Doc
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2010 by Kingkey

I just stood there gasping like a fish out of water, with Grandpa still laughing his ass off. Spotted Owl was just looking back and forth between us, puzzled as to what was going on and starting to look a little annoyed. Grandpa noticed this and struggling to get his laughter under control, hurried to reassure him that he was not laughing at him and that I wasn't touched in the head.

"Spotted Owl he's just astonished that you would accept such a small amount for your two beautiful daughters."

"Other brave no want. Think too small. Think not able do hard work and too small to bring strong sons." He explained

"I'm sure they're wrong. I've seen those girls work! They may be small but they work as hard as any woman. They are very clean and are good cooks. I think between the two of them they will have enough strong sons and beautiful daughters to make any man proud and keep his lodge happy."

"But ... But..." I stammered, not quite grasping the situation.

"Later, Boy!" Grandpa snapped.

"He good man?" asked Spotted Owl.

"I think so. He's family, a brave warrior, a good hunter, and a medicine man — he'll make a good husband and father to many strong sons."

"Is good! Need many strong sons."

Seeing that I was still in a state of shock, Grandpa asked, "How's Running Deer doing? Don't you think you better go check on her?"

Going over to her I saw she was now awake and doing a lot better. The fever seemed to be breaking. Both she and Little Doe had big smiles on their cute pixie faces, making me even more nervous.

"How are you feeling? Still hurting real bad or is it better?" I asked Running Deer while I felt the mud cast to see if it was drying correctly.

"Still hurts but much better. More like bad ache now. Sickness is much better. Not sweat now." She answered.

"That's good. You will be better in no time. You just be real still while you cast dries. Your arm should stop hurting in a couple of days, but the cast must dry hard before you can move it. We will keep a close eye on you for the next day or so."

"When we go to your lodge? Make you good wives." she asked, with both of them smiling even bigger and making me even more nervous.

Grandpa saw us and started laughing at me again. "Come on boy, I think we need to go have a private talk."

By this time, I was starting to get pissed. Grandpa seemed to be having too much of a good time laughing at me. Everyone else was looking at me like I was dropped on my head as a baby or was simple minded. The twins just kept smiling at me all the time like a starving man looks at a big steak dinner.

"OK, what's going on? How did I trade for the girls to be my wives?" I demanded in frustration.

"When you handed Spotted Owl the box of cigars, he didn't have anything worth enough to trade for them. Remember I told you tobacco is a good trading stock, being so rare? When he took you into the lodge and pointed to the girls, and you just nodded, he thought you accepted the trade."

"But ... But ... I thought we were trading for the horse and he wanted to know if his daughter was OK!" I exclaimed.

"The horse was a gift to you for saving his daughter. He truly loves those two girls of his."

"But I don't want to get married. He can keep the cigars as a gift!" Even to me, I sounded like I was whining.

"YOU DAMN FOOL! Are you trying to get us all kill't, insulting these people like that? You were warned to watch what you were doing. You could've asked what to do, but you just rammed ahead anyway. Besides, he wants them to be married and have lots of grandsons. He thinks it's long past time they found a husband, but they had all the young bucks around here scare't that they were a pair of shrews.

"Maybe they don't want me." I said

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.