Palimpsest - Cover

Palimpsest

Copyright© 2010 by Maxicue

Chapter 7: Employment Benefits

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7: Employment Benefits - A brilliant rookie lawyer new to Chicago, clumsy with women in the past, finds true love with unexpected consequences. Other women with similar shady careers fill his bed and his heart. (The MM categories are brief and rare)

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Ma/mt   mt/mt   Mult   Consensual   Reluctant   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Harem   Slow   Prostitution  

Wearing the utilitarian robe, Marta found the farthest spot from the activities of the bedroom and the spying walls, beyond which Harry's adjoining suite hid. She made herself small in the corner and called Joe on her cell.

"Hey," said Joe, sounding quiet yet excited to see her name across his cell phone.

"Hey," said Marta.

"You okay?"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too. Can I see you?"

"Not now," answered Marta sipping her champagne.

"Oh."

"Later I promise. I have to..."

"Okay."

"Sorry."

"Me too."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I love you too. It's been strange."

"Do I want to know?"

"Yes actually."

"Really?"

"I met someone..."

"Uhm..."

"Sorry Joe. That started very wrong. No one's going to take me away from you. Only you could..."

"Not going to happen, Marling."

"Good. I don't know how much I can tell you. Cell phones have ears."

"Okay."

"Let's just say I'm feeling more amenable concerning the talk we had about you solving a certain problem for me. Or should I say, us collaborating on a possible solution."

"Did something happen?" Joe sounded afraid for Marta.

"Nothing bad. The date has been rewarding let's say. And in case you take that wrong, dates, aside from the money, are never rewarding, okay?"

"Okay."

"I just wanted you to know I'm with you if you pursue my problem. Along with the fact that I love you and miss you. Anyway, I met someone who could be a lead for Roger and his whole rave thing."

"Does that have any relationship with solving your problem?"

"Maybe. Probably not, but it will be something to contemplate. I'm thinking about going to one. I avoided them when I was younger, but it might be fun. In order to go, I'll need a night off, maybe two, maybe the whole weekend."

"Really!"

"I thought you'd like that. I'm thinking not next weekend, but the weekend after. Steve, the guy with the lead thinks it would be less likely to happen next weekend anyway and ... I should ... be with the boss. He'd expect it after..."

"Obviously he's not there."

"Thank god. But he'll..."

"I understand."

"Sorry to say the least."

"I know."

"So what have you been up to?"

"Working."

"On what?"

"A case."

"Of course silly. What is it?"

"You won't find it interesting."

"Do you?"

"Yes, but..."

"Tell me about it. What's your duties? I know you're a junior..."

"Less than that."

"So what do these seniors expect less than a junior to do?"

"Research mostly. Precedents."

"Like in those moldy old reams of law books."

"Exactly."

"So you're not home."

"I'm borrowing Northwestern's library."

"Are you disturbing the other patrons?"

"I stepped out when I saw your beautiful name on my cell."

"Sending you into the cold am I?"

"You'd warm me anywhere. I'm in the entryway getting funny looks from strangers."

"Female strangers, and they're not funny to me!"

"Right."

"Joe you don't know how attractive you are. I can't believe I snatched you up before the rest of the female world realized what they'd been missing."

"Marling, I've been waiting for your snatch." They laughed full throated. Funny looks from a couple strangers made Joe laugh even harder. "All my life," he finally finished. Laughter abated slowly.

"Speaking of snatch..." Marta began.

"I'd prefer seeing than speaking."

"Later Joe on both counts."

I can't wait."

"Me neither. So besides dull research..."

"I like it."

" ... what else do you do? No wait. Tell me about the case and fill in what you're doing. I promise I won't be bored."

"You asked for it."

Both Marta and Joe enjoyed the discussion. Joe probably shouldn't have confided details, but he didn't care. He knew he could and would tell Marta anything and everything. He knew Marta couldn't reciprocate and he preferred she didn't, at least in terms of her present occupation. He actually benefitted from her lack of knowledge of law processes because it gave him renewed insights into things he'd become too accustomed to to notice anymore. He glossed over terms and concepts and had to explain them, reacquainting him with things he hadn't considered and bringing new ideas to the case.

"So your boss expects input beyond basic research?"

"I think he hired me for it. Beyond the grades and test scores and graduating first in my class, he found my published writing in the law review exciting in its fresh perspective and he even read my published story."

"You published a story!?!"

"It surprised me too. The magazine rarely publishes unsolicited manuscripts. Essentially it's a love story involving a gruff private investigator and a beautiful but defensive defense attorney. I condensed the proceedings of course to make it interesting, but kept the gist of the breach of contract suit. The blossoming affair and the court proceedings echo each other in an amusing way. At least that's what I intended."

"Do you know any private investigators?"

"We don't use them so much in contract litigation, but have a couple on retainer."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Now I am. I'll set up a meeting as soon as possible. I've been introduced, but haven't worked with them. My firm is top notch..."

"Of course."

"So I'm sure they're top notch as well."

"Now I know why I met you."

"Right."

"I want to read the story."

"Only if you bring me your dance tape."

"All of them?"

"How many?"

"A dozen."

"I'll have to start writing. It'll take me awhile, but I'll catch up."

"Silly. Do you have any more?"

"Four or five. They're mostly pretty old and not nearly as good as 'A Heart on Trial'."

"A hard-on trial?" chuckled Marta.

"Jeez Marta, I thought only men had one track minds."

"You thought wrong honey."

"Uhm..."

"Oh shit, I sounded like a whore, didn't I?"

"Someday I hope to make me your exclusive john."

"Until then I'll keep the performance from you."

"I don't mind."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.