard that before. We’ll talk about it over dinner.

Jake turned his attention back to Shannon.

Anything else? he sent.

Just so you know, there seems to be a business that engages in slavery.

What do you mean?

You know, slavery. You force someone to work for you.

Work how?

Sex, Jake.

But you can’t have slaves in this country.

That’s why it’s an illegal business.

Why don’t we hear about this kind of thing?

It’s usually immigrants, people without enough power to do anything about it.

Then I know the first thing that’s going to change here.

They’re starting the conference call, Jake. Bacon is in his apartment by himself.

Would you send it on to me?

Sure.

Shannon relayed the call from Bacon’s perspective. He was sitting in front of a desktop computer looking at four different windows on two different monitors. He was wearing a headset with a microphone and leading the conversation.

“Any old business?”

“What’s happened with that boy in Texas?”

Who asked that? Jake sent.

Jake sensed Shannon reading Bacon. That’s Greenlee.

“I just got off the phone with an investigator in Miami,” Bacon said. “Wise left a week ago yesterday. He hasn’t been heard from since. He made no arrangements for his staff to get in contact with him.”

“He can’t afford a cell phone?”

Who? Jake sent.

That was Michael Dixon, Shannon sent, the Council member in D.C.

He was a handsome, middle-aged black man, Jake saw from the image on the computer screen.

“The lack of a phone may be the least of his problems.”

Who?

That was Boston, John Murphy, Shannon sent.

He was a young man, maybe not yet 30.

“We have to assume he failed,” Greenlee said. “The boy is dangerous.”

“You might be right,” the only woman said. “But there’s no reason to make assumptions. We should rely on intelligence sources on the ground.”

That had to be Tonya Burgess, Jake thought, the mind reader that Jan had taken control of in Cleveland.

“We have a private investigator looking at Fielding,” Bacon said. “I asked him to see if he could find out about Miami. He’s come up with a complete blank.”

“We have a telepath who’s missing,” Murphy said, “and the boy looks to be unmanageable. We need to act right away. It’s time to send in an experienced telepath to figure out what’s happening.”

“You mean another experienced telepath,” Dixon said. “Who do we have who would do better than Wise?”

“Wise has done nearly 20 jobs for me,” Greenlee said, “but accidents can happen. We still need to ferret out the truth. We need to send in someone who will be careful.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.