Displacement
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2010 by dak

"Are you insane?" Jenny asked.

"It would seem so" I said.

The nurse had ask me to lay down in the nurses office as she went to call someone, I heard her lock the door as she left.

"You don't go around telling people you hear voices." Jenny said tersely.

"But it would seem it is the truth, I am hearing voices." I said.

"Yeah kid but I am real." Jenny said.

"I am sure thats what all the schizophrenics voices tell them too." I said.

I stared up at the tile trying to relax.

"Seriously Jimmy this is a bad Idea, when she gets back you tell her you just thought it would be funny to say that to her." Jenny said.

"Sure keep you a secret, next you will tell me my science teacher is the devil and I need to shoot him." I said.

"Well he is but that wasn't going to be the first command I gave you." Jenny said with a smirk.

"Thats not funny." I said aggravated.

"You think its funny for me? How old are you kid 9? 10?" Jenny asked.

"I am 11 thank you, shouldn't you know that if you are in my head?" I asked.

"I don't think it works that way Jimmy, I am just sort of here, I can hear what you hear and see what you see, that seems to be it." Jenny said.

"So can you be silent now and leave me alone with my nervous break down." I said.

"You are not having a nervous break down, I told you my experiment screwed up ... oh god wait, you said its 2005? theres still time, oh god let there still be time." Jenny said.

I could hear the excitement in her voice, I sat up.

"Time for what?" I asked.

"My Daddy, he might still be a live, we can save him, we can save him Jimmy what month is it!" Jenny said excitedly.

"Um we can sit here and wait for the men in white coats to come get me, and they will give me some nice meds that will make you go away." I said.

"Damn you kid you are not insane, how can I prove it?" Jenny asked.

"Tell me something thats going to happen." I said.

"Okay what month is it?" Jenny asked.

"march 12th" I Said.

"OH, wait march 12th? You catholic kid?, okay how about we make a deal, you tell the nurse you where joking, and ill tell you the day the pope dies, and who replaces him?" Jenny said.

"the popes gona die?." I said.

"Yeah he dies in the earlier part of april." Jenny said.

"What really?" I asked.

"Yes, if it doesn't happen you can tell people you are nuts okay?." Jenny said.

Just then the nurse came back with Mister Adams, the 8th grade gym teacher.

"Now Jimmy Mister Adams is going to stay in the room with you while I call your parents okay?" The nurse said nervously.

I faked a laugh.

"Im sorry, I was just kidding, I didn't mean to frighten you, I just got beat up again and thought it would be funny to make that voice thing up." I said.

They both looked at each other, the nurse looked back in anger.

"Jimmy thats not funny, you shouldn't joke about things like that." The nurse said.

"I ... I know, its just I was embarrassed to be beaten up again." I said looking down.

"You going to be okay alone with him Rose?" Mister Adams asked.

"Yeah ill be fine Bob, its okay." The nurse said.

"You behave Jimmy or your ass is mine." Mister Adams said as he left the room.

"Bob and Rose are doing it I think Jimmy." Jenny said.

I snorted trying not to laugh.

"Okay Jimmy its not funny, I am still calling your parents, and the counselor will want to talk to them with you about this fight." The nurse said.

Both of them left and I laid back down.

"Okay you have until the pope dies Jenny." I said.

"Thank you Jimmy, and we still have time to help my dad." Jenny said.

"Wont that mess up the time stream or something? Like back to the future? Im not going to end up with my mom hitting on me or fading away?" I asked.

"No, no I don't think so ... actually the whole ramifications of time travel wasn't my department..." Jenny said.

"Wait you don't think so?" I said.

"Well nothing happened yet? Me being here has already caused some change?" Jenny said.

"Well true, unless all this already happened in your time, in which case we can't do anything to help your dad." I said.

"Oh" Jenny's whispered reply came.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks, and I felt despair I wiped at the tears.

"um Jenny?" I said.

"Did I do that?" Jenny said.

"I am not crying!?" I said.

"Oh sorry." Jenny said.

"No no, sorry Jenny that was insensitive of me, I should of thought before I spoke." I said.

"No but you are right I may not be able to change anything." Jenny said.

"Well we don't know that yet, who knows how this works." I said.

"John might, he is one of the Physicist I was working with." Jenny said.

"Okay, okay, we have to figure this out, we will take it one thing at a time Jenny, and if we can we will help your dad." I said.

"Thank you." Jenny said.

It was an hour of getting to know each other, well Jenny told me all about herself, how she was sort of a child prodigy, and where I thought she was an older women she was really still a teen ager herself, I was just about to start telling her about myself when my dad showed up with the nurse.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.